Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
carapatricia
Apocalyptic Poster

Angry Chicago 11/18 Video of BC rants - "Last time we checked, we are an alternative band."

My pumpkins Flickr page has photos from last night. I was row FF seat 401 (6th Row Center after the pit) and i was kind of upset with how my camera turned out. My roommate took like 200 pics and I'll update it when hers get up.
Smashing Pumpkins Chicago Shows - a set on Flickr

OK and his rant:

I'm really sorry on how shakey the camera is

BC's rant on Chicago girls, and teasing a girl in the balcony, plus 'meet the band' forgetting Jeff Shroeder.
YouTube - Billy Corgan on Chicago girls, meet the band.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/v/_sFOfPOqcz4[/YOUTUBE]
"What is Chicago style? A girl who likes to have fun, number one. A girl with a good rear end, number two. Thats right. Baby's got back. Number 3, standard issue Jennifer aniston hair, standard issue for a chicago girl. See? We bore you and then we make you laugh, thats our gimmick."
>

BC's 13 minute rant (cut down to 9 on my camera):
YouTube - Billy Corgan doen't know what you want.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgcieNseX8Y[/YOUTUBE]
includes Sarah Palin comments, etc.
"you know, for twenty years we've tried to make people happy and failed again and again. its confusing but we're good at it. Is it that we don't play music? is that it ? Is it because I don't put a big smile on my face? Is it the funny voice?"

Old 11-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Shallowed
Braindead

Jesus. He's so self-conscious.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

Location: I fuck in my spare time, this is what I do at work you dumb bitch.-esty

whoah... forgot jeff? He is one of the best additions aside from lisa.. wtf?

Old 11-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

Location: I fuck in my spare time, this is what I do at work you dumb bitch.-esty

oh know didnt watch it all the way nm

Old 11-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan

Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.

the whole front section of the audience was yelling "what about jeff?" and it wasnt until billy started playing and jeff pointed to himself that he figured it out. i felt bad.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Oh man, the last rant, Billy has gotten really, really whiny lately, when's he going to stop doing this. ALSO if you listen closely it really sounds like the microphone is giving Billy a lisp, it's hilarious.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
T&T
Socialphobic

someone should just tell him
"yes it's the voice, the bald head & the dresses"

Old 11-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
Shallowed
Braindead

He's doing the reverse-psychology thing, he's being modest so that a fag like the person who grabbed the microphone can vindicate him by verbally sucking his cock.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #9
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

well you have blossomed into quite the netphorian you little sheep cunt

Old 11-19-2008, 05:28 PM   #10
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

dude's incredibly unprofessional. i wonder how long before the hired guns in the band get fed up with this bs

Old 11-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

hired guns meaning?

Old 11-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #12
Kahlo

don't be dim

Old 11-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

I can see Jeff leaving and going onto greater things, though maybe not Ginger since her solo material was awful, she needs the moneys.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #14
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan

Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mablak View Post
I can see Jeff leaving and going onto greater things, though maybe not Ginger since her solo material was awful, she needs the moneys.
yeah jeff really seems like he has what it takes..... what?

Old 11-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #15
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Smile View Post
hired guns meaning?
The killer touring personnel.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #16
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

I was being facetious

Old 11-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #17
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissedandGone2 View Post
yeah jeff really seems like he has what it takes..... what?
He does. You just don't get it.

I guess maybe I'm just saying that because his prior material wasn't embarrassing or anything.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #18
Diss N. Chanted
Pledge

That's some funny, funny stuff imo. Totally contradictory to how it was being reported in writing. I can't wait for the last date of the tour when he will REALLY go off about the whole tour experience.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 PM   #19
dustrock
debunked!

Location: Part-alien, part-human, part-robot, part-star-crossed lover and part-mercury filled

so first he complains that the "average" fan doesn't understand the band and only wants the radio hits, so they're going to ignore the "average" fan and just do what they want, assuming that the "hardcore" fans will fall in line because they have so far, right?

The last thing I'll say about the Billy weird rant/asking fans to vent at the show is: if this kind of tension with the fans results in him writing the best music he can, then I'm all for it.

I.e., if we got Owata/Rome/Song for Son/March Hare as a direct result of him being pissed off, then so be it.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #20
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

as far as rants go it was pretty clearheaded and awesome.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:25 PM   #21
Shallowed
Braindead

except they're an American Gothic band, not alternative, remember?

Old 11-19-2008, 11:39 PM   #22
tstats
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
so first he complains that the "average" fan doesn't understand the band and only wants the radio hits, so they're going to ignore the "average" fan and just do what they want, assuming that the "hardcore" fans will fall in line because they have so far, right?
I don't think its fair to say his rants are about the average fan because there are some average fans that like the new songs, they seem to be more about the fans who are stuck in the past and dont want to hear a the new material, and the fans that yell out "Machina sucks", "Geek USA", or "Bullet" 40,000xs a night

Old 11-20-2008, 12:05 AM   #23
paranoid
Minion of Satan

holy fuck you people have no sense of humor.

fucking kill yourselves already.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:13 AM   #24
redbull
Immortal

because machina sucking and geek usa being an awesome song are totally opinions only held by casual fans

Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 AM   #25
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan

less talking more playing. why does billy have to engage in all this metadiscussion of the band? there's nothing to talk about it. stage banter is awesome when it's about....something besides yourself.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:23 AM   #26
carapatricia
Apocalyptic Poster

I just got back from tonights 11/19 show, 'white crosses' and HOLY SHIT what a turn around. BC didn't say anything shitty to the crowd and thanked those of us at last nights disaster for coming back. BC came up to a group of us waiting by the stage door after the show and he was like "Now that was a good show".
You could tell the difference.

I'll upload it soon

Old 11-20-2008, 05:20 AM   #27
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

The guy who Billy gave the microphone to was yelling "DISARRRRRRRRRRM", "SIAMEEEESE DREEEEEEEAAAAAAM -- PLAAAAAAY IT!!!", and his favorite line, "GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" all throughout the concert. Really fucking annoying, esp. cause he has a very loud voice. Then when Billy gave him the microphone, he starts praising Billy. What a tool. But with that at least he got the crowd cheering for Billy again.

Chicago show #2 = 100x better crowd than night 1. Much better vibe.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:32 AM   #28
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Massively embarrassing for all involved really. I'd find it hard on any level to defend that rant. If it's a joke it's not funny, if he's for real which I suspect, it's just totally lame.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:47 AM   #29
Kahlo

raylittle2 says Bill ,,,, YOU RUINED MY ANNIVERSARY
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 11:08 pm
http://smashingpumpkins.com/images/a...ler=1227183773
Bill, you owe me $970.00 that I spent just to sit in the pitt section at the Chicago Theater. Who do you think you are BILL to say to my wife and I and all your fans, that "We are like your ex girlfriend who took all your money??? 18 years we have loved your music, all of it, poetry.

Your childish rant, spitting like a pig multiple times, you should have seen your band members reactions, let alone how many of them seemed like it was the last place they wanted to be.

Your fans all paid a huge price to come to your concert to escape from hard times, economic hardship felt by all.

I thought about this present to my wife tickets in the pitt, how this would be our memory for years to come, my son and his wife also attended that evening who are huge fans as well, his wife, 5 months pregnant with our grandson ...WOW THREE GENERATIONS AT YOUR SHOW BILL.

We tried to get a simple autograph for our grandsons baby book, we talked to Jeff, and Geo, no way... We thought three generations with BC at the concert, what a cool thing.

Hey Bill, thanks for the abuse, the kazoos, the tweetie birds, we got your message Bill, at our expense.

My wife, son and his wife wont be there 20 years from now with our grandson.

Smashing Pumpkins dot com | first two chicago shows over

Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #30
Starla

wow. lol