Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Apparently Kill Hannah has heard some of the new album (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=127645)

The New 10-07-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatvegetable

That's what the fuck.

Right on!

Anvil Hands 10-07-2006 04:03 PM

well then why not show off one of your nicely completed tracks to make KIll Hannah Feel like shit ?

I'm just bitching because the decriptions given in the interview are totally useless.

Effloresce 10-07-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by czr
probably more music theory applied in terms of machina's level of sophisication in arrangments etc

Oh, right.

Well that's not bad news.

Machina "intelligence" (how pretentious) combined with an updated MCIS-like production would be nice. I was not fond of Machina's extremely loud drowned out kind of feel. They should've made it sound like the Machina live show or some of their Machina b-sides. That would have been ace.

Esty 10-07-2006 07:45 PM

Well, this albums gonna suck.

Wes 10-07-2006 07:55 PM

song2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qbqcxq

Izzle 10-07-2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes

wut

Effloresce 10-07-2006 09:06 PM

That's not SP. Jimmy plays better than that. As does Billy.

Nice jam though. By... whoever this is.

jonnyjj740 10-07-2006 09:24 PM

Effloresce is your sn from Oceansize? if so...gooood band

Effloresce 10-08-2006 12:34 AM

Yep. :)

I can't believe Effloresce didn't take off... it's such a great great album :(

firewoman 10-08-2006 03:13 PM

Thanks for sharing! Kinda made me assume that the pumpkins are still less two members. Still just Billy and Jimmy.

wHATcOLOR 10-08-2006 04:18 PM

oh firewoman!! i've been thinking of you!! :o

firewoman 10-08-2006 06:31 PM

cool! :2thumbsup Whats up :smoke:

wHATcOLOR 10-08-2006 08:57 PM

oh, you know... this and that. how about yourself

Quiet CD 10-09-2006 01:54 AM

billy to kh: "hey i want you guys to say the new album has the intelligence of machina with the accessibility of mellon collie"

kh to mag: "it has the intelligence of machina with the accessibility of mellon collie"

ChoobieWoobie 10-09-2006 11:49 AM

song 2 is kinda like what xyu used to sound like in it's early form.

brendo_91 10-09-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruiser
do you think the liner notes will still say "The Smashing Pumpkins are Billy Corgan, James Iha, D'arcy and Jimmy Chamberlin" or whatever?

I record all the guitars for my band, the singer does all my backing vocals on the recordings etc.

Convenience, mostly.

Does this make me any less of a backing vocalist, or our rhythm guitarist any less of a guitarist?

wHATcOLOR 10-09-2006 12:33 PM

the intelligence of machina:

blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears

everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are

radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio

heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine

keep it coming bill, i can't wait!

wHATcOLOR 10-09-2006 12:37 PM

also, aren't those guys in kill hannah in their thirties by now? cool makeup and arm socks!!

wHATcOLOR 10-09-2006 12:39 PM

wikipedia excerpt:

Current Members
Mat Devine (April 16, 1974 - ), vocals, guitar
Jonathan Radtke (September 17, 1982 - ), guitar
Dan Wiese (February 12, 1976 - ) guitar
Greg Corner (June 20, 1974 - ) bass

way to go guys!!!

wHATcOLOR 10-09-2006 12:42 PM

wikipedia excerpt:

Current Members
Mat Devine (April 16, 1974 - ), vocals, guitar
Jonathan Radtke (September 17, 1982 - ), guitar
Dan Wiese (February 12, 1976 - ) guitar
Greg Corner (June 20, 1974 - ) bass

way to go guys!!!

wHATcOLOR 10-09-2006 12:49 PM

sorry... looks like the server was trying to incorporate the intelligence of machine with that double post..

RopeyLopey 10-09-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR
sorry... looks like the server was trying to incorporate the intelligence of machine with that double post..

no no, the server went over to Siamese your contribution - you know multi-layer guitars and such

wHATcOLOR 10-09-2006 01:34 PM

blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks

Karl Connor 10-09-2006 05:11 PM

i used to wear arm socks

what a difference four years can make

wHATcOLOR 10-09-2006 05:15 PM

*puts randall sandell on ignore list*

RopeyLopey 10-09-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall Sandell
i used to wear arm socks

what a difference four years can make

I remember the day I walked into the school in a skirt - just because Billy did so one week earlier in that VMA Tonight, Tonight performance.
Those were the days.

Gollum 10-10-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendo_91
I record all the guitars for my band, the singer does all my backing vocals on the recordings etc.

Convenience, mostly.

Does this make me any less of a backing vocalist, or our rhythm guitarist any less of a guitarist?

Yes.

mccririck 10-10-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR
the intelligence of machina:

blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears

everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are

radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio

heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine

keep it coming bill, i can't wait!

Yep, when you put it like that it's hard to argue. :erm:

davin 10-11-2006 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommy
Sorry ... i pressed enter by accident...

Very few bands from Chicago have made it to "Pink Floyd status," but Kill Hannah call themselves friends with that city’s number one music son who has achieved that: Smashing Pumpkins’ lead singer Billy Corgan.

"We just had dinner with him in L.A. four days ago," Mat tells me. Before the show, Hannah sound master Ben told me that Hannah had heard some new tracks from the reunited Pumpkins and so I decide to plumb for details.

"We heard two tracks with no vocals. Just one guitar and drums," he describes to me. "I’d say just the very floor plan of two songs and they both sound pretty epic. The two songs could be… I’d say they probably have the intelligence of the [Machina - the Machines of God] record but the accessibility of [Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness]. So I think it’s going to be just what a fan would want."

http://www.popsyndicate.com/index.ph...f_kill_hannah/

:cheers: :rockon: