View Full Version : Bridge School Benefit 10.26.02

The Gaddrow
10-27-2002, 07:59 AM
Dayum.

Vanessa Carlton Was not nearly as bad as I expected. I thought she would be all poppy and happy, but her songs were a lot darker than I thought. Like poorly written Fiona Apple with half the pain. Not bad though.

Foo Fighters:
Everlong
Overdrive
Never Talking to You Again [Husker Du] (Dave solo)
Learn To Fly
Times Like These
Monkeywrench
Tired of You
My Hero

A GREAT fucking set. Tired of You is my favorite song off the new album, and it was wonderful. Everlong acoustic blows my mind every time I hear it. It's a shame they aren't playing tomorrow.

Tenacious D
Flash Gordon
>Wonderboy
Kielbasa
Tribute
Saxaboom
Pass The Torch

My first time seeing the D live, and they were great. Actually funnier than I expected, though they did turn down the raunchyness.

LeAnn Rimes was god awful horrible. I waited until her second song before heading towards the Gordon Biersch booth for a beer and a brat. It was painful hearing her even from that far away.

Thom Yorke:
Everything In It's Right Place
I Might Be Wrong
Sail to the Moon*
Like Spinning Plates
There There*
Pyramid Song
Lucky
After the Goldrush [Neil Young]

GOD DAMN. Like Spinning Plates and Lucky. I know it's not that big of a deal, as they have been playing them and it's nothing rare, but they are two of my absolute favorite Radiohead songs. This was the first time I have heard any of the new stuff, and I assume these are the correct titles from googling some of the lyrics I could remember. There There is sooooo good.

I wrote down some of Ryan Adams lyrics, as I wasn't familiar with any of his stuff, but I was surprised, as he was pretty good. He did play When The Stars Go Blue which was good. If anyone really wants, I will google lyrics and post a setlist, but I imagine someone else will somewhere by the time I get back tomorrow.

Jack Johnson blew my ass. Boring as all hell. He played Rodeo Clowns which apparently he wrote for G-Love and Special Sauce. I still love that song. The conga drums were nice, but otherwise, I should have spent this time in line for beer or something.

I was in line for chai during most of James Taylors set. He's not bad I guess, just not my thing. At the end of his set, he invited Neil Young out and they did Heart Of Gold together.

Neil Young's set was great. I'm not real familiar with his work, but I like what I do know. At the end of his set, he invited his "friends" onstage to do a song which I didn't know, but others obviously did. Thom sang back up, but was only audible during a couple verses.

It's a shame I had an extra ticket in my back pocket the entire time. :unhappy:

The Gaddrow
10-27-2002, 08:02 AM
Oh yeah, I saw MrCupp too.

sawdust restaurants
10-27-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by The Gaddrow
Oh yeah, I saw MrCupp too.

How was their set?

fallontears
10-27-2002, 05:41 PM
Ryan Adams setlist:

Oh My Sweet Carolina Next
To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High)
SYLVIA PLATH
Tomorrow
Dear Chicago
The Rescue Blues
When The Stars Go Blue
Lovesick Blues

Sounds like a good one. I wish I could see him live.:(

Homerpalooza
10-28-2002, 04:09 AM
Good show overall, though there were some huge weak spots. I agree Jack Johnson was boring, don't see the appeal there. And as was stated earlier, Leann Rimes brought the whole show down a level. Fucking terrible. And she constantly promoted her new album, during a fucking benefit concert. What the hell?

I went to see Thom Yorke play mainly, and was not disappointed, though I wish he played a bit longer. Like Spinning Plates was amazing, so different from the studio cut.

As a side note, it was cool being at the show during Game 6 of the World Series. There were Giants fans sitting all around me with small radios trying to catch the score in between songs. And when the Giants scored, you'd hear cheers from small sections of the lawn, basically from out of nowhere. Pretty funny.

The Gaddrow
10-28-2002, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower
I heard he covered After the Goldrush. Yeah, I can't believe I forgot that. He also was playing on Neil Young's Piano. The same piano which Neil wrote that song and album on. (according to Jeff;) )