Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #4651
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Y’all ever get hi or otherwise on sleep deprivation?

Wasn’t my choice but got a big humid sack of fecund nugs of sleep depro last couple nites

Playin some okami and literally honestly just let’s face it can’t tell if im hallucinate or is it just this silly dogs crafty magic makin me trip balls all over my switch
yeah after like 40 hours or so i start to get manic. i haven't had this happen in quite a while though

Old 08-21-2019, 10:43 PM   #4652
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Is the mania like the body’s like

Ok we gotta go all in right now, cause clearly there’s an emergency or otherwise we woulda nightnight, so let’s do this VROOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

Like if a large cat was hunting u for days in oldentimes, u could use that manic energy to clamber over those rocks

Old 08-21-2019, 11:38 PM   #4653
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Is the mania like the body’s like

Ok we gotta go all in right now, cause clearly there’s an emergency or otherwise we woulda nightnight, so let’s do this VROOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

Like if a large cat was hunting u for days in oldentimes, u could use that manic energy to clamber over those rocks
something like that i'm assuming, yeah. definitely neurotransmitter-mediated. that's the one thing humans having going for us in those situations. we don't run that fast but damn can we run for a long time.

lookie research: https://medcraveonline.com/SMDIJ/SMDIJ-02-00038.pdf

they call it IIBMPE lol

Old 08-21-2019, 11:43 PM   #4654
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Sleep deprivation has had me putting cell phones in the fridge and milk in the pantry. Oh yeah.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:02 AM   #4655
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i'd rather read one new post a week.
you can. it's entirely up to you what you read and what you skip.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:49 AM   #4656
yo soy el mejor

you so clever like that, bram.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:10 AM   #4657
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Sarcasm works a tad bit better when you say the opposite of what's true.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #4658
yo soy el mejor

totally but i was serious

:|

Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #4659
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
so here's what went down. […] we had a good time
What I'm not seeing in here is any mention of you aggressively negging her or being forceful or wearing a distinctive hat, so I'm not sure how you come away saying you had a good time

Old 08-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #4660
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Sleep deprivation has had me putting cell phones in the fridge and milk in the pantry. Oh yeah.
Just wait til u start putting the pie in the bouncer and the baby in the oven

Old 08-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #4661
Shallowed
Braindead

Smile

Quote:
you so clever like that, bram.
You're the cleverest of all, by far

Old 08-22-2019, 10:41 AM   #4662
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Just wait til u start putting the pie in the bouncer and the baby in the oven

Ah, when you're so high off of sleep deprivation that you get the munchies for a "California Cheeseburger."

Old 08-22-2019, 11:10 AM   #4663
Shallowed
Braindead

Weed is saving me from an existence of emaciation.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:14 PM   #4664
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
You're the cleverest of all, by far

Old 08-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #4665
yo soy el mejor

fuck the slice, want the pie

Old 08-22-2019, 02:24 PM   #4666
FoolofaTook

Quote:
totally but he was serious

Old 08-22-2019, 02:45 PM   #4667
yo soy el mejor

:|

Old 08-22-2019, 05:10 PM   #4668
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

CUT! & that's a picture wrap for FoolOfATook, yo soy el mejor, & Disco King. see you all next week for the new shoot!

Old 08-22-2019, 11:31 PM   #4669
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Thanks, yeah, life is so much better now. I'm actually getting to some deeper work after all this time. I've been with my therapist since 2011 and we're just now really getting there, lol. But I'm trying really hard.

I'm sorry to hear that. I think I was overpowered before my one involuntary hospitalization (I had lots of voluntary), but I don't remember it. They definitely drugged me and I woke up in a concrete room wearing a hospital gown having no idea where I was. It was some kind of holding tank, there were a few other rooms with other patients and a nursing station in the middle. They wouldn't give me my medicine (non-narcotic psych meds) and it was a good thing I knew my mom's phone number because they would only let me use this one phone to call somebody. Then I got transferred to another hospital and no one came to visit me so I wore one pair of clothes for like 5 days. Fun times.

I had a dream once where I spoke to "the devil" and it told me that I was pure evil and his pawn. This is when I was living with my ex or whatever you want to call him. It was like a 5 minute exhaustion dream because he'd keep me up for a long time and he'd get so pissed off at me if I fell asleep. So I tried not to fall asleep but it still happened.
THat's so amazing that you're getting to that stuff now....I think I'm going to have to wait until the kids have left home because it's really more survival until then. I can live vicariously through you though, and sort of hope that something similar is in my future!! It's really awesome to see all the ways you've changed even since I arrived here in 2012.

Your involuntary hospitalisation sounds really dodgy and horrible, I'm so sorry to hear about that....I was awake for all of mine but in some ways I guess I laid down more minutes of memories, and I was so upset that day. I really didn't want to go. They came right into my bedroom, my only safe space in the entire world, touched me where I lay on my bed, curled up hoping they would go away, and then lifted me from it by force, four or so adults, and basically carried me out to the ambulance. I was living in this shithole halfway house that was huge, maybe even 40 rooms or so. People were standing in the doors of their shitty bedrooms watching me as I was carried past. And then they locked me in the psych ward for 2 weeks. All that stuff is buried so deep now...I meet new people all the time and just have no idea how to be a normal person, carrying those sorts of secrets and not really wanting to share.

One day I'll get to dealing with all that stuff..and the stuff that put me in that situation in the first place. Not for a while....

But it truly does give me so much hope for my own future, to know you are starting that process now...thanks for sharing and giving me that hope... <3

Old 08-23-2019, 12:25 AM   #4670
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
THat's so amazing that you're getting to that stuff now....I think I'm going to have to wait until the kids have left home because it's really more survival until then. I can live vicariously through you though, and sort of hope that something similar is in my future!! It's really awesome to see all the ways you've changed even since I arrived here in 2012.

Your involuntary hospitalisation sounds really dodgy and horrible, I'm so sorry to hear about that....I was awake for all of mine but in some ways I guess I laid down more minutes of memories, and I was so upset that day. I really didn't want to go. They came right into my bedroom, my only safe space in the entire world, touched me where I lay on my bed, curled up hoping they would go away, and then lifted me from it by force, four or so adults, and basically carried me out to the ambulance. I was living in this shithole halfway house that was huge, maybe even 40 rooms or so. People were standing in the doors of their shitty bedrooms watching me as I was carried past. And then they locked me in the psych ward for 2 weeks. All that stuff is buried so deep now...I meet new people all the time and just have no idea how to be a normal person, carrying those sorts of secrets and not really wanting to share.

One day I'll get to dealing with all that stuff..and the stuff that put me in that situation in the first place. Not for a while....

But it truly does give me so much hope for my own future, to know you are starting that process now...thanks for sharing and giving me that hope... <3
That sounds terrible, I'm sorry. Even with my involuntary I had gone to the hospital myself, but I became unresponsive because of flashbacks and that's the last thing I remember. My friend Scott (who died a few years ago) took me and I wanted to go voluntary inpatient at the place next door the next morning (no admissions during the night), but that didn't happen obviously. They didn't take involuntary admissions or overnight ones. I was there some other times though and they both helped me a ton and really hurt me. I got to some good work with them but it was also much too fast and opened me up to some traumatization from other patients who turned out to be predators, and all around it was a mixed experience for sure.

And a 40 room halfway house? Dude... what the hell. That's a halfway hotel or something. It's residential mental health housing at that point. Doesn't sound ideal to me.

Feel free to live vicariously through me. I've been working still. Today we talked about what my therapist will do if I start uncontrollably ugly/grief crying. Like, will she sit near me, will she hug me or touch me in any way, etc. It was helpful. I don't know if I brought up on here before but there was one other time I had written something on here and showed it to her and it made her cry, and she sat next to me and we both cried, it was good. And then one other time she was trying to convince me to go to a conference with her (not together but like, we'd both be there, it was a few hours away), and she said part of the reason she wants to go is so she can help me if I go, and I instinctively said "why would you want to do that" and she got really sad all of a sudden and cried a bit. We talked about it today and she said it broke her heart a little, that I felt that way, why would anyone want to help me. I mean, I know she wants to help me, but doing stuff out of therapy time I guess was unthinkable to me. Really anybody putting effort into me like that.

Anyway, good things going on. I also told her the other day that I heard in my head that I needed to stop being a little bitch and start feeling things already. It was kind of mortifying/hilarious.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:33 PM   #4671
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
so here's what went down. we met up at a kind of fancyish bar and ordered beer and oysters. she is extroverted, smart, and funny. she is from Brazil, and has picked up fluent English in two years of living here. The conversation was natural and easy, no awkwardness. We found out we have plenty in common, similar worldviews, and both love marijuana. she told me I am more attractive in person than in my pictures. she also ordered a second beer, which I interpreted as a good sign because she doesn't really like drinking very much. when it came time to pay, I offered to get the bill. she then offered to pay for herself. I said I was never sure what to do in this situation and she suggested that if I picked up the tab this time and she will get it next time. I walked her to her car and it didn't feel like the right moment to try and initiate a kiss, so we just hugged and said it was nice to meet each other and we had a good time
You are good looking in your photos. You are better looking in person, though, probably just because you don't put a lot of effort into curating your selfies. I think men typically do a poorer job of building dating profiles because of this

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 08-25-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #4672
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I broke up with one of my partners a few weeks ago and it's been harder for me to deal with than I thought it would be. I loved her. But she wasn't dealing well with me being poly, and could not understand why I did not want a primary partner. She would get depressed and hurt when she knew I was on a date with someone else. And she had started to set boundaries with me that I could not abide by. Things like I couldn't mention the names of any of my ex's or other partners when I was with her. I have another partner I've been seeing since last year, and I am very close with several of the people I used to date. My best friend here in DC is an ex.

What bothered me the most was that simply being in a relationship with me was hurting her. So I had to end it. We had been dating for approximately 5 months.

Over the last few weeks she had very rough time with me breaking up with her. Her therapist tired to get her to voluntarily commit herself to a mental health facility. I know she was threatening to kill herself. Two of our common friends have cut ties with me.

I never lied to her. Being poly and my other relationships were always known to her. And she told me over and over that she was OK with that and had been in poly relationships before.

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 08-25-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:51 PM   #4673
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

the good thing is that I started dating someone new. She and I have a lot in common, despite the fact that she's 18 years younger than me. LOL Both of us like/want a relationship where we see each other on a limited basis and don't put expectations on each other for more time/energy.

Our first date was a meet-up to have coffee, which kind of just continued on all day and ended up including a museum visit and then dinner and then drinks.

Old 08-25-2019, 03:20 PM   #4674
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
You are good looking in your photos. You are better looking in person, though, probably just because you don't put a lot of effort into curating your selfies. I think men typically do a poorer job of building dating profiles because of this
thank you. also thank you for giving real feedback, that makes sense. I think a lot of my selfies get cut short because as soon as I'm just figuring out my angles and shit my friends or fam will call me on taking obvious public selfies like it's shameless of me haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
I broke up with one of my partners a few weeks ago and it's been harder for me to deal with than I thought it would be. I loved her. But she wasn't dealing well with me being poly, and could not understand why I did not want a primary partner. She would get depressed and hurt when she knew I was on a date with someone else. And she had started to set boundaries with me that I could not abide by. Things like I couldn't mention the names of any of my ex's or other partners when I was with her. I have another partner I've been seeing since last year, and I am very close with several of the people I used to date. My best friend here in DC is an ex.

What bothered me the most was that simply being in a relationship with me was hurting her. So I had to end it. We had been dating for approximately 5 months.

Over the last few weeks she had very rough time with me breaking up with her. Her therapist tired to get her to voluntarily commit herself to a mental health facility. I know she was threatening to kill herself. Two of our common friends have cut ties with me.

I never lied to her. Being poly and my other relationships were always known to her. And she told me over and over that she was OK with that and had been in poly relationships before.

that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear all that. Obviously you did the right thing by ending it, but I know that doesn't make it easier for you, or for her. As long as you never misrepresented yourself though, IMO it's up to the other party to intelligently decide if they are ok with the terms you lay down. jealousy and resentment are relationship killers, and sometimes people don't really know their own needs and boundaries in a relationship. or... are immature enough to enter a situation they don't feel ok with and then either attempt to change you or let the resentment and threat-factors grow.

a few years back when I was doing pretty poorly, I got into a situation with someone who knew I was not interested in sexual exclusivity at the time, said it was ok and she wasn't looking for any kind of commitment necessarily, then we developed more serious feelings for each other and she steadily became more and more jealous and toxic. even though I had laid down the truth for her about other people I was concurrently involved with at the beginning, over time she started to use the closeness of our relationship and the hurt she would feel if I slept with someone else as a wedge between me and what I saw as my freedom to do exactly what I told her I was interested in from the beginning. It got way worse from there, but yeah, just not a good situation to be in. Good on you for ending it when you knew it needed to end. I wish people were less jealous and possessive.

Good to hear you are dating someone new though and that it's going well.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:44 AM   #4675
ovary
Ownz

i have a dk/rbg/elph story about meeting women but im married so it likely will not end interestingly. there's a tall beautiful new woman at work. the first time i saw her she was giving a group presentation and i automatically asked the woman sitting next to me "who's the girl with the earrings," which in hindsight likely showed my hand. anyway i went to my buddy's office yesterday and turns out she's his officemate. i sat down and nodded to her and my buddy asked "how's it going" and i told the truth i said "well i have to pee a little bit. not enough to go right now but i'm thinking it'll need to happen soon." she was looking at her computer but i saw her smirk. pretty sure i'm in.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:51 AM   #4676
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
pretty sure i'm in.
i highly doubt this given your well-documented, past issues with penetration.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:29 AM   #4677
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

oh now it's getting juicy... really play this one up for the camera you guys, don't hold back - this shit is airing on HBO!

Old 08-29-2019, 09:43 PM   #4678
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Hi all,

If anybody has any suggestions as far as the best turntable you could get on a $300USD budget goes, letting me know would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
buzzard

Old 08-30-2019, 03:33 AM   #4679
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Not sure how expensive they are now, but Pro-Ject turntables are / used to be amazing for their price range.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #4680
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Not sure how expensive they are now, but Pro-Ject turntables are / used to be amazing for their price range.
Seconded although u will wanna spend most your attention on what kinda stylus gonna be packed in with that thing

This more than any other element is gonna affect what u hear, imo