View Full Version : Audioslave forced to pay "Bad Band Name" tax

Mason R Butler
10-24-2002, 01:27 AM
Audioslave (featuring Cornell and the remaining members of RATM) ended up paying an unsigned Liverpool band $30,000 US for the rights to share the name. This suggests to me that the Liverpudlians actually wanted to keep the name. I guess both sides of this story are idiots, but only one probably sounds like bad AC/DC.

SmashingZeppelins
10-24-2002, 09:01 AM
I thought they were going by 'Citizen' originally. That would have been much better IMO.

Maybe they should be called 'Rage Against Any Chance That We'll Be Better Than Soundgarden or RATM'.

Jesse Miller
10-24-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by SmashingZeppelins
Maybe they should be called 'Rage Against Any Chance That We'll Be Better Than Soundgarden or RATM'.

Nidhogg
10-24-2002, 04:38 PM
I thought they were going by 'Citizen' originally. That would have been much better IMO.

Squashing Pineapples
10-24-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Nidhogg

weren't you leaving or you just got bored of the SURVIVOR thing ?

Liquid-J
10-24-2002, 08:19 PM

wasnt it Civillian?

The Gaddrow
10-24-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J
wasnt it Civillian? Yeah. Which is much better than "Citizen" and much, much better than "Audioslave."

Cactuar
10-25-2002, 12:22 AM
You mean there's <i>good</i> AC/DC?

Travis Meekz
10-25-2002, 12:31 AM
AC/DC? no way

I do think this is more like soundgarden, but a bad example of soundgarden. It's alright. Kind of feels like it didn't take long to make this cd. Soundgarden, reunite you fucks, you were putting your best music out in the later years.

Mason R Butler
10-25-2002, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Travis Meeks
AC/DC? no way

I do think this is more like soundgarden, but a bad example of soundgarden. It's alright. Kind of feels like it didn't take long to make this cd. Soundgarden, reunite you fucks, you were putting your best music out in the later years.
Nope, just saw the Cochise video. It's AC/DC.

Deege
10-25-2002, 02:46 PM
The song is not blues based. EVERY ac/dc song is blues based.