Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
smashingjj
Banned
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: Osama Bin Ladies Love Cool JJ
Posts: 32,524
Default top albums of 2006 according to netphoria.

i like lists.

we had enough of these threads, but nothing final. seeing as it's halfway december now, post your end of the year list in this thread and i'll compile a netphoria list out of all of these. which will happen somewhere in januari i think.

love, kisses,

Freddie Mercury

 
smashingjj is offline
Old 12-14-2006, 11:14 PM   #2
redbull
Immortal
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Location: like liutenant dan i'm rollin'
Posts: 21,033
Default

dont we already have this thread

 
redbull is offline
Old 12-14-2006, 11:27 PM   #3
smashingjj
Banned
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: Osama Bin Ladies Love Cool JJ
Posts: 32,524
Default

i thought that was just something random

this is the real deal

THE REAL DEAL

 
smashingjj is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 04:39 AM   #4
strange_one
No Chance
 
strange_one's Avatar
 
Location: Here
Posts: 13,798
Default



1. Joanna Newsom - Ys
2. Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings The Flood
3. I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends
4. Scott Walker - The Drift
5. Leafcutter John - The Forest & The Sea
6. The Drones - Gala Mill
7. Beach House - Beach House
8. Schneider TM - Skoda Mluvit
9. Espers - Espers II
10. The Concretes - In Colour

 
strange_one is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 04:42 AM   #5
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: Iceland
Posts: 4,669
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Me My Board!

2. Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings The Flood
swoons!


 
Fathoms (unadored) is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 04:51 AM   #6
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,874
Default

don't have an order yet, but here's what's prob going to be the top 15, alphabetical

Band of Horses- Everything All the Time
Asobi Seksu- Citrus
Blood Brothers- Young Machetes
Coup, The- Pick A Bigger Weapon
Decemberists- The Crane Wife
Kill Hannah- Until There’s Nothing Left Of Us
Mew- And the Glass Handed Kites
Murs- Murray’s Revenge
Raconteurs- Broken Boy Soldiers
The Secret Machines- 10 Silver Drops
Tech N9ne- Everready: The Religion
Thermals- The Body, The Blood. The Machine
Tilly and the Wall- Bottom of Barrels
Two Gallants- The Throes

 
D. is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 05:47 AM   #7
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,234
Default

1. Gnarls Barkley- St Elsewhere
2. Yo La Tengo- IANAOYAIWBYA
3. The Decemberists- The Crane Wife
4. The Beatles- Love
5. Pearl Jam- Pearl Jam
6. Bob Dylan- Modern Times
7. Campbell/Lanegan- Ballad of Broken Seas
8. Silversun Pickups- Carnavas
9. TV On the Radio- Retuern To Cookie Mountain
10. The Raconteurs- Broken Boy Soldiers
11. Augie March- Moo, You Bloody Choir
12. Easy Star All Stars- Radiodread
13. Johnny Cash- American V: A Hundred Highways
14. Roseanne Cash- Black Cadillac
15. Black Heart Procession- The Spell

Last edited by AndySlash : 01-11-2007 at 11:14 PM.

 
AndySlash is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 06:03 AM   #8
I'm Hardcore
Banned
 
I'm Hardcore's Avatar
 
Location: so 1994 I could die
Posts: 15,971
Default

are we allowed to flame the above lists? or just post our own?

 
I'm Hardcore is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 06:26 AM   #9
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,457
Default

1. Jesu - Silver
2. Tool - 10,000 Days
3. Battle Of Mice - A Day Of Nights
4. Sunn O))) and Boris - Altar
5. The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics
6. Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
7. Eleventh He Reaches London - The Good Fight For Harmony
EDIT 8. Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide
9. Mastodon - Blood Mountain
EDIT 210. Converge - No Heroes

Last edited by Sonic Johnny : 12-27-2006 at 11:19 AM.

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 06:27 AM   #10
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,643
Default

has netphoria stooped to the point of people asking permission to flame?

jesus christ

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 06:28 AM   #11
I'm Hardcore
Banned
 
I'm Hardcore's Avatar
 
Location: so 1994 I could die
Posts: 15,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious
has netphoria stooped to the point of people asking permission to flame?

jesus christ
you bastard, it was tongue in cheek

 
I'm Hardcore is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 08:58 AM   #12
Ever
Minion of Satan
 
Ever's Avatar
 
Location: ☆.。.:*・゜`★
Posts: 8,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious
has netphoria stooped to the point of people asking permission to flame?

jesus christ
...whatever happened to personal responsibility?

 
Ever is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 10:28 AM   #13
ravenguy2000
NO FATS
 
ravenguy2000's Avatar
 
Location: NO FEMS
Posts: 29,008
Default

are we actually using a point system for this or something? and if we are what is it.

 
ravenguy2000 is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #14
smashingjj
Banned
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: Osama Bin Ladies Love Cool JJ
Posts: 32,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000
are we actually using a point system for this or something? and if we are what is it.
what i did for 2004's list and for the list i just made for another site, is this. 25 points for the #1 in everyone's list, 24 for #2, and so on (#25 gets 1 point). for lists that aren't in a particular order, 12 points for every album on the list.

not sure if that's the most correct system, but it works.

 
smashingjj is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 10:51 AM   #15
ravenguy2000
NO FATS
 
ravenguy2000's Avatar
 
Location: NO FEMS
Posts: 29,008
Default

In that case I'll just do 10, then, I'd rather not throw points to albums that I like but am really only listing because I've heard them. I'd suggest everybody do the same and find some sort of reasonable cut-off, otherwise lists will get bottom loaded with mediocre albums that will rank highly only through sheer volume which is something I don't think anyone wants. There's a comment to be made about my list being top-loaded with mediocre albums but I already made it so there.

1. Paul Simon - Surprise
2. Eels - Eels With Strings: Live at Town Hall
3. Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope
4. Midlake - The Trials of Van Occupanther
5. Nina Nastasia - On Leaving
6. Hem - Funnel Cloud
7. Matmos - The Rose Has Teeth...
8. Toumani Diabate Symmetric Orchestra - Boulevard de L'independance
9. Stephen Merrit - Showtunes
10. Final Fantasy - He Poos Clouds

Last edited by ravenguy2000 : 12-16-2006 at 10:57 AM.

 
ravenguy2000 is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #16
smashingjj
Banned
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: Osama Bin Ladies Love Cool JJ
Posts: 32,524
Default

this is my list so far, i guess i'll cut it off under #25

1. Joanna Newsom – Ys
2. Mastodon – Blood Mountain
3. Liars – Drum’s Not Dead
4. Vetiver – To Find Me Gone
5. Espers – II
6. Zebulon Pike – the Deafening Twilight
7. Thom Yorke – The Eraser
8. Loose Fur – Born Again in the USA
9. Sonic Youth – Rather Ripped
10. Charalambides – A Vintage Burden

11. Akron/Family – Meek Warrior
12. Bert Jansch – The Black Swan
13. Roommate – Songs the Animals Taught Us
14. motorpsycho – black hole / blank canvas
15. The Young Knives – Voices of Animals and Men
16. Grizzly Bear – Yellow House
17. sibylle baier – colour green
18. white magic – dat rosa mel apibus
19. Danielson – Ships
20. Comets on Fire – Avatar

21. manta ray – torres de electricidad
22. daau – domestic wildlife
23. the flaming lips – at war with the mystics
24. belong – October language
25. the konki duet – mountain mouton
26. sparklehorse – dreamt for light years in the belly of a mountain
27. boduf songs – lion devours the sun
28. Deftones – Saturday Night Wrist
29. max richter – songs from before
30. seawhores – forest

31. Oneida – Happy New Year
32. final fantasy – he poos clouds
33. Young People – Turned Loose
34. wilderness – vessel states
35. these arms are snakes – easter
36. aerial – black rain from the bombing
37. Venetian Snares – Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
38. talking to teapots – 12 to 21 seconds left right left to live
39. The sound of animals fighting – Lover, the Lord Has Left Us
40. The Majestic Twelve – Schizophrenology

41. tool – 10 000 days
42. Callisto – Noir
43. the most serene republic – phages
44. the legendary pink dots - your children placate you from premature graves
45. Giddy motors – do easy
46. nina nastasia – on leaving
47. Isobel Campbell & mark lanegan – ballad of the broken seas
48. Kelley Stoltz – Below the Branches
49. Triple Burner – Triple Burner
50. phononoir – putting holes into October skies

 
smashingjj is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #17
spring
die 'til it doesn't hurt
 
spring's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,476
Default

i have no final list but i have enjoyed these albums in particular:

cat power - the greatest

the flaming lips - at war with the mystics
yo la tengo - i am not afraid of you and i will beat your ass
mogwai - mr beast
bob dylan - modern times

 
spring is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 01:26 PM   #18
Sylvia Woods
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Sylvia Woods's Avatar
 
Location: oooo
Posts: 1,353
Default

BRAND NEW - THE DEVIL ANDGOD ARE RAGING INSIDE ME

 
Sylvia Woods is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #19
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,359
Default

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/smiley_yawn.gif

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 03:25 PM   #20
Crono
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Crono's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,265
Default

The Evens - Get Even
Built to Spill - You in Reverse
Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped


Those might be the only albums I bought that were released this year. SY's rarities comp was more impressive than Rather Ripped, too. I'm waiting on the new Bardo Pond to download. Fuck, 2006 sucked. Especially Joanna Newsom.

 
Crono is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #21
Nate the Grate
Minion of Satan
 
Nate the Grate's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,216
Default

1. The Hold Steady- Boys and Girls in America
2. Beirut- Gulag Orkestar
3. The Decemberists- The Crane Wife
4. Mates of State- Bring It Back
5. Camera Obscura- Let's Get Out of This Country
6. M. Ward- Post War
7. Yo La Tengo- I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass
8. Sonic Youth- Rather Ripped
9. The Essex Green- Cannibal Sea
10. Joanna Newsom- Ys

I think...

 
Nate the Grate is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 04:11 PM   #22
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000
In that case I'll just do 10, then, I'd rather not throw points to albums that I like but am really only listing because I've heard them. I'd suggest everybody do the same and find some sort of reasonable cut-off, otherwise lists will get bottom loaded with mediocre albums that will rank highly only through sheer volume which is something I don't think anyone wants.
Agreed. While I bought or heard a lot of albums this year, I'm likely going to struggle coming up with even 10 that I'd consider the best. Many I have I know are good, IMO, but I wouldn't think they deserve a place on a best of list just because I know there is better out there.

 
AndySlash is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 06:14 PM   #23
House of Bread
FKA Siamese33
 
House of Bread's Avatar
 
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 5,103
Default

20. Xiu Xiu - The Air Force
19. Band of Horses - Everything All The Time
18. Malajube - Trompe-L'oeil
17. TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain
16. Cat Power - The Greatest
15. Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings The Flood
14. Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
13. Growing - Color Wheel
12. Nobody & The Mystic Chords of Memory - Tree Colored See
11. Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar
10. Built To Spill - You In Reverse
9. Destroyer - Rubies
8. Islands - Return To Sea
7. Beirut - Gulag Orkestar
6. The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics
5. Comets on Fire - Avatar
4. Mogwai - Mr. Beast
3. Joanna Newsom - Ys
2. Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
1. Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass

 
House of Bread is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 06:44 PM   #24
ravenguy2000
NO FATS
 
ravenguy2000's Avatar
 
Location: NO FEMS
Posts: 29,008
Default

BTW, when are these getting tabulated? I'm going to have some time off coming up when i'll be listening to some new albums, if it's ok I'd prefer my vote not count until it has to. Yah know.

 
ravenguy2000 is offline
Old 12-16-2006, 10:26 PM   #25
schaadow
Apocalyptic Poster
 
schaadow's Avatar
 
Location: Villa Incognito
Posts: 1,150
Default

1. twilight singers - powder burns
2. the hold steady - boys and girls in america
3. jay reatard - blood visions
4. ellen allien & apparat - orchestra of bubbles
5. psychic ills - dins
6. king khan & bbq show - what's for dinner?
7. the evens - get evens
8. matmos - the rose has teeth
9. cursive - happy hollow
10. xiu xiu - the air force
11. the thermals - the body, the blood, the machine
12. islands - return to the sea
13. anoice - remmings
14. destroyer - destroyer's rubies
15. sunset rubdown - shut up i am dreaming
16. soledad brothers - the hardest walk
17. calexico - garden ruin
18. team doyobi - the kphanapic fragments
19. mudsuckers - mudsuckers
20. neil young - living with war
21. pernice brothers - live a little
22. embryo & no neck blues band - embryoNNCK
23. headache city - headache city
24. yo la tengo - i'm not afraid of you and i will beat your ass
25. asobi seksu - citrus

 
schaadow is offline
Old 12-17-2006, 12:37 AM   #26
The Gaddrow
Minion of Satan
 
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 7,051
Default

Stuck.

Jesus, I haven't heard a third of the albums listed. To Oink I go.

 
The Gaddrow is offline
Old 12-17-2006, 12:42 AM   #27
Mayfuck
Banned
 
Location: i'm from japan also hollywood
Posts: 57,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Me My Board!


1. Joanna Newsom - Ys
2. Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings The Flood
3. I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends
4. Scott Walker - The Drift
5. Leafcutter John - The Forest & The Sea
6. The Drones - Gala Mill
7. Beach House - Beach House
8. Schneider TM - Skoda Mluvit
9. Espers - Espers II
10. The Concretes - In Colour

what is this i'm from barcelona and concretes shit? i mean what the fuck gav? bring back the gav who was into noise and musique concrete and not this pitchfork approved corporate indie fluff

 
Mayfuck is offline
Old 12-17-2006, 12:57 AM   #28
strange_one
No Chance
 
strange_one's Avatar
 
Location: Here
Posts: 13,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck
what is this i'm from barcelona and concretes shit? i mean what the fuck gav? bring back the gav who was into noise and musique concrete and not this pitchfork approved corporate indie fluff
I know man I'm a disappointment this year. What can I say though, I can't stop listening to those albums and I'd be lying to myself if I tried to ignore them

 
strange_one is offline
Old 12-17-2006, 01:03 AM   #29
Mayfuck
Banned
 
Location: i'm from japan also hollywood
Posts: 57,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj
this is my list so far, i guess i'll cut it off under #25

1. Joanna Newsom – Ys
2. Mastodon – Blood Mountain
3. Liars – Drum’s Not Dead
4. Vetiver – To Find Me Gone
5. Espers – II
6. Zebulon Pike – the Deafening Twilight
7. Thom Yorke – The Eraser
8. Loose Fur – Born Again in the USA
9. Sonic Youth – Rather Ripped
10. Charalambides – A Vintage Burden

11. Akron/Family – Meek Warrior
12. Bert Jansch – The Black Swan
13. Roommate – Songs the Animals Taught Us
14. motorpsycho – black hole / blank canvas
15. The Young Knives – Voices of Animals and Men
16. Grizzly Bear – Yellow House
17. sibylle baier – colour green
18. white magic – dat rosa mel apibus
19. Danielson – Ships
20. Comets on Fire – Avatar

21. manta ray – torres de electricidad
22. daau – domestic wildlife
23. the flaming lips – at war with the mystics
24. belong – October language
25. the konki duet – mountain mouton
26. sparklehorse – dreamt for light years in the belly of a mountain
27. boduf songs – lion devours the sun
28. Deftones – Saturday Night Wrist
29. max richter – songs from before
30. seawhores – forest

31. Oneida – Happy New Year
32. final fantasy – he poos clouds
33. Young People – Turned Loose
34. wilderness – vessel states
35. these arms are snakes – easter
36. aerial – black rain from the bombing
37. Venetian Snares – Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
38. talking to teapots – 12 to 21 seconds left right left to live
39. The sound of animals fighting – Lover, the Lord Has Left Us
40. The Majestic Twelve – Schizophrenology

41. tool – 10 000 days
42. Callisto – Noir
43. the most serene republic – phages
44. the legendary pink dots - your children placate you from premature graves
45. Giddy motors – do easy
46. nina nastasia – on leaving
47. Isobel Campbell & mark lanegan – ballad of the broken seas
48. Kelley Stoltz – Below the Branches
49. Triple Burner – Triple Burner
50. phononoir – putting holes into October skies
thanks man. so many more to download and catch up on. i'm guessing the ones i haven't heard all metal albums probably. shame about the tool entry though. completely invalidates your list.

 
Mayfuck is offline
Old 12-17-2006, 01:14 AM   #30
daydreamer999
Minion of Satan
 
Posts: 5,782
Default

joeri, i really like that white magic album now.

 
daydreamer999 is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014