Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

ilikeplanets 03-28-2023 08:56 PM

Dayquil is a panic attack in a bottle

yo soy el mejor 03-28-2023 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4620635)
Sorry, is this directed at me or at all the parents?

all parents. kids often get the short end of the stick. i love and respect kids which is why i never want one.

i used to be in charge of volunteers for an after-school program in a domestic violence shelter so i didn't have much to do. my favorite time was a young man telling me how awful he was at math. i asked, ''have you always known how to tie your shoes?" i told him he was capable of learning anything and we went through some math problems together and he was smiling the whole time

one boy told me he wished i was his mom and i did not like that. that was sad

Ram27 03-29-2023 01:16 AM

is dayquil really psychoactive

Fonzie 03-29-2023 02:16 AM

Glad my kids are older than all this crying nonsense.

ovary 03-29-2023 09:28 AM

nyquil i meant to say. i have gotten panic attacks from dayquil but not since i was a kid

bardy 03-29-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonzie (Post 4620779)
Glad my kids are older than all this crying nonsense.

mine still cries but only when I tell him he cant do something and it's usually preceded by "you're so mean!!!"

vixnix 03-30-2023 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4620737)
all parents. kids often get the short end of the stick. i love and respect kids which is why i never want one.

i used to be in charge of volunteers for an after-school program in a domestic violence shelter so i didn't have much to do. my favorite time was a young man telling me how awful he was at math. i asked, ''have you always known how to tie your shoes?" i told him he was capable of learning anything and we went through some math problems together and he was smiling the whole time

one boy told me he wished i was his mom and i did not like that. that was sad

That’s fair

I haven’t met many parents who thought they were doing a good job. The ones who did think that had a bit of Dunning-Kruger vibe

Disco King 04-04-2023 07:48 PM

I always say, why do something yourself when you can let a professional handle it? That's why I got an electrician to look at my circuit breaker when it blew instead risking trying to fix it myself, and I gave my kids up for adoption.

vixnix 04-04-2023 07:53 PM

Truly, I wish we could have afforded a Norland nanny

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norland_College

But we couldn’t. So instead my kids got me. :(

Ram27 04-04-2023 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4621370)
I always say, why do something yourself when you can let a professional handle it? That's why I got an electrician to look at my circuit breaker when it blew instead risking trying to fix it myself, and I gave my kids up for adoption.

the only good thing about living in an apartment and throwing thousands into the ether yearly is that they have people to come and fix things

ovary 04-05-2023 08:18 PM

i'm your puppet

yo soy el mejor 04-06-2023 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram27 (Post 4621383)
the only good thing about living in an apartment and throwing thousands into the ether yearly is that they have people to come and fix things

yeah right.

ilikeplanets 04-06-2023 06:46 PM

That's the only good thing about a husband, too

MyOneAndOnly 04-06-2023 07:05 PM

vixnix 04-07-2023 01:27 AM

My CIS het male spouse also earned money that he didn’t spend on himself. I couldn’t even cover our rent with my salary.

Elijah Moon 04-10-2023 03:39 PM

I finished my evening classes last week. We all brought in snacks for the least session and finished up anything we had left to do in our workbooks. I'd actually finished everything, which is out of character, but I was very conscientious with the whole thing. I'll get a certificate sent out to me in the next couple of months. When I left I told everyone it was nice to have met them, and they all smiled and waved and said they hoped to see me again.

I've signed up for a different eight week course but the numbers aren't there yet, so unless more people sign up over the next two weeks it won't run. I hope it does because I'm enjoying doing a bit of education again.

Cool As Ice Cream 04-11-2023 08:53 AM

well that's nice

Elijah Moon 04-11-2023 11:08 AM

It certainly is pleasant

yo soy el mejor 04-11-2023 07:47 PM

i am using khan academy to study for LSATs (it's free!). ordering set ups are proving to just make me feel like an idiot; i had a similar issue with problems like this in elementary school.

The questions in this exercise are based on the set of conditions described below. You may find it useful to draw a rough diagram.

A car drives into the center ring of a circus and exactly eight clowns—Q, R, S, T, V, W, Y, and Z—get out of the car, one clown at a time. The order in which the clowns get out of the car is consistent with the following conditions:
V gets out at some time before both Y and Q.
Q gets out at some time after Z.
T gets out at some time before V but at some time after R.
S gets out at some time after V.
R gets out at some time before W.

Which one of the following could be the order, from first to last, in which the clowns get out of the car?

And that's just medium and not considered hard. I need to even look up how to work through these problems.

yo soy el mejor 04-11-2023 08:05 PM

oh, i got it right!

If Z is the seventh clown to get out of the car, then which one of the following could be true?

Got this wrong ;_;

yo soy el mejor 04-12-2023 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4621469)

don't u and ur partner build chicken coops and dig with shovels? what's the joke about having people do things for you?

btw, that's a privilege if you get to do it for your own pleasure

MyOneAndOnly 04-12-2023 12:57 PM

yes, we dig with shovels and grow our own food. Cause we are privileged to own shovels and not use our hands.

MyOneAndOnly 04-12-2023 01:00 PM

My Vietnamese immigrant queer girlfriend who almost died escaping communism on a tiny boat is a great example of someone bathed in privilege so that makes a lot of sense.

ovary 04-14-2023 11:06 AM

don't bother. there is no way you can match yo soy's big retard energy

ovary 04-14-2023 11:08 AM

my therapist ghosted me. stood me up at our latest appointment and haven't heard from her since

ovary 04-14-2023 11:10 AM

been seeing her for five years. she must really hate me

yo soy el mejor 04-14-2023 12:40 PM

;_;

yo soy el mejor 04-14-2023 12:43 PM

but forreal though, being able to own land and grow food on your land (including having the time necessary) is a privilege these days. funny how that happened.

ovary 04-14-2023 03:14 PM

go anywhere in the rural america and you'll find plenty of poor people growing their own food on their own land. not to mention the literally billions of poor people subsistence farming worldwide.

Elijah Moon 04-14-2023 03:56 PM

Are you still doing your tap classes, yo soy?