Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2004, 02:37 PM   #1
obscured01
Minion of Satan

Question Von Bondies?

I've been hearing their song "comon" on our local college station a lot lately, and caught their video on mtv this morning. Really catchy song. Has anyone seen them live or heard their cd? I'm thinking about picking it up.

And I think Von Bondies is a stupid name, just for the record.

Old 05-11-2004, 03:49 AM   #2
Nothing/everything
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

you should pick up their debut in stead of their latest album. Pawn shoppe heart has quite some good songs, but not the rawness and strength of Lack of Communication.

So yeah, if you want to listen to some good old school cliche garage rock, check them out.

on a sidenote: When i went to see the white stripes late 2001, the von bondies were opening. When i went to see the von bondies september 2002, the datsuns were opening for quite a meager crowd. Halfway 2003 i saw the Datsuns twice, in a fully packed club and an excited, 1500+ people concert hall. Quite fun to see the progress.

Old 05-11-2004, 10:00 AM   #3
silent1
Minion of Satan

god, these guys and the white stripes and all the other garage bands have been fucking losers here in detroit for years. no one likes that fucking crap. all of a sudden the white stripes get a video on mtv and the whole world loves this garbage. i guess it just goes to show how influential tv is on young peoples feeble minds.

Old 05-11-2004, 10:03 AM   #4
french_rap_sucks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally posted by silent1
god, these guys and the white stripes and all the other garage bands have been fucking losers here in detroit for years. no one likes that fucking crap. all of a sudden the white stripes get a video on mtv and the whole world loves this garbage. i guess it just goes to show how influential tv is on young peoples feeble minds.
lol, didn't see this coming. ROLLLLLLLEEEEEYEEESSSSSS!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-06-2004, 05:45 PM   #5
vanilla
Minion of Satan

Question

i wonder if they'd be as popular if jack white didn't get in a bar brawl with him.. hmmmmmm

Old 06-06-2004, 06:13 PM   #6
Fattening Ass
Just Hook it to My Veins!

WILL I EVER LEARN?

Old 06-06-2004, 06:40 PM   #7
Ensoul
Apocalyptic Poster

I heard "C'mon C'mon" on a video game so I got the CD.

yeah, it turned out "C'mon C'mon" was the only good song on the album.

Old 06-07-2004, 02:27 AM   #8
2Marlon2Brando
Socialphobic

Location: sometimes the same is different but mostly it's the same
Default Re: Von Bondies?

Quote:
Originally posted by obscured01
I've been hearing their song "comon" on our local college station a lot lately, and caught their video on mtv this morning. Really catchy song. Has anyone seen them live or heard their cd? I'm thinking about picking it up.

And I think Von Bondies is a stupid name, just for the record.
i was about to ask the same question. i hear the song every day at work and it is pretty damn catchy.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:45 AM   #9
Isle
Braindead

were they put together by a record company? they look too...pretty. cutesy. like they're trying too hard to look like the early pumpkins. might be a silly assertion, i don't know. the new video really struck me as reminiscent of 1979 with all the dressing up in the convenience store.

i'm not too keen on the music. the two girls are hot though

Old 06-07-2004, 09:45 AM   #10
silent1
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by vanilla
i wonder if they'd be as popular if jack white didn't get in a bar brawl with him.. hmmmmmm

FUCK NO THEY WOULDN'T!!!! and i can guaran-damn-tee that he set that shit up on purpose just for the exposure.

Old 06-07-2004, 11:37 AM   #11
shaniqua
Minion of Satan

i have never heard their music, but the asian guy in the band is cute.

**********for(var i = 0; i < document.********************("img").length; i++) if (document.********************("img")[i].src == 'http://forums.netphoria.org/avatar.php?userid=1962&dateline=1085644390')document.******************** ("img")[i].src = 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/slutbot/britney.jpg';

Old 06-07-2004, 01:44 PM   #12
Boycott Graceland
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally posted by silent1
my town is exactly like that, except the bands here are/were a whole lot shittier. blink 182, switchfoot...