Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2017, 08:03 PM   #11431
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Many moons ago though!

Or like getting a guy to boot for you when you're a teenager and then he just b-lines for the bar and doesn't come back.
boot means something different to me, i think

Old 09-25-2017, 08:04 PM   #11432
fuzzyroes
Banned

Cause even if you don't act like an outright ass, it's never a good feeling having no recollection of doing something.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:06 PM   #11433
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
boot means something different to me, i think
Maybe it's a Canadian term. It basically means just asking random people to pick up liquor for you outside the store.

It's actually amazing how easy it was for us back in those days. It would never take long. Maybe cause my buddies always looked older people would assume we're older than we were.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #11434
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Cause even if you don't act like an outright ass, it's never a good feeling having no recollection of doing something.
Actually I am eternally grsteful that I do not remember getting knocked down and stomped on.

Day 18 Fuzzb0llz. How about you?

Old 09-25-2017, 08:13 PM   #11435
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Maybe it's a Canadian term. It basically means just asking random people to pick up liquor for you outside the store.

It's actually amazing how easy it was for us back in those days. It would never take long. Maybe cause my buddies always looked older people would assume we're older than we were.
yeah to me it means shoot up. which would be a weird thing to ask a stranger at a bar to do for you!

Old 09-25-2017, 08:14 PM   #11436
LaBelle
Socialphobic

There's about 15 different things that happened in the recent past that I wish I could forget about.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:15 PM   #11437
ilikeplanets
Braindead

have you tried volunteering?

Old 09-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #11438
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
WHY WOULD YOU TRUST A DRUG DEALER?? come on guys
yeah you never let your money walk

Old 09-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #11439
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
It's more than a bad feeling, something terrible could happen. To you or by you. I have blackouts sometimes. Not drug related. It's scary shit and should not be normalized

Old 09-25-2017, 08:39 PM   #11440
FoolofaTook

These weren't drug dealers. Just random people I asked on the streets of cities I was passing thru. Junkies.

Yeah I know. Even worse. I am incredibly stupid. And I don't think you guys realize how vulnerableand naive growing up on a walled compound of SDAs makes one Every I knew was like family. I grew up trusting everyone I knew and believing that there was some great loving Father up in the sky looking out. That shit has a lasting impact.

Or maybe I am just dumb.

Last edited by FoolofaTook : 09-25-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:42 PM   #11441
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i was scammed 3 or 4 times when i was desperate. its ok man. one dude even scammed me twice. yes i was a stupid junkie

Old 09-25-2017, 08:43 PM   #11442
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Not much you can do at this point. Maybe prevent drinking to the point of blacking out if this bothers you (it should).

Be glad you didn't harm anyone by knocking that bottle.
yeah i am s h o o k

Quote:
Don't feel shame man. That's not bad at all. But getting like that in the future could lead to problems. It's best that you nip it in the bud, and maybe just buy a set amount and leave it at that. Cause even if you buy a large quantity to save some money while you're assuming that you're gonna space it out over different occasions, there's more of a chance that you'll just keep on knocking em back once you're drunk.
thanks guys. yeah that's probably good. the thing is 99% of the time i know my own limits and won't let myself drink too much. but when there are others around it gets fucked

also one guy i live with is from colombia or something, and apparently they drink a ton there and have really high tolerance. allegedly he kept pouring me shots and thinking it was cool. this girl (who's super cool and sweet and from literally the same town i grew up in) was saying that i probably had too much.

i guess thank god i wasn't at a party or some shit around girls i like lol

re: bottle. thinking back, that's pretty scary yeah. but we're only on the second floor so it wouldn't be like terminal velocity or anything

Quote:
definitely. i've only gotten blackout drunk once before, and that was by myself, and i didn't know what would happen if i drank that much. it felt shitty and i never (intentionally) did that again

Old 09-25-2017, 08:47 PM   #11443
Elphenor
Braindead

is this the first time you've done something stupid while drunk?

Old 09-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #11444
Ram27
dumb

yes

Old 09-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #11445
FoolofaTook

Yes reprise, desperate was a big part of it. Desperate pathetic weed fiend.

I am sorry I snapped at you in the chat thread btw. My charge used to be (hey hey hey!) assault with. dangerous weapon so I have no right to deny it.

but I have no record now. so I can vote trump back into office and buy a double barrel shotgun. Sweet!

Old 09-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #11446
FoolofaTook

Felon 4 Lyfe Yo

Old 09-25-2017, 09:36 PM   #11447
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Yes reprise, desperate was a big part of it. Desperate pathetic weed fiend.

I am sorry I snapped at you in the chat thread btw. My charge used to be (hey hey hey!) assault with. dangerous weapon so I have no right to deny it.

but I have no record now. so I can vote trump back into office and buy a double barrel shotgun. Sweet!
I'm sorry, I didn't even see your reply. I just realized I missed stuff from yesterday in a bunch of threads.

It was a bad joke, don't label yourself an assaulter if you didn't actually assault anyone. and even if you did you did your time and shit, and there were other circumstances like him beating you up. i am sorry it was a bad joke

Old 09-25-2017, 09:37 PM   #11448
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

have you tried to register to vote? that would be such a cool symbolic victory

Old 09-25-2017, 09:42 PM   #11449
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
Ram27 sounds like a future alcoholic

Old 09-25-2017, 11:00 PM   #11450
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Ah cool, so that sun-hat girl started ghosting me now.

It's weird, when I raised the idea of going on a Segway date because this place gives free Segway tours, she seemed really enthusiastic, replied right away, told me that I've got the "best date ideas."

Then I realized I was wrong about it being free, and that it's actually $60. I said I understood if she didn't want to do that, seeing as she just came back from traveling and also just moved into a new place, so I raised the idea of checking out some free galleries instead. Made some self-deprecating joke about how I'll have to relinquish that "best date-idea guy 2017" trophy she awarded me because I made that dumb mistake of thinking the Segway tour was free. She was like, "haha, no, it's still a great idea, I just don't know if I'd want to pay that much." So, I thought it was cool.

I asked her when she was free, and she gave me a list of all the days she has off work for the next two weeks. We decide on Monday, because it's the only one that works with my schedule. But art galleries are all closed on Mondays. So, I told her we'd have to think of another activity, and pitched several, asking her about her thoughts on them. Cocktails, bowling, cooking, watching a scary DVD I had, going to Wal-Mart and replacing all of the stock photos in the picture frames they sell with our own silly ones (this one wasn't serious, obviously).

That's when she stopped responding.

Sent the occasional text after that just in case she just forgot to respond to me or something, but still radio silence. Today would have been our date.

I know she couldn't have just lost her phone or whatever, because a mutual friend texted her about something else, and got a response within minutes.

So, now I'm thinking that she was never interested in my company, and only went out with me because I had "fun" date ideas (she's the same one who was super stoked to go to that rope-bondage thingy with me). But since not even I could be "great date-idea guy" on a fucking Monday when nothing is happening, and assumed that maybe mutual company and a regular activity like grabbing a drink would be sufficient, I guess she lost interest.

I dunno. With Anastasia, since I was head-over-heels for her, the ghosting (and being stood-up) hurt badly. And honestly, I'm still not over her, because I'm yet to have met anybody I've liked as much as I liked her. Saw her last ages ago, but I still think about her quite frequently, even though those thoughts are no longer accompanied by a crippling pain.

With this girl, I wasn't sure if we were compatible, so I just thought I'd take her out a few times and see where things go. I thought that we had enough rapport that if we just weren't feeling it romantically, we would end up good friends. I liked spending time with her, I just didn't know if I felt that romantic "click."

So, the ghosting hurts in a different way. It kinda more just offends me, because it pretty much says "I care so little about you that I don't even think you're worth a text that would have taken five seconds of my time to tell you I'm no longer interested." Yes, some women are afraid of rejecting men because some men are violent and psycho, but we've known each other long enough for her to know I'm very understanding and mild-mannered and wouldn't freak on her for that.

Struggling with social phobia myself, I might give her the benefit of the doubt and entertain the idea that she has anxiety surrounding confrontation and communicating preferences that she feels may disappoint somebody, if she didn't go on a bunch of self-congratulatory speeches about how carefree and forward and comfortable with herself she is. She is the last person in the world to have any kind of social anxiety. We've even spoken about our differences in that respect, her talking about how open and well-adjusted she is, me talking about how anxious and awkward and neurotic I am.

I dunno, she's well-traveled. Goes to exotic places all the time. Does modeling work. Is very popular and well-liked. Has a million Facebook friends, is connected to a lot of interesting people. Very tall. Probably the kind of person who has people hanging on her and showering her with compliments all day. I'm an uncharismatic, graceless, awkward hobbit. She likely just knows she can get away with treating people like that, guilt-free.

I dunno, she seemed like a genuinely sweet, considerate, and frank person, which is why I'm kinda taken aback that she just kinda ghosted me instead of just saying "look, I'm not interested." We seemed to share a lot of values and some qualities, the main difference being that she's just more confident than I am. After finding her really open-minded and being able to talk to her about feminism and a lot of topics that don't come up with others, I just did not think she could be this way. Kinda let my guard down and even kinda told her stuff about how anxious and awkward I am, because she seemed understanding enough that I didn't have to ensure I was hiding all my vulnerabilities and the cracks in my armour around her, but it's not like I whined about that stuff to the point of burdening a person with my shit and treating her like I treat a Netphoria thread, either. It was, like, mentioned in passing here and there. Even if I didn't feel that powerful magnetic spark, I felt enough of a kinship that I thought we were at least friends.

I know I will be encouraged to bend myself backwards in order to frame this in a self-serving way. "You're money, Disco! It's not that you weren't good enough! Maybe she really liked you, but thought you just weren't interested!" But I mean, given the preponderance of evidence, it's pretty clear what's happened here. It's what I was saying would happen all along. She thought I was a cool, confident guy when I approached her, learned I'm actually a loser, lost interest.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:01 PM   #11451
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Fuck I had a pretty good streak keeping my post word count relatively low

Old 09-25-2017, 11:07 PM   #11452
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
watching a scary DVD I had
https://target.scene7.com/is/image/T...=520&fmt=pjpeg

Quote:
That's when she stopped responding.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:08 PM   #11453
buzzard
Minion of Satan

How long has it been?

Old 09-25-2017, 11:08 PM   #11454
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Image courtesy of Target.com

Target! Right on!

Old 09-25-2017, 11:09 PM   #11455
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
How long has it been?

Old 09-25-2017, 11:10 PM   #11456
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Sorry DK, I'm just in a hacky joke kinda mood.

As I often am.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:22 PM   #11457
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Don't be sorry, I'm not above making light of these things myself.

I usually try to mix in a little humour into my self-pitying posts, anyway.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:23 PM   #11458
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
How long has it been?
Since I last went over the acceptable character limit? I dunno, maybe three weeks?

Old 09-25-2017, 11:24 PM   #11459
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
So, now I'm thinking that she was never interested in my company, and only went out with me because I had "fun" date ideas (she's the same one who was super stoked to go to that rope-bondage thingy with me). But since not even I could be "great date-idea guy" on a fucking Monday when nothing is happening, and assumed that maybe mutual company and a regular activity like grabbing a drink would be sufficient, I guess she lost interest.
I really doubt that's the reason. Like, that's definitely not the reason.

Most people are losers, don't worry

Old 09-25-2017, 11:25 PM   #11460
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
never heard the non weird al version of this