Originally Posted by Ihaguitar View Post
"Angel of Death"

ANGEL OF DEATH

Old 08-10-2015, 07:11 AM   #62
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams of glass View Post
doesn't the Slayer song 'Angel of Death' glorify the Nazi physician Josef Mengele?

not cool, man.
Yes. Also, Marilyn Manson had one of his ribs removed so he could give himself a blowjob, KISS stands for "Knights In Satan's Service" and if you play Black Sabbath albums backwards you can hear Ozzy telling you to kill yourself.

See this is what I mean when I tell you you're not even good at being shit at posting.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:12 AM   #63
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

that's really weak, vix. you can troll better.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:17 AM   #64
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
Yes. Also, Marilyn Manson had one of his ribs removed so he could give himself a blowjob, KISS stands for "Knights In Satan's Service" and if you play Black Sabbath albums backwards you can hear Ozzy telling you to kill yourself.

See this is what I mean when I tell you you're not even good at being shit at posting.
yes, and everything you read is real, right?

Old 08-10-2015, 07:34 AM   #65
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Guys I just had an insight. DoG is the netphorian equivalent of Vincent Adultman:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/11a07a3af...xpko1_1280.jpg

Old 08-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #66
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

he is the netphorian equivalent of A Fucking Idiot

Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #67
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

hey Dreams Of Glass I made you a present:

http://i.imgur.com/cxJW1Xj.png

it's your own avatar as cropped to not have hulking, ugly white lines on two edges of it. Took two seconds to make. You're welcome.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #68
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Yeah, I mean, I get it and I probably am wrong on this. I

Im just real glad Eulogy chose to focus on the most important part of this story.
I also answered your question but alright

Old 08-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #69
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
White trash is an inherently racist term and you should not use it.
Black on white racism is such a Fox News sort of concern. Sure it happens, but without the 200 years of institutional, economic oppression it falls somewhat flat. Headline: WHITE STUDENT GETS CALLED WHITE TRASH BY BLACK STUDENT. Because racism happens to everyone equally and we should just ignore it in order to achieve a post-racial society. It's like those Christian movies that focus on the 9 months pregnant 13 year old who is forced to have an abortion by her evil secular aunt, or the EMT who gives last rights to everyone and is dumped by the evil union for sharing god with a dying man. Because this shit happens all of the time and the WASPs are so oppressed.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:47 PM   #70
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Basically you've got it.

It's not racist against white people. In case there's confusion there.

Old 08-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #71
Starla

I dealt with some racism last summer. As you know I live and work on a reservation. A. was getting picked on by some native boys.. and although she's part native, she's fair skinned. These boys were calling her white bitch..... shoving her off her bike.. kicking at her, etc. I found out where they live, and went to talk to their parents... turns out the parents were just has horrible as their children. The mother flipped out and threatened to kill me if I ever stepped onto her property again.

So what did I do? Made a police report.... and every time the police went to their door they wouldn't answer. Nothing came of it... and then my tires got stabbed. It's been quiet since.

But that whole ordeal has changed A. in the way that she used to feel free to ride her bike everywhere unafraid around the neighborhood...this summer I got her into an art and swim class, and she's doing better but she will not ride her bike down the street anymore. Pisses me off.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #72
slunken
Virgo

Need a Bully?

Come on Down to see the Folks at BullyQ

Where Great Service and Customer Satisfaction
Has been Our Motto for over 75 Years.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #73
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
Black on white racism is such a Fox News sort of concern. Sure it happens, but without the 200 years of institutional, economic oppression it falls somewhat flat. Headline: WHITE STUDENT GETS CALLED WHITE TRASH BY BLACK STUDENT. Because racism happens to everyone equally and we should just ignore it in order to achieve a post-racial society. It's like those Christian movies that focus on the 9 months pregnant 13 year old who is forced to have an abortion by her evil secular aunt, or the EMT who gives last rights to everyone and is dumped by the evil union for sharing god with a dying man. Because this shit happens all of the time and the WASPs are so oppressed.
You're right, that makes these cases and those similar perfectly alright. What's right in society should only pertain to some, not all.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:44 PM   #74
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I'm pretty sure since meeting him at the oboard, every 10th post of mine directed at CAIC has been a below the belt reference to the Belgian Congo. I just can't help myself.

In my defense I can only say that he initially outraged me by saying that he ate his soft boiled egg with bread soldiers, because unlike in other countries where the bread was so crap it had to be toasted to be edible, his could be dipped and eaten untoasted. Which I took to mean that he felt Belgian bread was superior to the bread of countries where toast soldiers are popular. So I went forward into battle armed with the only thing I knew about Belgians: that they once owned the Congo, including the native fauna item known as the Congolese people, and worked them to death in hot jungles on rubber plantations. It seemed as appropriate a response to any, to his bread elitism.

He regularly calls me a stupid cow. I don't know where he got that from or what significance it has to the ongoing conversation about the Congo.
This is like a perfect encapsulation of vixnix's posts

Old 08-11-2015, 05:08 PM   #75
Cool As Ice Cream

omg i offended her local bread
i am so sorry
and yes, it's all true, (some) belgian bread is far superior

Old 08-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #76
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

you respect their right to say it, just like with yr mom trying to convert your daughter

Old 08-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #77
Trotskilicious
Banned

its what makes america great

Old 08-11-2015, 05:37 PM   #78
bignothing
Demi-God

Not that it matters regarding the kid who said it, but did your nephew's black heritage come from a country where the slur n word was never a thing? I ask this because you mentioned the Hispanic heritage as well, and I guess that makes a difference. The kid was wrong to say it, obviously, but offense can maybe be reduced if your nephew's heritage doesn't really coincide with slavery in the US. Then again, it probably doesn't matter when your nephew is raised in the US where he is likely to be a target of racism regardless.

It's strange how these things work, people do say "black" in Brazil but it has racist connotations and it was the term the Portuguese used to refer to slaves (it also has an affectionate connotation in the diminutive, which may be confusing for foreigners). The race is negro, very close to the racist n word in anglophone countries.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #79
D.
Consume my pants.

Ehhh it depends on the person or situation. In more "professional" or formal situations, people stick with "African American". I happen to think that shit is pandering and awkward. I've only heard white people who are trying too hard to be "textbook pc" ay that.

I say black, or if in context of political conversations, black Americans. Person of Color also works for all non-whites. I'm sure I'm wrong on this though so we'll wait for the language police before we know for sure.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:44 PM   #80
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
you respect their right to say it, just like with yr mom trying to convert your daughter

Old 08-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #81
D.
Consume my pants.

I mean this thread def deserves one star, it was made when I was pissed and drunk but I mean sometimes there are situations in life that kind of require feedback that Google can't necessarily solve so I dunno whatever but I'm very glad it was taken as a chance for me to gleefully sling racial slurs around. God I've been keeping it pent up for so long.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #82
yo soy el mejor

as a person of color, i say person of color when talking about all non-whites or sometimes 'brown people' to be a little more specific. i say latino where others would use hispanic. i also use black and have never heard a black person be bothered by its use. typically it's whites who have a problem with "black". and who cares what they think about that, ya know?!

are y'all mad at D for calling someone white trash or for quoting nigger? both? just wondering.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:55 PM   #83
Eulogy
huh

I wasn't mad. But it's something I'll point out because I think it's important enough to for me to type 12 words about it.

And I think using words in the context of discussing the word itself is fine. But I'm not The Decider so

Old 08-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #84
D.
Consume my pants.

slunken, I suspect, really did think I got.joy out of using the n-word. Which is weird, but he kind of shrugged it off later.

Eulogy stated that white trash is offensive because to single out the white means that non-whites are regular trash. I mean I get what he's saying, I've read bell hooks. But that is a relatively recent theory, and one im not necessarily quite ready to jump on board with.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:58 PM   #85
yo soy el mejor

whatever. i bet he uses the word ghetto.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #86
yo soy el mejor

maybe just use trailer-trash next time. everyone will assume you mean white anyway.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #87
D.
Consume my pants.

In all actuality, part-Mexican would have been better. Sometimes "Hispanic" is my go to but I've seen that called passé.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #88
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
maybe just use trailer-trash next time. everyone will assume you mean white anyway.
True, true.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #89
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
slunken, I suspect, really did think I got.joy out of using the n-word. Which is weird, but he kind of shrugged it off later.

Eulogy stated that white trash is offensive because to single out the white means that non-whites are regular trash. I mean I get what he's saying, I've read bell hooks. But that is a relatively recent theory, and one im not necessarily quite ready to jump on board with.
I did read something about the etymology of the term that I thought made it clear. But I don't remember where and I didn't verify it. But it seems self evident to me. Shrug.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #90
Trotskilicious
Banned

implying poor people are trash is AOK long as its not racial! make fun of their trailers lol, it wont be racist but well still be insulting poor, uneducated white ppl. and thats cool.