Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-02-2021, 12:06 PM   #1
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Smashing Pumpkins - 1998-08-19 - Estacion Mapocho, Santiago, Chile [FM]

Hi all.. As my ability to create a new thread appears to be disabled I'll just drop this here for you. Feel free to make it into its own thread

It's been a long time.

I received the following show in a trade over 10 years ago when running the Smashing Pumpkins Trading Hub on DC++.

From memory it was being used as collateral for some other trades although with all the time that's passed I'm guessing that never worked out!

At the time i don't believe this source has ever been listed as being in existence although things may've changed over the years. I haven't fully verified all the files as remembering how to upload to archive.org was a challenge enough so hope all good.

Oh.. and it's a FM source as well

https://archive.org/download/tsp1998-08-19.FM.flac16

Quote:
The Smashing Pumpkins

1998-08-19

Estacion Mapocho, Santiago, Chile

Source: FM > CDR > MediaCoder > FLAC

01. To Sheila

02. Behold! The Night Mare

03. Pug

04. Once Upon A Time

05. Disarm

06. Ava Adore + Tear (cut)

07. Tear + Blank Page

08. Perfect

09. Bullet With Butterfly Wings

10. Shame

I can finally clear down my harddrive

Old 02-02-2021, 01:08 PM   #2
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

thx

Old 02-02-2021, 01:38 PM   #3
NickS
Pledge

Awesome thank you! Definitely something new here as the current circulating PRO video doesn't have most of these tracks.

I'll check it out and update SPLRA accordingly.

https://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php...=Tsp1998-08-19

Old 02-02-2021, 01:39 PM   #4
NickS
Pledge

If you remember anything about the taper name or the dc++ user please PM me, maybe we can run down an actual tape of this.

Old 02-02-2021, 03:46 PM   #5
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post
If you remember anything about the taper name or the dc++ user please PM me, maybe we can run down an actual tape of this.

Sure will see what I can find. Myself and Redbull spent months uploading all shows that were in circulation at the time to the archive so this was one of the few we didn't

I'm not sure if Billy's solo shows / zwan were allowed on the archive (potentially yes) - if so is there an easy way to search through to validate whether I've got anything not in main circulation.

And I'm guessing YouTube policy has also changed alot over the years for videos. Might have a few things laying around. Again not sure if there is a central storage or YouTube playlist to help me confirm.

Old 02-02-2021, 04:50 PM   #6
NickS
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaldz View Post
Sure will see what I can find. Myself and Redbull spent months uploading all shows that were in circulation at the time to the archive so this was one of the few we didn't

I'm not sure if Billy's solo shows / zwan were allowed on the archive (potentially yes) - if so is there an easy way to search through to validate whether I've got anything not in main circulation.

And I'm guessing YouTube policy has also changed alot over the years for videos. Might have a few things laying around. Again not sure if there is a central storage or YouTube playlist to help me confirm.
Just check anything you think is interesting against the SPLRA database. If it's not listed, or listed as uncirculated, it likely is worthwhile

https://www.splra.org/

Old 02-02-2021, 05:07 PM   #7
NickS
Pledge

Looks like Pug, Blank Page, and Shame are new. Disarm is shown in this video, which looks like a new source also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtZHjJjRTqk

Going to call Spaldz's new source FM1. It sounds like a SBD with AUD mics mixed in. Sounds amazing.

Old 02-02-2021, 07:36 PM   #8
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

I can't locate all my hard drives right now (10 years of storage) although found my main audio drive for Smashing Pumpkins.

It looks like i uploaded everything i could to archive.org back in the day. I'm guessing the shows which aren't uploaded are because they are TV/WWW/SAT rips which weren't allowed. However, if there's anything specific on there that's needing to be recirculated or you want more information give me a shout.

I was hoping to find my old videos so will keep looking

List attached:

https://pastebin.com/7R1m8zbk

Old 02-02-2021, 07:40 PM   #9
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

And if there's nothing useful i'll just simply reshare some bloke's thesis which they wrote on Machina

Quote:
SPEAKING IN RHYME AND RIDDLE: HYBRIDITY IN BILLY CORGAN’S MACHINA
by
ADAM MICHAEL WARE
(Under the Direction of Carolyn Jones Medine)
ABSTRACT
The present study examines MACHINA, a hybrid multimedia narrative composed and performed
by Billy Corgan and the Smashing Pumpkins. Through a disjunctive use of media to tell the
story of a fractured, hybrid hero named GLASS, Corgan reveals himself to be an inheritor of
William Blake’s attitudes toward creative media as evidenced in his experiments in illuminated
engraving. GLASS, the focus of the chards of narrative and performance, represents one variant
of Joseph Campbell’s hero as suited to the needs of Corgan’s disaffected audience. In the act of
co-creating the narrative with Corgan, his audience helps to enter themselves into a liminal state
and a sense of communitas as developed by anthropologist Victor Turner, again with variations
made to suit the fractured, conflicted nature of Billy Corgan’s audience. More than a concept
album, MACHINA reworks a number of existing notions about religious responses to narrative
and performance.

Old 02-02-2021, 08:01 PM   #10
spguitar0
Demi-God

I could just about die happy if I could get a flac copy of my first concert.

D:\~~Hub - Smashing Pumpkins Audio~~\Music FLAC - SHN\Smashing Pumpkins\- - 2000 - -\tsp2000-05-10 - Boutwell Auditorium, Birmingham, AL, US

Old 02-02-2021, 08:46 PM   #11
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Pretty sure the word Chile is what broke it, I couldn't move it with that name either but was able to edit after I moved it to the correct name.

If anyone has this problem in the future just make a thread and name it whatever and PM me and I'll fix it. It's possible (even likely) that I will miss it if you just put it in a thread.

Fun fact, the original thread this was posted in also would not post with the correct title and had to be changed after the fact.

We're just running it until the wheels fall off at this point.

Old 02-02-2021, 10:36 PM   #12
Ram27
dumb

should we formally organize a netpho migration? archive the shitposts and set up a new one with tech from this century

Old 02-03-2021, 01:02 AM   #13
NickS
Pledge

Probably just needs a one liner PHP fix to handle odd characters.

Old 02-03-2021, 01:14 AM   #14
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
should we formally organize a netpho migration? archive the shitposts and set up a new one with tech from this century
sure go for it

Old 02-03-2021, 01:53 AM   #15
Big Truck05
Apocalyptic Poster

Epic! Thank you!

The Mike Garson piano on Tear into Blank Page is so good. Never heard this transition before.