Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
dsheinem
Demi-God

Default Want to sell a giant lot of Smashing Pumpkins Live CDs, DVDs, casettes & VHS

I collected Smashing Pumpkins/Zwan/Corgan (and related) concerts for most of the last fifteen years, and have 3 drawer filing cabinet full of shows on CDR/DVD, a box full of cassette tapes, and a smaller collection of stuff on VHS as well. 90%+ of the shows are labeled with setlists, source info, and more and everything has been kept in individual plastic sleeves. I was quite meticulous with keeping track of everything and was pretty active on AMSP, here on Netphoria, and on the DC++ hub for quite some time.

I haven't even opened that cabinet to listen to anything for about three years, so I figured it was time to let the stuff go to someone who would actually appreciate it. I am not looking to make much money for the stuff (less than the cost of all the blank media), but I feel it is worth a little bit as it represents thousands of hours of work and a hefty investment in CDrs, DVDrs, tapes, etc. If that's considered taboo let me know, but I don't just want to give the stuff away for nothing.

An old trade list (which doesn't account for everything included) can be found here: http://web.archive.org/web/200709230...a/pumpkins.htm

I will probably keep 30-40 of these shows for myself (mostly common shows with SBD quality), but the majority of them I probably won't listen to and will be happy to get rid of. I only want to sell it/trade it as an entire lot as I am not interested in going through everything piece by piece. The entire thing is quite heavy and would cost a ton to mail, so regional pick up is the best bet. My zip is 17820, and I would be willing to drive the stuff up to an hour to meet someone.

Pictures:

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...m/SALE/sp1.jpg
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...m/SALE/sp2.jpg
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...m/SALE/sp3.jpghttp://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...m/SALE/sp4.jpghttp://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...m/SALE/sp5.jpg
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...m/SALE/sp6.jpg

Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

Last edited by dsheinem : 08-10-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Ok redbull..what do we need?

Good to see you again dsheinem

Old 08-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
jimmy drevpile
Ownz

Does anyone else have the: 08/12/03 - "Jimmy Drum Clinic" that they'd like to share?

Cheers.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy drevpile View Post
Does anyone else have the: 08/12/03 - "Jimmy Drum Clinic" that they'd like to share?

Cheers.
I have them but if someone else wants to up them that would be amazing

Quote:
jimmy chamberlain drum clinic wav's originally recorded 8-12-03 by jon steege.
direct any questions or comments to sanimalp at hotmail.com.

the original wavs from the drum clinic have file size jimmyclinic1wav.wav = 493,600 kb, and
jimmyclinic2wav.wav = 223,567 kb.

one last note, a crescendo'ing high pitched squeel can be heard periodically throughout the recording,
that noise is the camera flash charging up on the dude's camera who was sitting in front of me.
sooo... sorry...

Old 08-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
redbull
Immortal

I live in Illinois. Could maybe pick them up...

Old 08-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
jimmy drevpile
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaldz View Post
I have them but if someone else wants to up them that would be amazing
do you have on the hub?

Old 08-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
do you have on the hub?
No, only at home, sorry

Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I live in Illinois. Could maybe pick them up...
Road trip!! Just make sure Monte hasn't already hopped in the car to try and get there before you to find stuff to hoard.....Turning into the new Quinto?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #9
dsheinem
Demi-God

Quote:
Road trip!! Just make sure Monte hasn't already hopped in the car to try and get there before you to find stuff to hoard.....Turning into the new Quinto?
I'm about 10 hours from Chicago...quite a long trip!

There are probably a few pieces in here that have seen only limited circulation and maybe just one or two that haven't really gotten out - but they are things that people probably wouldn't be especially interested in (things like short video clips from a 2000 show, marginally better quality versions of circulating stuff, etc.). I'll let whoever takes them decide what to do with them. When I was active in trading, I made it a point to put out whatever I had to a wide audience. So this isn't a hoarder's purse.

As to why I am getting rid of the stuff - I still have a fond appreciation for the band and even go so far as to at least check out the new stuff when it comes out . But, I just can't see myself going back and listening to more than a few favorite shows from each tour any more. This stuff takes up room that I'd rather have for other things. That said, I remember quite well how much fun it was to collect entire tours (or parts of tours), compare various sources, and listen to a song evolve over a string of dates. If you are interested in doing the same things, this is a great collection to have.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
jimmy drevpile
Ownz

Quote:
No, only at home, sorry
Ah, darn. Anyone else then? pleases.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #11
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Arrow

Quote:

Cheers.
i don't know!

Old 08-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsheinem View Post
I'm about 10 hours from Chicago...quite a long trip!

There are probably a few pieces in here that have seen only limited circulation and maybe just one or two that haven't really gotten out - but they are things that people probably wouldn't be especially interested in (things like short video clips from a 2000 show, marginally better quality versions of circulating stuff, etc.). I'll let whoever takes them decide what to do with them. When I was active in trading, I made it a point to put out whatever I had to a wide audience. So this isn't a hoarder's purse.

As to why I am getting rid of the stuff - I still have a fond appreciation for the band and even go so far as to at least check out the new stuff when it comes out . But, I just can't see myself going back and listening to more than a few favorite shows from each tour any more. This stuff takes up room that I'd rather have for other things. That said, I remember quite well how much fun it was to collect entire tours (or parts of tours), compare various sources, and listen to a song evolve over a string of dates. If you are interested in doing the same things, this is a great collection to have.

hmmm. well I have a friend who lives up near Rochester (MN), maybe I could get over to you from there? I'll send you a PM

Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #13
eyesofruby32
Demi-God

Nice collection dude. Wish I had a bigger collection of SP things. I especially wish I had a disc of the one SP show I went to in '96; the Portland, Maine show on November 4th. I was pretty stoned during the show, and only remember some of it. It was incredibly loud; I've been to a great many concerts since that night, and the SP show is still the loudest and most bombastic. My ears were ringing for around three days after the SP show, but was completely worth it!

Old 08-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #14
dsheinem
Demi-God

No interest? I really am only looking to make a very minimal amount for all this stuff (not even the cost of all the once-blank media) - probably somewhere around $100. If you want to pick it up, let me know.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #15
Shallowed
Braindead

Location: http://forums.netphoria.org/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=16711

I'm quite interested in someone being interested.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #16
dsheinem
Demi-God

these are still available...

Old 09-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #17
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

$5 for the lot.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #18
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

i would be interested if i lived in the states, i'm sure someone will come through eventually

Old 10-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #19
dsheinem
Demi-God

bump

Old 10-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #20
redbull
Immortal

-del-

thought you lived in iowa for some reason

Old 10-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #21
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesofruby32 View Post
Nice collection dude. Wish I had a bigger collection of SP things. I especially wish I had a disc of the one SP show I went to in '96; the Portland, Maine show on November 4th. I was pretty stoned during the show, and only remember some of it. It was incredibly loud; I've been to a great many concerts since that night, and the SP show is still the loudest and most bombastic. My ears were ringing for around three days after the SP show, but was completely worth it!
Smashing Pumpkins Live at Cumberland County Civic Center on 1996-11-04 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Old 10-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #22
jimmy drevpile
Ownz

Quote:
No, only at home, sorry
Are you home yet?

Old 10-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #23
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsheinem View Post
bump
How much of this collection can I just dowload for free?