View Full Version : new Two Gallants song - album in february

wHATcOLOR
11-22-2014, 09:50 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fViJR244URg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

they've been playing this song for a little while now at shows

sounds pretty good to me

album's out feb 3rd, here are some tour date:

Feb 05 | Oakland, CA | Leo’s
Feb 06 | San Francisco, CA | The Chapel
Feb 07 | San Francisco, CA | Great American Music Hall
Feb 13 | New York, NY | Mercury Lounge
Feb 14 | Brooklyn, NY | Rough Trade
Feb 19 | Dublin, Ireland | Workman’s Club
Feb 20 | Manchester, UK | Gorilla
Feb 21 | Glasgow, UK | Stereo
Feb 23 | Leeds, UK | Brudenell Social Club
Feb 24 | Bristol, UK | Thekla
Feb 25 | London, UK | Islington Assembly Hall
Feb 27 | Köln, Germany | Stollwerck
Feb 28 | Schorndorf, Germany | Club Manufaktur
Mar 01 | Frankfurt, Germany | Zoom
Mar 02 | Brussels, Belgium | Botanique – Orangerie
Mar 03 | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Paradiso Noord
Mar 05 | Paris, France | La Maroquinerie
Mar 06 | Lausanne, Switzerland | Les Docks
Mar 07 | Zurich, Switzerland | Rote Fabrik (Clubraum)
Mar 08 | Munich, Germany | Theaterfabrik
Mar 09 | Vienna, Austria | WUK
Mar 11 | Berlin, Germany | SO36
Mar 12 | Hamburg, Germany | Uebel & Gefährlich
Mar 13 | Copenhagen, Denmark | Pumpehuset

wHATcOLOR
12-05-2014, 03:16 AM
dogfighter28 in the house!

shannon
12-05-2014, 07:52 AM
good news, good news

houseofglass11
12-05-2014, 03:03 PM
My friend was at that gig in Houston where the aggro cop beat them up

wHATcOLOR
01-27-2015, 02:59 PM
album is streaming here: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/arts/music/pressplay.html?_r=2&

Dogfighter28
01-27-2015, 03:24 PM
How is it?

wHATcOLOR
02-01-2015, 06:13 PM
How is it?

i like it

i like the last song the most, really great - 'there's so much i don't know'. best one on the album by far. a strong way to vocalize a lot of the sentiment people in san francisco who've lived here a long time feel toward the things happening in the city in the last ~10 years when people move here in droves, work for tech companies, get rich, and transform the city in ways that those who've been here forever do not like. driving up rents, building high-rises, crowding out old / weird things, making it a place people who've been here a long time can't afford anymore. i read recently adam moved to oakland. [to be clear- san francisco has always been a place that's changing throughout its history, including the gold rush and all the things that've come since. so its not like the version of san francisco that was here 20 years ago is by any means the definitive version, but i do not in any way blame him for feeling this way about tech douchers, and it's a little tough for me because i'm a huge fan of the band but i'm one of the guys that moved here to work for a tech company and likes some of the places that he probably hates]

the first song 'we are undone' is one they've played live a ton, but if i were hearing it for the first time i'd be really into it; the guitar is pretty dope

some of the more harder edge guitar stuff, of which they did even more on the previous album, isn't really to my liking.

but a song like 'my man go' sounds great. 'invitation to the funeral' is pretty good too.

overall it's mixed, but when they're good i really like 'em so im pleased enough.

looking forward to see them live next week.

curious to hear what you think if you listen to it

bignothing
02-04-2015, 09:41 PM
I only listened once, but am pretty meh about it. I'll try again later. Still gonna go see them when they play here, but this sound is nothing like my favorite songs by them... Not really a surprise, but I was hopeful.