Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-15-2002, 07:37 PM   #1
JC's
Amish Rake Fighter

Default SP magazine collection

Alright, with an exception of a few ratty posters, 2 flats, 50 Lion lithographs, and my cds I have sold all of my SP stuff through eBay or Netphoria. I've been holding on to a collection of SP magazines/clippings because I guess I've just been attached to them (although I haven't looked through them in like 2 years). I made a list of the cover issues and major articles I have below and they're all in mint condition. If I do sell them I'll only sell them all together. Keep in mind I'm only selling them if I get a decent amount of money for them... also, they're extremely heavy (I can't even lift the box that they're all in) so I imagine they'll be fairly expensive to ship.

Also, I have an EXTENSIVE clipping collection (to be *******d witht he magazines) that have all been scrap booked in a binder that has about 120 pages in it (front and back). I'm extremely meticulous, so I've saved little blurbs, tiny tiny pictures, any mention of any band members, receipts, stickers, ads, etc. They've all been separated by era and taped in.

Here's the list:

January 1997 - Guitar World - King B’s - In a Guitar World exclusive, Billy Corgan, with some help from Smashing
Pumpkins pal James Iha, personally dissects the songs on the band’s five-CD collection of singles and B-Sides, the
Aeroplane Flies High.

April 1996 - Guitar School - Orange Crunch - Join Andy Aledort and Smashing Pumpkins visionary Billy Corgan as they
examine the finer points of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

June 2000 - Chicago Magazine - Billy
+: A Rock Opera - Back when he was a Glenbard North dork, Billy Corgan staked his life on ruling the rock world - and
until recently he seemed to be doing just that, making Smashing Pumpkins into the biggest group ever to have come out of
Chicago. But in the past few months, the band’s bass player quit under mysterious circumstances, then got busted for
crack; a new manager bailed on the eve of a world tour; and the new record, Machina/the machines of god, tanked in the
charts. - Can Billy Corgan live through this?

August 2000 - Modern Drummer - Jimmy Chamberlin The Smashing Returns

February 1997 - Guitar School - Flying High Again - With the Aeroplane Flies High, a fun-filled 5-CD box set, the Smashing
Pumpkins prove there’s more to life than Infinite Sadness

December 1995 - Guitar World - Epic Records - In the grand tradition of the Beatles’ White Album, Pink Floyd’s The Wall
and Sonic Youth’s Daydream Nation, Smashing Pumpkins place their bid for rock greatness with Mellon Collie and the
Infinite Sadness, a sprawling two-disc tour de force.

July 1998 - Guitar World - (cover: Smashing Pumpkins Brave New World) Last Man Standing - The Alternative Revolution
is in shambles, but Billy Corgan and his Smashing Pumpkins live on with Adore.

October 1996 - Details - (cover: Is there life after death for the Smashing Pumpkins?) Out on a Limb - Billy Corgan is the
zero who became a hero. But when Jonathan Melvoin dies and Jimmy Chamberlin was dismissed from the Smashing
Pumpkins, the world he ruled came crashing in on him. Pat Blashill surveys the wreckage.

September 1994 - Guitar School - The Pumpkin King - All hail Billy Corgan, leader of Smashing Pumpkins and the new
lord of Lollapalooza!

August 1998 - CMJ - This One Goes Out To The One I Love - Having endured a series of deaths in the family - some
spiritual, some literal - Billy Corgan has emerged with a new appreciation for life and the place the Smashing Pumpkins
hold in it.

July 1998 - Pulse - (cover: Pure Pop For Down People) Bald Ambition - Smashing Pumpkins endure adversities that would
finish off a lesser band and return with ‘Adore,’ a confident nod toward pop music’s electro-textural future

September 1993 - Pulse - The Great Pumpkin Finally Shows Up - Self-professed geeks from Chicago, Smashing
Pumpkins release Siamese Dream, this summer’s most anticipated record

March 2000 - Guitar - Welcome to the Machina - Surviving the death and departure of band members, the supposed
‘death of rock,’ and ill-received detour into electronica and the critical darts that followed, Billy Corgan and Smashing
Pumpkins are back - defiant and rocking hard again on one of the most eagerly awaited albums of the new Millennium.
TGM [the Guitar Magazine] pins them down mid-tour in Europe for a peek inside the machine...

June 1996 - Guitar - Ambition Impossible To rock or not to rock? To take guitar to new extremes or to give it up all
together? These are the questions troubling Billy Corgan, The Smashing Pumpkins’ crown prince of alternative/prog
angst. TGM collars the indie Eddie Van Halen in Frankfurt and finds him in pensive mood. ‘I play guitar like an idiot,’ he
claims, ‘but there’s nothing I can do about it...’

January 31, 1998 - Kerrang - Little Big Man - After 10 years of playing Billy Corgan’s songs in the Smashing Pumpkins,
James Iha has recorded his first solo album, ‘Let It Come Down’. It is, he says, the work of “a waif male who likes high
decibel rock guitar and seeks a crazy woman”...

January 15, 1999 - Kerrang - Let There Be Rock - In 1997, Billy Corgan put down his guitar and announced to the world
that electronica was the future of music. Three years on, he’s reshaped the Smashing Pumpkins, turned up the volume
once more and returned with the first great album of the century...

December 1995 - CMJ - 28 Reasons the Smashing Pumpkins are cooler than a bomb-pop, craftier than your class
valedictorian, and more important that Reo Speedwagon

December 1996 - MOJO - American Gothic - The music of the Smashing Pumpkins has brought the dark night of the soul
to the wide open spaces of America’s arenas and radio waves. Their story likewise traces a path somewhere between
Pink Floyd and Joy Division. Ben Edmonds reports from the brink of the abyss.

July 1998 - Select - From Genesis to Revelation - The Smashing Pumpkins have built themselves a truly biblical myth.
Now, Select offers them the chance to rip it up. Result? A 15-point fandango starring Courtney, Even Dando and both
Mansons - Shirley and Marilyn.

November 30, 1996 - Kerrang - Fasten Your Seatbelts - It’s going to be a dark ride. One board their private plane,
Smashing Pumpkins are reflecting on the strangest year of their lives - a year of massive success and desperate tragedy.
After surviving it all, Billy Corgan tells Paul Elliott why he’s now decided that rock is dead...

January 18, 2001 - Rolling Stone - The Pumpkins Say Goodbye - On the day of the Smashing Pumpkins’ triumphant final
show, Billy Corgan looks back

March 16, 2000 - Rolling Stone - Prisoners of Rock and Roll - Smashing Pumpkins

December 1996/January 1997 - Raygun - Artistic Control, etc etc Blah Blah Blah James Iha & D’Arcy’s Scratchie Records

September 19, 1996 - Rolling Stone - The Smashing Pumpkins’ leader on death, drugs, and the future of his band - Billy
Corgan Talks

June 1996 - SPIN - Zero Worship - Bored with rocking your lights out, Smashing Pumpkins are already looking toward
distant lands of alternia we can barely imagine. But as Craig Marks discovers, they’re still obsessed by the needy teen
within.

November 16, 1995 - Rolling Stone - Disillusionment! Obsession! Confusion! Satisfaction!

December 1994 - SPIN - Artist of the Year Smashing Pumpkins - For Billy Corgan and his band, 1994 was both flush with
success and filled, as Michael Azerrad learns, with fear and loathing.

August 1993 - Illinois Entertainer - (cover: Out of the Clouds) Living the Dream

November 1993 - SPIN - Billy, Don’t Be A Hero - Billy Corgan and Smashing Pumpkins may be this year’s alternative
success story, but Siamese Dream did not come easy. Jim Greer learns whether the pain and suffering were worth it.

July 1991 - Illinois Entertainer - (cover: Day-glo Dreams) Daze of Summer

November 1995 - Illinois Entertainer - (cover: A Day In The Life) The Band They Always Said They Were

April 21, 1994 - Rolling Stone - Strange Fruit: Success has come at a high price for this Chicago band

July 25, 1993 - Chicago Tribune - Arts - Simply Smashing - It’s a great year for rock in Chicago. Honest. And Smashing
Pumpkins is just part of the story.

July 6-20 2000 - Rolling Stone - Pumpkins Break Up

January 2000 - SPIN - Age Agains the Machine - Smashing Pumpkins court radio, ponder God, and rock the cosmic hi-fi
(Machina review)

November 30, 1995 - Rolling Stone - Up Against The Wall by Jim DeRogatis (MCIS review)

Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

Thanks.