Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2002, 07:52 PM   #61
generationxyu
Amish Rake Fighter

billy, i agree. OMG IM TALKING 2 BOLLY!!!!!!!! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif just kidding. seriously, if you read this, please contact me. i know you get this a lot, but i just want to thank you for all the great times. i hope to see you with zwan at jamboree, and i was about 10 ft from you at Act 4, in the balcony.

but back on topic-
seriously, fuck you. as bc says in let me give the world to you, "i wouldn't change a thing." maybe of course i wish the girl in ireland hadn't died, i wish jon melvoin wouldn't have died, etc. but these tragedies have opened new oppurtunities for the band. would adore have happened if jimmy hadn't been kicked out? probably not. and i challenge you to say you wish adore hadn't happened.

machina was, in my opinion, one of the greatest concepts i've ever seen in rock. it's really on the level of yellow submarine. billy made a character and stuck with that. you don't really need to find out exactly what everything means and what significance the face in the water on one of the plates has. it's about a feeling, to me. then machina 2 took that one step further, and showed somewhat what went into making that album, and what went in to assuming these personas (glass's theme). the mystery (chapters 1-7) seems to be an attempt to explain it to the laypeople, but it still requires a lot of interpretation, and i think the modern fable story ties that together very well.

to come is GATMOG. i expect only the best from this, and i hope it will rock. i think the music on it will be really cool remixes and covers, and i think the concept in general will be totally awesome.

to sum up, leave the man alone. he may have fucked up, but at least he stayed true to himself and to us. and be honest, you like getting your mind fucked with by machina.

rock on, everybody

(billy, please email me if you see this. my address is [email protected]. thank you.)
don't you fuckin' forget
it." -- WPC

Old 03-29-2002, 07:57 PM   #62
Mayfuck
Banned

I think I'm going to cry into my pillow now.

Old 03-29-2002, 08:26 PM   #63
Travis Meekz
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mayfuck:
I think I'm going to cry into my pillow now.
I just threw up into mine

Old 03-30-2002, 01:14 AM   #64
doctor awkward
Amish Rake Fighter

excellent thread.

Old 03-30-2002, 01:19 AM   #65
CandyPotter
Demi-God

"Someone had blundered!"

... Woolf, anyone?

Old 03-30-2002, 01:59 AM   #66
~* Disarmed Wings *~
Amish Rake Fighter

doctor awkward

excellent thread????

Old 03-30-2002, 04:50 AM   #67
Lady of the Sacred Heart
Amish Rake Fighter

Talking

hey, Billy,
you just watch me create a musical legacy,you just watch me....just watch me.....watch me......me.

Old 03-30-2002, 09:33 AM   #68
NegaBenji
Banned

Red face

I'm sure I woke up this morning...

Old 03-30-2002, 10:30 AM   #69
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Bah!

EDIT: No wait, he isn't even a mod...his stars are all one image

/me suspects me is out the loop

------------------
no bodies ever knew, no bodies felt like you.

[This message has been edited by Woody (edited 03-30-2002).]

Old 03-30-2002, 01:45 PM   #70
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy's greatest mistake was letting that camera person take that Gish-era picture of him where he's in that faggot dress and his nuts are showing. Case closed.

Old 03-30-2002, 05:09 PM   #71
doctor awkward
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally posted by ~* Disarmed Wings *~:
doctor awkward

excellent thread????
yes.

Old 03-30-2002, 07:24 PM   #72
raygun187
Pledge

Quote:
Originally posted by generationxyu:
billy, i agree. OMG IM TALKING 2 BOLLY!!!!!!!! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif just kidding. seriously, if you read this, please contact me. i know you get this a lot, but i just want to thank you for all the great times. i hope to see you with zwan at jamboree, and i was about 10 ft from you at Act 4, in the balcony.

but back on topic-
seriously, fuck you. as bc says in let me give the world to you, "i wouldn't change a thing." maybe of course i wish the girl in ireland hadn't died, i wish jon melvoin wouldn't have died, etc. but these tragedies have opened new oppurtunities for the band. would adore have happened if jimmy hadn't been kicked out? probably not. and i challenge you to say you wish adore hadn't happened.

machina was, in my opinion, one of the greatest concepts i've ever seen in rock. it's really on the level of yellow submarine. billy made a character and stuck with that. you don't really need to find out exactly what everything means and what significance the face in the water on one of the plates has. it's about a feeling, to me. then machina 2 took that one step further, and showed somewhat what went into making that album, and what went in to assuming these personas (glass's theme). the mystery (chapters 1-7) seems to be an attempt to explain it to the laypeople, but it still requires a lot of interpretation, and i think the modern fable story ties that together very well.

to come is GATMOG. i expect only the best from this, and i hope it will rock. i think the music on it will be really cool remixes and covers, and i think the concept in general will be totally awesome.

to sum up, leave the man alone. he may have fucked up, but at least he stayed true to himself and to us. and be honest, you like getting your mind fucked with by machina.

rock on, everybody

(billy, please email me if you see this. my address is [email protected]. thank you.)

dear god....

Old 03-31-2002, 02:13 AM   #73
CandyPotter
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally posted by Reyngel:
Billy's greatest mistake was letting that camera person take that Gish-era picture of him where he's in that faggot dress and his nuts are showing. Case closed.

Old 03-31-2002, 03:37 AM   #74
redconfetti
Amish Rake Fighter

Yeah. I'd have to say that Machina doesn't make any sense, and I've come to reject mysticism, so Machina is no longer important to me as a conceptual album. Maybe one day I'll know the true meaning of it, but I don't think the meaning matters.

If you want something that truly will help you, check out the principles of Ayn Rand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-31-2002, 11:03 PM   #75
~Dirty_Tears_of_Ecstasy~

there is a picture where billys nuts are showing? I don't think i've seen that one...

Old 03-31-2002, 11:22 PM   #76
Siamese Dreamer
Oblivious Virgin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Dirty_Tears_of_Ecstasy~:
Oh, come the fuck on now. I am NEVER at this board, but when I do come in, people are critizing Billy and his work? I'd like to see the rest of you try to create the ingenius work he has. You can't call him an Asshole, or an egomaniac unless you've lived a day in his shoes, and saw the world at his point of view. I don't think Billy has fucked up in any way with the pumpkins or Zwan, and he is just being Billy, how can you tell him to do otherwise? I would just like to say that, of course I do favor some albums more than others, The Pumpkins have never been anything but themselves, and that's what's made them great.

(By the way, what the fuck is up with "Bolly"? Does he like being called that? It just sounds like a nickname a bunch of obsessed teeny-boppers made up...)

Good Call, let the people who actually like the music and everything to have a voice!!! Don't stand by and listen to everyone billy bashing

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 04-01-2002, 02:13 AM   #77
smux
Pledge

Quote:
Originally posted by Siamese Dreamer:

Good Call, let the people who actually like the music and everything to have a voice!!! Don't stand by and listen to everyone billy bashing

You Fuck Head.

There,I'm not bashing Billy, I'm bashing you, is that allowed? I'm obviously not familiar with the rules of Fandom, please educate.

[This message has been edited by smux (edited 04-01-2002).]

all things change.......

Old 04-01-2002, 03:22 AM   #78
THRILLHO
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
machina was, in my opinion, one of the greatest concepts i've ever seen in rock. it's really on the level of yellow submarine. )
LAUGHING OUT LOUD!
i don't need my eyes to see.
my eyes have only lied to me.
swallow what you've been given
and your visions will outlive them.

Old 04-01-2002, 03:26 AM   #79
THRILLHO
Apocalyptic Poster

all you see are praise threads. praise threads have all been done to death. it's been established the band does not suck. criticism threads allow a greater level of discussion.

[This message has been edited by THRILLHO (edited 04-01-2002).]
i don't need my eyes to see.
my eyes have only lied to me.
swallow what you've been given
and your visions will outlive them.

Old 04-01-2002, 03:58 AM   #80
strange_one
No Chance

Quote:
i wish the girl in ireland hadn't died, i wish jon melvoin wouldn't have died, etc.

good point, spastic

------------------
http://www.dragcity.com/catalog/records/dc162.jpg
You're thinking on your feet...while you're sittin' there...on your ass

Old 04-02-2002, 04:38 AM   #81
Siamese Dreamer
Oblivious Virgin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by smux:

[This message has been edited by smux (edited 04-01-2002).]
Well Cock Head, I don't know what relanvance your comments have to my world seeing I was never talking to you, and havn't heard from you prior to your last msg, There are no rules, and you are a wanker.

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 04-02-2002, 05:53 AM   #82
smux
Pledge

Quote:

Well Cock Head, I don't know what relanvance your comments have to my world seeing I was never talking to you, and havn't heard from you prior to your last msg, There are no rules, and you are a wanker.

[/b]
Actually you made a general statement about Corgan Bashing, you were talking to everyone. And the reason you havent heard from me since the last message, is because you were too much of a little prick to reply with anything of relevance. You stated my point, there are no rules, people can post what they want, so shut the fuck up.

all things change.......

Old 04-02-2002, 06:17 PM   #83
Siamese Dreamer
Oblivious Virgin

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by smux:
Actually you made a general statement about Corgan Bashing, you were talking to everyone. And the reason you havent heard from me since the last message, is because you were too much of a little prick to reply with anything of relevance. You stated my point, there are no rules, people can post what they want, so shut the fuck up.

Fuck You're a Dick, So I wasn't talking to you, I didn't even see you post scathing remarks about Corgan, yet u see it fit to hassle me about it, well I'm glad your life is so utterly devoid of meaning that you have to fill in you time abusing people with opinions that are not in-line with yours and then make poor attempts to twist the discussion and mind fuck them so u look like less of a cock head.....

NICE ONE DUDE, I WISH I COULD BE THAT COOL

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 04-02-2002, 06:24 PM   #84
Siamese Dreamer
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:

Fuck You're a Dick, I wasn't talking to you, I didn't even see you post scathing remarks about Corgan, yet u see it fit to hassle me about it, well I'm glad your life is so utterly devoid of meaning that you have to fill in your time abusing people with opinions that are not in-line with yours and then make poor attempts to twist the discussion and mind fuck them so u look like less of a cock head.....

NICE ONE DUDE, I WISH I COULD BE THAT COOL

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 04-02-2002, 07:23 PM   #85
Aeroplane
Minion of Satan

I missed something here, too? And oh, btw, CandyPotter, I'm in love with you.

Old 04-02-2002, 11:26 PM   #86
smux
Pledge

Quote:

What happened sparky, you forget what you posted a few minutes before? I dont care if your opinions are different than mine, I just hate seeing stupid fucken posts like "Leave Billy Alone, dont you realize he's God!" Your a waste, i tried to point something out to you, and you just cant take your head out of your ass, so ok,fine. And if I wanted to act cool I'd do something stupid like try and write |!>3 +h!z. Or maybe make all my post in color so people could see what a unique asswipe I was. So basically all I have to say is this: God I hope your sterile.

all things change.......

Old 04-03-2002, 12:21 AM   #87
GlassDreams
Pledge

Talking

Quote:
cock head
haha....you're killing me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AIM: Toob83

Old 04-03-2002, 12:37 AM   #88
CandyPotter
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeroplane:
I missed something here, too? And oh, btw, CandyPotter, I'm in love with you.
Ah so, someone got my joke? That's a first. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Old 04-03-2002, 02:18 AM   #89
ZackZ
Mister Class and Quality

Biggest blunders:
1.) Releasing Machina 1 instead of 2.
2.) The "mystery"

The mystery is bullshit. Machina had no fucking concept. The Wall, Tommy, Dark Side of the Moon.....THOSE had concepts. Machina was just.....BLAH.

Old 04-03-2002, 02:34 AM   #90
Siamese Dreamer
Oblivious Virgin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by THRILLHO:
all you see are praise threads. praise threads have all been done to death. it's been established the band does not suck. criticism threads allow a greater level of discussion.

[This message has been edited by THRILLHO (edited 04-01-2002).]

Thank you for posting the first non-fucked up explanation of this thread!!! At least you have the intellegence to argue a point, and yes I concede, make a damn good point as well. Hero worship is not my thing, but I have a huge amount of respect for billy Corgan and therefor hate seeing mindless halfwits critising his work, dreams and vision... that is wrong, but as you say to actual consturctive criticism is a good thing and does open a door to higher levels of discussion, it's when slack jawed yokels post the criticism as destructive by using words like blunders and being generally insulting that I have a prob. so thanx dud, your post actually had merit....

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U