Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2002, 11:47 PM   #1
Smashing Corgan
Oblivious Virgin
 
Location: Chicago
Posts: 38
Post You got to read this shit!

This is from the z-board, I almost died laughing.

Dear Mr. Corgan,
I really really hope you read this. I don't know how to say this. I've written this letter about 50 different times and it's never right, so I'll just come out and say it. I'm your daughter. My name is Adelaide Skyla DeLango, but everybody just calls me Skye. I just turned eleven years old on July 16 and I'm going into 6th grade at Astoria Middle School next year.

My mom always told me my dad died in a car crash, but she told me the truth just a few days ago. Since then I went to your website, www.smashingpumpkins.com, and found out some stuff about you from the people there (also got harassed). But anyway, the main thing I found out was that you aren't in that band anymore so I'd have better luck getting in contact with you if I posted on the www.zwan.com message board. So here I am.

Okay, so my mom's name is Judith DeLango. She was a nursing major at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You met her when The Smashing Pumpkins performed there, and according to her, you were both at a party after the show where there was a lot of drugs. And now I'm here.

I feel really really weird telling the whole story here because it's a message board and like everybody's gonna read it, so I'll just finish here. If you get in touch, I'll tell you much more about me. I really really want to meet you and I hope you want to meet me too.

E-mail me at skye716@cutey.com or instant-message me at RockosModernSkye if you want my home address.

Please please please please PLEASE get in contact with me somehow. This message board was the only way I could find to talk to you but if you'd only e-mail me or something maybe we could talk? And maybe we could arrange a meeting or something? I hope you read this.

Sincerely,
Skye


__________________
We just think it's cool to show people we have a sitar... So cool that we can't even get it open.
-Billy Corgan
from Vieuphoria

 
Smashing Corgan is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 12:08 AM   #2
Crono
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Crono's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,265
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Smashing Corgan:
This is from the z-board, I almost died laughing.

Dear Mr. Corgan,
I really really hope you read this. I don't know how to say this. I've written this letter about 50 different times and it's never right, so I'll just come out and say it. I'm your daughter. My name is Adelaide Skyla DeLango, but everybody just calls me Skye. I just turned eleven years old on July 16 and I'm going into 6th grade at Astoria Middle School next year.

My mom always told me my dad died in a car crash, but she told me the truth just a few days ago. Since then I went to your website, www.smashingpumpkins.com, and found out some stuff about you from the people there (also got harassed). But anyway, the main thing I found out was that you aren't in that band anymore so I'd have better luck getting in contact with you if I posted on the www.zwan.com message board. So here I am.

Okay, so my mom's name is Judith DeLango. She was a nursing major at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You met her when The Smashing Pumpkins performed there, and according to her, you were both at a party after the show where there was a lot of drugs. And now I'm here.

I feel really really weird telling the whole story here because it's a message board and like everybody's gonna read it, so I'll just finish here. If you get in touch, I'll tell you much more about me. I really really want to meet you and I hope you want to meet me too.

E-mail me at skye716@cutey.com or instant-message me at RockosModernSkye if you want my home address.

Please please please please PLEASE get in contact with me somehow. This message board was the only way I could find to talk to you but if you'd only e-mail me or something maybe we could talk? And maybe we could arrange a meeting or something? I hope you read this.

Sincerely,
Skye

don't lie, this was all you


 
Crono is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 12:20 AM   #3
JoaoMiguel
Demi-God
 
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 372
Post

Poor baby...

 
JoaoMiguel is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 12:26 AM   #4
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: vortex of lost souls
Posts: 1,246
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Smashing Corgan:

she told me the truth just a few days ago.

"Baby, your father is this man. Mullets were foxy then"

http://www.mulletlovers.com/images/billymullet.jpg

 
New Art Rioter is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 01:01 AM   #5
Cherub Angel
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Cherub Angel's Avatar
 
Location: nowhere, IL
Posts: 2,466
Post

oh dear. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Cherub Angel (edited 08-08-2002).]

 
Cherub Angel is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 01:21 AM   #6
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!
 
Dead's Avatar
 
Location: Veronica Mars played with my Wii.
Posts: 39,203
Thumbs up

Looks credible to me.
__________________
I like video games, Spider-Man, and long walks on the beach.

 
Dead is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 01:28 AM   #7
Brandont_h
Ownz
 
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 838
Post

B0llay is teh father!

To teh Zboard!!!1

-Brandon [I wonder. . .]

------------------
oh and you little bad traders list dont even work
i get trades all the time
and i must say my list looks way better then yours

-Vinny Giordano
__________________
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

-- Doctor Hunter S. Thompson: 1937-2005

 
Brandont_h is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 01:29 AM   #8
sarasvati
Apocalyptic Poster
 
sarasvati's Avatar
 
Location: dundas, ontario
Posts: 2,536
Post

hahaha.

If b0lly was really her dad, I think she would be able to get in contact with him other than through the Z-board. 'nuff said.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Humble Chef

FUCK TO YOU i cooking for only for sarasvati!

 
sarasvati is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 01:47 AM   #9
Brandont_h
Ownz
 
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 838
Post

Not necessarily lauren. One night stand, bollay and teh woman never see each other again. . . It could happen!!

-Brandon [I need a drink!]

------------------
oh and you little bad traders list dont even work
i get trades all the time
and i must say my list looks way better then yours

-Vinny Giordano
__________________
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

-- Doctor Hunter S. Thompson: 1937-2005

 
Brandont_h is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 01:53 AM   #10
andysong
Apocalyptic Poster
 
andysong's Avatar
 
Location: you had me at hello
Posts: 1,025
Post

it looks like a lot of work went into that post, so many full stops and stuff. I don't know many 11 year olds that can punctuate that well.

 
andysong is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 02:03 AM   #11
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!
 
Dead's Avatar
 
Location: Veronica Mars played with my Wii.
Posts: 39,203
Red face

I think its real.
__________________
I like video games, Spider-Man, and long walks on the beach.

 
Dead is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 02:10 AM   #12
Nidhogg
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Nidhogg's Avatar
 
Location: modulating my God module
Posts: 1,104
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Smashing Corgan:
This is from the z-board, I almost died laughing.

Dear Mr. Corgan,
I really really hope you read this. I don't know how to say this. I've written this letter about 50 different times and it's never right, so I'll just come out and say it. I'm your daughter. My name is Adelaide Skyla DeLango, but everybody just calls me Skye. I just turned eleven years old on July 16 and I'm going into 6th grade at Astoria Middle School next year.

My mom always told me my dad died in a car crash, but she told me the truth just a few days ago. Since then I went to your website, www.smashingpumpkins.com, and found out some stuff about you from the people there (also got harassed). But anyway, the main thing I found out was that you aren't in that band anymore so I'd have better luck getting in contact with you if I posted on the www.zwan.com message board. So here I am.

Okay, so my mom's name is Judith DeLango. She was a nursing major at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You met her when The Smashing Pumpkins performed there, and according to her, you were both at a party after the show where there was a lot of drugs. And now I'm here.

I feel really really weird telling the whole story here because it's a message board and like everybody's gonna read it, so I'll just finish here. If you get in touch, I'll tell you much more about me. I really really want to meet you and I hope you want to meet me too.

E-mail me at skye716@cutey.com or instant-message me at RockosModernSkye if you want my home address.

Please please please please PLEASE get in contact with me somehow. This message board was the only way I could find to talk to you but if you'd only e-mail me or something maybe we could talk? And maybe we could arrange a meeting or something? I hope you read this.

Sincerely,
Skye

If b0lly had a nickel for everytime heard that...well...he'd be a rich b0lly.



------------------
IN MEMORY OF CHAD KENNEDY

 
Nidhogg is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 02:12 AM   #13
relaxor!
Apocalyptic Poster
 
relaxor!'s Avatar
 
Posts: 3,691
Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Dead:
I think its real.
I'm retarted, but I do too.



------------------
http://www.maritime.org/conf/conf-im...jons-fig12.gif
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 
relaxor! is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 02:17 AM   #14
Boycott Graceland
Socialphobic
 
Boycott Graceland's Avatar
 
Location: leprechaun julius
Posts: 10,326
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by sarasvati:

If b0lly was really her dad, I think she would be able to get in contact with him other than through the Z-board. 'nuff said.
oh yeah, you just know billy passed along his telapathy to his offspring.

[This message has been edited by Boycott Graceland (edited 08-08-2002).]
__________________






 
Boycott Graceland is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 02:35 AM   #15
sarasvati
Apocalyptic Poster
 
sarasvati's Avatar
 
Location: dundas, ontario
Posts: 2,536
Post

I'm sure they could do something about it, legally...get in touch with him...prove it with DNA testing and all that...I can't believe you guys are buying into all this, heheh. Especially when people have tried to do this before!

You could always email the girl yourself and ask for more info. heh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Humble Chef

FUCK TO YOU i cooking for only for sarasvati!

 
sarasvati is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 02:56 AM   #16
Chewbacca
Ownz
 
Posts: 658
Post

http://www.jonimitchell.com/SpeakEasy/Shocked.jpg
wtf!?

------------------
http://www.emotioneric.com/realeric.jpg
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 
Chewbacca is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 08:02 AM   #17
The Gaddrow
Minion of Satan
 
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 7,046
Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Dead:
I think its real.
I think you are high.

 
The Gaddrow is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 10:45 AM   #18
Smiley
Moderator
 
Smiley's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 889
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Smashing Corgan:
[b]I've written this letter about 50 different times and it's never right, so I'll just come out and say it.[/B/
Quote:
Originally posted by Smashing Corgan:
she told me the truth just a few days ago.

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
http://www.suicidekiss.org
__________________
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc

 
Smiley is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 11:17 AM   #19
DeviousJ
CORNFROST
 
DeviousJ's Avatar
 
Location: GUREITO DESU YO
Posts: 24,906
Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Nidhogg:
If b0lly had a nickel for everytime heard that...well...he'd be a rich b0lly.

But he is rich - meaning he's heard it millions of times, and by the law of averages that means he has hundreds of illegitimate children!
__________________

 
DeviousJ is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 05:55 PM   #20
Injektilo
twenty some years....
 
Injektilo's Avatar
 
Location: the isle of the cheetah
Posts: 5,069
Post

Yeah, that looks wayyy to well written to be by an eleven year old. My sister is 16 and couldn't write that.


hmm... SPFC says sp played at Marquette U in Nov 1990. Thats pretty easy to throw in for authenticitys sake though.

 
Injektilo is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 06:12 PM   #21
Boycott Graceland
Socialphobic
 
Boycott Graceland's Avatar
 
Location: leprechaun julius
Posts: 10,326
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Injektilo:
Yeah, that looks wayyy to well written to be by an eleven year old. My sister is 16 and couldn't write that.


hmm... SPFC says sp played at Marquette U in Nov 1990. Thats pretty easy to throw in for authenticitys sake though.
i'd like to see that conversation.

"honey, you're eleven years old now. you're a big girl. you're old enough to know that you're the result of a drug fueled one night stand."
__________________






 
Boycott Graceland is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 06:15 PM   #22
Nidhogg
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Nidhogg's Avatar
 
Location: modulating my God module
Posts: 1,104
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by DeviousJ:
But he is rich - meaning he's heard it millions of times, and by the law of averages that means he has hundreds of illegitimate children!
Well, B0llly is a pimp. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/eek.gif



------------------
Sgt. Baker is my name
I'm gonna teach you how to play the game of warfare.

"I smell like vitamin C, rose oil, and old dirty socks."
-Flea

 
Nidhogg is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 06:47 PM   #23
Undone
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Undone's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,339
Talking

I don't care how fake it is, it's still entertaining. As someone pointed out before, at least they went through the small trouble of getting the time period right. And Billy and Jimmy would go looking for chicks during this time haha so I wouldn't be too surprised if there were some kids out there, regardless of the authenticity of this letter.
__________________
AIM: Sickly Heroic Me


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 
Undone is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 06:48 PM   #24
DeviousJ
CORNFROST
 
DeviousJ's Avatar
 
Location: GUREITO DESU YO
Posts: 24,906
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Undone:
I don't care how fake it is, it's still entertaining. As someone pointed out before, at least they went through the small trouble of getting the time period right. And Billy and Jimmy would go looking for chicks during this time haha so I wouldn't be too surprised if there were some kids out there, regardless of the authenticity of this letter.
You mean like Jimmy and the one-legged girl?
__________________

 
DeviousJ is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 06:48 PM   #25
Undone
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Undone's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,339
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley:
Maybe she writes a lot.


__________________
AIM: Sickly Heroic Me


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 
Undone is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 06:50 PM   #26
Undone
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Undone's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,339
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by DeviousJ:
You mean like Jimmy and the one-legged girl?
Oh god.
__________________
AIM: Sickly Heroic Me


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 
Undone is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 07:33 PM   #27
DeviousJ
CORNFROST
 
DeviousJ's Avatar
 
Location: GUREITO DESU YO
Posts: 24,906
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Undone:
Oh god.
I really should transcribe that interview
__________________

 
DeviousJ is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 07:35 PM   #28
THRILLHO
Apocalyptic Poster
 
THRILLHO's Avatar
 
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,092
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Smashing Corgan:
This is from the z-board, I almost died laughing.

Dear Mr. Corgan,
I really really hope you read this. I don't know how to say this. I've written this letter about 50 different times and it's never right, so I'll just come out and say it. I'm your daughter.
i seriously spat out my ice cream at that part
__________________
email me if you gotta.
a couple more for breakfeast, a little more for tea
just to take the edge off.
i don't need my eyes to see.
my eyes have only lied to me.
swallow what you've been given
and your visions will outlive them.

 
THRILLHO is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 08:12 PM   #29
Mood ring
Ownz
 
Location: Between Sun and Moon
Posts: 622
Thumbs up

Quote:
"Mullets were foxy then"
Mullets will always be cool!!!

 
Mood ring is offline
Old 08-08-2002, 08:14 PM   #30
sarasvati
Apocalyptic Poster
 
sarasvati's Avatar
 
Location: dundas, ontario
Posts: 2,536
Post

who's to say she's really 11 though? some 40 year old man could have written this, you know.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Humble Chef

FUCK TO YOU i cooking for only for sarasvati!

 
sarasvati is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014