View Full Version : Mexican food is all the same thing

Elphenor
06-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Just folded a different way...

noyen
06-19-2014, 05:45 PM
someone ban this propaganda bot. did you hear Sinbad tell that joke or something? HE IS DEAD.

Elphenor
06-19-2014, 05:46 PM
No but Im sure Im not the first to notice

WHATS YOUR PROBLEM BRO

noyen
06-19-2014, 05:47 PM
taco bell isn't Mexican food.

noyen
06-19-2014, 05:48 PM
when you get to mexico and "notice some things" get back to us.

Elphenor
06-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Well maybe I should have said "Americanized Mexican food"
Honestly I wasn't being that serious.

Elphenor
06-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Ive been to Mexico though to get drunk and stuff

noyen
06-19-2014, 05:52 PM
cool story. like I just noticed that all food is basically the same thing but like different.

darby
06-19-2014, 05:53 PM
please stop talking

noyen
06-19-2014, 05:54 PM
I just realized all music is the same. its like the same notes but like moved around different places. it's like I already used that note last year bro. I invented that chord. people keep stealing my shit.

noyen
06-19-2014, 05:58 PM
sex is sooooo boring. all the same thing except like different holes and positions.

darby
06-19-2014, 06:00 PM
books are the same. it's just letters of the alphabet arranged differently

Elphenor
06-19-2014, 06:03 PM
It's like this board is 90% joke threads but everyone gets all serious out of nowhere

noyen
06-19-2014, 06:04 PM
I know its a total ripoff basically buying the dictionary over and over again.

noyen
06-19-2014, 06:04 PM
It's like this board is 90% joke threads but everyone gets all serious out of nowhere

your Sinbad jokes aren't funny.

Elphenor
06-19-2014, 06:05 PM
WHO ARE YOU

MyOneAndOnly
06-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Taco bell is too good for you fucktards

mxzombie
06-19-2014, 07:29 PM
how can you even begin to think that. especially in san diego.

Trotskilicious
06-19-2014, 07:59 PM
because he's a completely ignorant tool

i think maybe he watches top gear or something

redbreegull
06-19-2014, 09:25 PM
i think maybe he watches top gear or something

I lolled

juliana
06-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Mexican food is awesome but we hardly have any good mexican food here. :(

I have heard the same thing said about italian food, it is all the same "just pasta and sauce" I was like WTF???

fuzzyroes
06-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Taco bell is too good for you fucktards

Taco Bells the bomb man. No better place to hit up when you're shit faced

Elphenor
06-19-2014, 09:50 PM
What is Top Gear?

noyen
06-19-2014, 10:02 PM
really good heroin

The exploding boy
06-19-2014, 10:08 PM
What is Top Gear?

Its a uk show apparently defined as a "motoring entertainment show". I like the show personally regardless of what trots thinks, or used to like it anyway. It's basically about cars but the show is made in a way it'll interest even a layman (which I kinda am, I have an interest in cars but only aesthetically). Well, the first 7 or 8 seasons or the modern version of the show anyway. The last few ones suck because they gave up any pretense that all their shit wasn't all scripted.

Also, a racing game franchise from the SNES days nobody but me probably remembers.

But you know, google is your friend.

Trotskilicious
06-19-2014, 10:19 PM
mexican food creates lots of dishes from a short list of ingredients, but that's what makes it brilliant and cheap

The exploding boy
06-19-2014, 10:20 PM
Same thing with indian food.

The exploding boy
Incidentally both will give you diarrhea.

Trotskilicious
i don't get dire rear from the mexican food

The exploding boy
06-19-2014, 10:24 PM
that's probably because you have a lifelong habit of eating it (well id imagine anyway considering where you are). I guess to be fair I don't get it that bad either.

I used to be stupid and not like indian food because of an aversion for the taste of curry. I'm glad I got over it. though I still can't do very spicy very well. Like I'm the kind of pussy who thinks mild salsa (basically what no Mexican would call salsa) is just hot enough.

juliana
06-19-2014, 10:54 PM
indian food is very diverse and uses a wide variety of ingredients. Just because some restaurants serve the same thing doesn't mean that is all they got, same with mexican food. Also, a lot of dishes are regional and not many regions are represented. Even italian food is very diverse and very few dishes are the same around the country.

Maybe watch some anthony bourdain, if you don't have any authentic restos around.

Trotskilicious
06-19-2014, 10:55 PM
well you'd be right to assume that because 1) I live here 2) I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD IT IS MY BEST FRIEND

honestly i find lately all my rears are dire, and tbh it's because i'm eating fast food and hamburgers and shit. i eat nothing but salads and shit for lunch and decent dinners, treat myself to mexican now and agains, i shit these big hoss turdropes

Trotskilicious
06-19-2014, 10:57 PM
indian food is very diverse and uses a wide variety of ingredients. Just because some restaurants serve the same thing doesn't mean that is all they got, same with mexican food. Also, a lot of dishes are regional and not many regions are represented. Even italian food is very diverse and very few dishes are the same around the country.

Maybe watch some anthony bourdain, if you don't have any authentic restos around.

no shittttt woooooow teach us mooooooooooooooooooore

juliana
06-19-2014, 11:01 PM
I don't think some in the thread understand that all.
To read indian food is not diverse? Are you eating indian food in a foodcourt?

noyen
06-19-2014, 11:06 PM

FOOD is diverse. just like dick. and pussy. and shit. and stuff. and things.

noyen
06-19-2014, 11:07 PM
welcome to kindergarten everyone.

darby
06-19-2014, 11:08 PM
*sits on rainbow carpet*

juliana
06-19-2014, 11:12 PM
FOOD is diverse. just like dick. and pussy. and shit. and stuff. and things.

I probably should have wrote this instead.

Trotskilicious
06-19-2014, 11:16 PM
hey guys i'm trying to fold a tamale can you help me

Trotskilicious
06-19-2014, 11:16 PM
not sure what it's made of, enchiladas, i think.

noyen
06-19-2014, 11:27 PM
*sits on rainbow carpet*

now we're going to move along and teach everyone how to suck my.. i mean play the flute.

noyen
06-19-2014, 11:27 PM
not sure what it's made of, enchiladas, i think.

tang and italian sausage

noyen
06-19-2014, 11:28 PM
hey guys i'm trying to fold a tamale can you help me

hold on, let me get a burrito... wait... these look the same.

fuck this. who wants to go watch a donkey fuck a ginger?

Trotskilicious
06-19-2014, 11:35 PM
i'm so into joy division btw

noyen
06-19-2014, 11:37 PM
mainstream underground indie major stuff here... you know like daniel johnston and zamfir

yo soy el mejor
06-20-2014, 12:20 AM
is that the guy who did the curious george soundtrack?

darby
06-20-2014, 02:18 AM
yes

The exploding boy
06-20-2014, 02:37 AM

in indian restaurants. Run by Indians. It's not in india though, sorry..........

It's diverse and yet kinda all similar.

though I suppose truly you could say that of most countries cuisine.

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 02:53 AM
way to go you figured out culture

redbreegull
06-20-2014, 04:07 AM
I would kill ten men for some indian food right now

redbreegull
06-20-2014, 04:08 AM
seriously I would slaughter mad people for saag anything

mxzombie
06-20-2014, 06:58 AM
i had some excellent tamales yesterday. my neighbor gave them to me.

i think they were puerto rican style. just guessing here. made with white masa. in panama they are twice the size and wrapped in banana leaves instead of corn husks. yum

juliana
06-20-2014, 08:30 AM
way to go you figured out culture

^

Cool As Ice Cream
06-20-2014, 09:06 AM
in indian restaurants. Run by Indians. It's not in india though, sorry..........

It's diverse and yet kinda all similar.

maybe these indians in these indian restaurants all come from the same region?
or is there an americanised version of indian food (like they have "indian" in england)? maybe they've adjusted their cooking to what they believe the people are expecting.

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 09:11 AM
just like American Chinese food, there's an Americanized version of Indian food

both are mostly terrible

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 09:19 AM
i had some excellent tamales yesterday. my neighbor gave them to me.

i think they were puerto rican style. just guessing here. made with white masa. in panama they are twice the size and wrapped in banana leaves instead of corn husks. yum

they do that in yucatan and veracruz also afaik

juliana
06-20-2014, 09:38 AM
or is there an americanised version of indian food (like they have "indian" in england)? maybe they've adjusted their cooking to what they believe the people are expecting.

^

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 09:53 AM
remember everything re: exploded boi is FUCKING THE WORST OVERRATED SAD TIMES VERY DEPRESS MUCH SAD WOW ALL THE TIME WORST EVER IN HISTORY AND THIS IS DUMB AND YOU ARE DUMB AND I AM DUMB AND IT'S ALL DUMB

The exploding boy
06-20-2014, 10:58 AM
You're just jealous cause I'm threatening your status as most miserable on forum.

Seriously though if people imply that you can't have a true foreign cuisine experience unless you've been to whatever country, then yeah duh but that's not the judging standards I'm going by.

I mean yeah, perhaps most obvious example, china, at some point in time i had a Chinese roommate and also Chinese gf (well she was born here but not her parents). Obviously most of what they cooked looked nothing (or not much anyway) like what you'd' find in "Chinese" restaurants (partly because of americanization sure but also there's so many different regions in china, there's no way they all eat the same) but when one goes and rates "Chinese" cuisine, they're talking about the kind the can find in their own countries (though preferably at least in some Chinatown somewhere). Otherwise no one should be allowed to talk about any foreign cuisine unless they've been there but then that's just stupid.

juliana
06-20-2014, 11:05 AM
What are you talking about? We are talking about people JUDGING an entire cultures food based on taco bell and a few restos in their neighbourhood. That is fucking disrespectful.

The exploding boy
06-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Well feel free to judge my culture on poutine.

The exploding boy
06-20-2014, 11:34 AM
^ my cultures food I meant

What are you talking about? We are talking about people JUDGING an entire cultures food based on taco bell and a few restos in their neighbourhood. That is fucking disrespectful.

That's what I was talking about I'm pretty sure. There's like a dozen portuguese restaurants just around the corner , ive eaten to most of them (so thats "a few restos in the neighborhood"). When I rate Portuguese cuisine (meaning "judging an entire cultures food"), I rate it based on my experience of it in north America, in quebec, more specifically in montreal. If I say I love/hate portuguese cuisine (that would definitely be love), or even if I made a reducing statement like "it's kinda all chicken, sausage or fish right?" I am aware I might no know all of portuguese cusine, or maybe not REAL portuguese cuisine (though I'd doubt that considering most immigrants here I see are first generation), or that I've not experienced cuisine from all portuguese regions but so fucking what? I'm judging it on what I have experienced. I'm sorry I didn't go to Lisbon, Faro and Coimbra to appropriately rate portuguese cuisine from north to south of the country.

I was joking about the poutine but I see no problem with people reducing quebecois cuisine to statements like "you kinda put maple syrup in everything don't you?" Or "it's kinda all pork isn't it?" It's not entirely true, but it's not entirely false either. Like I'd like to see an indian try to defy the notion that "you kinda put curry in everything don't you?" They don't. But then again...they kinda do too. Or an Italian object to "you kinda have tomato sauce in everything right?"

juliana
06-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Tomato sauce is one is a southern italian thing. There are a lot of southern italians in north america.

redbreegull
06-20-2014, 12:41 PM

I believe most dishes served in Indian restaurants in the US were invented in England. However, I am a prodigious consumer of Indian food, and there is a lot of diversity between restaurants. Most Indian restaurants are based on north Indian cuisine, but other than a few staples like tikka masala it's not like chinese food where basically every joint has the same stuff.

also scotty is a fucking moron if he doesn't like both american chinese and indian food

redbreegull
06-20-2014, 12:45 PM
mexican food creates lots of dishes from a short list of ingredients, but that's what makes it brilliant and cheap

Same thing with indian food.

dude no it's not. I can let a lot of shit go but not the public disparaging of indian food. Have you actually ever been to an Indian restaurant? All the dishes have a hundred different spices in them

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 12:56 PM
also scotty is a fucking moron if he doesn't like both american chinese and indian food

forgive me for not enjoying Panda Express and fake indian food from shitty restaurants that all buy their sauces from Sysco.

Of course there are great chinese and indian restaurants out there but the majority of them in the USA are terrible. Like eating at Fazoli's and calling it Italian or buying "sushi" at Kroger and pretending you're eating real Japanese food.

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 12:59 PM
dude no it's not. I can let a lot of shit go but not the public disparaging of indian food. Have you actually ever been to an Indian restaurant? All the dishes have a hundred different spices in them

yeah, authentic restaurants are cooking from scratch, but most of the indian and chinese restaurants in the USA buy their sauces and seasonings premade. That's why so much of it all tastes the same.

redbreegull
06-20-2014, 01:01 PM
where the fuck do you live that you have indian restaurants of the quality of panda express? all the places anywhere around here are family owned

redbreegull
06-20-2014, 01:01 PM
and I have eaten at many, many indian restaurants.

redbreegull
06-20-2014, 01:04 PM
I mean the only time I have ever had indian food of the quality of a standard chinese place is if you go to the cruddiest hole in the wall for the afternoon buffet.

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 01:07 PM
forgive me for not enjoying Panda Express and fake indian food from shitty restaurants that all buy their sauces from Sysco.

Of course there are great chinese and indian restaurants out there but the majority of them in the USA are terrible. Like eating at Fazoli's and calling it Italian or buying "sushi" at Kroger and pretending you're eating real Japanese food.

ah i just want to mention that pretty much anything you get in this country is probably not authentic

i mean one of my favorite items in sushi is the california roll. which has fucking avocado in it. i mean if that's not Americanized i dunno what is, but it still goo

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 01:09 PM
You're just jealous cause I'm threatening your status as most miserable on forum.

well i mean i was doing the sad sack larry davis comedy sad and you're like holy shit man go see a fucking therapist already

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 01:55 PM
"where the fuck do you live that you have indian restaurants of the quality of panda express? all the places anywhere around here are family owned"

most shitty non chain restaurants are family owned. it doesn't mean that they're not buying their shit premade.

And just because you live in a neighborhood that drips authenticity doesn't mean the rest of North America does.

RBG, 100% authentic food hipster!

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 01:57 PM
ah i just want to mention that pretty much anything you get in this country is probably not authentic

i mean one of my favorite items in sushi is the california roll. which has fucking avocado in it. i mean if that's not Americanized i dunno what is, but it still goo

yeah, authentic and fresh/scratch made are two different things.

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 02:03 PM
honestly when it comes to the many regional varieties of mexican food both in its native land and here in the states, "authentic" is a word i don't really get

i mean ultimately i want the clientele to be predominantly mexican/hispanic/latino/not white, that's when i know i'm in the right place. then i judge the food on its merits.

when i walk into a mexican restaruant full of white people i just know i'm getting velveeta enchiladas in flour tortillas

hnibos
06-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Flour tortillas are good =/ but I'm Honduran.

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 02:15 PM
i love them, honestly i always get them with tacos. even though i like corn

but there's something heretical about enchiladas with flour tortillas

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 02:16 PM
flour enchiladas are terrible. flour torts get too soggy if they're cooked or served under sauce.

the one thing i absolutely hate is what most of the country calls a bagel today. Even my favorite deli is now making them too big and too soft. It's like eating a stale bun with a hole in the middle. Don't get me started on whipped, runny cream cheese.

disgusting

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 02:22 PM
our grocery chain HEB had some trully horrible bagels that were pretty much dinner rolls with a hole in them

they stepped their game up recently, they aren't as good as einstein bros but they are pretty chewy now

The exploding boy
06-20-2014, 02:25 PM
That most bagels anywhere. I mean the dinner rolls thing.

Thankfully outside of new York montreal is probably the best place to find authentic bagels in north America. That being said, even when it's real bagels right out of the ovens, meh. I don't get the big deal with bagels.

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 02:26 PM
HEB is a pretty good chain. I like their Central Market stores.

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 02:33 PM
flour enchiladas are terrible. flour torts get too soggy if they're cooked or served under sauce.

there's that but it's also just kind of wrong as far as a flavor profile goes...it's just wrong

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 02:33 PM
HEB is a pretty good chain. I like their Central Market stores.

it's come a long way but fuck that boozhy central market bullshit

but they love them spurs

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2xSfYuFi_xg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(go spurs)

redbreegull
06-20-2014, 02:45 PM
"where the fuck do you live that you have indian restaurants of the quality of panda express? all the places anywhere around here are family owned"

most shitty non chain restaurants are family owned. it doesn't mean that they're not buying their shit premade.

And just because you live in a neighborhood that drips authenticity doesn't mean the rest of North America does.

RBG, 100% authentic food hipster!

I might buy this if you were talking about chinese only because many chinese restaurants do in fact offer similar fare and most of it is equally bland and soaked in MSG. Perhaps it's a benefit of living in a city and not some hinterland, but indian restaurants vary far, far more than chinese places in general. sure there are some indian places that suck, but there's hardly enough similarity between most of them to claim "most of the indian... restaurants in the USA buy their sauces and seasonings premade. That's why so much of it all tastes the same."

I guess it wouldn't surprise me though if you were making this judgement based an a few dried out shitty buffets owned by white people that only serve the five most popular "indian" foods

juliana
06-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Where I live chinese food is diverse and amazing. There are also different types of restaurants that serve specialties or from certain regions.

redbreegull
06-20-2014, 03:19 PM
lucky, most of the places around here are very bland clones of each other. There's one place I am really partial to but it's all the way in baltimore

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Where I live chinese food is diverse and amazing. There are also different types of restaurants that serve specialties or from certain regions.

I've had good indian food in Ontario too.

also you have a fascist mayor who smokes crack and calls for motorists to hit cyclists with their cars.

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 03:46 PM
pale princess was telling me how diverse the toronto food culture is

course their MEXICAN food sucks and they don't have WHATABURGER

Order 66
06-20-2014, 03:48 PM
when i was a kid i thought it was "waterburger"

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 03:50 PM
couple years ago I got a bit lost out in one of the Toronto suburbs. I pulled into the parking lot of a taco bell to check my GPS and realized that it was packed with Indian teenagers. It seemed really strange to me that Indians living in Toronto would hang out at a Mexican restaurant run by an american company.

juliana
06-20-2014, 03:50 PM
pale princess was telling me how diverse the toronto food culture is

course their MEXICAN food sucks and they don't have WHATABURGER

Mexican food here is almost nonexistent :(

juliana
06-20-2014, 03:52 PM
couple years ago I got a bit lost out in one of the Toronto suburbs. I pulled into the parking lot of a taco bell to check my GPS and realized that it was packed with Indian teenagers. It seemed really strange to me that Indians living in Toronto would hang out at a Mexican restaurant run by an american company.

Why? What you wrote sounds weird to me, actually. No one thinks like that here. Also, they might not have been indian but regardless it isn't strange at all.

Order 66
06-20-2014, 03:54 PM
obvs youve never heard of the trail of tears. lincoln exiled them to canada

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Why? What you wrote sounds weird to me, actually. No one thinks like that here. Also, they might not have been indian but regardless it isn't strange at all.

All I'm saying is that it in a pop cultural sense it was an odd thing to run across, especially having spent the previous week several hours north at Camp White Pine hanging out with a few hundred Hosers

they could have been Pakistani for all I knew. The area seemed to have a lot of strip malls filled with "Indian" businesses. And I saw quite a few Sikh men out and about. Doesn't Toronto have the largest native Indian population of any city in North America?

juliana
06-20-2014, 04:00 PM

also you have a fascist mayor who smokes crack and calls for motorists to hit cyclists with their cars.

He doesn't do dumb stuff cause he is a fascist, it is cause he drinks a lot and does crack. Other politicians in toronto are awful though.

Anyways toronto has great indian, chinese, jamaican, korean food. There is a lot more to list but what I think sucks here is mexican, american southern bbq, almost no deepdish, not much japanese (outside sushi).

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 04:03 PM
He doesn't do dumb stuff cause he is a fascist, it is cause he drinks a lot and does crack. Other politicians in toronto are awful though.

Anyways toronto has great indian, chinese, jamaican, korean food. There is a lot more to list but what I think sucks here is mexican, american southern bbq, almost no deepdish, not much japanese (outside sushi).

reading up on the guy it looks like it's not just a behavior problem, but also a problem of shitty politics. He advocates horrible political views. Case in point is his contempt for any form of transportation other than cars.

If you had told me he was the mayor of a Midwestern US city I might have believed it. I feel bad for people in Toronto. Everyone I know there hates the guy. I don't understand where all Ford's supporters are because I've never met one.

juliana
06-20-2014, 04:07 PM
All I'm saying is that it in a pop cultural sense it was an odd thing to run across, especially having spent the previous week several hours north at Camp White Pine hanging out with a few hundred Hosers

they could have been Pakistani for all I knew. The area seemed to have a lot of strip malls filled with "Indian" businesses. And I saw quite a few Sikh men out and about. Doesn't Toronto have the largest native Indian population of any city in North America?

Native indian to me means aboriginal.

We have a lot of different neighbourhoods here. Depending on where you are you could be in an area filled with one ethnicity. That is why it is cool. Where I live it is primarily chinese. All chinese businesses two huge chinese super markets five mins apart.

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 04:07 PM
I've never had a good slice of Pizza in Toronto. Been to a handful of randomn pizza joints and all were terrible. Also, I can't believe anybody in Ontario knows how to make real BBQ

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Native indian to me means aboriginal.

In AMERICA we good liberals now use the term "Native American"

juliana
06-20-2014, 04:18 PM
reading up on the guy it looks like it's not just a behavior problem, but also a problem of shitty politics. He advocates horrible political views. Case in point is his contempt for any form of transportation other than cars.

If you had told me he was the mayor of a Midwestern US city I might have believed it. I feel bad for people in Toronto. Everyone I know there hates the guy. I don't understand where all Ford's supporters are because I've never met one.

The poor and immigrants are the supporters of ford. Ford isn't the devil he is made out to be. Prior to ford the mayor was only interested in supporting the rich white neighbourhoods of downtown. They raised a lot of taxes which hurt the middle class and poor to pay for all the government union types to have crazy wages and crazy benefits. For instance a bus driver in toronto makes 60k-100k.

People were fed up and ford vowed to cut back. So those who were ignored voted for him and he did some good stuff and saved the city a lot of money and stopped certain unions from destroying the city, but sadly ford fucked shit up. First of all he doesn't support the large population of gay people in the city, to me that is his biggest problem. The gay commuminity has a lot of power here and he should have AT LEAST pretended to support them. Secondly he is a mess with drugs etc.

But at the same time the other politicians are JUST as pitiful even without drugs. They will tax and tax and tax and the money will disapear.

juliana
06-20-2014, 04:19 PM
In AMERICA we good liberals now use the term "Native American"

We use native or aboriginal. And depends who you are talking to.

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 04:21 PM
I have no problem with a bus driver making $60k or more.

I you're poor and the target of your ire is public employees (like bus drivers) you're politics are fucked up. Poor immigrants (Canada or USA) aren't being hurt by people like teachers who are well paid. They're being fucked by the rich and by business interests.

sounds exactly like the garbage that goes on in Detroit. ask anybody living in the suburbs of detroit why the city is broke and they won't mention how Businesses bankrupted the city or how two thirds of the cities residents left. They'll tell you that the city is fucked up because the teachers are paid too much and the bus drivers' union squeezes the city for cash.

it's all bull shit of course. Nobody bitches about the billionaire owner of Quicken Loans getting huge tracts of propery tax free, or the Fords getting a half billion dollar stadium paid for by the State. Or the owner of Little Ceasars getting millions in tax breaks....

juliana
06-20-2014, 04:23 PM
I've never had a good slice of Pizza in Toronto. Been to a handful of randomn pizza joints and all were terrible. Also, I can't believe anybody in Ontario knows how to make real BBQ

There are places in Toronto but it is not like the statesI hear that in northern ontario there is some. For pizza, there are very few but it can suck. There is one place that actually has chefs that go to italy every year to keep up with the pizza trends.

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 04:28 PM
the real question is where can I get a great Walleye dinner?

juliana
06-20-2014, 04:29 PM
I have no problem with a bus driver making $60k or more.

I you're poor and the target of your ire is public employees (like bus drivers) you're politics are fucked up. Poor immigrants (Canada or USA) aren't being hurt by people like teachers who are well paid. They're being fucked by the rich and by business interests.

Fight the real power!

Actually they are, in canada it isn't about big business especially in ontario. The unions are making a killing so they have to constantly raise taxes. We already have 13% sales tax and our hydro and gas just doubled. Private industry is at risk because they are being taxed so heavily. Many are considering moving to calgary.

60k-100k is a problem when because of the unions making so much the government makes the riders pay more to ride transit which affects the poor. our subway line is a joke and getting worse and worse, service getting cut and more expensive.

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 04:41 PM
cutting the pay of bus drivers ain't gonna make your subway better. it's a case of the have nots blaming each other.

just like the USA the people who have the money aren't paying their fair share. To beat up on a bus driver when hundreds of billions of dollars of tar sands oil is being pumped out of the country is beyond ridiculous. There is enough potential tax money in energy resources alone in Canada to fund whatever infrastructure the country might need.

But I get it. Dipshits down here do the same thing. They blame my state being bankrupt on the Teachers Unions, so they cut $1billion dollars from education spending and gave a $1billion tax cut to large corporations and billionairs. And that makes the schools worse, so they blame the teachers again... and they want to cut more from schools.

Keep going, Ontario! You'll be just like Detroit before you know it!

Trotskilicious
06-20-2014, 04:52 PM
oh my god if only i had eyeball cancer

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 04:55 PM
LULZ

juliana
06-20-2014, 05:06 PM
cutting the pay of bus drivers ain't gonna make your subway better. it's a case of the have nots blaming each other.

just like the USA the people who have the money aren't paying their fair share. To beat up on a bus driver when hundreds of billions of dollars of tar sands oil is being pumped out of the country is beyond ridiculous. There is enough potential tax money in energy resources alone in Canada to fund whatever infrastructure the country might need.

But I get it. Dipshits down here do the same thing. They blame my state being bankrupt on the Teachers Unions, so they cut $1billion dollars from education spending and gave a $1billion tax cut to large corporations and billionairs. And that makes the schools worse, so they blame the teachers again... and they want to cut more from schools.

Keep going, Ontario! You'll be just like Detroit before you know it!

I live in ontario not alberta, that money wouldn't come here. Alberta is rich and big biz is booming there.

The exploding boy
06-20-2014, 06:08 PM

that wouldn't happen if a good portion of cyclists weren't fucking assholes who think they have special rights because like they save the planet by not using their cars or something. Of course here's the thing, pedestrians think cyclists are assholes, cyclists think drivers are assholes and drivers thinks cyclists and pedestrians are assholes. the moral of this is...most people are just assholes and should probably be run over regardless of their mean of transportation.

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 06:30 PM
You'd make a great Republican. You should move here.

juliana
06-20-2014, 08:44 PM
I cycle everyday. I think that there should be more bike lanes and paths and remove the street cars downtown and put them underground. Streetcar tracks are a danger to cyclists. I know two people who got seriously injured because their wheel got caught.

The exploding boy
06-20-2014, 08:57 PM
i'm mainly just SICK SO FUCKING SICK of cyclists on the GODDAM sidewalk. It's not like bike paths are lacking in MTL. Or like oh my god I'm on the wrong way on a one way street, no way am I gonna ride on the street. yeah but every other street is one way the way youre fucking going, too much effort to continue on to the next one? I don't give a shit, just don't ride on the fucking sidewalk. I actually take the middle if I see one coming. Either two things, they get off the sidewalk, or they hit me at which point I hope I get injured so I can sue your stupid ass..

MyOneAndOnly
06-20-2014, 09:27 PM
More hate

The exploding boy
06-20-2014, 11:57 PM
It keeps me alive.

Mooney
06-21-2014, 12:28 AM
The poor and immigrants are the supporters of ford. Ford isn't the devil he is made out to be. Prior to ford the mayor was only interested in supporting the rich white neighbourhoods of downtown. They raised a lot of taxes which hurt the middle class and poor to pay for all the government union types to have crazy wages and crazy benefits. For instance a bus driver in toronto makes 60k-100k. People were fed up and ford vowed to cut back.

this is the anti-union sentiment that drives me fucking nuts. let's attack the fucking bus drivers! they are the true 1%. 60k in a city where the average rent on a one bedroom aparment is $1500/month...almost half of their take home pay would go towards rent...which any financial expert would tell you is a bad situation.

rather than vote to bolster the middle class, and stand behind unions because they are the reason the middle class exists, lets choose whatever fat fuck that promises to make any currently borderline middle class worker just as poor me!@#

fuck you.

Trotskilicious
06-21-2014, 02:04 AM
i mean why shouldn't a bus driver make that much, much more valuable than social media experts

Trotskilicious
06-21-2014, 02:04 AM
and it's a stressful, unrewarding job

juliana
06-21-2014, 06:25 AM
Most bus drivers in the city make at least 80k, some bus drivers are making 100k which is what many police officer make?

Give me a break.

juliana
06-21-2014, 06:35 AM
Oooo just found that many making over 100k are station collectors. Totally cool these people are making as much as police.

Lucky Day Spa
06-21-2014, 06:42 AM
I can let a lot of shit go but not the public disparaging of indian food. Have you actually ever been to an Indian restaurant?

look out everyone, he's drawn a line in the sand

juliana
06-21-2014, 06:43 AM
TORONTO – Almost 1,400 TTC employees earned more than $100,000 in 2012 according to the latest Sunshine List.

Over 12,000 people are employed by the TTC and just over one-tenthof them appear on the annual Sunshine List as a result of overtime....

...Of the 1395 employees on the list, 217 are operators and 21 are station collectors.

Officials from the Toronto Taxpayers Coalition – a Toronto organization which advocates for lower city costs – said the city’s labour costs “continue to rise at a dramatic rate.”

“Labour costs are the single biggest pressure on the city’s budget,” said Toronto Taxpayers Coalition President Matthew McGuire. “$100,000 is a lot of money. Most taxpayers paying these salaries can only dream of earning this much.”

“Now we’re learning that we are paying 21 people over $100,000 to sell Metropasses.”

Ross points out that if the Sunshine List had kept pace with inflation since its introduction in 1994, only 55 TTC employees would be on the list.

However, McGuire says that even today $100,000 is more than most private-sectors workers earn.

“It seems that the number of people getting paid exorbitant wages is far too high,” McGuire said. “The TTC doesn’t have their labour costs under control.”

The private sector might be the issue in the states but it isn't in ontario. In ontario an election was just won because of the fear mongering of the unions including the police who were supposed to be investigating the same governmemt on corruption.

sppunk
06-21-2014, 09:44 AM
You're an idiot for correlating one profession's salaries to another's.

I mean you're an idiot for a metric ton of things but right now specifically you're inane argument.

juliana
06-21-2014, 11:04 AM
You're an idiot and your icon speaks volumes. You also, never have anything intelligent to say you just call me stupid. How does insulting people make you smarter?

redbreegull
06-22-2014, 04:57 PM
look out everyone, he's drawn a line in the sand

there's no sand in india that's arabs you racist

Trotskilicious
06-22-2014, 05:06 PM
look at the situation with that camel fucker in iraq

Trotskilicious
06-22-2014, 05:07 PM
You're an idiot and your icon speaks volumes. You also, never have anything intelligent to say you just call me stupid. How does insulting people make you smarter?

it's remarkable that you invented a job for yourself but you have this real right wing way of talking about what people "deserve" to earn

in a perfect world, nobody would be paid to post on twitter

vixnix
06-22-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm paid to minister to children using God's love.

Not very much though. Let's not get too outraged.

Trotskilicious
06-22-2014, 07:20 PM
yeah it's hard to listen to privileged whining when you personally know many, many more parents who both work full time ;(

redbreegull
06-22-2014, 08:12 PM
FUNEMPLOYMENT!

juliana
06-22-2014, 09:18 PM
it's remarkable that you invented a job for yourself but you have this real right wing way of talking about what people "deserve" to earn

in a perfect world, nobody would be paid to post on twitter

Lol

vixnix
06-23-2014, 04:57 AM
yeah it's hard to listen to privileged whining when you personally know many, many more parents who both work full time ;(

I'm not sure if you're implying I'm privileged and I whine

But I took a quiz on Facebook and it came out with the result that I'm not privileged so...

Cool As Ice Cream
06-23-2014, 05:01 AM
Lol

Lucky Day Spa
06-23-2014, 06:55 AM
prosting

Lucky Day Spa
06-23-2014, 06:56 AM
i'm not

MyOneAndOnly
06-23-2014, 08:19 AM
you're all idiots or you wouldn't be here

MyOneAndOnly
06-23-2014, 08:19 AM
such truth

MyOneAndOnly
06-23-2014, 08:20 AM
splain to me how Vix is priviledged exactly. That comes up lots and I'm not seeing it.

I'm Hardcore
06-23-2014, 08:26 AM
what the fuck is Americanized Indian food?

MyOneAndOnly
06-23-2014, 08:29 AM
it's when Mericans make up what they think minorities would eat and then sell it at thousands of restaurants to other regular people.

MyOneAndOnly
06-23-2014, 08:29 AM
chop suey

MyOneAndOnly
06-23-2014, 08:30 AM
burrito

MyOneAndOnly
06-23-2014, 08:30 AM
spaghetti and meatballs

MyOneAndOnly
06-23-2014, 08:32 AM
http://abagond.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/cody.jpg

I'm Hardcore
06-23-2014, 08:33 AM
spaghetti and meatballs are eaten all over the word

I'm Hardcore
06-23-2014, 08:33 AM
vixnix is a white christian. there is nothing worse than a white christian

yo soy el mejor
06-23-2014, 08:55 AM

http://www.jamspreader.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/snicker-karenljuj3.gif

MyOneAndOnly
06-23-2014, 08:56 AM
spaghetti and meatballs is not an italian dish. It's 100% American

MyOneAndOnly
06-23-2014, 08:56 AM
God bless America!

D.
06-23-2014, 01:39 PM

Literally the dumbest post

The exploding boy
06-23-2014, 01:40 PM
margin

The exploding boy
06-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Putting meat in spaghetti sauce was a vast improvement though (though i'd rather it not be in meatballs form). The thing is i don't feel all americanization (or westernization anyway...like Tikka Masala was invented in britain though i believe by indians) is necessarily bad. I don't believe in the notion that all these foreign cuisines had obviously perfected their shit and that any change to it is vulgar and blasphemous (well yeah if you add processed cheese to any of it, kinda...but then again if you love processed cheese...go ahead, don't let me judge you).

I don't believe in being a slave to recipes myself, i learned that from my parents which are both amazing cooks (unlike me though). My dad would like take a recipe he liked and then spend the next 3 years perfecting it. Adding sutff, removing stuff, altering stuff. It was nearly chemistry. You won't find a better Cassoulet than his i'd dare say even in France probably and perfecting it was a 20 years ongoing process. It could maybe be debated if his cassoulet is completely authentic, but what can't be is it's amazing.

redbreegull
06-23-2014, 01:44 PM
cue 25 page argument on cultural syncretism vs. cultural appropriation

redbreegull
06-23-2014, 01:48 PM
The thing is i don't feel all americanization (or westernization anyway...like Tikka Masala was invented in britain though i believe by indians) is necessarily bad. I don't believe in the notion that all these foreign cuisines had obviously perfected their shit and that any change to it is vulgar and blasphemous

but yeah I think trots said this pages ago and it's true. unless you're a dunce, you won't expect to be served authentic foreign cuisine at many restaurants in the US. but that's ok, chicken tikka masala is still holy shit fucking delicious despite the fact that it's from london, not mumbai

MyOneAndOnly
06-23-2014, 02:08 PM
TEB, not a slave...

The exploding boy
06-23-2014, 02:11 PM
I think that defines me best really. and because of this..i'm enslaved to poverty.

FlamingGlobes
10-20-2017, 10:27 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ObeseAppropriateLangur-max-1mb.gif

FlamingGlobes
10-20-2017, 10:27 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/89fda2ad4ece096e3bd6ec0edab81ec7/tenor.gif

slunken
10-20-2017, 10:53 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Etb_r3bjQMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FlamingGlobes
10-20-2017, 11:03 PM
margin

toase
10-20-2017, 11:53 PM
lol good old times of the margin bug

Ram27
10-21-2017, 01:10 AM
ooh i actually got taco bell today after a while of not getting it. cheese quesadilla and bean burrito

wanna get some now but too drunk to drive

toase
10-21-2017, 01:11 AM
are you 21 already?

Ram27
10-21-2017, 06:44 AM
yeah thank god

Elphenor
10-21-2017, 06:59 AM
in my defense this was before the days of chat conglomerate threads for stupid thoughts

Elphenor
10-21-2017, 07:07 AM
honestly i was really sick and confused and 18 around this time and the Oboard got cancelled which was my spot for bad posting prior

FlamingGlobes
10-21-2017, 10:15 AM
So what's your excuse now?

Elphenor
10-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Idk I'm doing pretty well besides this creepy week long harassment thing

FlamingGlobes
10-21-2017, 11:42 AM
Yeah but have you heard the new Beck? It's totes rad.

FlamingGlobes
10-21-2017, 11:47 AM
If receiving negative rep for saying stupid/shitty things constitutes harassment, then fuzzy would've hauled all of us into court long ago.

Maybe just try to be a better person.

pavementtune
10-21-2017, 12:10 PM

and spend your time going through a boarders posting history to bump threads from years ago... (can you cut it out or is this a new hobby?)

ah I see, and also turning their rep page into a red streak. pretty sure elph heard you the first time, so did everyone else, you can't stand him, we got it okay.

Elphenor
10-21-2017, 04:01 PM

like someone who's go to potshot is a dig at anyone who has to work retail

because I never saw poots/nimrod's son as the better person

FlamingGlobes
10-21-2017, 04:07 PM
like someone who's go to potshot is a dig at anyone who has to work retail

because I never saw poots/nimrod's son as the better person

Explain how that is better/worse than taking digs at someone because of their tastes in pop culture.

I take digs at your job to remind you that in spite of your "superior" tastes, you're no better than the rest of us.

FlamingGlobes
10-21-2017, 04:08 PM
and spend your time going through a boarders posting history to bump threads from years ago... (can you cut it out or is this a new hobby?)

ah I see, and also turning their rep page into a red streak. pretty sure elph heard you the first time, so did everyone else, you can't stand him, we got it okay.

I mean, it's not a lot of time spent, plus I neg repped his shitty musings. Not my fault he doesn't get any other rep to offset it. It's not my goal to turn his page red.

FlamingGlobes
10-21-2017, 04:10 PM
I'm shitty in my own way, but I don't randomly lash out at people just because I'm having a bad day, like Elphy here.

FoolofaTook
10-21-2017, 05:00 PM
Ram taco bell blows. don't they have taco trucks about?

noyen
10-21-2017, 10:36 PM
omg im gonna set this place on fire.

yo soy el mejor
10-22-2017, 09:37 AM
elph hasn't changed a bit

smashingjj
10-22-2017, 09:48 AM
ah, there she is. it was inevitable.

FlamingGlobes
10-22-2017, 11:39 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lI95V20Tixo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FlamingGlobes
10-22-2017, 11:40 AM
elph hasn't changed a bit

Yeah, he still has shit taste in food. This is America, if you don't love Mexican food, LEAVE!

ilikeplanets
10-22-2017, 10:52 PM
i want to eat all the mexican food elph doesnt want, just send it straight to me kthnxbi

Ram27
10-22-2017, 11:19 PM
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2i3zrzyLOCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Elphenor
10-22-2017, 11:46 PM
I think I've posted multiple times my love for tex mex I am a changed man

stop bumping this thread btw

FlamingGlobes
10-23-2017, 12:05 AM
stop bumping this thread btw

https://media.tenor.com/images/4a7b569ecfcab7e4a0ca564490ed7c0d/tenor.gif

Elphenor
10-23-2017, 12:08 AM
would you try this on for me

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81vcb3hRCsL._UX466_.jpg

FlamingGlobes
10-23-2017, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the pos rep, Elephunk.

FlamingGlobes
10-23-2017, 12:29 AM
I don't know what the Trump hat is in reference to, but I got called a 'virtue signaler' in another corner of the web yesterday, so I must be doing <i>something</i> right.

toase
10-23-2017, 12:33 AM
whats a signaler?

buzzard
10-23-2017, 01:28 AM
Just remember that you're only as good as your internet nemesis.

FlamingGlobes
10-23-2017, 12:48 PM
Just remember that you're only as good as your internet nemesis.

I'm sure Elph is as good at playing guitar as he is at stocking a shelf, so I will take that as a compliment.

FlamingGlobes
10-23-2017, 12:48 PM
whats a signaler?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Elphenor
10-23-2017, 02:12 PM
I took it as a grave insult still recovering

yo soy el mejor
10-23-2017, 02:52 PM
all food is the same. just different ingredients.

MplsTaper
10-23-2017, 04:49 PM