Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #91
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Yeah they definitely enjoy it as a mini-tv, when they're allowed to use it. And as an iPod. I hadn't thought about putting comic books on there, they'd probably enjoy those, too. At first they were so excited about the games, but then nothing ran on it, so they gave up on that idea pretty quickly.

Not even all movies will play, on it. I tried to put the Prince of Egypt on there the other day and it said it wouldn't play on the device. Oh well haha

Old 09-14-2015, 11:15 PM   #92
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
cheap (compared to ipod), 8GB, no need to touch my damn cell.

http://cdn.ubergizmo.com/photos/2009...p-plus-468.JPG
i love this mp3 player. i used to have the sansa fuze, which i lost. i ended up purchasing an 8gb sansa sport clip just for the clip. very convenient for the gym and running. i don't think there is a way to listen to music and use the timer, though.

while definitely less expensive than the iphone, i wouldn't call them cheap. \m/

but my most recent regretted purchase is a dress that needed slight altering. i should have known i never get anything altered and the stack keeps growing until i give up and part with some items here and there. meanwhile i wear the same rags and waste money on clothes that don't fit. i still have every intention of getting these things altered.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:20 PM   #93
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Or you could buy a sewing machine or watch a youtube tutorial and learn how to hand stitch?

It takes a bit of practice but it's worth it. I alter all of my kids clothes myself now, and before, I was the same as you, just had piles that built up until I eventually gave them away or they grew big enough to fit them without alteration.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:37 AM   #94
yo soy el mejor

have a sewing machine and i know how to stand stitch.

obviously i can hem pants, take in straps, stitch a hole and make shitty curtains. but when it comes to altering a lined dress in several places or taking a button-up shirt from a size 4 to a size 2, i'd rather not do it myself. and i never get around to having it done...like i said.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:46 AM   #95
vixnix
Socialphobic

Oh...yeah I've just given up buying stuff that isn't my size...a dress for a wedding or ball or something is different, but then there's a deadline to have it altered so I just get it done.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:59 AM   #96
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I regret eating 90% of what I eat

Old 09-15-2015, 09:06 AM   #97
slunken
Virgo

My last regret was a t-shirt.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #98
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
D. your good parenting is insufferable
Every couple of months I'll ask her how im doing as a parent/what she doesn't like etc

Which is probably weird as shit but hey man this is my one shot at parenting

Old 09-15-2015, 10:55 AM   #99
coldestrose
Demi-God

When I'm in a relationship, I will sometimes buy records my SO likes so when we hang out at my place I know they have something they'll like listening to. I don't regret them all, but there are a couple I probably will not listen to again anytime soon.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:29 AM   #100
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldestrose View Post
When I'm in a relationship, I will sometimes buy records my SO likes so when we hang out at my place I know they have something they'll like listening to. I don't regret them all, but there are a couple I probably will not listen to again anytime soon.
usually i would ask them what they like and scoff at their musical tastes. Then when they'd come over i'd probably be playing something from my collection and prefacing it with something like "now let me show you what real music sounds like...even if i'm probably wasting my time with you"

Old 09-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #101
hnibos
Braindead

How can anyone deny tebbers...

Old 09-15-2015, 11:41 AM   #102
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
usually i would ask them what they like and scoff at their musical tastes. Then when they'd come over i'd probably be playing something from my collection and prefacing it with something like "now let me show you what real music sounds like...even if i'm probably wasting my time with you"
What collection?

Old 09-15-2015, 12:53 PM   #103
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
I regret eating 90% of what I eat
Yeah generally this

Old 09-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #104
coldestrose
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
How sweet

Old 09-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #105
yo soy el mejor

every coldestrose has its thorn

Old 09-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #106
yo soy el mejor

edit: good riddance, actually

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 09-15-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:18 PM   #107
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
What collection?
This was a fictional scenario...i was playing a character you see.

though i totally imagined you doing and saying this with a date as i wrote it.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:52 PM   #108
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

sounds more like fuzzy but hes putting you down because you like arcade fire and he believes you should listen to NOFX

Old 09-15-2015, 08:39 PM   #109
slunken
Virgo

just did some haggling for a minty copy of MCIS on cassette - $17 with the slipcase

Old 09-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #110
slunken
Virgo

currently trying to procure a copy of NIN's Fragile on CS, which i will definitely regret no matter the cost.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:28 AM   #111
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella View Post
I'm pretty sure it is. I had an ipad 3 awhile back (shortly after it came out) and I had the same issues...My kid's have ipad 2's and we've never had an overheating issue with theirs.

I think I remember reading that the overheating has something to do with the retina display.
Yeah.. my sister has an ipad 2 and it never overheats. The display on the 3 is nice, but it's worthless if she can't play games on it. I read next issue on it... and after 1/2 an hour it's hot.

I need to find a good tablet for games... and I'm sick of apple. The trouble is, A wants all the games that are in the itunes store.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:51 AM   #112
Starla

Quote:
Which one? Regardless that shouldn't be happening. Take it up with Apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Yeah apple should fix that shit
I'm too busy/lazy to deal with it. I doubt they will do anything anyway. It's crapple.

Quote:
I suppose I mean "I can't believe parents let kids "own" iPads and the like."
I know, and I started off thinking the same way. When I got my ipad 1, she took an interest in the books, games and had so much fun with it.. then the educational apps, and stuff.. it just took off from there. She wants.... what she calls her own "real" cell phone. I bought her a tracfone to carry in case we need to reach one another and she hates it, and the kids laugh at her, but that's all she's getting for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
I try to balance V's screen time w her regular activities. She has a tablet but only because i got it free. She's allowed a certain amount of time w it on the weekends but only if she asks. If she doesn't mention it, i sure don't bring it up.

I probably definitely allow more Netflix time than i should but I'm trying to work on that. I try to get her outdoors (even eating dinner on the back porch if nothing else) as much as possible - trail walking, parks, etc.
With school in session, I've heard nothing but whining... because all of her screen time has taken a cut. She can have an hour on the computer, ipad or wiiu, and I allow up to an hr of tv each evening only if she gets chores and homework done. The weekends I prefer that she's doing something outside, with friends. etc. We go camping or fishing.. and make little trips out of town to get away from the computer/day to day stuff.

Quote:
That's great. Please make sure to also work on her handwriting, because kids these days can't write very well and it hurts my eyes and brains. Brain.
They stopped teaching cursive writing, but I have taught A because I still think it's important to know. I don't think her school puts much emphasis on penmanship the way it was when I was a kid.

Quote:
I watched a lot of TV growing up tbh but still spent much, much, much more time outside or playing with toys than many kids these days do.
Same here. I spent my entire summers outside. Capping the tv/computer time helps get A out.. but she still hates it. When she was younger, I could barely get her to come inside.