WE SUCK YUM BLOOD

Old 08-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #8195
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
wtf, you live in South America
yeah maybe that my problem
If I lived in a house with a heating system I probably wouldn't mind that much as well

Old 08-06-2018, 10:06 AM   #8196
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Old 08-06-2018, 12:31 PM   #8197
LaBelle
Socialphobic

It is too cold in souf america.
I can attest to that. Usually we have 1 week of harsh winter... this year we had 2 months.

What is up.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #8198
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

CBF dredging up the vidya games thread:

I am really enjoying Monster Hunter World. Always struggled to really click with any games in the soulslike genre and even though this is clearly a pretty different thing I think it scratches the same itch. It feels like a constant learning process, not very intuitive at first (even 10 hours in I still wasn't sure) but you find the rhythm of it, it's one of those great experiences where getting good is more than just learning button combos, it's observing the environment and your enemies and experimenting with gear and teaching yourself systems and really learning to think a certain way about what you're doing in a pretty fast-paced combat environment. It's very neat.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:57 PM   #8199
Elphenor
Braindead

need to print something stuck behind guy using this computer for 30 minutes now FUCK

all this agony I have to go through to get registered for school

Old 08-08-2018, 04:41 PM   #8200
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

need to print something: AGONY!

Old 08-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #8201
Elphenor
Braindead

sux

Old 08-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #8202
buzzard
Minion of Satan

#lexmarkesmith

Old 08-08-2018, 05:33 PM   #8203
LaBelle
Socialphobic

If it's any consolation you can be the next person's guy taking 30 minutes

Old 08-08-2018, 05:35 PM   #8204
yo soy el mejor

ah yah! cool school. i just got my schedule made august 1st which was the day of my orientation that lasted from 9am-1pm (was 2 since it included a wrap-up lunch but i bounced cause i wanted to eat alone before my therapy appt at 3:30) and included making schedules and getting our picture i.d. i had been up since 3:45am working on stuff for work and got ready for the orientation in 10 mins...i was not on the market to take a photo and now i am stuck with it forever or until i lose it.

i will be taking 16 hours hours including 1 online class to add some flexibility. we have 10-week quarters, though, not 16-week semesters. i'm a little anxious about drowning.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:00 PM   #8205
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
If it's any consolation you can be the next person's guy taking 30 minutes
took me less than 5 minutes because I get my shit done and then move

Old 08-08-2018, 06:01 PM   #8206
Elphenor
Braindead

I go to school on the 28th

Old 08-08-2018, 08:18 PM   #8207
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
took me less than 5 minutes because I get my shit done and then move
Relativity says your 5 minutes felt like 30 to someone else.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:30 AM   #8208
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

My elder son turned 13 today. I have a teenage son.

We didn’t know what to get him so we hired a small motor boat with a skipper for four hours, and then let him pick out a watch. And we gave him a Nutella filled pastry for breakfast. He opened his eyes and then 5 seconds later was eating the pastry. Now he’s drinking way too much soda and bingeing on Brooklyn 99 on his ipad. I Just hope he’s happy....it doesn’t seem to take much, at this age. He’s a good kid and I love him so much.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:55 AM   #8209
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Relativity says your 5 minutes felt like 30 to someone else.
Relativity says I'm the only person that matters anyway

Old 08-10-2018, 02:10 AM   #8210
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Now he’s . . . bingeing on Brooklyn 99 . . . He’s a good kid . . .
Is he, though? Is he, really?

Old 08-10-2018, 06:59 AM   #8211
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Assumptions, man

Old 08-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #8212
yo soy el mejor

https://assets.hollar.com/production...jpg?1528504553

i almost bought this for the yuks but i decided to save my $6

Old 08-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #8213
yo soy el mejor

Smile

kimono sharter wants to say us something. what is it, kimono?

Old 08-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #8214
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
My elder son turned 13 today. I have a teenage son.

We didn’t know what to get him so we hired a small motor boat with a skipper for four hours, and then let him pick out a watch. And we gave him a Nutella filled pastry for breakfast. He opened his eyes and then 5 seconds later was eating the pastry. Now he’s drinking way too much soda and bingeing on Brooklyn 99 on his ipad. I Just hope he’s happy....it doesn’t seem to take much, at this age. He’s a good kid and I love him so much.
for my 13th birthday my parents threw me a party at a laser tag place and I massacred my friends pretty good (maybe an early sign of my openness towards militancy for the right cause). Then we gorged ourselves on pizza and soda.

I think there were like 10 people there. I had invited some douchebags I sat with at lunch and played video games with (they were my "friends" before I got to high school and actually made friends I liked as human beings) and also some girls from my class I was always trying to befriend because I liked them and my hormones were going insane, and one of them actually came.

My mom made an ice cream cake because it's what she likes despite the fact that I had disavowed ice cream cake, a strange occurrence which has persisted into my adult life (this past birthday my mom wanted to make me a cake and she made an ice cream cake and I was like seriously, I appreciate it, but I have been saying I don't like this for the last 20 years)

I also received some gift cards to Best Buy, and my Brazilian friend who was always talking about libertarianism and Rush Limbaugh gifted me a Creed CD.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #8215
redbreegull

do you think your son's birthday was THAT awesome? I know, it's a pretty high bar

Old 08-10-2018, 03:01 PM   #8216
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

That does sound pretty awesome - we’ve thrown parties like that before and he has loved them. His last birthday party in Australia was a hunger games-styled nerf war at a park that came with a page full of instructions, a convoluted scoring system, and a start where they stood in a ring and we blew a whistle, after which they had to sprint to the middle for weapons and then get out before being shot. His friends all said that they should get together and play that same game every week, but of course the only parents crazy enough to conceive of, organise, and run a batshit crazy idea like that we’re my husband and me, and once was enough for us. The boys all took it very seriously because they were 11 and young enough to not be too cool for it all. It was better than laser tag in some ways because we ran it at a massive park with trails and woods etc., and the game lasted for an hour, so there was time to use a bit of strategy and form alliances...I Guess I was inspired by the ‘wide games’ I grew up playing, at Scouts and Venturers (they’re both co-ed in New Zealand).

Sadly his year we are overseas, so none of his friends could be with him. The boat ride was around Capri and into the Blue Grotto though, and he did get to swim in the warm waters of the Mediterranean a few times. It was OK I think.

The only birthday party he’s been to at the new international school involved a party bus arriving at the school and driving the kids around for an hour while they danced. It dropped them off at the birthday girl’s waterfront condo in Sentosa which apparently had magnificent views and was ten times fancier than our condo. So for the time being....I’m not bothering to compete. I can’t compete. One of these kids is spending the summer in New York because his Dadis working there for a couple of months. Half of the others are originally from Europe somewhere so hey have all come here for their summer holidays. My kids are on the swim team and swim four or five times a week. They both won several races in their year group, so they get invited to the cool parties. But we are so not a cool family. So I’m glad we don’t have to think about a party for this year. It really is crushing to realise that your kids are ashamed of where you live and how much money you have. International schools are death

Old 08-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #8217
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I bought the still becoming apart cd

Old 08-10-2018, 04:47 PM   #8218
ilikeplanets
Braindead

parties like that make me grateful i have a daughter. of course she could be into parties like that, but not a lot of girls are and i certainly was/am not and therefore have zero idea how to organize anything that cool. i had a lot of dance and pool parties, and then sleepovers (the unsexy kind) when i got into the preteen years.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:52 PM   #8219
ilikeplanets
Braindead

speaking of her birthday, it's in less than a week. i cannot believe it, 1 already.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:02 PM   #8220
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
I bought the still becoming apart cd
I bought it twice