Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2015, 07:56 AM   #151
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Here's the setlist from setlist.fm:

Old 06-16-2015, 08:06 AM   #152
sjpaterra
Ownz

but he defenitely played Today... i dont see it?

Old 06-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #153
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvegetable View Post
Buffalo.com mentioned 99 Floors too.
That'd be awesome.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:40 AM   #154
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

A New Poetry! Nice.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #155
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

As much as I rip on old Bill these days, gotta say this sounds fantastic.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #156
dpmurph17
Amish Rake Fighter

Just from watching the periscope video, the setlist is missing "My Poor Troubled Heart". This was played just before "Freedom Ain't What It Used to Be"

Old 06-16-2015, 10:28 AM   #157
Bread Regal
Banned

zwan "cover"

Old 06-16-2015, 10:44 AM   #158
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Club View Post
Here's the setlist from setlist.fm:

That seems like a horrible setlist. Aside from maybe half a dozen songs....out of 36. (well less not counting pre set)

I feel bad for people with tickets.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #159
Bread Regal
Banned

all the pre-'07 songs on there are great.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #160
NilSineDeo
Ownz

I was there last night and was keeping track of the set list. It was a great show, but people kept talking and it was pissing him off. He told everyone three times to shut up. The theater had beer right outside the doors, so everyone was being loud out there and it carried into the theater. It was a small venue. During El A Noy a couple up front stood up to take a selfie with him in the background. He stopped mid song and gave them the finger until they sat down. After he finished the song he dropped his guitar and stormed off. I'm shocked he came back to play the final song. To the other people that were there last night, anyone else catch the intense drunken bro moment happening in the aisle toward the back during spaceboy?

Tonight tonight
99 floors
Today
??? (My poor troubled heart - thanks dpmurph17)
Freedom ain't what it used to be
For your love
Drum+Fife
Stitch in time
Mayonnaise
Prairie song
Sparrow
Perfect
To Sheila
Behold the night mare
For Martha
Blissed and gone "I figured if a song about my dead mother won't shut you up, a ukulele will"
Ava Adore
Now and then
Crying tree of mercury
Run2me
Pinwheels
Stand inside your love
Landslide
A new poetry

--------

Spaceboy
El A Noy

------

New song? "Come find me summer..."
(Cardinal Rule as per setlist.fm)

Old 06-16-2015, 11:08 AM   #161
NilSineDeo
Ownz

Also, it wasn't all acoustic. Ava Adore - Pinwheels had some sort of backing track, whether it was drum machine or looping synth/piano. Jeff was on electric for some of those songs and was rocking pretty hard as Billy just walked around and sang. Sounds kinda lame, I know, but it was actually good. A decent change of pace, and honestly I think some people in the crowd needed it at that point.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:37 AM   #162
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilSineDeo View Post
"I figured if a song about my dead mother won't shut you up, a ukulele will"

It's a travesty, but the crowds are only going to get worse. Bill would do much better by rolling with it, but I know he won't.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #163
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
During El A Noy a couple up front stood up to take a selfie with him in the background. He stopped mid song and gave them the finger until they sat down.
I've been losing respect for Billy a lot lately but after reading that it shot right back up

That's awesome

Old 06-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #164
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
During El A Noy a couple up front stood up to take a selfie with him in the background. He stopped mid song and gave them the finger until they sat down. After he finished the song he dropped his guitar and stormed off. )
Amazing

Old 06-16-2015, 11:57 AM   #165
freshfacedyouth
Ownz

fingers crossed the audience tonight isn't that bad, because that sounds horrible

Old 06-16-2015, 12:03 PM   #166
Bread Regal
Banned

i want to see video of that

Old 06-16-2015, 12:38 PM   #167
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
I was there last night and was keeping track of the set list. It was a great show, but people kept talking and it was pissing him off. He told everyone three times to shut up. The theater had beer right outside the doors, so everyone was being loud out there and it carried into the theater. It was a small venue. During El A Noy a couple up front stood up to take a selfie with him in the background. He stopped mid song and gave them the finger until they sat down. After he finished the song he dropped his guitar and stormed off. I'm shocked he came back to play the final song. To the other people that were there last night, anyone else catch the intense drunken bro moment happening in the aisle toward the back during spaceboy?

I hate people.
why on earth do people even buy tickets for a seated, ACOUSTIC concert to act like they are 18 and at Lollapalooza - or any bar?

I heard half of For Martha via periscope last night - and the audience pretty much sounded like during the worst parts of Ravinia last summer. loud, obnoxious, and having their private party.
I wish folks like that would just fuck off to Vegas or some amusement park instead of going to concerts.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #168
DaveKShape
Ownz

Honestly, this is why Billy billing a show "Smashing Pumpkins" in situations like this is ultimately a bad idea. He's just going to get 20% diehard fans and 80% people who are there because they know the radio songs and want to go do something different on a Monday night. The 80% will talk and drink beer and do the cellphone thing and ruin it for Billy/diehards. It's less of a problem during the loud shows, but something like this needs to be billed much more carefully, I guess.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:19 PM   #169
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

So it already sounds like the 20th Anniversary shows - great set lists but Billy acting like a dick.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #170
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy never had to tell people to stop talking during ravinia, in fact he wondered why there wasn't much singing during one song, he apparently enjoys fans singing along, it is a lot different than talking through the show, it means you are engaged with performer.

Moreover, he also had to ask people not to do anymore standing ovations because of timing being so tight. It was an amazing concert.

I wonder if it is the location and the venue? Maybe a rock show would have been better there, however it seems that many enjoyed the show.

Heard on periscope "did he play 1979?" which I think I have heard at least one person say at every sp concert, even if he did or didn't play it, lol.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #171
NilSineDeo
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
i want to see video of that
Oh I'm kicking myself that I didn't get it on video. I've got some (crappy) clips of some songs, but I didn't record El A Noy.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:32 PM   #172
NilSineDeo
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I hate people.
why on earth do people even buy tickets for a seated, ACOUSTIC concert to act like they are 18 and at Lollapalooza - or any bar?

I heard half of For Martha via periscope last night - and the audience pretty much sounded like during the worst parts of Ravinia last summer. loud, obnoxious, and having their private party.
I wish folks like that would just fuck off to Vegas or some amusement park instead of going to concerts.
Yes. I'm 29 and was among the youngest at the concert, by the way. I don't think most of the crowd knew what they were getting themselves into. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, but no one was prepared to just sit down and listen. Some people were there to rock out and were determined to do it at any cost. One guy was standing along the wall jumping up and down and throwing his arms up during Spaceboy.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:40 PM   #173
Schuffy
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
To the other people that were there last night, anyone else catch the intense drunken bro moment happening in the aisle toward the back during spaceboy?
Yes, I had an aisle seat and that guy stood right next me while I tried taping the show (it didn't turn out well and I didn't even bother listening as far as "Spaceboy"). He was the same guy who went up front multiple times and needed to be encouraged back to his seat by security. If I remember correctly, he first ventured down during "Ava Adore" and Billy waved off security so they could rock out for a moment, then the guard ushered the guy away as soon as BC turned back around on stage.

Overall, I enjoyed the song selections, arrangements, and venue. I liked hearing a mix of SP, Zwan, and BC material. There were teases of "Tribute to Johnny" and a Pink Floyd cover in there somewhere. I agree that the alcohol setup heightened the noise and unruliness of the audience; I noticed the songs unfamiliar to most triggered a mass exodus for people to get up and go refill their drinks (or use the tiny bathrooms to make room for more). I refrained from drinking so I could remain seated and enjoy 2.5 hours of SP/BC glory (and also drive home).

Old 06-16-2015, 05:45 PM   #174
flavin
Ownz

Going to this tonight, almost passed due to ticket price, haven't listened to any SP/Zwan/BC in a little while, but I'm super excited all of a sudden now that it's tonight.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:22 PM   #175
freshfacedyouth
Ownz

let's do this, flavin

Old 06-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #176
slunken
Virgo

Old 06-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #177
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 06-16-2015, 09:32 PM   #178
Ram27
dumb

But that's D'arcy's song

Old 06-16-2015, 10:13 PM   #179
patj825
Pledge

Is anyone able to rip the Periscope videos?

Old 06-16-2015, 11:15 PM   #180
Ramdust
Apocalyptic Poster

Tonight was the best sp show I've seen. He was on, and in a good mood.