Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2007, 12:48 AM   #151
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciGarski
yeah. this is the most sense i've seen silent brian make.

im with you dude. you're not rambling.
now i have to go back to not making sense.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:20 AM   #152
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekdflyfire
yep 1. the original
10th anniversary release:
2. 2-CD Deluxe Edition , remixes, bsides, non-album tracks
3. DualDisc. digitally remastered version of the album + DVD side hi-res sound + videos

Then thats not exactly the same thing as releasing 5 versions at the same fucking time.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #153
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciGarski
pot. kettle. black.
Who says i'm a troll? I've never claimed to be one. Also, I have valid points to bitch about Corgan, and you have still yet to reply to the post where I shoved my foot up your ass. I will assume that you just have nothing to add, thus, I fucking win. Again.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:29 AM   #154
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_brian13
After the release of the fourth studio album from Nine Inch Nails, The Fragile (1999), Reznor's drug usage increased, and Malm launched a civil suit for $2 million worth of unpaid commissions throughout Reznor's career. Countering this, Reznor filed a $10 million suit against Malm for gross financial malfeasance.[1] Reznor claimed that Malm had tricked him into agreeing to pay him 20% of his gross earnings, rather than the net earnings as is industry practice.[2] He claimed that over his recording career he had often been highly influenced by drugs, and that Malm had used this to his advantage to get Reznor's signature on various financial documents. The counter-suit further alleged that their contract permitted Malm to continue to indefinitely collect commissions. Malm's attorney Alan Hirth alleged that Malm had worked without pay for Reznor for many of the early years, and "kept nothing from Reznor."[3]

In 2005 a New York court ordered Malm to repay $2.95 million in lost earnings and damages to Reznor.

The special edition of The Downward Spiral came out while they were in court, when he would need the money. Hmm.

BUt again, heresay.
Aren't record releases planned months in advance. How would trent know he was even going to go to trail, or that he would need the money from such a release at that time?

Also, releasing remastered editions of a 10 year old album, is not that uncommon among major acts. Its been 10 years for, not 4 months like corgan is planning on doing. If mellon collie came out on audio dvd or whatever, i'd think about buying it. Its been 11 years, why not? Coming out with 5 different editions of one album is nowhere near the same situation, and you're really reaching with this whole "manager" shit.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:32 AM   #155
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan

Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.

stop posting so much. i cant stand to see any more of your ugly bitch avatar.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:38 AM   #156
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

I'll get rid of the avatar, if you stop posting all together.

You know, most people would probably miss the avatar more than you. Thats pretty sad.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #157
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan

Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.

it was fine as just boobs, but the oily face makes me gag everytime.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #158
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviousJ
Eh, if it were purely down to the record label then you'd expect the same thing to happen with all the popular bands of the moment - not just a band who've been broken up for 7 years and who reached their sales peak in the mid 90s. I know this kind of thing happens to some extent with other bands, but the multi-version gotta catch 'em all extreme of Zeitgeist seems pretty unprecedented. If it's purely a label decision and it works, they'd do it all the time. If it's purely a label decision and an experiment, why try it with a band whose sales aren't a sure thing?

And anyway, you could say the label said 'ok we're going to use these songs recorded during the sessions to make some special editions', but this DVD sounds like it has much broader scope and had Billy's planning and involvement from the beginning, not something the label could just lay claim to and use as they see fit. And why make it a Best Buy exclusive? Unless there are going to be multiple DVD versions it would make more sense for the label to make it as widely-available as possible, so it may have been part of the deal from the start
isn't this exactly what trent reznor has been talking about? consider billy corgan's core fan base. they are loyal record buyers. this is the same reason year zero costs twice as much as an avril lavigne cd. and it's all completely beyond the bands' control.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:06 AM   #159
halo2534
Oblivious Virgin

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....p=1&id=1766267

Zeitgeist Exclusive
Smashing Pumpkins
SKU: 8574679
Format: CD Genre: Pop
Release Date: 10/30/2007

Our Price: $13.99

Old 10-01-2007, 02:08 AM   #160
smashapumpkin
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissedandGone2
it was fine as just boobs, but the oily face makes me gag everytime.
my avatar is more attractive

Old 10-01-2007, 06:15 AM   #161
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_brian13
After the release of the fourth studio album from Nine Inch Nails, The Fragile (1999), Reznor's drug usage increased, and Malm launched a civil suit for $2 million worth of unpaid commissions throughout Reznor's career. Countering this, Reznor filed a $10 million suit against Malm for gross financial malfeasance.[1] Reznor claimed that Malm had tricked him into agreeing to pay him 20% of his gross earnings, rather than the net earnings as is industry practice.[2] He claimed that over his recording career he had often been highly influenced by drugs, and that Malm had used this to his advantage to get Reznor's signature on various financial documents. The counter-suit further alleged that their contract permitted Malm to continue to indefinitely collect commissions. Malm's attorney Alan Hirth alleged that Malm had worked without pay for Reznor for many of the early years, and "kept nothing from Reznor."[3]

In 2005 a New York court ordered Malm to repay $2.95 million in lost earnings and damages to Reznor.

The special edition of The Downward Spiral came out while they were in court, when he would need the money. Hmm.

BUt again, heresay.

Did I miss the part where it says he had no money. No it says he filed after the guy went after him, he clearly di not give a hit until the guy went after him.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:18 AM   #162
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaniel Buckner
isn't this exactly what trent reznor has been talking about? consider billy corgan's core fan base. they are loyal record buyers. this is the same reason year zero costs twice as much as an avril lavigne cd. and it's all completely beyond the bands' control.

Your mising part of it. They wanted to put a bunch of different versions of Year Zero, and Trent stoped that. The over priced thing happend later.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:19 AM   #163
<sp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo2534
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....p=1&id=1766267

Zeitgeist Exclusive
Smashing Pumpkins
SKU: 8574679
Release Date: 10/30/2007

Our Price: $13.99

i thought other best buy dude stated that it was coming out on 10/16.. not 10/30

Old 10-01-2007, 06:22 AM   #164
Kahlo

Esty, will you give us the Rick Rubin version of LMGTWTY if someone stops posting?

Old 10-01-2007, 07:06 AM   #165
sniffingchimp
Ownz

How many bones has a grown up got?

Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #166
unlachs
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo2534
lol

almost!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #167
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
Aren't record releases planned months in advance. How would trent know he was even going to go to trail, or that he would need the money from such a release at that time?

Also, releasing remastered editions of a 10 year old album, is not that uncommon among major acts. Its been 10 years for, not 4 months like corgan is planning on doing. If mellon collie came out on audio dvd or whatever, i'd think about buying it. Its been 11 years, why not? Coming out with 5 different editions of one album is nowhere near the same situation, and you're really reaching with this whole "manager" shit.
to the top part, it says the suit was launched in 1999

to the bottom part, it, good point. reaching though? i think everyone's reaching to give this man a ton of cred, whatever kind of cred that may be. it's like 50 cent fans truly feeling he is gangsta, regardless of the fact that he does commercials for vitamin water, and hangs out with carson daly. the same goes for xzibihit. trent can say the studio wants to release a bunch of albums and he won't allow it, that too, is heresay.

i saw him a year and a half ago, i think two years now, at horton plaza before his show at soma. he was linked arms with a girl straight out of 50's hoodrats. eating pizza. now he can say and do whatever he wants, but the image you guys try to paint, well that sure doesn't fit it right?

these people aren't exactly what we think they are. aren't as anti establishment or anti whatever we hope. i think we give them more of an image than they lay out for themselves. like everyone did with marylin manson at his peak.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #168
exhausted
Pledge

radiohead> sp,nin etc etc

www.inrainbows.com

Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #169
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

I wouldn't give bill shit, but he goes on about record industry this and record industry that, and then he allows shit like this (multi zeitgiest) after he hasn't sold much of his last albums. I haven't seen reznor talk shit about his label, and then not back it up by telling them to go fuck themselves when they tried to pull the same shit.

Having all those zeitgiest editions, is just unfair to the fans who are willing to buy your album, and not illegally download it. You're basically forcing them to do it at this point.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #170
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo
Esty, will you give us the Rick Rubin version of LMGTWTY if someone stops posting?
If you get a haircut that allows you to look more like a man, then I might consider it.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #171
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
If you get a haircut that allows you to look more like a man, then I might consider it.
might consider? pussy talk, man. quid pro quo, clarice! quid pro quo.

alex, start thinking about the haircut, will you?

Old 10-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #172
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Yeah, I mean, the haircut might not help him. He might still look like a girl.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #173
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i thought your proposed condition clearly included that it had to make him look more like a man.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 AM   #174
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

I'm just making sure kahlo knows the conditions is all.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #175
Kahlo

What If I grow a moustache? Or at least glue some hair to my face?

Would that do it for you?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #176
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

You'd just look like a chick with facial hair. Kinda like davins girlfriend.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #177
Kahlo

http://file032b.bebo.com/2/large/200...575074099l.jpg

can't cut this

Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #178
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Do you ever put your hair in pigtails?

Old 10-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #179
Kahlo

Only if you request it.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #180
Caine Walker
Braindead

so what's the friggin' date on this thing?