Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   can you cook? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=164916)

The exploding boy 05-16-2014 02:38 AM

what does it say about me that i would eat most of what is on thisiswhyyourefat. Well, or would anyway when i was still eating meat a few months back. Most of the stuff with meat looks in fact like the kind of stuff i might break veg for.

noyen 05-16-2014 02:40 AM

hungry as fuck RN too

The exploding boy 05-16-2014 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4061201)
I think it's popular because it's a very tasty meat in the sense that the musky animal taste:delicious fatty & protein-y taste ratio is ideally balanced for the human palate.

Like, goat tastes like goats...sheep tastes like sheep...but beef and chicken are both very mild tasting. So they're very popular with children, and Americans.

Lamb is/was actually my favorite meat. We often had it at home when i was growing up. A lamb roast is better than any other type of roast. Thing is after i moved out i probably only ever had it once every like...3 or 4 years. I went to an afghan resturant a few years ago that made amazing lamb roast with fried spinachs. One of the best thing i've eaten at any restaurant.

vixnix 05-16-2014 02:58 AM

I actually prefer mutton! I like it a bit stronger tasting, with more fat through it. But sheep meat is my favourite, of the land animals.

If I had to pick one animal though it would probably be fish. No surprises there.

Lucky Day Spa 05-16-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4060874)
It isn't good for them or us, to mistreat them or not take their life with some sense of regret and gratitude.

eh, this is nonsense

eating meat is not necessary for your survival. if you have regret, stop doing it

gratitude for something taken without being given isn't gratitude

etc.

Lucky Day Spa 05-16-2014 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4061014)
what if like, man, this vegetarian/vegan moment is evolution at work man like man what if man we are evolving by making this "choice" and this choice will help us survive when that antarctic shelf melts man

what if it's like quantum consciousness and shit

Lucky Day Spa 05-16-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sppunk (Post 4061039)
I knew that'd set you off. :) There's an In-and-Out now? Most overrated burger I've probably ever had was from one of those.

yeah, this

i watched the big lebowski so many times i was certain those were going to be good burgers walter but they were just okay

best burgers i had in the US were at super duper on market street in san francisco and some gastropub in orange

Lucky Day Spa 05-16-2014 06:43 AM

super duper was actually exactly like i was expecting in-n-out to be

Order 66 05-16-2014 07:02 AM

i actually haven't started cooking since recently. i'm almost down 20 pounds from 6 months ago... amazing how much your health improves once you stop eating out all the time

vixnix 05-16-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa (Post 4061213)

eating meat is not necessary for your survival. if you have regret, stop doing it

etc.

Sort of half formed ideas here.

pavementtune 05-16-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Order 66 (Post 4061220)
i actually haven't started cooking since recently. i'm almost down 20 pounds from 6 months ago... amazing how much your health improves once you stop eating out all the time

Where/what did you eat out before? I should try that, I want to put on weight, but I'm losing weight when I can't cook myself.

Lucky Day Spa 05-16-2014 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4061222)
Sort of half formed ideas here.

that's just another way of saying "i don't agree"

at least i gave you some reasons

vixnix 05-16-2014 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa (Post 4061213)
eh, this is nonsense

etc.

what is your concept of survival? does it ******* some kind of gradation like I will be in better condition in 20 years if I eat a bit of meat every few days than if I don't...that kind of thing? Or just...if I don't eat meat, I won't die in the next few days.

if you have regret, stop doing it = non sequitur

gratitude for something taken without being given isn't gratitude - why not?

there you go

Cool As Ice Cream 05-16-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4061238)
gratitude for something taken without being given isn't gratitude - why not?

thank you for this thing i took from you without your consent!

Cool As Ice Cream 05-16-2014 08:16 AM

hey, you have this thing and i will take it from you, even though you don't want me to, but don't worry, i'll show regret and gratitude! THANKS, DEAD ANIMAL! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THING YOU HAD NO SAY IN! it's in the bible!

vixnix 05-16-2014 08:21 AM

I just googled for advice on explaining transitive vs intransitive verbs because it has been a while since I've thought about it, and what do you know, the concept I was looking to explain already has a name: intransitive gratitude

It's like how people feel grateful for Billy Corgan's music even though he didn't give it to them specifically.

I feel grateful that I can be nourished by the flesh of a dead animal. And I feel regret that it had to die for me to receive that specific type of nourishment.

vixnix 05-16-2014 08:26 AM

I suppose it could just be sadness and shame that i mask with other emotions that I find more palatable/digestible. It's hard to tell with these sorts of things and you know partly because it doesn't matter, I'm still going to eat meat, so....

Cool As Ice Cream 05-16-2014 08:31 AM

like i said, it's in the bible, siad corgan.

vixnix 05-16-2014 08:34 AM

amen to that, brother ice cream!

Cool As Ice Cream 05-16-2014 08:42 AM

DORK SIDED!!!1 IN THE NAME OF JESUS I PRAY GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE

yo soy el mejor 05-16-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4061224)
Where/what did you eat out before? I should try that, I want to put on weight, but I'm losing weight when I can't cook myself.

i want to, too, but i'm afraid fast food would just make me body flabby and give me a large muffin top and more cellulite. mmm popeyes.

have you considered weight lifting and protein shakes? or just protein shakes after a walk or some junk?

i frequent a body-building website and they have so many options and i've read lots of reviews but i just can't pull the trigger on anything. but i want some sooo bad!

yo soy el mejor 05-16-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4061068)
i know a dude from bastrop that calls bastrop and i give him cred for being local

my aunt lives in bastrop. i once fell of my bike going down a hill there and i ate oysters downtown.

maybe that dude is my cousin or some shit.

Order 66 05-16-2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4061224)

i think the main thing contributing to my weight gain was pho. they opened a noodle house across from work so i got in the habit of going there for lunch almost everyday

and i'd eat chinese takeout at least once a week

then my doctor was like "yeah... you need to cut this shit out" not only was i getting fat but my cholesteral/blood pressure was getting up there

pavementtune 05-16-2014 09:07 AM

Cool As Ice Cream 05-16-2014 09:17 AM

you should drink more alcohol. no downsides. win-win.

vixnix 05-16-2014 09:29 AM

what about bruschetta or fettunta, with butter and cheese and roasted tomatoes and basil. or nuts? Just eat peanut butter out of the jar, spread on apples and bananas. that seems to work for me. or pesto. so many delicious fattening ideas.

Cool As Ice Cream 05-16-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4061257)
You don't get fat from whiskey, vodka, rum. Beer would work

what if you add a mixer?
and yes, beer definitely works.

pavementtune 05-16-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4061259)
what if you add a mixer?
and yes, beer definitely works.

Now that sounds like an idea. But what can you mix in rum and vodka that gets you fat? (And isn't plain sugar.)

vixnix 05-16-2014 09:44 AM

Asian places should be good - or are you vegetarian?

vixnix 05-16-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4061261)
Now that sounds like an idea. But what can you mix in rum and vodka that gets you fat? (And isn't plain sugar.)

bloody maries are pretty good...