Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda
Question does anyone here have Panic Disorder?

?

Old 12-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
cork_soaker
full of longing

not right now

Old 12-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

honestly. i have some questions.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
cork_soaker
full of longing

reprise85 to thread

Old 12-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

I developed it a few years ago but have taken control

Old 12-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
Toby
Just Hook it to My Veins!

are we talking about panic attacks? Cause I get those fairly often...

Old 12-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Old 12-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #8
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

no but i have had periods where they thought that's what my anxiety problems were. it's ptsd for me but the symptoms are similar re: panic attacks

sorry dude. what's up?

Old 12-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

ptsd. shit! that sucks.

were you in the war? or did somebody just fuck you over real bad?

Old 12-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #10
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

does anybody here have Panic at the Discorder

Old 12-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
ptsd. shit! that sucks.

were you in the war? or did somebody just fuck you over real bad?
2nd one

Old 12-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #12
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

im almost always in a state of panic.

i wake up every morning with pain in my chest, like when you just got the worst news of your life and you feel that sting in your chest and it feels heavy like you cant breathe. paralyzed with fear. often i throw up upon waking up because i'm so nervous. about what, i have no idea.

if you ask me what i want for dinner, my body panics
if i get a call asking to go do something, my body panics
if i know i have to go somewhere, my body panics.

it has taken a real physical and mental toll in the past month or so.

i dont eat because of it. so most of my diet is drinking ensure just to get calories in me.

i still DO most things because i force myself to push through it. but i'm tired of shoving benzos down my throat constantly just so i can get through the day. weed helps but i also don't want to be stoned all day. i usually just do that before bed to get me to sleep.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
Toby

Xanax is p awesome

Old 12-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
Toby

If I could smoke weed all day every day I'd be soooo happy

Old 12-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #15
wHATcOLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckSuckStyle View Post
im almost always in a state of panic.

i wake up every morning with pain in my chest, like when you just got the worst news of your life and you feel that sting in your chest and it feels heavy like you cant breathe. paralyzed with fear. often i throw up upon waking up because i'm so nervous. about what, i have no idea.

if you ask me what i want for dinner, my body panics
if i get a call asking to go do something, my body panics
if i know i have to go somewhere, my body panics.

it has taken a real physical and mental toll in the past month or so.

i dont eat because of it. so most of my diet is drinking ensure just to get calories in me.

i still DO most things because i force myself to push through it. but i'm tired of shoving benzos down my throat constantly just so i can get through the day. weed helps but i also don't want to be stoned all day. i usually just do that before bed to get me to sleep.

how much more weed do you have to sell before you are able to fly to nepal and do your school in the wilderness thing

Old 12-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #16
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

couple pounds

Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #17
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

I often find myself feeling anxious. The smoke helps, but even when I'm totally relaxed, high and buzzed, I uncontrollably mentally try to find things to be anxious about. It sucks but I usually let my mind drift in a different direction until I've forgotten. In all seriousness make some cannabutter with the clippings from your plant and make doses of whatever treat you like best. You don't have to be obliterated for the mind freeing effects of bud to take place. I like to make 2-3 hour mild doses (cookies) so I can maintain function but still be at ease.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #18
wHATcOLOR

how much time does that take

Old 12-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #19
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

sss -

i used to do the wake up and throw up thing every day. for about 6 months - a year in 2005 - 20063 (i think)i would wake up, puke, and take a sublingual clonazepam. it sucked. i'm sorry you are going through this :/ this is the symptom that first lead me to a psychiatrist as an adult. i know how to deal with suicidal depression but i had never had that much anxiety before and didnt know what to do

some of what you are describing sounds like hyper-vigilance to me - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervigilance

i think you've said before you've tried therapy without it helping? this is the kind of thing you can really work on in therapy if you find a good person

docs are just going to push ssris on you

Old 12-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #20
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Frequency View Post
I often find myself feeling anxious. The smoke helps, but even when I'm totally relaxed, high and buzzed, I uncontrollably mentally try to find things to be anxious about. It sucks but I usually let my mind drift in a different direction until I've forgotten. In all seriousness make some cannabutter with the clippings from your plant and make doses of whatever treat you like best. You don't have to be obliterated for the mind freeing effects of bud to take place. I like to make 2-3 hour mild doses (cookies) so I can maintain function but still be at ease.
we make cannabutter batches about once a month. i'm not big into eatables but the more this panic increases the more apt i am to use them. but this is good advice. ive only ever considered eatables just for getting really baked. and smoking just gets old after a while. i'll try small amounts of brownie bites and see how it helps.

i really just want to ween myself off the benzos. its bad and unhealthy and im addicted and the withdrawls are killer. if i just stop cold turkey ill have a gm seizure.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #21
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
how much time does that take
right now it's looking like a long time. my big quantity buyers fell through this year. so far i've only been hooking friends up with good priced zips and sacks. its not steady. i make more money taking care of my neighbors dog.

i'd like to just hand over the lot in one big deal and call it good, though.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #22
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
sss -

i used to do the wake up and throw up thing every day. for about 6 months - a year in 2005 - 20063 (i think)i would wake up, puke, and take a sublingual clonazepam. it sucked. i'm sorry you are going through this :/ this is the symptom that first lead me to a psychiatrist as an adult. i know how to deal with suicidal depression but i had never had that much anxiety before and didnt know what to do

some of what you are describing sounds like hyper-vigilance to me - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervigilance

i think you've said before you've tried therapy without it helping? this is the kind of thing you can really work on in therapy if you find a good person

docs are just going to push ssris on you
yeah it's nothing new. it first started in 2008 and comes and goes.

and yeah that's EXACTLY what i do every morning- wake up in panic, throw up, pop a klonapin, smoke a bowl and curl up in a ball until it kicks in. then i wake up at 2 and am so overwhelmed by the world that everything makes me irritable. i'm always on edge.

i have an acupuncture appointment tomorrow.

therapy is therapy. i mean....i dunno. there's one woman i went to who was really good and i ended up stopping bc i needed someone to write me scripts, too and she couldnt. so she might be the right person to go back to now.

you're right about the hyper- vigilance. it's been suggested before that i'm hyper-V. i'm very familiar with the "thousand-yard stare"

Old 12-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #23
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

did you work specifically with anxiety/panic/panic attacks with her? seems like that would be first priority right now

the morning after acupuncture do you still wake up and puke?

Old 12-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #24
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

no i never really touched the anxiety with her. my parents took me to her when i first started my transition and we really only talked about that. but i dont like talking about that with therapists, really. it is what it is.

i always feel good after acupuncture. and the anxiety/panic is what he is treating me for, mainly. he asks me how i'm doing and i just say "ANXIOUS AS FUCK, DOC!"

Old 12-14-2011, 10:41 PM   #25
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
are we talking about panic attacks? Cause I get those fairly often...
I legit had panic disorder / agoraphobia diagnosed by a psychologist. However I have not had a debilitating or even severe panic attack in like two years and I only take 50 mg of sertraline. I am strongly opposed to taking benzos every day, although I have been prescribed them as emergency for two years. Haven't taken one in two years. Early on it helped just knowing I had them in my pocket. I know a chick who has been taking them daily for years and she is like a zombie .

What helped me was CBT, which I originally wanted to do without any medication but it got to the point where I had no choice. I will prob come off the SSRI in the spring. I also havent seen my psychologist in a few months. What he helped me do was get comfortable in situations that used to scare me (anything social, being on a train, being pressured to smoke/drink, constant fear of being judged and this manifesting as negativity towards others, etc...).

At the worst of it I was unable to go to work or school and was afraid I was going to kill myself. It was the weirdest fucking thing. It was like a repeating thought in my head "I am going to kill myself, I am going to dissociate, I need to escape"

The two main things that I would suggest are :
1. get on an SSRI. like i said, I am philosophically opposed to antidepressants but once I was literally forced to take it, it prevented me physiologically from having a panic attack or at least lessened the physical symptoms tremendously to the point that I could deal with them.

2. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy... In the beginning this entails identifying "hot thoughts", or repeating, fleeting, subconscious, negative assumptions or fears which are ultimately irrational. Once you identify with your therapist (and I suggest a workbook too) what kind of thoughts are causing your anxiety, you can begin to understand why you are having these thoughts, how they make you feel, how they cause your body to physically respond, and how all of the aforementioned aspects of panic are tied to each other and feed off of each other. In my situation, my therapist showed me that these barely conscious split second thoughts were not based on any evidence outside of myself, and that there are multiple ways of interpreting other people... in my case I was always assuming the worst. "Catastrophic thoughts" comes to mind. Instantly assuming the worst

Additionally, I also attended yoga classes at the reccomendation of my therapist and he also practiced some deep breathing, tensing/relaxing techniques with me. Deep, full breathing was an excellent way to deal with the physical aspects of anxiety, especially early on

In any case I am pretty much "cured" now. I don't mean to be preachy but you asked for advice and this shit was terrifying at the time. I promise you can get through it, and it will not last forever. I don't even think about anxiety/avoiding situations anymore, where as two years ago I was suicidal

Old 12-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #26
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

Much love, Zach. I hope the best for you.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #27
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

thanks a lot I really appreciate that. edit: both killtrocity and DF

did you experience any side effects with the ssri's? i mean are we talking abilify type stuff?...or is this something completely different?

i can't take antidepressants on their own- i have bipolar 1 so most of the struggle is keeping me 'down'. i've had some serious manic episodes, and mania is probably more dangerous to me than depression. if i take antidepressants i risk mania which is usually what i attribute my anxiety to, but i'm not manic right now.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #28
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

yeah that's a line a doctor really needs to walk with you.

ssris usually are not intolerable like abilify can be. abilify gave me intense movement problems.

it just sucks because even entry level for you would probably be ssri + mood stabilizer to stop rebound mania but im not a doctor... you could talk to one though i thought you'd be completely against it

Old 12-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #29
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

oh i'm pretty much against it but i know i'll always have to use pharms as a fallback. i just want to be as educated as possible before and if i dive back in.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #30
D.
Consume my pants.

The girl I'm hanging around with lately apparently gets panic attacks, and probably has a ton of other mental health issues from what I can gather; but, y'know...