View Full Version : What should I fall asleep to tonight?

Eulogy
09-27-2002, 11:35 PM
I'm bored.

Anyway, you have a pretty limited (and shitty) selection.

Pick anything by Pumpkins, Tool, Garbage, Hole, NIN, APC, PJ, Radiohead, Weezer, Fiona Apple, Remy Zero, Abandoned Pools...or Downward is Heavenward, The Arguement, White Pony, or White Blood Cells.

Eulogy
09-27-2002, 11:40 PM
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, EVERYONE!!

Johnny Zoloft
09-27-2002, 11:42 PM
try something really really loud.

Eulogy
09-27-2002, 11:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Johnny Zoloft:
try something really really loud. </font>

...like???

tear stained glass
09-27-2002, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't go to sleep if my selection was that bad.

Eulogy
09-27-2002, 11:44 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by tear stained glass:
I wouldn't go to sleep if my selection was that bad.</font>

Hey now...there's about 6 quality albums in that list.

Johnny Zoloft
09-27-2002, 11:45 PM
loud like obnoxious.

Eulogy
09-27-2002, 11:49 PM
loud like obnoxious. </font>

A specific example would be nice.

Johnny Zoloft
09-27-2002, 11:52 PM
obnoxious like Drowning Pool.
or System of a Down.

Eulogy
09-27-2002, 11:53 PM
obnoxious like Drowning Pool.
</font>

Whoa

My taste isn't that bad.

MstrGhost
09-27-2002, 11:55 PM
stick with apc. As a tool fan, i can say apc really makes me sleep (except for magdalena http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif)

------------------
Love Is Suicide (http://www.mstrghost.cjb.net)

rkjr
09-27-2002, 11:59 PM
The only time I actually tried falling asleep to music was when I tried listening to MBV's Loveless. Much better idea on paper than in real life. At least for me.

I've never fallen asleep to an album before, with the exception of Beck's Sea Change when I got it Tuesday, at like 6:00pm during Sunday Sun. That was interesting. I was a bit tired, but it apparently seems to be a nice aid in sleep.

Oh. With you, I wouldn't choose any of those. Fiona seems like the only one possible for me without pills of some sort. I don't know, whatever spanks your monkey.

Eulogy
09-28-2002, 12:01 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by rkjr:
The only time I actually tried falling asleep to music was when I tried listening to MBV's Loveless. Much better idea on paper than in real life. At least for me.

I've never fallen asleep to an album before, with the exception of Beck's Sea Change when I got it Tuesday, at like 6:00pm during Sunday Sun. That was interesting. I was a bit tired, but it apparently seems to be a nice aid in sleep.

Oh. With you, I wouldn't choose any of those. Fiona seems like the only one possible for me without pills of some sort. I don't know, whatever spanks your monkey.</font>

I can fall asleep to anything that I don't hate...I'll fall asleep in pretty much the same amount of time no matter what I listen to. And I fall asleep listening to music pretty much every night.

The Gaddrow
09-28-2002, 01:51 AM
I love falling to sleep to Tidal. Possibly my favorite "sleep" album.

Others are Pearl Jam -Ten, Mogwai -EP+2, Air -Moon Safari, Aphex Twin -Selected Ambient Works II, The Empire Strikes Back -Soundtrack, Unbreakable -Official Film Score.

Since you don't seem to have any of those, I would reccomend Fiona. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

But you are probably asleep anyhow, so consider this an fyi post.

Or something.

------------------
It's these moments of clarity that cripple me most. <font color=black><font size=1>

[This message has been edited by The Gaddrow (edited 09-28-2002).]

Squashing Pineapples
09-28-2002, 02:11 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Gaddrow:
Air -Moon Safari</font>