Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2015, 05:51 AM   #31
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

mmm yeah i'm not sure I believe you

Old 10-21-2015, 05:53 AM   #32
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

BTW if you wanted to take the high road you missed your turnoff quite a few posts ago when you insisted that Catherine Wheel's analysis of your music was objectively wrong because you didn't like it.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:37 AM   #33
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Maybe you did maybe you didn't, regardless the second you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvegetable View Post
I can't really take you seriously after you said 'the music is alright' - it's certainly better than alright.
Quote:
100% spiteful nastiness disguised as critique from Netphorians - who didn't listen to more than half a song... pretty much as predicted!
you waived your capacity to claim to be above the opinions of us common nepthorians ages back. If you actually had confidence in your music and weren't being a colossal wanker then the opinions of us lowly netphorians wouldn't mean jack squat to you. But you dug in, you had to have the last word, and you relentlessly posted the small handful of positive reviews you'd received (which btw came with a promise of more "gushing" reviews that were never shared), all of which is evidence that you're too precious to handle negative feedback. Me? I post here, this is my community. If you feel like you're above this particular internet community that's fine, you're welcome to feel that way, although maybe you could have done us all the favour of not having bothered us with your music in the first place if you're so far above our meagre uninformed opinions about it. But if you come around here, talk down to the people who frequent the board, ask for feedback about your music and then argue with everyone who doesn't get on their knees and suck your dick, you've proven yourself to not be above anything. You do your music, your bandmates and your brand a disservice by having even started this thread, let alone taking the time to complain when you don't get what you want out of the transaction that you decided to engage. This whole thread is embarrassing for the other three people in your band.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:08 AM   #34
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

dude, you came into this thread saying you were "expcting the usual Netphoria scorn" and then you whinged when you received it. The comments of yours I posted weren't even in response to me saying it "sucks hard" (which btw - I gave you positive feedback right up until you started being a cockhead) - they were in response to Catherine Wheel, who was nice enough to take the time out and listen to your band, which he was under no obligation to do. He listened to it, assessed it, and said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
The music is alright but I just can't get past how bad the singing is.
In response to which you felt the need to TELL him that the music is "certainly better than alright", which is a comment that is transparently douchey. If you had responded to me telling you that your music "sucks hard" I would have validated my argument with a list of all the elements of your music that I felt sucked hard. But you didn't go after me, you went after someone who took the time to give you their honest opinion about your music, after having you done the favour of having taken precious seconds they could have spent listening to something better out of their finite lifespan to assess how they feel about your music for no other reason than that you asked them to.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:13 AM   #35
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

PS - in response to this question:

Quote:
if a term such as 'sucks hard' is used, do you really expect me not to respond?
yes, I expect you to not respond, if you are an artist that is worth half a shit. Go on message boards and plug your band by all means, it's a brutal market and we're all trying to pay our way; but when you go onto a notoriously antagonistic forum, acknowledge that you're expecting antagonism, and then respond to every bit of negative feedback in detail by insisting that people just don't get it, all you're achieving is damaging your brand by exposing your inner douchebaggery for all the world to see.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:18 AM   #36
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

if you call what you've displayed in this thread "finesse", sure.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:22 AM   #37
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

so basically what you're saying is that you're happy to throw your music open to an internet community which has been well known for a decade plus to be a hive of negativity, but if someone uses the word "sucks" to describe your music as a result, you're going to let them know why they're wrong for having said that?

Old 10-21-2015, 07:23 AM   #38
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

jesus christ man god forbid something actually bad should happen to you in your life, if you can't deal with someone on netphoria of all places telling you that your band sucks imagine how you'll deal with an actual crisis.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #39
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I didn't like what I heard of your music, sorry.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:27 AM   #40
D.
Consume my pants.

Ok cool u got a few more clicks, greatgreenbean, go away now.

Or die in a fire. Whichever.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #41
Elphenor
Braindead

Should get back to his "broadly interesting life"

Old 10-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #42
Elphenor
Braindead

despite bad things happening to him

Old 10-21-2015, 01:25 PM   #43
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
That last post was just plain unadulterated dickishness - seeking a link between 'bad stuff' happening and responding to someone being spiteful in their assessment of my music is about as fucking reductive as it gets. Perhaps consider that responding to these posts really isn't engaging my brain in any way and that some people just won't be disparaged without hitting back. I couldn't give a fuck how 'well known' this board is - it's a fucking message board and I have a broadly interesting life in the real world... in spite of all the bad things that have happened to me!

If you hit me, I'll hit back - if you hit me with text, ditto!

Are you the Twitter guy btw? I actually think you're quite funny.
I wasn't implying you're an asshole because of some personal trauma, I'm implying that if you're such a precious little Prima Donna that you can't handle people talking shit on your band on the Internet, it's going to be hard for you to handle something really bad happening, like say stubbing your toe or being held up in traffic. Because those two things are worse than someone online telling you that your vocals suck by an order of magnitudes.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:26 PM   #44
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

But yeah i concur with D it's time for you to leave now.

Old 10-21-2015, 03:36 PM   #45
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
In fact, I've received several PMs from people letting me know that you're a professional cunt
this definitely didnt happen

Old 10-21-2015, 07:52 PM   #46
fuzzyroes
Banned

The musics not too bad or anything, the production aside from the vocals is really solid. It's a good effort.

Great Vegetable: You should really set aside your ego and get someone else to sing though. It doesn't mean that you can't write all of the melodies and lyrics and all that, you'd simply just be getting someone else to sing it. This kinda music needs a singer with a great voice just passionately giving it their all. It's really the only shot you guys have if you wanna progress further than where you're at now.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #47
Trotskilicious
Banned

fwiw i bet everyone told bill that

Old 10-21-2015, 07:57 PM   #48
fuzzyroes
Banned

But despite all of Corgans flaws, you could really tell he was just giving it his all. The passion was always undeniable and it possessed a palpable energy.

I'd have to agree with the other poster who said that the Microdances vocals sounded kinda forced and you can tell he's not projecting very well. Corgan never had any problems with that.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:00 PM   #49
fuzzyroes
Banned

Honestly though, Vegetable: if you were working with a good producer it could possibly be something that they could address and work with you on so it so it sounds better on the recording

Old 10-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #50
slunken
Virgo

i read this thread title and i keep thinking disco-punk has made a comeback

Old 10-21-2015, 08:40 PM   #51
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
this absolutely never happened

why do you have to lie about everything?
It's a top 5 most obvious lies ever told on netphoria.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:51 PM   #52
Trotskilicious
Banned

the other four spots are all sppunk