Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

yo soy el mejor 05-02-2019 01:15 PM

tommy and i bought a couch in 2012 for $25. still got it. although we just covered it with a slipcover.

how tall are you, fg?

yo soy el mejor 05-02-2019 01:20 PM

guys, i'm really happy because on tuesday i got a job as a research assistant for a brand spanking new organization that is focusing on a two-generation approach to poverty alleviation (early childhood education combined with workforce dev., etc)

i applied via my school's job board and heard back two days later. we had what she called "a working meeting" (as opposed to an interview) and boom i had the job upon arriving. there isn't even a central office so i get to work remotely and when it's convenient - to an extent.

like, right now i just spent the last 4 hours working and now i get to go to the library and do homework until 5! i should probs just go to the library everyday and pretend it is my office. i'm pretty stinky right now and wearing an open robe, maroon shorts, a pink tank top, white socks, and blue slippers.

FlamingGlobes 05-02-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4507112)
tommy and i bought a couch in 2012 for $25. still got it. although we just covered it with a slipcover.

how tall are you, fg?

5"8'ish.

Why? Do you think I could use your slipcover as a snuggie?

FlamingGlobes 05-02-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4507113)
guys, i'm really happy because on tuesday i got a job as a research assistant for a brand spanking new organization that is focusing on a two-generation approach to poverty alleviation (early childhood education combined with workforce dev., etc)

i applied via my school's job board and heard back two days later. we had what she called "a working meeting" (as opposed to an interview) and boom i had the job upon arriving. there isn't even a central office so i get to work remotely and when it's convenient - to an extent.

like, right now i just spent the last 4 hours working and now i get to go to the library and do homework until 5! i should probs just go to the library everyday and pretend it is my office. i'm pretty stinky right now and wearing an open robe, maroon shorts, a pink tank top, white socks, and blue slippers.

That's great, but can we please not change the subject. We're supposed to be talking about my couch.

smashingjj 05-02-2019 06:43 PM

guys, took hasn't been online in like half a day

did he die?

reprise85 05-02-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4507113)

working at home is awesome. i have a w2 job from home and do some self employment (mostly crowdsourcing projects) stuff. i only work at the store 3x a week now, and i might go down to 2. you need some discipline but i make just as much at home as i would make on my feet all day talking to people, often more. today i made $85 in about 5 hours. last week i had a $200 day in maybe 6 hours. i do have to hustle up the work a little but it's not too bad. it took some time to set it up like this but now that it's set it's pretty damn smooth sailing. and most of the time i can watch netflix while i work.

i mean it's not the best paying shit ever of course, and i'll make more once i settle down and try again to get a job in my field, but i can pay my rent and live and i got completely off disability. good enough for me for now.

yo soy el mejor 05-03-2019 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes (Post 4507121)
5"8'ish.

Why? Do you think I could use your slipcover as a snuggie?

aw

no!

FlamingGlobes 05-03-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashingjj (Post 4507125)
guys, took hasn't been online in like half a day

did he die?

Only in our hearts.

FoolofaTook 05-03-2019 06:54 AM

D. 05-05-2019 05:27 PM

I have a question that I didn't want to make a new thread about: what is the website where you can put in a URL so that it doesn't give the website a page view count?

It's for websites you maybe want to read an article without giving them that sweet clickbait money. I thought it was something like donotclick or...?

redbreegull 05-05-2019 08:35 PM

this post is dedicated to fuzzyroes

I am currently watching some SJW types rip apart white appropriation of Cinco de Mayo on facebook. They are wondering, "why do Americans celebrate Cinco de Mayo when they don't even like South Americans?"

:rolleyes:

D. 05-05-2019 11:22 PM

I celebrated el quinto at traders village in west houston - insanely large outdoor mexican flea market

haven't been in a while but i love every minute we spend there

yo soy el mejor 05-06-2019 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. (Post 4507286)
I celebrated el quinto at traders village in west houston - insanely large outdoor mexican flea market

haven't been in a while but i love every minute we spend there

wow. i thought the only trader's village was in grand prairie.

i haven't been there in a hot minute. my dad used to drag me there all the time but the elote and turkey legs were worth it.

only place you could buy a dog, a kitchen sink, a gun, converse, and toiletries all under "one roof"

yo soy el mejor 05-06-2019 12:40 AM

omg these 2

yo soy el mejor 05-06-2019 12:55 AM

today was clean-up day at our garden club (that's the best way i can describe it) and the first day of the season for a lot of us. tommy and i planted our seedlings of green pepps, tomatoes, serrano, cayenne, and asparagus. and i went nuts pulling up weeds all over the place. i fucking love pulling weeds.

a bunch of us brought food. we took guava n chz pastries. there was also beens n rice, chips, guacamole, salsa, zucc bread, tortillas, wine, and margarita. the leader of the group asked me i celebrated cinco de mayo and said no. but i was less annoyed by her question since she wasn't white.

ilikeplanets 05-06-2019 01:11 AM

please pull the weeds all over my backyard then, i hate it. i love planting flowers, fruits, and veggies, and even mowing, but hate pulling the weeds. it's finally gardening weather up here!! i want to plant daffodils for my daughter, because she always points them out whenever we walk past them, so i guess she likes them. :)

D. 05-06-2019 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4507297)
wow. i thought the only trader's village was in grand prairie.

i haven't been there in a hot minute. my dad used to drag me there all the time but the elote and turkey legs were worth it.

only place you could buy a dog, a kitchen sink, a gun, converse, and toiletries all under "one roof"

I think they have one in most the maj Texas cities. And yes, the incredible diversity of goods is insane. There was also a live band who were right up my alley, esp since I've lately been getting into diff types of music out here - ranchera and nortena, along with some classic cumbia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4507298)
omg these 2

Lmao we passed by some kids tossing those at people's feet, including us, as they walk by.

vixnix 05-06-2019 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4507302)
please pull the weeds all over my backyard then, i hate it. i love planting flowers, fruits, and veggies, and even mowing, but hate pulling the weeds. it's finally gardening weather up here!! i want to plant daffodils for my daughter, because she always points them out whenever we walk past them, so i guess she likes them. :)

yeah I am with you on this, it's like ironing, no matter how much time you spend on it, a perfect job can't be done, you know you're leaving bits of roots and seeds in the ground and they'll just come back, it's so frustrating.

I actually hate all aspects of gardening but I did it like you, for my kids. But sadly I wasn't very successful. good luck with your daffodils.

Cool As Ice Cream 05-06-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4507300)
but i was less annoyed by her question since she wasn't white.

PHEW

ilikeplanets 05-06-2019 10:38 AM

Thank you Em. The backyard I have now is huge compared to anywhere else I've ever lived, so I'm excited to fill it up. If only I could learn not to literally pick up the child and run whenever I see or hear a bee/wasp. Lol.

ovary 05-06-2019 11:17 AM

weeding is way better ON WEED

FoolofaTook 05-06-2019 02:02 PM

These guys are all over Orlando. Always elicit a chuckle.

vixnix 05-06-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4507331)
Thank you Em. The backyard I have now is huge compared to anywhere else I've ever lived, so I'm excited to fill it up. If only I could learn not to literally pick up the child and run whenever I see or hear a bee/wasp. Lol.

Hehe...when my kids were that age I was like that too, but we were in Australia so I was more on the lookout for mosquitos/spiders/leeches lol

ilikeplanets 05-06-2019 03:48 PM

I've been fortunate enough to never have to give leeches a thought. I don't think I could tolerate their presence well. Creepy crawly things really get to me, especially the types that bite or sting.

Rolling Green is pretty good, but the Loaded Bowl at Hardees is better. "I want a loaded bowl...." yeah, me too, guy.

FoolofaTook 05-06-2019 04:02 PM

L O L

reprise85 05-06-2019 04:55 PM

i bought my mom a smart phone on the down low. going to be delivered tomorrow. her current phone was shitty when she got it 4 years ago. i got her a nokia 3, not very expensive but will be great compared to what she has

shannon 05-06-2019 05:06 PM

that was nice

cork_soaker 05-06-2019 05:25 PM

well, well, well

shannon 05-06-2019 05:35 PM

check this shit out! hiiiiiii :cool:

yo soy el mejor 05-06-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cork_soaker (Post 4507366)
well, well, well

deep subject