Old 09-16-2018, 12:05 AM   #363
Graveflower
Pledge

i left out the Virtual Boy but I do have one of those, I just forgot

Mario Tennis and Wario for VB are actually real good

Old 09-16-2018, 04:40 AM   #364
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I almost want a PS4 so I can play Spider-Man, as well as a switch so that I can play Breath of the Wild.

But they cost money.

Why do I have to exchange labour for goods and services wasn't there a revolution about this already

Old 09-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #365
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveflower View Post
i never played dishonored

part of it sounds appealing but it also sounds too easy to play it as an action game instead of the stealth no/minimal kill game it probably should be

i guess i should be open to multiple play styles to suit the individual playing the game but i hate when you get caught up in stealth games and your options are to reload a checkpoint or even a save or to just firefight your way through after getting discovered
yeah, i beat it doing stealth/non-lethal mostly. i killed like 20 people the whole game, which believe me is very few. it was very tempting to make it an action game like you said but ultimately stealth is the only way it's challenging. but the ending is different supposedly so might be worth doing a chaos run too. i just played the first demo level of dishonored 2 and was able to do it without killing anyone but i was detected 6 times and 2 unconscious bodies were found. :twisted:

it runs ok on all very low setting, fwiw. it takes like 2 minutes to load the game at the first screen but after that load times aren't bad. definitely playable.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:25 AM   #366
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I almost want a PS4 so I can play Spider-Man, as well as a switch so that I can play Breath of the Wild.

But they cost money.

Why do I have to exchange labour for goods and services wasn't there a revolution about this already
I would like to reiterate that spider-man is pretty good but definitely not in "buy a console to play it" territory. I absolutely would buy a switch to play BOTW if I wasn't such a poor cunt tho.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:28 AM   #367
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

so dishonored 2 is $40 so i theoretically decided to torrent it and i got a DCMA notice. i never torrent anything except an occasional episode/movie, looks like i should have stuck to that

Old 09-17-2018, 10:49 AM   #368
Elphenor
Braindead

never got one of those and I theoretically haven't paid for a video game in years

Old 09-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #369
buzzard
Minion of Satan

You wouldn't download a life of luxury.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:09 PM   #370
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Old 09-17-2018, 05:57 PM   #371
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
never got one of those and I theoretically haven't paid for a video game in years
i have paid for every game i've played since i started playing regularly, which was like 2 years ago. something like 20 games. but many were 9.99 or less and max i will pay for anything is 20

Old 09-18-2018, 11:10 PM   #372
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Animal Crossing though, I wish I could suspend my life so I could be in Animal Crossing 24/7

(fuck you tom nook you capitalist swine!!!!!)
Labelle goddamit i am going to buy this game now because of you, probably going to consume my whole life, huh

Old 09-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #373
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Started playing Ayy LMAO Isolation and Dishonoured.

I don't know why, but I always find first-person an immediate turn-off. I have to go through life in first-person mode; at least give me the option to escape that in a video game.

I feel like I'm not patient enough with video games, so it's hard for me to give them the time to allow them to pull me in, to get over that hump of just learning the controls and mechanics and get to where I'm just fluidly playing without thinking about that shit and just enjoying myself. Just like with Hitman, I played the first mission of Dishonoured just so that I could say that I at least finished a mission. I dunno, I should probably force myself to play it a little more, because on paper, it seems to have a lot of what I like in a vidya game (stealth, open-ended gameplay that allows for multiple different strategies, etc).

I haven't gotten far enough in Isolation to actually encounter the 👽. So far, it feels a lot like a first-person version of Dead Space, but with less gore and more paranoia. Right down to the apocalyptic logs left everywhere, and the grafitti on the space-station walls. I'm guessing that has more to do with Dead Space itelf being influenced by the Alien movie than any connection between these two games themselves, but I've never seen an Alien movie, so I dunno. I'm liking it so far, even though the game often makes it pretty confusing where it wants me to go, and so far, things have kind of felt more like an interactive cut-scene than an actual game. Literally all the game has been so far is going through doors, or finding objects to help you bypass doors that are locked. And then meeting a Scotsman and doing the same shit with him. But I'm sure it'll pick up soon.

The game gave me the option to use my mic so that the alien could be alerted by sounds I make in real life, and I'm just wondering, why the fuck would I want to do that? Lose a video game because I coughed, my pizza pops were ready, or a family member came into the room and started talking about their day or something? Who actually selects this shit?

Old 09-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #374
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm Spider-Man. It's fun.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:49 PM   #375
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I just became a vampire in Skyrim. Very unexpected move on my part. After defeating Harkon, I realized Serana is the best follower I have ever had (or maybe just the one I let stick around the longest), and her vampiric beauty was very striking under the moonlight, so I whipped out an amulet of mara and asked her to marry me. To my surprise, she said NO, that kind of thing isn't for us!

In my despair I asked my housecarl and my thane, Mjol the Lioness, and it turns out BOTH of them want to marry me. But I love Serana. So I just had her turn me into a creature of the night instead

Old 09-21-2018, 07:04 PM   #376
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:

I don't know why, but I always find first-person an immediate turn-off. I have to go through life in first-person mode; at least give me the option to escape that in a video game.

I feel like I'm not patient enough with video games, so it's hard for me to give them the time to allow them to pull me in, to get over that hump of just learning the controls and mechanics and get to where I'm just fluidly playing without thinking about that shit and just enjoying myself. Just like with Hitman, I played the first mission of Dishonoured just so that I could say that I at least finished a mission. I dunno, I should probably force myself to play it a little more, because on paper, it seems to have a lot of what I like in a vidya game (stealth, open-ended gameplay that allows for multiple different strategies, etc).
you get motherfucking magic powers from (that world's version of) THE DEVIL soon so it gets better in that regard. but i like FPS soooo

Old 09-28-2018, 03:01 AM   #377
Skradgee
Boardcaster

hey there gamers
i like...digital pinball?
also i play Sonic Mania, Mortal Kombat, Wipe(3)out, and South Park games
ain't that some stuff?
drop me a PM to meet up on PSN...or don't

Old 09-28-2018, 08:16 AM   #378
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:

I haven't gotten far enough in Isolation to actually encounter the 👽. So far, it feels a lot like a first-person version of Dead Space, but with less gore and more paranoia. Right down to the apocalyptic logs left everywhere, and the grafitti on the space-station walls. I'm guessing that has more to do with Dead Space itelf being influenced by the Alien movie than any connection between these two games themselves, but I've never seen an Alien movie, so I dunno. I'm liking it so far, even though the game often makes it pretty confusing where it wants me to go, and so far, things have kind of felt more like an interactive cut-scene than an actual game. Literally all the game has been so far is going through doors, or finding objects to help you bypass doors that are locked. And then meeting a Scotsman and doing the same shit with him. But I'm sure it'll pick up soon.

The game gave me the option to use my mic so that the alien could be alerted by sounds I make in real life, and I'm just wondering, why the fuck would I want to do that? Lose a video game because I coughed, my pizza pops were ready, or a family member came into the room and started talking about their day or something? Who actually selects this shit?
Dude alien isolation is one of my fave all times, but i have no idea how you would take it having never seen the legendary timeless classic film. Please do yourself a favor and take a short break from gaming, and correct this egregious life mistake on your part, and WATCH ALIEN FOR FUCKS SAKE

Old 10-01-2018, 06:20 PM   #379
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Has anybody played Pillars of Eternity?

I've barely started, but it's looking like a fairly faithful Baldur's Gate homage so far.

The squat, distended body of an elderly dwarf woman dangles from a thin, crooked bough that sags at the tug of her noose. The bloated purple flesh of her neck, worn away in patches like moth-eaten linen, bulges over the rope that suspends her, and her lifeless head lolls forward rigidly from one side to the other when the breeze shifts.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:54 PM   #380
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

sounds cool

i beat dishonored 2 and just got vamporium, which is like a first person cyberpunk dungeon crawler (with automap of course). lots of different loot and ways to play, i restarted after a couple hours to change my gameplay (there's a significant choice early in the game that can't be changed). dishonored 2 was better than 1 imo and i might play it again going full chaos kill-everything just to have a romp and see the other ending.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:20 PM   #381
TuralyonW3
Immortal

70 hours into Mass Effect Andromeda pretty fuckin long game if you do all the quests

Old 10-09-2018, 10:53 PM   #382
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Fuck yeah, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 just became backward compatible on the Xbox One.

I already have and play 2 on my original Xbox, but I've never played 3. Now I can!

Old 10-09-2018, 10:54 PM   #383
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Too bad 4 was a PS exclusive and will likely never be on Xbox.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:00 PM   #384
Graveflower
Pledge

4 is the worst in the series by a lot though

Old 10-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #385
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I've heard mixed opinions on it.

How's Peace Walker? I have that one downloaded, but I haven't played it yet.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #386
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

currently downloading crusader kings 2. fucking steam still charges $40 for a 6 year old game. get outta here. trots used to praise this game a lot and i always wanted to try it

got spooked by getting caught torrenting so i just bought 1 year of a popular VPN for $60.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #387
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

this has been my "jam" for the past coupla weeks, ever since I reconnected my PS2 to the tube TV that was being used as a night stand for about a year

Old 10-11-2018, 10:33 PM   #388
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

beat Sonic the Hedgehog the other night then Sonic 2 tonight and god DAMN i don't know how anyone ever did it on the Genesis cos when they put you in that final area with zero coins again Metal Sonic & Eggman, wow

Old 10-11-2018, 10:34 PM   #389
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Metal Sonic was easy enough but Egg in his armor kept killing me and on Genesis you woulda had to restart with Metal Sonic each time

Old 10-16-2018, 07:32 AM   #390
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
currently downloading crusader kings 2. fucking steam still charges $40 for a 6 year old game. get outta here. trots used to praise this game a lot and i always wanted to try it

got spooked by getting caught torrenting so i just bought 1 year of a popular VPN for $60.
my VPN disconnected in the middle of the night and i got another DCMA notice for assassin's creed II

wtf.

i changed the VPN to disconnect the internet if it itself gets disconnected.

it's just crazy that in years and years i never got anything and now 2 in 2 months