Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2008, 04:30 AM   #61
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
I'm a pretty big asshole when it comes to driving, so if somebody's tailgating me I'll throw the car in a really low gear so it slows down like crazy without the brake lights coming on. It's probably going to cause a wreck someday, but it's funny to see rednecks in trucks slam on their brakes so hard smoke comes off of their tires. It's my way of making the world a worse place for people who don't know how to just keep their distance.
Yeah. I'm not quite that much of a dick, but I'm fairly sure I would be if I wasn't fearful of causing an accident. Fuck people who don't know/follow the rules of the road.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:40 AM   #62
D.
Consume my pants.

man these are some serious first world problems we're discussing here

Old 03-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #63
noyen
Immortal

im sorry for the thread rage i exhibited.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:51 AM   #64
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
I'm a pretty big asshole when it comes to driving, so if somebody's tailgating me I'll throw the car in a really low gear so it slows down like crazy without the brake lights coming on. It's probably going to cause a wreck someday, but it's funny to see rednecks in trucks slam on their brakes so hard smoke comes off of their tires. It's my way of making the world a worse place for people who don't know how to just keep their distance.
i like your style.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #65
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

if i'm slowing down to a reasonable speed because someone is tailgating me, and they end up hitting me, it's their fault, right? so what's the problem. they get what they deserve, and i get a fat insurance settlement

Old 03-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #66
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i actually dont use the turn signals that much at all.
but i do have reason, meaning that i don't just drive like an asshole and don't use them - i just don't use them when i don't need to.
for example, if i have to get back in the right lane and im somewhat cutting someone off or getting right ahead of them, i will always signal - but if the same situation happens and that aforementioned car is a good few meters back, i won't signal.
that logic applies to everything else.
people who signal always make me smile, though. you could tell straight away that they're sweet people. i guess most people take me for an asshole then.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #67
jczeroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgle View Post
Where the fuck am I going to move? That shit happens to me ALL the time, where people ride my ass when I'm already going 10+ over the speed limit in the RIGHT HAND LANE. Where else am I supposed to go, seriously? Fuck them.
Obviously this is perfectly reasonable. No one has a right to tailgate you if you are going the speed limit or over in the right lane.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #68
jczeroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale blue eyes View Post
So riding somebody's ass consistently is alright? It's one thing if they back off but if it's been over a mile and they are still like five feet from my bumper when I am already over the speed limit then fuck them. It doesn't happen that often but when that special kind of asshole turns up and the other 99% can manage to drive safely then I do not see why I should do them any favors.
Yes. It is most definitely alright. The left lane is for PASSING ONLY. People that just coast in the left lane are breaking the law and clogging up the road.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #69
jczeroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMilstead View Post
No, but I'm not moving for some highschool/college punk who thinks he's cooler than everyone else because he does 20-over in his decaled truck/mustang. If I'm already doing 5-10 over the limit, there should be no reason for me to move for someone going faster. That's when they've got a problem.
It's not your job to police other people's driving based on stereotypes and prejudices. It's people who drive like this that cause a lot of accidents.

I am going to tailgate five more people than I normally would today just because you made this comment.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #70
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxzombie View Post
if i'm slowing down to a reasonable speed because someone is tailgating me, and they end up hitting me, it's their fault, right? so what's the problem. they get what they deserve, and i get a fat insurance settlement
idk about you, but i much rather avoid the hassle of having my car wrecked for a week

Old 03-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #71
jczeroman

Quote:
If you do it quickly then you are guilty (at least in Oregon).

Old 03-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #72
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jczeroman View Post
Yes. It is most definitely alright. The left lane is for PASSING ONLY. People that just coast in the left lane are breaking the law and clogging up the road.
if anything pisses me off on the road, its that.
fucking shit.
and there are the fuckers that don't move even when you flash them or signal them somehow. once this guy was blocking the left lane and i couldnt help it anymore so somehow i got past him and swore the fuck out of him (complete with gestures and all) and a few minutes after that i was surrounded by the same 2-3 cars for a few minutes so i started freaking out that i might have pissed off the wrong guy, but obviously i ended up being wrong.
i did see the guy a few minutes afterwards though, just before making the right to my town, and he gave me this loathsome tool look.
hahha

Old 03-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #73
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

http://forums.netphoria.org/image.ph...ine=1193766049

Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #74
mxzombie
Braindead

pretty sure in florida there are no exceptions; if you rear-end someone, you are at fault

Old 03-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #75
spring
die 'til it doesn't hurt

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Frequency View Post

Also nobody ever indicates in roundabouts. Assholes.

oh man... roundabouts. how can people in europe deal with millions of roundabouts 5 lanes wide without getting into crashes and being assholes, while in north america, they drive like idiots in something as tiny as a roundabout in a small town. driving in some suburb of LA a couple of months ago, we almost got killed by an idiot who cut us off from the inside lane of a roundabout (we were on the ouside) without turning or EVEN LOOKING.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #76
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
pretty sure in florida there are no exceptions; if you rear-end someone, you are at fault
pretty much, the law is something like, you should be far enough back that even if he were to stop suddenly, you should have enough time to react.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #77
mxzombie
Braindead

people here for some reason are so incredibly courteous that they find it necessary to stop inside traffic circles to let people in. how thoughtful.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #78
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
you EVEN use it in a turn lane? you're ALWAYS supposed to use it if turning anywhere. you must be a saint.
I am well aware I am supposed to use it in a turn lane, but it's funny how a lot of people don't do what they are supposed to. Like signaling. I just got my license back not too long ago (for health reasons, not for too many citations or whatever) so I am a pretty cautious driver and lack of signaling has always been a pet peeve of mine even when I was driven everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
because it's a safety issue. regardless of whether or not you're already speeding, you get out of the way if you're in a fast lane.
I am not just speaking about when I am in the fast lane, I am speaking in general. People driving horribly on the highways here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jczeroman View Post
When did I say that I did that in the left lane? I hardly ever stay in that lane for a long period of time and when somebody is riding my ass in that lane I will get out of it. I'm talking about people who will go from lane to lane to lane in three or four lane highways, just weaving in and out of traffic. I could be in the right or any middle lane and if somebody is riding my ass there for a long time time because they can't get around, I'm not going faster just so they can get where they are going two seconds faster because they don't feel like getting in the passing lane.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #79
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan

Quote:
i'm with ya. especially if i'm in the right fuckin lane. i'm not passing anyone dick OOPS A SQUIRREL RAN IN FRONT OF ME.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #80
jczeroman

Quote:
people here for some reason are so incredibly courteous that they find it necessary to stop inside traffic circles to let people in. how thoughtful.
This drives me nuts. I think I use my horn 2/3 of the time in the roundabout by my house.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #81
jczeroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale blue eyes View Post
When did I say that I did that in the left lane? I hardly ever stay in that lane for a long period of time and when somebody is riding my ass in that lane I will get out of it. I'm talking about people who will go from lane to lane to lane in three or four lane highways, just weaving in and out of traffic. I could be in the right or any middle lane and if somebody is riding my ass there for a long time time because they can't get around, I'm not going faster just so they can get where they are going two seconds faster because they don't feel like getting in the passing lane.
Good to see you don't coast in the left lane. However, you do realize that most states (all that I've been to at least) requires slower traffic to move right? No one should be tailgating you in the rightmost lane, anywhere else though and you are the one who needs to move over. You don't have to go faster, just move out of the way.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #82
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan

Quote:
that shit drives me nuts.

oh man you know what else bothers me. turning left onto a main road with no light and having to stop in the median to wait for another break in traffic. and then the douchnozzle in an escalade who was behind you pulls up to your right, blocking your view of traffic. then they turn onto the road before you do.

hate that shit.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #83
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan

nobody understands the roundabout in america apparently. i see people go the wrong way all the time.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #84
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

You know what's a good move? The really long honk. I like to get a good 20 second long honk going every 6 months or so. It's especially wonderful when somebody pulls that really fast left turn in front of you- like they are coming from the opposite direction, they turn left across your lane, but you have to turn right, so you end up turning behind that person, but the dick didn't yield so you get to stay behind him and spam the horn for a good 20 seconds or so until you get bored.

I did it for so long a couple weeks ago the guy just pulled over and let me drive around him. SHOWED HIM WHO'S BOSS!

Old 03-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #85
redbreegull

In Maryland it is NOT the law that you must yield to faster moving traffic if you are in the left lane. Boy it would certainly be interesting if the left lane was functionally actually used only for passing. It would also increase traffic congestion horribly. It barely even works in theory. And also, I'm pretty sure there is no law anywhere that says one has the right to speed like a bitch in the left lane. I absolutely will not move if I am keeping up with the traffic in front of me (even when I am in the left lane) and the guy behind me is on my ass. He can suck my dick for all I care, wanting to go so fast is his problem and it's not safe.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #86
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring View Post
oh man... roundabouts. how can people in europe deal with millions of roundabouts 5 lanes wide without getting into crashes and being assholes, while in north america, they drive like idiots in something as tiny as a roundabout in a small town. driving in some suburb of LA a couple of months ago, we almost got killed by an idiot who cut us off from the inside lane of a roundabout (we were on the ouside) without turning or EVEN LOOKING.
yea in vail, co there're shit tons of them. there's one area where there are a succession of like seven roundabouts in a one mile radius. i always have to check myself on road rage in this area.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #87
Fattening Ass

roundabouts are pretty lame. yes i use my turns signals. fuck you who don't. So many things get on my nerves. I hate assholes who park their big trucks and SUVs into compact parking spaces. i have to slither and squeeze out of my car at times -_-. i hate people who drive slow in the left lane on a two lane freeway. ugh and tailgaters....

Old 03-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #88
jczeroman

Can we agree on a few types of drivers here:

BASTARD/BITCH: fast reckless speeders, usually male, possibly drinking, tailgate, angry GO GO GO!
OCD: careful speeders, ignore non-utilitarian rules, some tailgating, systematic, other drivers ruin trip time / mpg targets
DISTRACTED: soccer mom/college kid types, erratic speeds based on cell usage, oblivious, unpredictable
GOODIE GOODIE: mormons, drive below speed limit or at, over-courteous, long stops,
ASSHOLE: passive aggressive, takes every encounter as personal insult, vengeful, obstinate, stubborn, self-righteous
NOONECARE: average, at speed or +5, right lane except passing, likes scenery

What ones am I missing?

Old 03-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #89
ammy
yer mom

OLD BAT: Can't see over the steering wheel, slows down to 5mph in the right hand lane to turn into a street/driveway, takes 20 point turns to get out of a parking spot, cautious to the point of dangerous, and drives at least 5 below the speed limit.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #90
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

one time i saw a guy eating a giant hamburger, both hands on the burger, with his girl steering from the passenger seat. pretty funny