Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2017, 08:10 PM   #3871
LaBelle
Socialphobic

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #3872
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Ah thank god fuzzrodianite swooped in to take the bottomtier boarder title from.me.

bless you fuzzrod

Old 10-02-2017, 08:13 PM   #3873
FoolofaTook

And I wasn't just being.nice. i was a bit flirty too. Bit there was other stuff he misunderstood. i kept buying kimchee. he is ethnic korean. think maybe he thought i was sending a message.

but i really love kimchee. wtf.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:13 PM   #3874
FoolofaTook

Or maybe i am crazy. i don't know.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:45 PM   #3875
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Don't treat less-than-desirable women with kindness. They may get the wrong idea and get hurt when they realize this.

Spare their feelings by treating them like mud. It's the nice thing to do.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #3876
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:54 PM   #3877
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You've got me all wrong brother-man.
I ain't you're fucking brother!

Asshole!

Old 10-02-2017, 08:55 PM   #3878
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I have way more issues with gay men btw. I can barely go to Safeway. There's a cashier named Mitchel. He was crushing hella. .I thought it was cute so I tried to be nice. But I think I was too flirty. dude lost his mind. so i freaked and ignored him. then he got MAD. so like a fool i apologized. dude got excited again. then i got mad.

now i ignore him completely and the other cashiers hate me because they think i led him on just to toy with him.

so.. i must be a delusional homophobe right y s e m and scotty?
What

The

Fuck

Old 10-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #3879
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Don't treat less-than-desirable women with kindness. They may get the wrong idea and get hurt when they realize this.

I thought I was supposed to lower my standers and go for the less attractive ones to boost my confidence?

Old 10-02-2017, 08:57 PM   #3880
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Ahhh that sucks man. That happens sometimes though. You be all nice to some random gay dude and then they get the wrong idea
No words

Old 10-02-2017, 09:21 PM   #3881
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

gee i wonder if fuzzy has been drinking again

oh yes? he did? really? no way!

Old 10-02-2017, 09:29 PM   #3882
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Sobriety is only useful insofar as it provides a counterpoint to rocking a buzz.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:31 PM   #3883
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I wonder if fuzzy's celebrity sex dreams are populated exclusively by figures from a bygone era.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #3884
FoolofaTook

Wrong. It lowers your tolerance so that when you return it's like the 2nd Coming.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:35 PM   #3885
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
What

The

Fuck
Yes that's the way most inconsiderate dweebs react to me.

They welcome you to their ranks!

Old 10-02-2017, 09:36 PM   #3886
redbreegull

Old 10-02-2017, 10:31 PM   #3887
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:

believe me i realize anyone being nice to me is doing it out of either 1. pity 2. they think it's funny or 3. they want something. rarely, it's just a really nice person who is like that to everyone.

in no instance do i think someone is actually interested in me in any intimate way, romantically or as friends

so don't worry about hurting an ugly woman's feelings; we know we are not wanted

Old 10-02-2017, 11:38 PM   #3888
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
gee i wonder if fuzzy has been drinking again

oh yes? he did? really? no way!
Hey, I did clarify right after what I meant because I realized it came off wrong.

There was this case once though, I was in this work program with a bunch of people and we all became friends and would get stoned and drunk and there was this one gay guy, he must have been a little off. His penmanship looked like a 4 year olds.

Anyhow, I was nice to the guy, let him come and hang out and stuff and I guess he took a liking to me... He would start saying gay stuff to me and shit and we'd all laugh and I'd just be nice and be like dude... No... Sorry man, I ain't gay. But he'd keep on doing it and then I just ripped on him eventually and then he quit the program and there was all this stupid drama.

I thought initially it was a similar situation to what Took was complaining about.

Of course I have several other gay friends and obviously there isn't any problems like that, so I wasn't trying to generalize... I was simply saying it sucks when it does happen

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 10-02-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:43 PM   #3889
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
And I wasn't just being.nice. i was a bit flirty too.
So let me get this straight, you were flirting with some gay guy and then you freaked out and started to ignore him once he got the wrong idea?

Took, no offense man, but sometimes you're a little too weird... even for me

Old 10-02-2017, 11:45 PM   #3890
buzzard
Minion of Satan

When you say there was "all this stupid drama," what actually happened?

I'm wondering if this story will shape up to look anything like that other one about the mediocre forklift driving or whatever it was.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:49 PM   #3891
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
believe me i realize anyone being nice to me is doing it out of either 1. pity 2. they think it's funny or 3. they want something. rarely, it's just a really nice person who is like that to everyone.

in no instance do i think someone is actually interested in me in any intimate way, romantically or as friends

so don't worry about hurting an ugly woman's feelings; we know we are not wanted
Awhh come on Reprise, that's an awful way to think of yourself. You seem like you'd be a good person to kick it with.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #3892
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
When you say there was "all this stupid drama," what actually happened?

I'm wondering if this story will shape up to look anything like that other one about the mediocre forklift driving or whatever it was.
Nah man... He stopped showing up for the class the morning after and then the following few days and I guess the teacher got word that I let him have it and then I was in hot water so I simply just explained what happened and they sided with me and then he was all mad or something and then quit/got the boot. I dunno, it was all ridiculous.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #3893
fuzzyroes
Banned

To be fair, I didn't even really care that much. I was just stoned and drunk and I guess was a little crude at the moment. I was exasperated when he started making some big deal out of it.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:58 PM   #3894
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Awhh come on Reprise, that's an awful way to think of yourself. You seem like you'd be a good person to kick it with.
better not, i might get the wrong idea

Old 10-03-2017, 12:07 AM   #3895
fuzzyroes
Banned

Come on guys, I was half joking around. And I was completely referring to myself in the ideology as well. If I'm spending time with some knock-out due to some sort of happenstance, I'll act like I don't have even the slightest bit of interest, just so she doesn't get uncomfortable thinking I'm trying to hit on her or something.

It's like "yeah I know you're way out of my league, not even gonna try"

Old 10-03-2017, 12:08 AM   #3896
fuzzyroes
Banned

Hot girls appreciate that about me haha

Old 10-03-2017, 12:32 AM   #3897
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post

I'm sorry this has been your experience. I really don't know what to say about this, as on the one hand, I don't want to dismiss your experiences,, but on the other, I believe you are a person worth knowing, and if you were to show people offline anything that resembles the characteristics you show here, o think many people would be happy to be your friend.

I'm probably more guilty of "mind reading" than anyone here, because my insecurity and low self of steam always prompts me to interpret others' behaviour as indicative of low assessments of me, so I'm probably the last person who should be suggesting this. But do you think it's possible that you only assume others could not possibly be interested in you because you're so hard on yourself? I'm not talking necessarily about sexual interest, because it would be patronizing for me to pretend that certain body standards aren't prevalent, and I'm not just trying to make you feel better, I'm making an earnest attempt to offer a realistic perspective. But when it comes to friendship, I don't think it's unrealistic to think that somebody who knew you well would legitimately value you as a person.

I'm not trying to minimize the social struggles that come with size. But I have seen large people with meaningful relationships, platonic and romantic. Anecdotal evidence, I know, but I know large people in relationships. Large people with not-so-large partners, even.

I'm not saying "it happens, so it's not a real obstacle!" I'm just saying there is a possibility of forming relationships.

I may be assuming too much, but I'd think that your inability to let people close to you due to trauma is an even more significant obstacle than the weight, but it's possible that they work together. Falling outside aesthetic norms, I think propinquity would be more significant to the formation of relationships than it would for people who fit society's standards. When people know each other long enough, well enough, deeply enough, those feelings can diminish the importance of aesthetic criteria. But of course, it's currently hard for you to get that close enough for anybody for that to be likely to happen, because you have been conditioned to protect yourself by avoiding social connection.

I think people have a limited amount of energy, which is why focusing on few changes at a time is easier than trying to overhaul one's life. I think it's understandable not to be able to dramatically change your physical health at the same time that you're working toward your mental wellbeing, while simultaneously keeping up your high level of scholastic success. And I think it makes sense to prioritize the mental health. And if you ever make enough progress that you find yourself being able to connect to people, I think that will be the most important step toward intimate social relationships.

Hopefully I'm not being tone-deaf or insulting. Let me know if I am, I won't be offended if you take issue with what I typed.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:11 AM   #3898
FoolofaTook

Quote:
So let me get this straight, you were flirting with some gay guy and then you freaked out and started to ignore him once he got the wrong idea?

Took, no offense man, but sometimes you're a little too weird... even for me
Yes that's exactly what happened. Similar thing happened with a female cashier. Now she won't even look at me while Mitchel just stands and stares (its awkward). All the other cashiers know. Including this one super fine one (she looks like she stepped out of sailor moon). It is awful. when i go shopping there I keep my eyes on the floor and my headphones in my ears. smile and thank the cashierand RUN.

i have some issues.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:27 AM   #3899
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I'm sorry this has been your experience. I really don't know what to say about this, as on the one hand, I don't want to dismiss your experiences,, but on the other, I believe you are a person worth knowing, and if you were to show people offline anything that resembles the characteristics you show here, o think many people would be happy to be your friend.

I'm probably more guilty of "mind reading" than anyone here, because my insecurity and low self of steam always prompts me to interpret others' behaviour as indicative of low assessments of me, so I'm probably the last person who should be suggesting this. But do you think it's possible that you only assume others could not possibly be interested in you because you're so hard on yourself? I'm not talking necessarily about sexual interest, because it would be patronizing for me to pretend that certain body standards aren't prevalent, and I'm not just trying to make you feel better, I'm making an earnest attempt to offer a realistic perspective. But when it comes to friendship, I don't think it's unrealistic to think that somebody who knew you well would legitimately value you as a person.

I'm not trying to minimize the social struggles that come with size. But I have seen large people with meaningful relationships, platonic and romantic. Anecdotal evidence, I know, but I know large people in relationships. Large people with not-so-large partners, even.

I'm not saying "it happens, so it's not a real obstacle!" I'm just saying there is a possibility of forming relationships.

I may be assuming too much, but I'd think that your inability to let people close to you due to trauma is an even more significant obstacle than the weight, but it's possible that they work together. Falling outside aesthetic norms, I think propinquity would be more significant to the formation of relationships than it would for people who fit society's standards. When people know each other long enough, well enough, deeply enough, those feelings can diminish the importance of aesthetic criteria. But of course, it's currently hard for you to get that close enough for anybody for that to be likely to happen, because you have been conditioned to protect yourself by avoiding social connection.

I think people have a limited amount of energy, which is why focusing on few changes at a time is easier than trying to overhaul one's life. I think it's understandable not to be able to dramatically change your physical health at the same time that you're working toward your mental wellbeing, while simultaneously keeping up your high level of scholastic success. And I think it makes sense to prioritize the mental health. And if you ever make enough progress that you find yourself being able to connect to people, I think that will be the most important step toward intimate social relationships.

Hopefully I'm not being tone-deaf or insulting. Let me know if I am, I won't be offended if you take issue with what I typed.
I appreciate you taking the time to say all of this. I don't think nobody would want to be my friend if they got to know me, only that people are biased to not want to know someone with my weight issues. Re: therapy, I lost weight at the beginning of good therapy, but since then have gained more than 100lbs. I've always been overweight or obese, but I was pretty much ok with how I was at like 200lbs. And you're right, my social issues related to trauma are just as big as this weight thing, if not more so. It just all comes together to make me think things will never change. This has been a topic of therapy lately, also

Old 10-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #3900
FoolofaTook

About to apply for a houkeeping job at a hotel five blocks away. Really need this.

I am sorry to hear about your struggles reprise. I know what it is like to have people treat you bad because of your physical attributes. The corporate dickheads started cracking napoleon dynamite (i am tall and goofy) jokes in front of the whole company to shame me. i have had strangers come up to me and do similar things. just to impress their cruel friends. then there are those who yell "fucking fairy" or "fucking faggot" as they throw bottles from speeding cars.

a thin weak man almost isn't a man, in this world.