Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Last SP/Zwan/BC song that made u FEEL something (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=189344)

run2pee 12-09-2022 02:29 AM

Last SP/Zwan/BC song that made u FEEL something

For me it was Birch Grove, about the lil seedlins:

As my seedlings grow, and grow
Towards someone, towards someone else
The birch grove stands for us

Damn. This hit me in the father parts of me

ilikeplanets 12-09-2022 02:47 AM

Like, feel it so hard I'm in outer space? Machina tracks, specifically I Of The Mourning, SIYL, Wound, The Sacred and Profane

ilikeplanets 12-09-2022 02:48 AM

M2 had a few in that category too, I suppose. Real Love, Dross, Speed Kills (the good version), Saturnine (the good version)

Gooch 12-09-2022 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by run2pee (Post 4612317)

I apologize but I don’t get it. Can you go into detail and elaborate how this song lyric moves you and your interpretation of it?

Morlock 12-09-2022 03:35 AM

Ma Belle

Green Eyes 12-09-2022 04:00 AM

Meadow Goats

ilikeplanets 12-09-2022 04:07 AM

Wait, does it have to be a positive feeling? Because I have had plenty of disappointment, confusion, denial, and shock

houseofglass11 12-09-2022 04:23 AM

djzap 12-09-2022 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooch (Post 4612320)
I apologize but I don’t get it. Can you go into detail and elaborate how this song lyric moves you and your interpretation of it?

those lines seem to be to be about your child growing up and becoming less attached to you as their parent, and becoming more attached to other people in their lives like friends, partners, etc. and as the parent you must allow this

VoxUpDoc 12-09-2022 06:53 AM

Archer, then this.

This could've been an MCIS b-side. Has a Sufjan Stevens vibe, which is the direction Billy should've gone in post-ZG. Romulus or Casimir Pulaski Day or The Predatory Wasp. Those are songs which hit in the feels. But anyway, this is a late career highlight for BC:

Forgotten Child 12-09-2022 07:34 AM

Archer, Cotillions, Fragile The Spark, Neptulius, Violet Rays, Travels, Black Forest Black Hills

Baffler_Meal 12-09-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forgotten Child (Post 4612332)
Archer, Cotillions, Fragile The Spark, Neptulius, Violet Rays, Travels, Black Forest Black Hills

Fragile The Spark is probably the highlight for me. There are a few things on Cyr I really like, but Fragile gives me SP1 goosebumps.

enthusaroo 12-09-2022 09:25 AM

all the way back to Gossamer

NovaFritz 12-09-2022 10:30 AM

with sympathy

MyKeyZ 12-09-2022 10:34 AM

Hooray!

ButtHash 12-09-2022 11:05 AM

Probably “Save Your Tears”

In Billy Croak: “sw-ooon”

run2pee 12-09-2022 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooch (Post 4612320)

Hard to put into words. But if i had to try i would say the song hits me like a meditation on human growth and the resultant/inevitable separation of families. The fact that familial love is possibly the strongest force for our species, yet we must ultimately go away from each other, through age/death. And then all that’s left is trees

Joey Goldberg 12-09-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovaFritz (Post 4612337)
with sympathy

yeah this one was good

actually I put on both Chamberlin Complex albums the other day and was kind of (no pun intended) disarmed (alright maybe a little intended, hehe!) how beautiful almost all of it was. big daddy jim is so much more capable of writing moving music these days i wish he'd just do all of it and also get whoever produced that first 1 behind the boards 'cause god damn that thing sounds delicious

LaBelle 12-09-2022 11:51 AM

Lightning Strikes

Lots of people dislike it, idk why. I think it was a really cool song that still hits.

FollowAsILead 12-09-2022 12:14 PM

Avalanche

Gave me feels of Oldschool Pumpkins with Untitled energy.

Disco King 12-09-2022 12:20 PM

Uh, I like "Neverlost," but I don't know if that means it makes me "feel" something other than "this is a good song." It's not like "man, this is uplifting" or "damn, this is so depressing" or anything.

For the last one that hits in the feels… probably something from Machina? "Wound," "I of the Mourning," "Vanity," and "Dross" are all emotionally resonant in some way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg (Post 4612349)
actually I put on both Chamberlin Complex albums the other day

Haven't they got three albums?

run2pee 12-09-2022 12:31 PM

Yeah, guys, thanks DK, yeah this thread is not about which is the last SP song u liked. It’s when did u last feel a stirring in your breasts and/or other areas. Try to name that emotion in your post, thanks. Bonus if u can give it a color, smell, tactile sensation, etc.

Thanks everyone! And if u already posted and the entirety of your post was “uh, dunno, I Am One?” Feel free to please go ahead and you’re going to want to edit that and add some more flavor. Otherwise im going to ask the mods to delete this thread, because the way u all are just casually naming songs is making me FEEL something and that feeling is like

paranoid 12-09-2022 12:32 PM

of a broken heart is the last song that made me feel the intensity i'd get from hearing an SP song for the first time. Mary star did that too.

I'm really into good in goodbye and steps in time, but not on that same level.

FollowAsILead 12-09-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paranoid (Post 4612361)
of a broken heart is the last song that made me feel the intensity i'd get from hearing an SP song for the first time. Mary star did that too.

I'm really into good in goodbye and steps in time, but not on that same level.

I really like Steps in Time, and while it doesn't make me "feel" anything at the moment (except jazzed that it's a great song), I can see it imprinting the experiences I'm currently having and bringing a nostalgic feeling of the current times in the future.

run2pee 12-09-2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by run2pee (Post 4612360)
Yeah, guys, thanks DK, yeah this thread is not about which is the last SP song u liked. It’s when did u last feel a stirring in your breasts and/or other areas. Try to name that emotion in your post, thanks. Bonus if u can give it a color, smell, tactile sensation, etc.

Thanks everyone! And if u already posted and the entirety of your post was “uh, dunno, I Am One?” Feel free to please go ahead and you’re going to want to edit that and add some more flavor. Otherwise im going to ask the mods to delete this thread, because the way u all are just casually naming songs is making me FEEL something and that feeling is like

Quote:

Originally Posted by run2pee (Post 4612317)

Emotion: sentimental, tenderness/sadness/nostalgia
Color: sunset
Smell: birch
Tactile: baby blanket

Shadaloo 12-09-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4612327)

This

FollowAsILead 12-09-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

making me FEEL something and that feeling is like

You know I'm something of a Dafoe fan myself...

Joey Goldberg 12-09-2022 12:49 PM

Joey Goldberg 12-09-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4612359)
Haven't they got three albums?

Honor is technically an EP - but that one's great as well. & fuck it, let that be the guy who produces new SP stuff!

jk, it would still fucking suck

as long as "Daddy Dorgan" continues singing and just, i don't know, doing things like that

jesus christ

LaBelle 12-09-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Wow that's such a dad request when trying to get all the bored kids to participate. But fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Lightning Strikes, the guitar melody leading in to the "shadows give your light to me" bit really bring that magical pumpkins feel.
Then when the chorus hits with Nicole starting sentences and then Billy joining in with a complimentary melody that fits really well always makes me joyful.

Color: Red
Smell: Jasmine
Tactile sensation: like laying under a thin sheet on a very slightly chilly day.

Can I has my ice cream now?!?!