Old 07-28-2020, 11:13 AM   #62
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
OMG OMG WOAH

OK THIS FOR BORIS:

AND GLORIOUS LOVELY ALCEST MUSIC FROM ANOTHER WORLD:

Woah that Boris is wicked af, thank you! That and spotified around and nearly everything i heard tickled me right in the parts. Gosh. The texture. The shoegaze and Drone and punk and neverheardanythinglikethisbutplsdontstop. The endless language of guitar vs drum, evolved before our ears. Fuck. It’s time. Gonna deep dive Boris.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:18 AM   #63
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Listen to Wargasm (UK), don't question.

OH MY GOSH (UK)

THIS KICKS MY EARDRUMS (UK)

IN THEIR ASSES (UK)

It’s almost like i can’t handle how frenetic it is (i am old and slow and scared) but there’s like pastiche of 30 or so excellent songs stitched together in this? Like listening to a pastichio medaley at like double speed? Guitars sound wicked, like if big willie corgan hadn’t retreated into oldmansmellinghisownfarts(U.K.) land. Like these are what u call strums, etc

Old 07-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #64
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Woah that Boris is wicked af, thank you! That and spotified around and nearly everything i heard tickled me right in the parts. Gosh. The texture. The shoegaze and Drone and punk and neverheardanythinglikethisbutplsdontstop. The endless language of guitar vs drum, evolved before our ears. Fuck. It’s time. Gonna deep dive Boris.
I love you. I'm so excited I'm shaving my whole body right now.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #65
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

https://open.spotify.com/artist/4C20AUsp5T2VNHmzSTSzYn

Old 07-28-2020, 01:25 PM   #66
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I love you. I'm so excited I'm shaving my whole body right now.
YOU BASTARD! You said I was the only one you'd do that for!

Old 07-28-2020, 01:25 PM   #67
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

So much for tubby time...

Old 07-28-2020, 01:28 PM   #68
FoolofaTook

Don't be mean, hun. The stubble was getting too prickly ...

Old 07-28-2020, 01:45 PM   #69
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Old 07-29-2020, 10:11 AM   #70
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Here are some bandcamp purchases that are probably on spotify. Some local or rare stuff is probably bc only. One of my favorite albums of the year in Midwife - Forever. Since it's summer time pandemic season you may also want to check out the Purple Mountains album released July 12, 2019.

That Midwife record is stunning, thank u! Haven’t had a chance to get to the others yet but wanted to say, holy cow! Midwife! Never had listened or heard of this band before. Gotta say 2018 hit me really hard, what a heavy track. Whole record has a vibe of like don’t wanna face this but yep we’re gonna face this. Humane, though. Not trying to harsh my mellow unduly, which i appreciate

Yeah so what’s the story with midwife! And what should i check out next in your opinion? Just go thru these in order or is there any standouts to which u would enjoy to draw my attentions toward pointing at? THANKS

Old 07-29-2020, 10:48 AM   #71
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
And what should i check out next in your opinion? Just go thru these in order or is there any standouts to which u would enjoy to draw my attentions toward pointing at? THANKS
Two part reply. edit: promise to get back to Midwife later

Mamaleek - Come and See (a must listen imho. Wow! A fav album of 2020. "Mamaleek seek to weaponize the tropes of blues, jazz and black metal through an understanding of their respective formal structures." Oh yeah, no one really knows who they are other than 2 brothers from San Francisco and if some people do they ain't sayin)

Purple Mountains - Purple Mountains (a must listen imho. one of my fav albums of 2019. so fucking sad - more on that later edit: but it sounds like a happy summertime album and it is so good!)

Cursive - Vitriola (a must listen imho. a fav album of 2018. they are pissed. ever hear their 2003 album The Ugly Organ? that kind of pissed)

Lingua Ignota - CALIGULA (a must listen imho. a fave album of 2019. she is amazing.)

Lingua Ignota - O Ruthless Great Divine Director (check this out! might be bc only?)

Street Sects - you may love them or hate them. I love them.

Dalmatian - Pain Threshold (only one song but highly recommended, hopefully not bc only. She also fronts King Woman and a bunch of other great bands/projects)

Jason Lytle - RIP Coyote Condo #5 (you may know Jason from Grandaddy. Only one song & hopefully not bc only)

Kill the Vultures - The Careless Flame (local hip hip duo, really nice esp if you like Jazz)

Tim Kasher - Tim sings in Cursive. I hope you and your partner never break up but if you do check out The Game of Monogamy and No Resolution

Valet (rock), HHRRIISSTT (hardcore, punk), Murder Shoes (rock, pop) and WAVELESS (shoegaze) are all local and may not be on Spotify? Really great releases either way.

Last edited by MplsTaper : 07-29-2020 at 12:01 PM. Reason: 2 edits within the post

Old 07-29-2020, 02:09 PM   #72
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
houses is another good mellow band

super mellow

on druuuugs

i guess the singles are Fast Talk and Bad Checks

more mellow is the 2013 album A Quiet Darkness
Oooooooooh. Ooh!

(Goodness, me.)

This is right up my backalley, thank you. Blessings of gosh upon you! Yay!

Goodness, gonna listen up a buncha this while i watch this slow gray thunderboomer comin in over the sliver of treetopped horizon that the fat/slow trashflies and i can see, here, from the garage

Old 07-29-2020, 02:15 PM   #73
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Mamaleek - Come and See (a must listen imho. Wow! A fav album of 2020. "Mamaleek seek to weaponize the tropes of blues, jazz and black metal through an understanding of their respective formal structures." Oh yeah, no one really knows who they are other than 2 brothers from San Francisco and if some people do they ain't sayin)

Purple Mountains - Purple Mountains (a must listen imho. one of my fav albums of 2019. so fucking sad - more on that later edit: but it sounds like a happy summertime album and it is so good!)

Cursive - Vitriola (a must listen imho. a fav album of 2018. they are pissed. ever hear their 2003 album The Ugly Organ? that kind of pissed)

Lingua Ignota - CALIGULA (a must listen imho. a fave album of 2019. she is amazing.)

Lingua Ignota - O Ruthless Great Divine Director (check this out! might be bc only?)

Dalmatian - Pain Threshold (only one song but highly recommended, hopefully not bc only. She also fronts King Woman and a bunch of other great bands/projects)

Jason Lytle - RIP Coyote Condo #5 (you may know Jason from Grandaddy. Only one song & hopefully not bc only)

Kill the Vultures - The Careless Flame (local hip hip duo, really nice esp if you like Jazz)

Tim Kasher - Tim sings in Cursive. I hope you and your partner never break up but if you do check out The Game of Monogamy and No Resolution

Valet (rock), HHRRIISSTT (hardcore, punk), Murder Shoes (rock, pop) and WAVELESS (shoegaze) are all local and may not be on Spotify? Really great releases either way.
Holy shit, thanks

Gonna take me awhile to get to all of these but im gonna have fun with your recs, i can already tell.

It’s so exciting hearing all this brand new stuff after checking out the last decade or so. Thanks again for your time, recs, and excellent taste!

Old 07-29-2020, 02:22 PM   #74
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

If you're on a Tim Kasher/Cursive trip, don't sleep on The Good Life. Mellow but really strong songwriting.

Old 07-29-2020, 03:24 PM   #75
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

what's the matter R2P, afraid to get into a little hippup ?

Old 07-29-2020, 04:27 PM   #76
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

He listened to Malibu Ken what more do you want GAWD

Old 07-30-2020, 09:37 AM   #77
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
what's the matter R2P, afraid to get into a little hippup ?
You talkin some rap? Actually it’s hard for me to listen to rap at work cause my work is word based so if someone’s rappin some quick kickass words in my earholes it takes over my brainwaves and renders my eyeballs and hands unable to do their worktasks. Which results in performance improvement plans, last chance warnings, job loss, and eventual starvation

So, yeah, maybe this weekend? Which trax or albums do u most wanna pump @ me?

Old 07-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #78
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Purple Mountains just made me weep three tracks in. Haven’t heard of this before know nothing of this fellow singing.

But holy smokes he is indeed a sage, and appears to be thoroughly acquainted with the true sadness of the longsuffering lonely world

Old 07-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #79
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

well, not sure about "Satanic" but based on a couple of other things you mentioned a few pages back I'm sure one of these will "float your boat"

Quote:

Old 07-30-2020, 10:02 AM   #80
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
well, not sure about "Satanic" but based on a couple of other things you mentioned a few pages back I'm sure one of these will "float your boat"

Wicked thanks ill try to pump these in my 0:15 mid-day protein break

Old 07-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #81
FoolofaTook

Thumbs up

midwife is hella gud huh

Old 07-31-2020, 02:54 PM   #82
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Sure I mean disregard all my posts, no problem

Old 07-31-2020, 03:48 PM   #83
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

post/av

but also, hertz donut

Old 07-31-2020, 07:14 PM   #84
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
have you heard the record after Hairshirt of Purpose? it's called Green and Gray and it's great

also check out Big Thief

any album will do I suppose, Two Hands is the latest one
Dammit for some reason i read this as u recommending not 1 not 2 but omg 3 more albums by pile and i told my dad like, hey, we’re already listening to hairshirts, like, can we really add another secular recording at this point in time from pile when we’re supposed to be purifying for the endgames but now i realize i was just a dumb butthead like i always am (sorry dad) and that i’d accidentally farted, again

So like Big Thief is the band, then

Ok got it, let me lend that an earhole or 2 next time i get a chance to go out by the trash pile for a microhit

Or 2

Old 07-31-2020, 07:21 PM   #85
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:

That Lingua Ignota is no joke terrifying. Incredible recordings. This is incredibly powerful expression. Feel like there’s a movie to this that would be scarier than like the scariest/best? parts of that Passion of the Jesus film where the ol goats got his own lil baby goat sorta lurkin there cradlin that yawning corpsefaced mockery during that one part with all the blood and stuff

Yeah. For someone with my background this is possibly life changing recordings that could become soundtrack to actual personal growth. Feels weird to say that but feels true. At least right now. But ive got some really bad heartburn and have been making leaps of logic since last night

In any event thanks holy shit wow

Old 08-02-2020, 08:10 PM   #86
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
have you heard the record after Hairshirt of Purpose? it's called Green and Gray and it's great

also check out Big Thief

any album will do I suppose, Two Hands is the latest one
Quote:
Sure I mean disregard all my posts, no problem
This Big Thief album Two Hands has become an instant favorite of nearly every living being in my house. Even the trash flies stop their whizbuzz busywork around my eyes and nose and all mucosals, and alight for a blessed moment against the windowpaines. Just biden their time rubbin their ropewrists together for good measure.
For some reason. Aren’t they barfing? When they stop and handwring their ropewrists, to Two Hands by Big Thief

In all honesty. Huge thanks. We will be listening to this a lot in my house. Thanks for something we can all enjoy, from the braindead old to the fart knockin youth. Yay. Wooo. Yeeee!

Old 08-02-2020, 08:22 PM   #87
FoolofaTook

Old 08-02-2020, 08:42 PM   #88
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Exactly this. If the trash flies were jesus, and the children were garbage, and the paint was Big Theif by the band Two Hands

Old 08-02-2020, 08:45 PM   #89
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Old 08-02-2020, 09:51 PM   #90
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Strong recommend.