Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Default so how bout that catholic church

Report Details Abuses in Irish Reformatories

"LONDON — Tens of thousands of Irish children were sexually, physically and emotionally abused by nuns, priests and others over 60 years in a network of church-run residential schools meant to care for the poor, the vulnerable and the unwanted, according to a report released in Dublin on Wednesday."

Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

that shit is HOT

Old 05-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
sleeper
Minion of Satan

i would seriously be interested in what you catholics think of this

at what point does the "bad apples" fallback wear too thin?

how high up the church hierarchy and how systematic must this abuse be before it sorta becomes too much?

Old 05-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickbadthing View Post
that shit is HOT

“Punching, flogging, assault and bodily attacks, hitting with the hand, kicking, ear pulling, hair pulling, head shaving, beating on the soles of the feet, burning, scalding, stabbing, severe beatings with or without clothes, being made to kneel and stand in fixed positions for lengthy periods, made to sleep outside overnight, being forced into cold or excessively hot baths and showers, hosed down with cold water before being beaten, beaten while hanging from hooks on the wall, being set upon by dogs, being restrained in order to be beaten, physical assaults by more than one person, and having objects thrown at them.”

Old 05-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
barden
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
“Punching, flogging, assault and bodily attacks, hitting with the hand, kicking, ear pulling, hair pulling, head shaving, beating on the soles of the feet, burning, scalding, stabbing, severe beatings with or without clothes, being made to kneel and stand in fixed positions for lengthy periods, made to sleep outside overnight, being forced into cold or excessively hot baths and showers, hosed down with cold water before being beaten, beaten while hanging from hooks on the wall, being set upon by dogs, being restrained in order to be beaten, physical assaults by more than one person, and having objects thrown at them.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickbadthing View Post
that shit is HOT
he posted the article, he read it's contents, the man knows what he's talking about!!

Old 05-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

TINWOP

Old 05-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
Joe
Apocalyptic Poster

i really thought this was the apeal of the catholic church

Old 05-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

this is what you get when the state is hand-in-glove with religion. a culture of immunity develops, which in turn attracts those most likely to abuse the benefits of it. it is the same story with any organization that is considered above suspicion: care homes, foster parents, scout troop leaders...

Old 05-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #9
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
i would seriously be interested in what you catholics think of this
What do you think we would think about this? "Go molest/abuse children" isnt exactly catholic dogma.

My personal view, anyone who did it should be charged, and anyone who covered it up should be kicked out/charged.

Quote:

at what point does the "bad apples" fallback wear too thin?
What "fallback" is more accurate? Some catholics =/= all catholics. Is abuse disproportionately higher in the Catholic church relative to other churches, especially given the size of the catholic church? If it is, then maybe you would have a point. Otherwise I'm not sure what answer you're looking for here.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:50 PM   #10
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
i am so turned on. hopefully, since i'm having a catholic wedding, my marriage contains lots of this!

Old 05-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #11
gpub
Minion of Satan

Location: You's guys dont's likes the Toki... Well fucks you's

maybe those 3 chicks in your avatar will show up and it turns into a fucking rager

Old 05-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #12
gpub
Minion of Satan

Location: You's guys dont's likes the Toki... Well fucks you's

oh, "and you should of done your holy homework"

Old 05-22-2009, 01:11 AM   #13
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan

i generally am annoyed by any sort of theist but ones who identify themselves as catholic tend to irritate me in their own little way.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:23 AM   #14
ATS
Apocalyptic Poster

who's to say that stuff wouldn't have happened even if they weren't catholic

Old 05-22-2009, 02:39 AM   #15
Starla

sleeper hardly posts & when he does it's about sexual crap on children

Old 05-22-2009, 02:45 AM   #16
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

the report was released by a notoriously anti-Catholic group and it was reported and dramatized by the New York Times, which is also anti-Catholic

Old 05-22-2009, 04:19 AM   #17
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

man when i was younger if my big bear of a priest had told me to suck his dick i would've said only if u suck mine first

then we would probably have high fived

this would have taken place before he was forced to move out of the uk for bragging about the size of his balls in gay chat rooms

Old 05-22-2009, 04:34 AM   #18
Mo
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
the report was released by a notoriously anti-Catholic group and it was reported and dramatized by the New York Times, which is also anti-Catholic
Shut the fuck up. After the release of said report it was further investigated by the Irish Times, which is definitely not "anti-Catholic". Then it was picked up by the NYT.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:38 AM   #19
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I'm not a catholic or anything but I'm pretty sure abuse can be inflicted on those of any religion and also those without. The same goes with the abusers themselves

Old 05-22-2009, 04:43 AM   #20
Starla

if it's coming from the irish, can we believe them ?!

Old 05-22-2009, 04:46 AM   #21
Starla

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ight/pic11.jpg

Old 05-22-2009, 05:10 AM   #22
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

priest vallon will kick all those child molestors asses.

"You plague our children at every turn, but let it be known, from this day forward ye shall plague them no more. For the hand that tries to touch a young bottom shall be swiftly cut down!"

Old 05-22-2009, 05:27 AM   #23
Toast
Apocalyptic Poster

Well, the Simpsons where Homer and Bart become Catholics is pretty funny, so... guess i'm gonna have to look the other way here.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:50 AM   #24
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
The first thing I thought while reading that was "Jesus Christ!!"

Old 05-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #25
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy View Post
What do you think we would this? "Go molest/ children" isnt exactly dogma.

My personal view, anyone who did it should be charged, and anyone who covered it up should be kicked out/charged.

What "fallback" is more accurate? Some catholics =/= all catholics. Is abuse disproportionately higher in the Catholic church relative to other churches, especially given the size of the catholic church? If it is, then maybe you would have a point. Otherwise I'm not sure what answer you're looking for here.
its not in the dogma, absolutely. but what worries me is how its behaviour that contradicts what is in the dogma (in other words, that religiosity is evidently no prophylactic against evil, contrary to what were to believe), and, more importantly, that the church has systematically covered their abuse up and protected the abusers. this really strikes to the core integrity of the institution. that something of this scale and severity could have gone on for so long is really damning of the church, i think.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:48 AM   #26
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
the report was released by a notoriously anti- group and it was reported and dramatized by , which is also anti-
by "notoriously anti-catholic group" do you mean "the irish government"?

seriously, i find this post stunning. tens of thousands of children were abused and your first impulse is to try paper over it with cheap smears.
what you need do to is explicitly say that you think the charges are false, dont just try to glide by on this moronic innuendo. if, though, you dont think the charges are false, then what the fuck are you saying? it could have been produced by the most anti-catholic group in the world and it wouldnt matter

Old 05-22-2009, 07:09 AM   #27
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

get off your high horse sleeper

its not like we don't all abuse a kid from time to time

Old 05-22-2009, 07:11 AM   #28
I'm Hardcore
Banned

english language is fucking useless

'abuse' and 'abuse' don't even sound the same, but they're spelled the same. ridiculous.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #29
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

pretty useful as a lingua franca

Old 05-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #30
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

After Nimrod's recent posting of items from the wildest of sources with weak, or really, completely absent senses of legitimacy his regular m.o. of questioning the source of every story he personally don't care for has gone from sad self-parody to desperate self-deluding.

Here's another gem:

Weakland says he didn't know priests' abuse was crime - JSOnline

In the early years of the sex abuse scandal in Milwaukee, retired Archbishop Rembert G. Weakland says in his soon-to-be released memoir, he did not comprehend the potential harm to victims or understand that what the priests had done constituted a crime.

"We all considered sexual abuse of minors as a moral evil, but had no understanding of its criminal nature," Weakland says in the book, "A Pilgrim in a Pilgrim Church," due out in June.

Weakland said he initially "accepted naively the common view that it was not necessary to worry about the effects on the youngsters: either they would not remember or they would 'grow out of it.' "

What's sad is that you still have Catholics, even right here in this thread, willing to downplay the fact that they're willfully and happily funding and supporting a huge organization which has members who have been fucking little kids up the ass for decades, maybe centuries and even worse, even more members who have worked to cover it up. Maybe you can make yourself feel better by telling yourself this would have happened even if they weren't Catholic, or that the church is huge so this sort of thing statistically was going to happen anyway, but that all changes when you have example after example of church leadership knowingly letting abuse continue or actively moving priests around or paying off victims to play cover up.

Everyday, on the ground Catholics serve an organization which uses brainwashing and fear of a false god based on superstition and magic to

a) get power
b) get money
c) fuck little kids
d) cover it up*

all for the benefit of a select few, which, you know, makes it seem weird that anybody would be Catholic. The problem is if any of these people were the least bit rational they wouldn't be Catholic at all, so as long as they believe they'll go to heaven if they telepathically communicate with a zombie jew that lives in the sky that sort of psychosis will always trump the fact that the culture of their leadership has a taste for sex with children.

*e) would probably be "hate women" but I digress