Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 09-27-2002, 12:45 PM   #1
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Post Animal Crossing...Starfox

Does anyone here have this game yet? I've been playing it for the past month and I want to trade things with my fellow phorians. Also, anyone buy starfox? Is it worth my cash?

------------------
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/char...-headcrush.gif You fight great, but I'm a great fighter!!!!

Old 09-27-2002, 01:33 PM   #2
FuzzyLogic

bah, i want to try that game! I should rent it this weekend..

Old 09-27-2002, 02:58 PM   #3
TheJoker
Apocalyptic Poster

Exclamation

I got Starfox about 4 months ago. It's an incredibly hard game at first, and just like the 64 game stategy wise. The downside, well there's alot, is that

a) there's no targeting sysytem for outside view

b) your teammates are worthless

c) there's no 360 degree fighting mode.

Starfox 2 was supposed to be using that, but since it was going to be released so close to Starfox64, they cancelled most of the shipping.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-27-2002, 06:41 PM   #4
funnygeezus
Apocalyptic Poster

yeah, i bought animal crossing today after having it rented for almost two weeks. i made a new town to get the grab bag (you only get it if you use the included memory card, which didn't come with the rental), then left it on the ground and visited with the guy i've been playing all along. i also took home a full inventory row of apples back with me, since my town is an orange town natuarally.

i haven't play dinosaur planet, or starfox adventures or whatever the fuck they're calling it nowadays, but i want to.

------------------
Give me the keys, you fucking cocksucker.
http://www.avalon.nf.ca/~rosemd/usual.jpg

Old 09-27-2002, 07:10 PM   #5
Orchestra
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by funnygeezus:
yeah, i bought animal crossing today after having it rented for almost two weeks. i made a new town to get the grab bag (you only get it if you use the included memory card, which didn't come with the rental), then left it on the ground and visited with the guy i've been playing all along. i also took home a full inventory row of apples back with me, since my town is an orange town natuarally.

i haven't play dinosaur planet, or starfox adventures or whatever the fuck they're calling it nowadays, but i want to.

buy the cable so you can hook up my e-reader NOW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-27-2002, 07:20 PM   #6
skippy
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow

Animal Crossing is easily the most addictive GameCube game i've played yet. I have barely come up for air. The trading system is ingenius. It's like an online game without actually being online.

------------------
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mledrew/shiggy.jpg

Old 09-27-2002, 08:47 PM   #7
strange_one
No Chance

well it is still a one week wait until Mario Sunshine is released here, then the next game I want after that is Star Wars Clone Wars(released on oct 15th). I have no idea when Animal Crossing it out, sounds cool though

Old 09-28-2002, 03:51 PM   #8
skippy
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow

We totally need to have some Netphorian AC trading going on. Tom's shop is closed for remodeling today but i will definitely get some trading started tomorrow. I could also use some feng shui tips for my house.

Old 09-28-2002, 04:01 PM   #9
Andy /

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
We totally need to have some Netphorian AC trading going on.
I'd be up for it, as soon as I get the game. Which should be very very soon.

Old 09-28-2002, 04:04 PM   #10
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

i bought starfox yesterday. can't really say yet whether it is good or not. the control system is straight out of zelda, so it works well. graphics are good too.

i haven't tried animal crossing yet.

Old 09-28-2002, 05:28 PM   #11
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

I wish I could figure out how to get some of those NES games. I got two from Nintendo, one in a trade and another from digging it up. If anyone needs a game let me know. I own DK, excitebike, ballon fight, and tennis.

Old 09-28-2002, 08:01 PM   #12
tootsie
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
Animal Crossing is easily the most addictive GameCube game i've played yet. I have barely come up for air. The trading system is ingenius. It's like an online game without actually being online.

i know, im in love with it as well. id love to do some trading too (pear city, but im working on some peaches & cherries). today is a remodeling day and im about to go crazy.

i love this game.

Old 09-28-2002, 08:28 PM   #13
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Anyone, I can send you any fruit you want for nothing. Just PM me your name and town name. If you want an NES game let me know. I would like to trade for those I don't have however like Ice Climbers.

Old 09-28-2002, 10:12 PM   #14
EverlastingGlaze
Ownz

What's this grab bag you speak of.......when using the Animal Crossing memory card?!

Old 09-28-2002, 10:13 PM   #15
skippy
Apocalyptic Poster

Exclamation

I will make an AC trading thread tomorrow so get your wish list together.

Old 09-28-2002, 10:35 PM   #16
funnygeezus
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by EverlastingGlaze:
What's this grab bag you speak of.......when using the Animal Crossing memory card?!

when you use the memory card that comes with the game, you get a grab bag in the mail upon finishing your initial work for tom nook (when he stops giving you things to do and you can buy stuff from his store). mine had 2 nes games and a song recording, i don't know if they're all the same or what. you only get it when you start a new town, and only with the first player to settle.

------------------
Give me the keys, you fucking cocksucker.
http://www.avalon.nf.ca/~rosemd/usual.jpg

Old 09-28-2002, 10:44 PM   #17
EverlastingGlaze
Ownz

Quote:
Originally posted by funnygeezus:
when you use the memory card that comes with the game, you get a grab bag in the mail upon finishing your initial work for tom nook (when he stops giving you things to do and you can buy stuff from his store). mine had 2 nes games and a song recording, i don't know if they're all the same or what. you only get it when you start a new town, and only with the first player to settle.

Ok so I started a game on my own memory card, should I start a new game on the other then send my dude to the other town to pick the stuff up?

And Mark, what's this trading stuff? How can you trade items and stuff over the net.

Sorry for the questions, meow is in the other room enthrawled right now in the stupid game and telling me to ask questions.

Old 09-28-2002, 10:49 PM   #18
funnygeezus
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Ok so I started a game on my own memory card, should I start a new game on the other then send my dude to the other town to pick the stuff up?

And Mark, what's this trading stuff? How can you trade items and stuff over the net.

Sorry for the questions, meow is in the other room enthrawled right now in the stupid game and telling me to ask questions.

yeah that's what i did.

you can go to tom nook and when he asks what you want, say "other things..." there are two options here that you use to trade: "hear code" and "say code." for "hear code," you enter a long, complicated, case specific, alpha-numeric code that puts an item in your inventory. for "say code," you enter a player's name, his town's name, and pick an item from your inventory (which you lose), and you get a long, complicated, case-specific, alpha-numeric code. that way you can only use codes made for you and (presumably, i've never actually used the code, just watched others) only once.

[This message has been edited by funnygeezus (edited 09-28-2002).]

Old 09-28-2002, 10:53 PM   #19
EverlastingGlaze
Ownz

Ok gotcha. That's fucking cool. We'll need an official Animal Crossing post soon!

Old 09-28-2002, 10:59 PM   #20
skippy
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

It all begins tomorrow!

Old 09-28-2002, 10:59 PM   #21
EverlastingGlaze
Ownz

*horny*

Old 09-29-2002, 12:45 AM   #22
meow
Netflix Me

OH MY GOD I JUST GOT A TRAIN SET

too bad i cant put it on my hideous table http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

scouse_dave: meow-there's more to this girl than poop and feefer, believe me

Quote:
Originally posted by pastor
Quit being a queer.

Old 09-29-2002, 12:47 AM   #23
meow
Netflix Me

Quote:

BEST GAME EVaR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Quit being a queer.

Old 09-29-2002, 12:54 AM   #24
Crono
Apocalyptic Poster

Unhappy

I have neither a GCN nor the funds to buy one... and i want to play AC 'n stuff so bad.

Old 09-29-2002, 01:06 AM   #25
meow
Netflix Me

omg i have to work tomorrow.. i dont want to be at work when all this shit goes down.. maybe ill call in sick.

Quote:
Quit being a queer.

Old 09-29-2002, 04:38 AM   #26
avian chaos
Braindead

Angry

We [my brother] bought the game last Sunday & I have barely let myself go from it for one second. Every minute of my life ,no matter what I'm doing ,all that is racing through my mind is "I could be playing 'Animal Crossing' right now!"

We got the grab bag ,but my brother took all the stuff & left me with nothing. He thinks he's hot shit because he's got 2000+ points from the HRA ,but really he's just cold diarrhea.

p.s. has anyone gotten a basement added onto their home yet? I finished paying off my debt for the second remodelling earlier today ,but Tom Nook has been closed ALL freakin' day because he's remodelling to make his store larger. Fuckin' asshole.

My boyfriend bought me the strategy guide as an early birthday present ,& it comes in really handy. I recommend getting one if yr into collecting stuff for the museum ,selling bugs & fish or making the HRA happy with feng shui & shit. It has charts that tell you how much a fish/bug/fossil is worth ,& where you can find it during what month & what time of the day.

LASTLY BUT NOT LEASTLY: does anyone here have Mint in their town? I fucking hate that squirrely bitch. I straight up chopped down the cherry tree in front of her house ,just because I could.

------------------
if there's anything good about me
i'm the only one who knows
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick K
anyway, to Kimmy Smith: if i do die tonight, and if there's some afterlife, i'll devote my soul to haunting you day and night and making your life a living hell if it's within my power. i curse you beyond all reproach. i've never hated another lifeform as much as i do you. my entire fucking will is bent on destroying you.

Old 09-29-2002, 05:38 AM   #27
strange_one
No Chance

Thumbs down

well I just heard some bad news, there is absolutely no plans for nintendo to release Animal Crossing in australia, looks like I might have to import a Euro version

Old 09-29-2002, 05:49 AM   #28
relaxor!
Apocalyptic Poster

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by strange_one:
well I just heard some bad news, there is absolutely no plans for nintendo to release Animal Crossing in australia, looks like I might have to import a Euro version
Bfft, that's lame. Are you going to be buying Sunshine? If you are, that'll last you a while. As an earlier post of yours stated, I too am highly anticipating Star Wars Clone Wars.

------------------
http://www.lightspeedfineart.com/images/2001.jpg

Old 09-29-2002, 12:21 PM   #29
EverlastingGlaze
Ownz

I have the grab bag but I can't get it open or there's nothing inside! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif HeLP!!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2002, 12:37 PM   #30
skippy
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by avian chaos:
We [my brother] bought the game last Sunday & I have barely let myself go from it for one second. Every minute of my life ,no matter what I'm doing ,all that is racing through my mind is "I could be playing 'Animal Crossing' right now!"

We got the grab bag ,but my brother took all the stuff & left me with nothing. He thinks he's hot shit because he's got 2000+ points from the HRA ,but really he's just cold diarrhea.

p.s. has anyone gotten a basement added onto their home yet? I finished paying off my debt for the second remodelling earlier today ,but Tom Nook has been closed ALL freakin' day because he's remodelling to make his store larger. Fuckin' asshole.

My boyfriend bought me the strategy guide as an early birthday present ,& it comes in really handy. I recommend getting one if yr into collecting stuff for the museum ,selling bugs & fish or making the HRA happy with feng shui & shit. It has charts that tell you how much a fish/bug/fossil is worth ,& where you can find it during what month & what time of the day.

LASTLY BUT NOT LEASTLY: does anyone here have Mint in their town? I fucking hate that squirrely bitch. I straight up chopped down the cherry tree in front of her house ,just because I could.

Haha sounds like you have caught the AC bug too. I got a letter from the HRA today and they gave me over 10,000 points. I don't know why really, my place is a wreck. I'm just starting to pay off my second mortgage so so second level or basement for me yet. You should trade with us!