Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2005, 04:02 AM   #1
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Default Vancouver show infost

hey everyone.

( I Met some of the coolest people at this show! )

anyways i was 1st in line to this show... no idea why. i saw billy as i was walking to the venu, just told him Hi and glad to see he made it across the boarder.

he then came by later around 2:30 and talked to the group that was their. I was going to video tape it, but billy asked me to turn it off

we talked about the pumpkins a little. He had said he still not talked to D'arcy and that she is broke.
He then said how tierd of the shows. He talked about how he as of rigt now thinks maybe he should just say 'screw it' and move on with life.
I am sure he is going take a break. He was very unhappy at the show and you could tell it. Not a real smile threw out the show.
I got a set list.
Johanna
Camera Eye
M.O.H
To Love Somebody
Sorrow
DIA
Now + Then
A100
I want you
Walking Shade
I'm Ready
All Things Change
King Bee
AC/DC

one encore of Strayz and skip 2nd encore that would of been Bit 5

I will post pictures and video later. I have some good stuff.
He did 2 tease of Today in King Bee. I sadly don't have great audio in the video of that because the crowd was going wild when he played it....

Last edited by MonteLDS : 07-20-2005 at 07:51 PM.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:08 AM   #2
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Thanks alot for your review, but I couldnt' understand a couple things. Did Billy mean he was tired of playng Future Embrace shows, or what? And what does he mean take a break. Also, did he mention ANYTHING about James during that talk about Darcy?

THANKS

Old 07-20-2005, 04:19 AM   #3
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally posted by TuralyonW3
Thanks alot for your review, but I couldnt' understand a couple things. Did Billy mean he was tired of playng Future Embrace shows, or what? And what does he mean take a break. Also, did he mention ANYTHING about James during that talk about Darcy?

THANKS
billy said nothing about james. he didn't want to talk about the pumpkins at the time.
He was not sure if ths tour was going to wait, and now he is just tierd of playing tours in general. tierd of trying.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:28 AM   #4
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally posted by MonteLDS

billy said nothing about james. he didn't want to talk about the pumpkins at the time.
He was not sure if ths tour was going to wait, and now he is just tierd of playing tours in general. tierd of trying.
Interesting. That AU show was cancelled, and the TFE sales are miniscule. poor Billy

Old 07-20-2005, 05:07 AM   #5
christian zombie vampires
Apocalyptic Poster

yeah but WHY was he so pissed off? the crowd was nuts, they were screaming after everything. way bigger and better crowd than even zwan. and were pumped as hell for the encore. and paid $50. and he never said anything and acted like he didn't notice anyone and gave a really brief quiet encore. what a fucking douche.

show started off well though. johanna was a perfect set opener and was a surprisingly good tune. first several songs were good. crimea was pretty good. light show was good. i always thought linda strawberry seemed stupid but she was hot and classy and sang well, she gets my approval. but the show never built up energy or climaxed. and holy shit, i want you is like 1000x worse than anything on the album.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:42 AM   #6
Voice Implodes
Minion of Satan

that show was fucking great. i had no idea what the first song was though. but i fucking loved it. met lots of people (a few of whom say they lurk here but don't post, they knew who i was... SHOW YOURSELVES!)

anyways, had a fantastic time.

ps- if anyone saw me, i was wearing the red zero hald sleeve. got a few comps on it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:10 AM   #7
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Which was 180 of what he said at the seattle shows.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:19 AM   #8
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by MisterSquishyHalo

Which was 180 of what he said at the seattle shows.
Somebody needs some Zoloft.

Old 07-20-2005, 11:15 AM   #9
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Monte, it's TIRED.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:14 PM   #10
MonteLDS
*sigh*

let me give you the view point from me.

I met billy before the show at Seattle and Van. and after the show at the 1st SF show

He was very happy at the 1st SF show. You could see it. big smiles and happy to talk to people.
u will have to ask Agnew to know what happen at the second one.. after the show.. but he gave this talk about changing the world. about changing the music ind. in gen. he was very upbeat at the end.
at seattle he did seem ok when he showed up early. He talked about the music ind. again. Talked about ring tones, and people buyng stuff that is just popular, b/c that is what people think is popular. He said how all these bands that are big today are at a peak. and they will fall, and not come back up....
he then here in cannada he talked about how he wa just ready to quit show biz. he was not sure what to do. And while on the tour he can't just dump the meterail... I love how he said that he hs two voices in his head. One the song writter that is saying 'just play the songs and have faith in them' and the other saying 'is this really going to work'. He then went on to say "I know this sounds weird, but when i am on stage i don't hear the crowd". I recall in said somewhere on some video that one day his ears just pop open and he heard the crowed and things changed. But now he doesn't hear us right now.
The thing we forget as fans sometimes. Myself *******d is that this is a guy who is now (or prehaps always has been) spiritual. He talked about that and said to this effect 'its about how i feel inside' not what the crowd is doing'
So no matter how crazy a crowd is going he is not going be any happier. This man has seen crazy nites for weeks on end. i am sure he is numb to it all. he seem real numb on stage, he didn't smile or laugh at this show except kind of nervous laugh before walking shades when he said 'i think one of my amps just broke'
I talked to Brain a sec and asked him how the drive was from SF to Seattle. He told me he slept for 11+ hours. waking up and saying to himself 'the bus is still moving' and going bck to sleep. he said he as well was tired. that playing the same stuff over and over again has kind of got to him. he is ready to play something else. but he said he was their for billy.
i think corgan may need some time off. but he may be back soon. he never took too much time off during the pumpkins, except for when force to.

on a side note when billy said that darcy was broke he said this "we sold tickets for less then what other bands were selling them for. trying to be nice, we lost out on millions of millions of dollars. should we of charge more for those shirts, because now no one remebers us. darcy broke now and she worked hard. i am sure she could use that money right now."
Billy was not sure if he should taken more advantage of the sutation at the time or not.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:22 PM   #11
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally posted by TuralyonW3

Interesting. That AU show was cancelled, and the TFE sales are miniscule. poor Billy
he said that he cancel the Colorodo zwn show becuse they didn't sell more than 400 tickets in the first few weeks.
i don't know if this why the AU show was canned but i bet it was.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:07 PM   #12
mirrar
Braindead

Thumbs down

Quote:
on a side note when billy said that darcy was broke he said this "we sold tickets for less then what other bands were selling them for. trying to be nice, we lost out on millions of millions of dollars. should we of charge more for those shirts, because now no one remebers us. darcy broke now and she worked hard. i am sure she could use that money right now."
Billy was not sure if he should taken more advantage of the sutation at the time or not.
wow he really is an asshole. i'm not saying he's not allowed to have those thoughts, as i really don't know what the concert ticket average was for bands on their level or whatever, but this is NOT something you fucking say to fans. there's no excuse for that or reason to. ugh fucking idiot.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:11 PM   #13
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

I thought the show was pretty good. When Billy started singing it sent chills down my spine, and his voice held up quite well throughout the night. I remember when Johanna stared and Billy walked on stage in front of the red backround and had this completely stoic look on his face; it was awesome. Very vampiric. He didn't really say anything during the show and looked pretty glum but I don't think his performance suffered because of it. My only real gripe is that his guitar was tuned to about half the volume it should be. It allowed for his vocals to really carry the night but you shouldn't have to strain to hear the guitar parts at a Rock'n Roll show.

Doris Henson were good. Crimera were kind of blah but I did enjoy their flamboyant frontman.

Oh, and don't worry about my bad grammer, I have a perfectly good excuse for that...

The show ended at fricken 12:00, so naturally I ended up missing the last bus back to Maple Ridge and had to walk for three and a half hours at 1:30 in the morning just to get home. Jesus God that was tedious. I'm still a little loopy.. All this after standing in the sixth row for four hours at the show. My legs were cramped then, they are going to kill me tommorow...

'I'll upload pic/vid when its feasible.

Last edited by Fathoms (unadored) : 07-20-2005 at 04:18 PM.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:51 PM   #14
Voice Implodes
Minion of Satan

it was easy to tell he was not in a great mood during the performance, but i also don't think his performance suffered. he obviously did not want to meet people though. there were about 30 people waiting out back, and he pulled the front door trick. i talked to a girl who saw him leave. nobody wa waiting by the front fucking door and he slipped right out. guess he wasn't feeling social. pissed me off a bit, because something has ALWAYS come up for me during his signings, and i always miss them. so i am yet to get anything signed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:20 PM   #15
zoomer
Oblivious Virgin

General Impressions:

Going in to the Commodore some guy was trying to sell $50 tickets for $15...how times have changed.

Good crowd, no idiots calling for pumpkin songs.

As I'm sure for most of the shows, the crowd pretty much stands still for the songs (except for one solitary person who was jumping up and down - I think it was Christian Vampire Zambonis), cheers enthusiastically at the end, although nothing like the wild insane cheering of the Pumpkin, Zwan days. Not surprising considering the style of music.

That damn inhuman, incredibly perfect and consistent drum beat got a bit tiring running through every single song..

Billy's voice was awesome...sounded totally confident, but then again he's not wearing it out with screaming, or pushing it much.

He did seem quiet and not totally into it. No banter, didn't really address the audience. I think they are really not looking forward to the final leg of the tour, wishing the Vancouver show was the last one.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #16
sp0rk
Amish Rake Fighter

I should point out that when he said that next time he's playing in Seattle it will be as the Pumpkins, he also added that we might not see him for a while.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #17
Bobbin TB
Apocalyptic Poster

yea he seemed to be kinda unhappy at seattle. i think he was just tired or touring. he was saying it was an ok show even though i hadnt seen the crowd that excited before. btw it was nice to meet your montelds.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:15 PM   #18
Cherub Angel
Apocalyptic Poster

glad the show was good......sad that Billy isn't feeling it. Something's not right.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:21 PM   #19
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Well I'm glad I didn't try to go to the Vancouver show then. He was very talkative in Seattle... had a long conversation with the crowd before the show, gave us a speech after the end of the show, let the audience know how much he appreciated us, and at the afterparty, had 5-minute conversations with every single person there, as well as signed autographs and took pictures. I think if I had gone to Vancouver afterward, I'd have had a negative feeling about my experience. But as it stands, Seattle was awesome.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:50 PM   #20
MonteLDS
*sigh*

my friend with me said the 2 SF shows were the best of the shows on the west coast. I asked billy what he thought was the best show and he started to talk about how the he wasn't really sure if the songs would hold up during the 1st 5 shows. but after paris things started to pick up nd went well...
i am on fast internet right now but not able to upload that fast.... i got vid to share

Old 07-21-2005, 02:01 AM   #21
MonteLDS
*sigh*

ok pics are being uploaded now

http://66.236.51.227/.hidden/

Old 07-21-2005, 02:55 AM   #22
syntax
Pledge

Hey thanks for the pics and film. I hope you don't mind, I posted them at another forum (but gave you credit!)

Old 07-21-2005, 04:26 AM   #23
TriHell
Pledge

I hope D'arcy being broke didn't mean she had to get rid of the Tonight Tonight set pieces Billy said she kept in her barn. That would be a travesty.

I think Billy just wants to get back to something that felt more right. I'm not surprised that Billy ended up being super moody at the Vancouver show. He was obviously a little disjointed at the Seattle, but open about it. I assume by the time he got up to Vancouver he had kinda reclused it because he hasn't been able to really express himself lately. I mean hell, you make a bold assertion like, "Next time you see me, it'll be fucking on" as he did at the Seattle show, and then have a night on a tour bus to actually think over what's at stake there... jesus, what an existential nightmare.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:46 AM   #24
russian iha
Apocalyptic Poster

"Green C" guitar, does that mean he tunes some of songs to C again?

Old 07-21-2005, 04:49 AM   #25
slunky_munky
Demi-God

Why would Billy lower himself to discussing Darcy's finances to fans? What next, the scoop on Jimmy's herpes exam!

Old 07-21-2005, 05:08 AM   #26
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by russian iha
"Green C" guitar, does that mean he tunes some of songs to C again?
Yes, he plays in C on many of the songs. Check out some of the setlists with the guitars listed.

Old 07-21-2005, 06:07 AM   #27
TriHell
Pledge

Anyone else find it really hard to place where Billy stands with D'arcy? For not speaking to her in years, he certainly has no trouble taking cheap shots at her in his blogs. Then he goes and makes this apparent statement that she worked really hard... what the hell Billy? Do you appreciate her or not?

Old 07-21-2005, 09:20 AM   #28
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by sp0rk
I should point out that when he said that next time he's playing in Seattle it will be as the Pumpkins, he also added that we might not see him for a while.
Well he still needs to finish the solo thing..get the band back together..record a album..then tour...its going to be awhile.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:22 AM   #29
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin TB
yea he seemed to be kinda unhappy at seattle. i think he was just tired or touring. he was saying it was an ok show even though i hadnt seen the crowd that excited before. btw it was nice to meet your montelds.

*wave* How was the drive back to idaho?

Old 07-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #30
tomthum81
Ownz

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by mirrar
but this is NOT something you fucking say to fans. there's no excuse for that or reason to. ugh fucking idiot.
i completely disagree... if he can bare his soul and be completely honest with us in his music. why can't he be in conversation? besides... i think he views us as his friends. people who know as much about him as anybody else... i think on the road it helps to talk to us sometimes.