Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2005, 01:15 AM   #1
GRSuperChris
Demi-God

Default James Broke Up the Band......

Along with D'arcy, Jimmy and of course Billy "Pumpkinhead" Corgan! D'arcy with her drugs and attitude about actually helping in the band. Jimmy for his drugs, although he is forgiven in my book(for cleaning up his act and actually making an effort to re-unite the band). James for giving up and not wanting to do it anymore (which actually, you can't blame him much). Billy on the other hand has the be the biggest factor. Why I agree it is his band. He could have been more inclined to talk to the other band members and maybe try to understand how they were feeling and try to be a peacemaker. He could have been a nicer person and give the other members a little control. You wonder why James made a solo album? I mean he had what? 4 songs total on the 8 albums(yes I counted P.I. and AFH - Because who buys singles seperately)? Maybe,.....but I doubt it.....Billy will see the error of his ways and help to make something that was great....GREAT AGAIN!

Old 07-28-2005, 01:19 AM   #2
COG
Apocalyptic Poster

What in the world are you talking about?
Maybe James did a solo album because he wanted to do his own album. Wow, what a thought. Maybe he didn't sing songs too often because, Billy was the front man.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:22 AM   #3
GRSuperChris
Demi-God

I know that I am just saying maybe If he tried more or Billy let him He could have helped more in the band. Maybe Billy wouldn't let him put a lot of songs on the albums cause his were mostly better.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:59 AM   #4
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Re: James Broke Up the Band......

Quote:
Originally posted by GRSuperChris
Along with D'arcy, Jimmy and of course Billy "Pumpkinhead" Corgan! D'arcy with her drugs and attitude about actually helping in the band. Jimmy for his drugs, although he is forgiven in my book(for cleaning up his act and actually making an effort to re-unite the band). James for giving up and not wanting to do it anymore (which actually, you can't blame him much). Billy on the other hand has the be the biggest factor. Why I agree it is his band. He could have been more inclined to talk to the other band members and maybe try to understand how they were feeling and try to be a peacemaker. He could have been a nicer person and give the other members a little control. You wonder why James made a solo album? I mean he had what? 4 songs total on the 8 albums(yes I counted P.I. and AFH - Because who buys singles seperately)? Maybe,.....but I doubt it.....Billy will see the error of his ways and help to make something that was great....GREAT AGAIN!

I am so happy that James only had 4 or so song. They are not too good if you haven;t noticed. They are not SP quality. It is not Billys fault. Iha is a grown man and he needs to stop being such a pussy. He does not make the Pumpkins what they are. I can blame him just as much for being so damn lazy and not doing very much to help out. He was an order-taker.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:13 AM   #5
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Default Re: Re: James Broke Up the Band......

Quote:
Originally posted by Corgan Rules

I am so happy that James only had 4 or so song. They are not too good if you haven;t noticed. They are not SP quality. It is not Billys fault. Iha is a grown man and he needs to stop being such a pussy. He does not make the Pumpkins what they are. I can blame him just as much for being so damn lazy and not doing very much to help out. He was an order-taker.
Has Billy ever done anything wrong in your eyes? If so, what?

Old 07-28-2005, 03:48 AM   #6
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Exclamation Re: James Broke Up the Band......

Quote:
(yes I counted P.I. and AFH - Because who buys singles seperately)?
A true fan would!

Old 07-28-2005, 04:52 AM   #7
tcm
Braindead

Unhappy Re: James Broke Up the Band......

Quote:
8 albums (yes I counted PI and TAFH - Because who buys singles separately)
everybody, in the '90s.

Old 07-28-2005, 04:55 AM   #8
TriHell
Pledge

Godamnit, I'm so tired of saying no one was important because Billy is the man in charge. Anyone who says so if obviously an ignorant lout who has never been in a band before or been the primary song writer. Even if it was Billy writing all the songs, you don't just say, "The fuck with ya, I'm doing what I want!" I know it seems like Billy did that, but step back for a moment. Did Zwan sound like The Smashing Pumpkins? Did the Future Embrace? Yeah, a little, cause it's Corgan and his nasally vocals, but did it really feel like he was writing the same sort of songs exactly?

And why in the fuck would Billy want his band back together if he could do it alone?

If any of you have ever been in multiple bands and contributed or been the primary song writer, you'd know right off that different combinations of people inspire different songs. If you're a decent composer at all, you write music towards the strengths of your bandmates, even if you don't know it. My high school band had a feeling all its own, and I can't play those songs with other people - it doesn't feel right - nor do I have the the inspiration to write songs like those. During my sophomore year at college I managed to keep the same bass player, but went through four different drummers. Just that singular person changing around dynamically changed what I could and could not do as the songwriter. Each show with each different drummer had radically different material and a totally different feel. I'd try to come into each new situation playing a few songs that myself and my bassist knew to test the air - then I'd have to go back and write four or five new songs or pull something out that didn't work with a previous drummer to fit the new ensemble. Now I'm back with the drummer I had in high school, but we're missing a bassist, and the songs need to be completely different. Even playing the old high school songs feels really different and they take on something new, just because its a different chemistry of people.

So for you, that is, every ignorant reamer who says the pumpkins don't need james and/or d'arcy to be the pumpkins that we all love and cherish, you can go piss off. The Smashing Pumpkins are, and forever will be, Billy, D'arcy, James, and Jimmy.

Old 07-28-2005, 04:55 AM   #9
'|' jIMMY '|'
Apocalyptic Poster

Early 90s people rocks!

Old 07-28-2005, 02:20 PM   #10
DevilsHaircut
Amish Rake Fighter

Default Re: Re: James Broke Up the Band......

Quote:

James co-wrote Mayonaise and that was definitely one of the better Pumpkins songs. Personally, I like a lot of his stuff. it's different but that doesn't make it bad.
And as for not doing a lot to help out, he was the only member who stayed with the band the entire time (beside billy of course). I really don't think that doing that, plus writing songs on the side, makes him "lazy".

Old 07-28-2005, 02:31 PM   #11
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs down Re: James Broke Up the Band......

Quote:
He could have been more inclined to talk to the other band members and maybe try to understand how they were feeling and try to be a peacemaker. He could have been a nicer person and give the other members a little control.
Moron.

Old 07-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #12
HorseflyKing
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Re: James Broke Up the Band......

Quote:
You wonder why James made a solo album?
Because it's a good album.
Yes it is.

Old 07-28-2005, 02:50 PM   #13
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking Re: Re: James Broke Up the Band......

Quote:

Maybe the other songs were great because Billy was giving his all because they were his songs, and James was putting in the effort to make them as good as they could be, and the combination of the two of them produced that level of quality. Maybe James's songs didn't turn out as good because Billy couldn't be bothered putting in the effort because they weren't his songs, even though James had such a great attitude towards recording Billy's stuff. Maybe Billy was damn lazy and jealous and didn't want to help out

Old 07-28-2005, 10:48 PM   #14
gloomy0
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally posted by TriHell

So for you, that is, every ignorant reamer who says the pumpkins don't need james and/or d'arcy to be the pumpkins that we all love and cherish, you can go piss off. The Smashing Pumpkins are, and forever will be, Billy, D'arcy, James, and Jimmy.
I totally agree. I know a few people that hold that opinion. I think they forget humanity behind the pumpkin's sound is derived from the synergy created by the 4 band members. Just look at the difference Jimmy's abscence made to the whole sound of the band, even on tour when they had a replacement drummer.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:44 PM   #15
Shakedown1979
Pledge

Default Re: Re: Re: James Broke Up the Band......

Quote:
Originally posted by DeviousJ

Maybe the other songs were great because Billy was giving his all because they were his songs, and James was putting in the effort to make them as good as they could be, and the combination of the two of them produced that level of quality. Maybe James's songs didn't turn out as good because Billy couldn't be bothered putting in the effort because they weren't his songs, even though James had such a great attitude towards recording Billy's stuff. Maybe Billy was damn lazy and jealous and didn't want to help out
maybe you should stop reaching and realize Iha sucks.