Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2016, 06:44 PM   #1
JOEBIALEK
Amish Rake Fighter

Default ELECTORAL COLLEGE

The debate has started again as to whether the US Constitution should be amended in order to change the presidential election process. Some promote
eliminating the Electoral College in favor of a direct popular vote for president while others believe the Electoral College should remain unchanged. Just as compromise solved the initial problems of the framers so it is that compromise can solve this problem. The solution is to change the electoral votes to electoral points and reward each candidate a percentage of points based on the percentage of popular votes received in each state.

This would eliminate the "winner take all" system thus allowing for all the votes to count. A voter is more apt to believe their vote counted when a percentage of popular votes are taken into account rather than the "all or nothing" system currently in existence. Further, this new system would integrate the desire for a popular vote for president with the need for the individual states to determine who actually gets elected.

As for political primaries the number of delegates awarded in each state should be determined by the percentage of votes won by each candidate.

For 2016 multiplying the percentage of votes each candidate received {in each state} times the number of electoral votes {in each state} results in the following: Clinton 256.985 and Trump 253.482.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
JOEBIALEK
Amish Rake Fighter

Poots, sticks and stones may break my bones but you are still one dumb hillbilly...

Old 12-27-2016, 02:53 AM   #3
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

what up JOEBIALIK personally I think we should smash the electoral college

Old 12-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #4
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEBIALEK View Post
The debate has started again as to whether the US Constitution should be amended in order to change the presidential election process. Some promote
eliminating the Electoral College in favor of a direct popular vote for president while others believe the Electoral College should remain unchanged. Just as compromise solved the initial problems of the framers so it is that compromise can solve this problem. The solution is to change the electoral votes to electoral points and reward each candidate a percentage of points based on the percentage of popular votes received in each state.

This would eliminate the "winner take all" system thus allowing for all the votes to count. A voter is more apt to believe their vote counted when a percentage of popular votes are taken into account rather than the "all or nothing" system currently in existence. Further, this new system would integrate the desire for a popular vote for president with the need for the individual states to determine who actually gets elected.

As for political primaries the number of delegates awarded in each state should be determined by the percentage of votes won by each candidate.

For 2016 multiplying the percentage of votes each candidate received {in each state} times the number of electoral votes {in each state} results in the following: Clinton 256.985 and Trump 253.482.

If dumbass liberals [redundant] wish to change the rules, go ahead. They've had New York and Cali locked up for decades now, but if y'all want to put 'em back in play for the R's, keep pushing this.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:51 PM   #5
redbreegull

you know at least the third reich was stylish.

now all you guys have is sickly pockmarked basement dwellers and reject gym teachers

Old 12-27-2016, 09:30 PM   #6
The Omega Concern
Banned

Ought you be thanking Trump by now for hiring a Zionist ambassador to Israel to counter the crypto-muslim in chief who just backstabbed that country yet again the other day?

Old 12-27-2016, 09:52 PM   #7
redbreegull

no, I don't support Jewish fascism or any other kind of fascism because I don't feel crippling inadequacy over the size of my penis

Old 12-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #8
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

all jews support israel blindly don't you know?

except every jew I've ever had an extensive conversation about the conflict with IRL, who at the very least have a moderate opinion

Old 12-27-2016, 11:02 PM   #9
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
no, I don't support Jewish fascism or any other kind of fascism because I don't feel crippling inadequacy over the size of my penis

So you think its fair O and the U.N. criminalize a bunch of Israeli's for living in certain regions of the country?

Point is, Obama, like most foaming at the mouth libs these days, don't lose with dignity. Worse yet, O is doing all he can to muck things up for the next administration at a time most lame ducks take the ceremonial bow out while pardoning some cronies.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:08 PM   #10
redbreegull

The West Bank is not part of Israel, it's an illegal annexation project

Old 01-05-2017, 02:03 AM   #11
FoolofaTook

Richard Gere
Gerbil
Rectum

such alliterative potential! Thank you, friend poots!