Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #151
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
to be fair they were talking about taking the soundboards (for example) and properly mixing them. but yes i agree this is not nor does it need to be rocket science.
Okay make it 6 hours.

The main point is there is basically no cost and they could have tested a dozen different ways to do this with basically no cost to them.

The problem is Billy doesn't want this stuff out there. He knows we are all traders and he knows the second he puts it out 90% of us are just going to steal it. That's why he wants everything covered up front.

Hell to be honest that's why I never approached him. I had tons of ideas for this over the years the problem is once he lets the cat out of the bag he knows he is only going to get one last payday and then the vaults are out there for free. I could never figure out away around this issue and to this day it's still what's holding up Billy.

It's need to be more altruistic. All the bands out there that do this, do it because they want the stuff out there, not because they want money.

As long as Billy is looking at this as a for profit venture it's doomed.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #152
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post

As long as Billy is looking at this as a for profit venture it's doomed.
yes and looking at it as a way to recoup past money spent will not work either. face it, the material in the vault was 1) not good enough for the albums and 2) not good enough for the reissues. i doubt there are many things left that are, as a whole, better than the leaked things already released (mcis demos, adore demos, machina demos for example). when the quinto newsletters spoke of these releases as being "definitive" versions why not go straight for the gold?

personally i would love a "definitive" mcis demos (for example) unremixed and in its complete form, not spread out over several official and unofficial sources.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #153
slunken
Virgo

and no i don't give a toss about some 1988 iowa show.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #154
Rider
Minion of Satan

Yeah I'm not sure what's really left in the archive. To me it seems like the reissues are basically the archive.

And like you with the exception of a few key live shows that we could use better sources on there is no real reason for more live stuff unless you are a totally off the rails insane completest.

It's kind of like how Paul still has that one Beatles track Carnival of Light that he refuse to release.

We still have tons of missing Zwan stuff, but really lets face it the TSP archive is starting to suffer from diminishing returns. The other issue is we are all getting older and really at this point in my life I don't really care about pouring through hours worth of slightly different demos.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #155
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
really care about pouring through hours worth of slightly different demos.
tbch its the only reason i still hang around

Old 09-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #156
croPUMPKINS
Ownz

so basically...this site is about the band Smashing Pumpkins where the casual fans come for daily fed about their beloved band.

and all you guys do for 6 pages is argue about who sticks out more out of Bill's ass and cry cause it ain't you, yet you still claim to have a life!?

Old 09-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #157
slunken
Virgo

nuke

Old 09-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #158
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by croPUMPKINS View Post

who sticks out more out of Bill's ass and cry
we need a ps of this

Old 11-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #159
marce
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExitInTheSky View Post
get fucked.

as i said before, more news is coming within the next week.
any time now...

Old 11-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #160
fuzzyroes
Banned

ABSOLUTELY GROUNDBREAKING

Old 11-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #161
Ram27
dumb

Hate to make you wait
But heartsongs
Are still on my mind

Old 11-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #162
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
The album was tentatively scheduled to be released on September 1, 2011, but the release date was pushed to June 19, 2012.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #163
Rider
Minion of Satan

So yeah that whole annoucment about something to do with Adore that I was told on here and in private that was going to happen in a week. Yeah it's going like two months now.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #164
Rider
Minion of Satan

Correction it's well over 2 months now.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #165
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
So yeah that whole annoucment about something to do with Adore that I was told on here and in private that was going to happen in a week. Yeah it's going like two months now.
What was supposed to happen? It's not being released until next year.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #166
T&T
Socialphobic

when was the last re-issue? - summer?
MCIS was last christmas
I thought adore would be ready for christmas

Old 11-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #167
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

It was supposed to. He changed his mind. Might have to do with his decisions to put the band on hiatus. He's really into his wrestling thing these days.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #168
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I was trying to find some album scans but the SP photo website doesn't seem to exist anymore. What happened to it? Is it ever coming back? HU's gone, Blamo's gone…the SP community is dropping like flies.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #169
Order 66
Socialphobic

and we're all better for it

Old 12-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #170
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
I was trying to find some album scans but the SP photo website doesn't seem to exist anymore. What happened to it? Is it ever coming back? HU's gone, Blamo's gone…the SP community is dropping like flies.
As far as I know, bystarlight.org won't come back. Too much trouble with photographers/copyright owners of the featured pictures.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #171
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Assuming that those photographers can prove it was their photo and that they still retain rights to it, can't bystarlight just remove the photos in contention? Seems fucking ridiculous that they're going after a harmless fan site that isn't making money off of the photos.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #172
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I got the feeling that the online fan base was breaking down since so many sites shut down, but I thought that partly had something to do with monte drama.

Isn't Mr absolutely groundbreaking working on a pair of solo albums? I still think he should have went solo right after Jimmy quit or worked things out with him. It just ended up being a soul crushing experience for him. He sounded so fucking depressed in that crestfallen interview, actually he sounded fucking depressed in all the interviews he did during that Euro tour.

Last edited by Araneae : 12-01-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #173
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

margins

Old 12-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #174
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
As far as I know, bystarlight.org won't come back. Too much trouble with photographers/copyright owners of the featured pictures.
I know there was that big pissing match with the leet internet crowd several months ago (was it the SP Cruise thread, or several pages back in this one?) and this was discussed there. To me it sounded like why the site wasn't going back up was a curious blend of politics, too. For some reason I recall the situation not being so straight forward. (I mean, the reason she - I think it was a she) wasn't willing to take much of a stand about it.

FUCK all those who are attempting to monetize every last corner of the internet, BTW.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #175
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

yeah why should people get paid for anything they do

Old 12-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #176
Trotskilicious
Banned

my intrinsic right to be entertained should not have a monetary value

Old 12-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #177
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Because it's worth absolutely nothing and the photo website is for archival purposes, not for entertainment. Bystarlight could win the law suit but it costs money and is time consuming. And speaking as someone who has published works, the royalties are piddly fucking squat. Given the circumstances, these people are just hoping that they'd get a settlement out of bystarlight before reaching the courts.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #178
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

That. I'm talking about the entities with the power to hire dozens of predatory high dollar lawyers to bully and scare people into submission and settlements even when they're not in the legal wrong. I'm talking about the patent squatters. Those fuckers are ruining not only the internet, but free expression in general. There is a difference between just compensation and the kindo of exploitation that is all to often seen in this particular form of oligarchic capitalism bringing ruin to the world today.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #179
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah that's all great but there's a distinct mooch culture on the internet that expects everything to be free, so now we have people doing say live music photography gratis and that's the most they can ever hope to get out of it

because stumpycat and araneae don't think their work is worth a single penny.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #180
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

That's great, I'm sure there is, but that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. We're discussing a very specific situation where the people in question were not having their work stolen or losing money from it. Everyone on this forum should pay for the use of their fucking avatars if we're going to use that logic here.