Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

mxzombie 09-30-2022 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4603599)
chocolate chip muffins (would get changed to C.C. Muffins, maybe).

we should name her pitbull since her tail is amputated :banging:

topleybird 09-30-2022 10:13 AM

I would go the Corgan song-naming route with that thought and take it one step further to "Mrs. Worldwide"

mxzombie 09-30-2022 11:47 AM

i'm listening

reprise85 09-30-2022 03:11 PM

clearly you need both cats

vixnix 09-30-2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4603528)
4 years ago I had Facial Feminization Surgery….

Gosh I remember that…

Glad you’ve come through this latest round ok…all the best for recovery…how soon will you return to work? Your job sounds so full on. You’d want to be 100% before going back, eh…

vixnix 09-30-2022 04:13 PM

I think this picture with the description about being capable but not able to open cans for food would sell me on this guy. He looks like he might make a good ratter, also

But I generally go for cats that have descriptions like “should not go to home with small children, enjoys playtime and is learning boundaries” because that is a cat that will contribute to the sort of ecosystem i am looking to support in my home, where vermin are incentivised to take up residence elsewhere

Unfortunately in New Zealand that usually also means reducing populations of docile native birds. Which is an unfortunate trade off. I can see this guy with a mouthful of feathers

slunken 09-30-2022 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4603870)

HE'S JUST A LITTLE BOY!!!

vixnix 09-30-2022 05:33 PM

He’s just an excitable boy!

ilikeplanets 09-30-2022 05:34 PM

I bought a new car!

ilikeplanets 09-30-2022 05:42 PM

Cherry on top is that the car salesman asked me out to lunch. I'll probably do it.

slunken 09-30-2022 10:22 PM

they always do that when it's in your best interest for sure

slunken 09-30-2022 10:24 PM

oops wrong post

ilikeplanets 09-30-2022 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 4603923)
they always do that when it's in your best interest for sure

A slashed sticker price on a popular car and a free lunch? Sounds good enough to me. I don't think he's entirely full of shit, but if I'm wrong I'm not mad about my new car.

yo soy el mejor 10-01-2022 10:59 AM

don't let someone make you feel foolish for accepting that date and the need to justify. getting asked out to lunch while the dude is on the clock is way better than meeting him at a bar or some junk.

go on, get that daddy!

slunken 10-01-2022 02:33 PM

if i'm ______phobic about one thing it's definitely sales people.

they GENERALLY have one goal and it's not to benefit me.

ilikeplanets 10-01-2022 02:58 PM

I'm not really phased since I'm not easily persuaded. But I 100% wanted that exact vehicle and knew what it was going to cost going in. There's a shortage of new cars and it's a terrible time to buy, but I couldn't wait. It was an expected price and he didn't have to pressure me. It was cute that he said he'd use his bonus (I was his last sale of the month needed to get said bonus) to take me out. It's worth one date, at least. If my oldest child ever stops being sick maybe I can actually go. Fucking school germs.

slunken 10-01-2022 03:18 PM

OH NO i'm glad you got a new car. I'm just making this about me.

slunken 10-01-2022 03:19 PM

i thought to myself "it's time to tell MY story"

slunken 10-01-2022 03:21 PM

what if he shows up looking like this?

ilikeplanets 10-01-2022 04:58 PM

Indignant, or a literal cat?

Squish Squash 10-01-2022 05:08 PM

Cats look indignant a lot of the time that's why they're so great.

slunken 10-01-2022 05:34 PM

i hate that little asshole - i bet he begs for treats from mommy

slunken 10-01-2022 05:36 PM

WHERE'S MY TREATS - HUH?

FROM MOMMY - HUH?

slunken 10-01-2022 05:38 PM

i am mister good boy

vixnix 10-01-2022 07:03 PM

The last time I got a cat I just turned up at the shelter and asked to see all the cats in person, and then dangled my hand in front of each one of them. The first one to take a swipe at it and cause me to bleed, I was like hello, please box up this cat, I will buy it now.

They actually called me a few days later saying “we’re just a bit concerned about your small 2 yo child because the cat may scratch him” and I was like “ lol only if he deserves it” and soon they both formed respectful boundaries with each other and most importantly I didn’t hear the cheeping of birds nesting in the ceiling or the scratching a rat under the floor of the kitchen. They were all long gone. Best cat I ever bought, very high quality cat.

vixnix 10-01-2022 07:08 PM

My brother bought these fancy looking cats from breeders that he couldn’t let outside because they were too stupid to cross roads, etc. I am not sure what the purpose of those cats was, if I’m being honest

ovary 10-01-2022 07:25 PM

just found a gigantic sprawling pile of shit hiding in the garage. fuckin litter box too good for that little asshole i guess.

vixnix 10-01-2022 08:31 PM

That is not a high quality cat. Can’t it just go outside? We always have litter trays while they settle in, for a couple of weeks, and then we just let them outside and never think about it again.

teh b0lly!!1 10-02-2022 03:51 AM

The rate of high quality cats has greatly declined over these past two years unfortunately speaking

vixnix 10-02-2022 05:04 AM

Microchip shortage and shipping delays affecting every high quality area of life

yo soy el mejor 10-02-2022 10:29 AM

my cats are cream of the crop, for sure. for sure.

ilikeplanets 10-02-2022 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4602768)
Hope you are both feeling better and the baby didn’t get it….

Thank you. So:

We're over that cold, but immediately after that big E comes home sick again, worse this time. She's still miserable with a fever, awful cough, vomiting, etc. And I have a sore throat now so I'm obviously doomed to catch this, too. Still masking up and quarantining her in the bedroom in a desperate attempt to spare little E.

A terrible situation that arose from this was that on the way to finalize paperwork for my new car, she vomited all over the car seat to the point it has to be thrown away. Then on the way back, she vomited all over the spare car seat in my parents' car, and it's equally not salvageable. And the baby's primary car seat, a hand me down from her sister, expires at the end of the month. So now I need to buy 3 car seats at once. At least she didn't throw up in the new car, but damn.

cork_soaker 10-02-2022 05:39 PM

cat chat

vixnix 10-02-2022 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4604087)
Thank you. So:

We're over that cold, but immediately after that big E comes home sick again, worse this time. She's still miserable with a fever, awful cough, vomiting, etc. And I have a sore throat now so I'm obviously doomed to catch this, too. Still masking up and quarantining her in the bedroom in a desperate attempt to spare little E.

A terrible situation that arose from this was that on the way to finalize paperwork for my new car, she vomited all over the car seat to the point it has to be thrown away. Then on the way back, she vomited all over the spare car seat in my parents' car, and it's equally not salvageable. And the baby's primary car seat, a hand me down from her sister, expires at the end of the month. So now I need to buy 3 car seats at once. At least she didn't throw up in the new car, but damn.

Oh eek. That’s awful, I’m sorry. I only had a few vomit car seat episodes but they were luckily salvageable

Though another time, I had to pay for an empty jumbo slurpee cup from a 7-11 and as we crawled down the freeway minutes later in a traffic jam, my kid repeatedly vomited into it and tipped it out the window. It was grim

ilikeplanets 10-02-2022 10:48 PM

Vomit is a special kind of hell. I'm not even that grossed out, but it destroys things.

ilikeplanets 10-02-2022 10:53 PM

My kid is unfortunately pretty prone to it, too. Once she threw up at a petting zoo because of how bad it stunk. Which, 3 years removed from the situation, is actually kind of hilarious. And now I have an excuse not to go to them anymore to try and pretend to want to touch goats.

run2pee 10-02-2022 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4604134)
Vomit is a special kind of hell. I'm not even that grossed out, but it destroys things.

One of my sons had severe reflux as a small boy

He barfed large meaty barfs onto his face and hair in his bed very often

There’s cleaning them off as they scream in horror. Then there’s stripping the bed as quickly as possible, to save the mattress if u can, sheets flapping as chunks fly into your own face/hair. Then remaking the bed, with towels under the sheets, depending how saturated the mattress is with stomach acid. And then there’s the laundry and you better do it quick before it crusts because then you’ll just have to get it wet again, releasing the special smell of vomit into your nose and mouth, as you scrub chunks off the bedclothes with a dull fork.

And it’s 4 AM, and u are so glad that u passed on your genetic material

Squish Squash 10-03-2022 12:05 AM

Tbh cats shouldn't go outside in general. Not only do they on average only live 1/3 as long if they aren't kept indoors, they are very bad for the ecosystems because they are not a natural part of them. Of course, if you take your cat outside with a kitty harness, it is ok.

Squish Squash 10-03-2022 12:06 AM

How did we move from cats to vomit

ilikeplanets 10-03-2022 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by run2pee (Post 4604139)
One of my sons had severe reflux as a small boy

He barfed large meaty barfs onto his face and hair in his bed very often

There’s cleaning them off as they scream in horror. Then there’s stripping the bed as quickly as possible, to save the mattress if u can, sheets flapping as chunks fly into your own face/hair. Then remaking the bed, with towels under the sheets, depending how saturated the mattress is with stomach acid. And then there’s the laundry and you better do it quick before it crusts because then you’ll just have to get it wet again, releasing the special smell of vomit into your nose and mouth, as you scrub chunks off the bedclothes with a dull fork.

And it’s 4 AM, and u are so glad that u passed on your genetic material

She also got the bed the day before the car seat incident. I always have a waterproof mattress cover under the fitted sheet, and it's saved the mattress many a time with no hassle. The linen is another story. And the poor, poor carpet.