Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2018, 02:04 AM   #1951
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
this is exactly the kind of stuff that the board abounds with these days, that makes me think fuzzy has a point there.
honestly, I'd prefer that people would just do that if they're absolutely not willing to give me a chance, or a 2nd or 3rd chance or whatever it may be. There's no use to just be hating on one another. Using the ignore feature would be the most sensible thing to do.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:06 AM   #1952
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
the only solution is to ban or mute fuzzy, and that's the truth. He will never change. he feeds off any kind of recognition including negative attention, but it doesn't really matter to him. he is desperate to be noticed, and just like donald trump, is totally fine with acting like an offensive unhinged piece of shit in order to force people to respond. I have previously suggested everyone put fuzzy on ignore, but it won't happen. He gets responded to and quoted all the time, and for good reason.... he's a horrible sack of shit and I think the Trump phenomenon shows us that ignoring someone like this doesn't make them go away. the only solution is to take away his platform to speak here.
You're giving me all this perceived power. The ignore feature works like a charm. It's the sensible way to deal with someone that you don't wish to converse with. I use the feature like crazy.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:10 AM   #1953
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You're giving me all this perceived power. The ignore feature works like a charm. It's the sensible way to deal with someone that you don't wish to converse with. I use the feature like crazy.
go to hell you subhuman motherfucker

Old 01-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #1954
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Great pics, everyone.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:46 PM   #1955
yo soy el mejor

ryan always talks like he's someone people should listen to

Old 01-14-2018, 03:48 PM   #1956
yo soy el mejor

he and took objectify women plenty but think it's okay cause they're hipster and don't wear trucker hats
'

Old 01-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #1957
yo soy el mejor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Great pics, everyone.
thx i gave myself that haircut

Old 01-14-2018, 04:07 PM   #1958
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

jesus fucking christ

Old 01-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #1959
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

could you try posting in one topic without patronizing someone else

ms 'you always bark at me for no reason'

Old 01-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #1960
FoolofaTook

Y S E M has hair on her arms. Like me, only less. I pointed that out. What is sexist about that?

And father fucking is anti patriarchy/making up for all the motherfucking jokes. i didn't mean to do it to make fun of gay people but maybe i will give it a break.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:37 PM   #1961
FoolofaTook

Fuzzy I flirt with gay men a lot in real life. For real. It's not mockery. I don't know what I am but I'm definitely not straight.

As far as misogyny is concerned, yeah I'm concerned a bit. Biut I made a female friend and am meeting her for the second time on Tuesday so hopefully I can normalize a bit. Maybe.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #1962
LaBelle
Socialphobic

fwiw, I don't find those jokes offensive because they mostly read as mocking homophobes to me.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #1963
FoolofaTook

Hmm. I don't know. A lot of the gay stuff I say is supposed to be humorous. And why? Because I'm not gay right? So acting gay is funny. Which means that being gay is funny. Which is mockery.

Fuzzy is probably right.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:03 PM   #1964
LaBelle
Socialphobic

The notion that anyone can "act gay" is a lot more offensive. That is stereotyping and implying there is a specific way all gay people behave, which is absolutely not true.

To me being gay involves a whole lot more than just having sex with someone of the same sex. While making sex jokes is just that, making sex jokes. Using same-sex examples for those jokes can help normalize it in a way, since sex is sex no matter which two people are having it.

To be perfectly clear, i'm not trying to arbiter who is right or wrong here or trying to imply my opinion is "more right" than anyone. It really isn't, it's just my own opinion.
And a the end of the day you should do whatever makes you feel comfortable and if you think the jokes are inappropriate that's totally fine.

I just want to add my own perspective because I find this particular topic more nuanced and interesting than a "is this offensive yes or no" thing.

Last edited by LaBelle : 01-14-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:26 PM   #1965
FoolofaTook

Yes, you are right. I will stop.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:26 PM   #1966
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Fuzzy I flirt with gay men a lot in real life. For real. It's not mockery. I don't know what I am but I'm definitely not straight.

As far as misogyny is concerned, yeah I'm concerned a bit. Biut I made a female friend and am meeting her for the second time on Tuesday so hopefully I can normalize a bit. Maybe.
After reading what I typed, I was definitely unfairly hard on you man. I was just drunk and making it all about myself... "Why don't they rip this guy!? He's saying shit that I would be roasted for!" I guess it was just a reaction to always being labeled this and that. I like to think that it doesn't bug me, but I guess in some way it kind of does.

I just feel like we need better checks and balances around here, instead of everyone ripping on the whipping boy while ignoring any rude stuff from people of their own "ilk".

I think Trotsky should be brought back (if he would even wanna return for a 3rd time)... If I had to erect a statue for the "face of Netphoria" Trotskies definitely the dude.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #1967
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
thx i gave myself that haircut
I was gonna ask if you got one, but I wasn't sure if your hair was just behind your shoulders. It looks good!

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 01-14-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #1968
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Y S E M has hair on her arms. Like me, only less. I pointed that out. What is sexist about that?
Why even bother making a comment about it? It was obvious you were trying to ridicule her femininity.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #1969
redbreegull

Quote:
I think Trotsky should be brought back (if he would even wanna return for a 3rd time)... If I had to erect a statue for the "face of Netphoria" Trotskies definitely the dude.
could you possibly suck his dick any harder?

Old 01-14-2018, 06:36 PM   #1970
fuzzyroes
Banned

Well, there's something unjust about the face of Netphoria being iced out of the community that he practically built with his own 2 hands.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:38 PM   #1971
fuzzyroes
Banned

Dude was the main attraction for ages, and he wasn't biased when he called people out. We need more of that kind of integrity around here.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #1972
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Sorry, guys. I was drunk and acting like an ass.

Now that I'm sober, watch as I repeat more or less identical sentiments like a broken record, incapable of learning and personal progress as I've always been.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #1973
fuzzyroes
Banned

I don't think I was necessarily acting like an ass. I had a point to make, but I think I just made it too much at Tooks expense... It's better to sleep on it and look at it with a clear head and then apologize where need be then begrudgingly stand by it.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #1974
Elphenor
Braindead

I need to learn to cut my own hair

annoyed the holy fuck outta this hairdresser by not knowing really what I wanted done to my hair today

"ummm, how about just a little shorter"

"this is haircut number 4"

Old 01-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #1975
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Yeah, great idea.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:45 PM   #1976
Elphenor
Braindead

I gave a big tip I feel like that should absolve me at least

Old 01-14-2018, 06:45 PM   #1977
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

fozzy, what's your favorite Everclear deep cut?

Old 01-14-2018, 06:46 PM   #1978
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I need to learn to cut my own hair

annoyed the holy fuck outta this hairdresser by not knowing really what I wanted done to my hair today

"ummm, how about just a little shorter"

"this is haircut number 4"
I go to a place that charges $12 and tell 'em to clip that shit down to half an inch. I go back two months later for the same thing.

It pays to not think too hard about your hair.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:49 PM   #1979
Elphenor
Braindead

the funny thing is that it's not that I care about my hair, it's that I now have a job that requires me to be taken seriously

and so I had to figure out how to get a serious haircut without going very short which I feel is not kind to my elongated face

Old 01-14-2018, 06:52 PM   #1980
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Yeah, I get it. I have a job that requires I care as well, but thankfully the buzzcut works for me and my face. By week two, it grows into the perfect length and I look appropriately spiffy for the next five weeks or so.