Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #121
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,120
Default

success for trump means failure for everyone else but the elite few

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #122
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,805
Default

Oh gee, yes, I hope he succeeds at alienating the rest of the globe, deporting half the agricultural workforce, goading us into nuclear war, bringing church and state closer together than ever before and denying climate change, childhood obesity, etc etc?

 
FlamingGlobes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #123
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,805
Default

Once Trump is done, we will truly be a Flaming Globe.


 
FlamingGlobes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #124
MarquisInSpades
Banned
 
Location: /private/etc/hosts.txt
Posts: 1,901
Default


 
MarquisInSpades is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #125
Tchocky
Minion of Satan
 
Tchocky's Avatar
 
Location: Wher I en nd yu begn
Posts: 6,980
Default

If this was one of Trump's businesses, this is the point where he'd declare bankruptcy and run away.

 
Tchocky is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:46 PM   #126
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 29,755
Default

"If there is a shutdown, I think it would be a tremendously negative mark on the President of the United States. He's the one who has to get people together!"

–Donald Trump, 2011

 
redbreegull is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #127
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 29,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Even as dumb and awful as George W Bush was/is, I don't recall people actually wanting him to fall flat on his face.. But with Trump there's this whole new insanity brewing with liberal people. I just don't get it.
if his agenda is to hurt racial minorities, women, the LGBTQ community, and immigrants, why would we possibly want him to succeed? I do hope he fails, and he has, and will continue to. Your blind obedience to your figurehead no matter what his actions are just underlines your fascist beliefs.

 
redbreegull is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:41 PM   #128
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 12,877
Default

i hope i can still have health insurance T_T

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #129
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 12,877
Default

i also hope our food keeps getting inspected and the god damn flu keeps being monitored

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:20 PM   #130
buzzard
Minion of Satan
 
buzzard's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
It's almost as if people would rather Trump destroy the nation than have to admit that he did a pretty good job.
You don't actually think he's doing a good job so far, do you?

 
buzzard is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #131
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: The baddest of asses
Posts: 10,060
Default

b.a.i.t.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:19 AM   #132
Disco King
Minion of Satan
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 5,786
Default

Trump shows us the "art of the deal" by walking away from a deal with Schumer on DACA, and preferring to have a government shutdown.

Or at least, the far-right congress members who were the last to have his ear before the decision preferred the government shutdown.

DACA is a conservative bill. It doesn't even give these undocumented immigrants, who have lived in America since childhood, many of whom may have lived many years without even knowing they don't have papers, a pathway to citizenship. It just gives them temporary amnesty and allows them to go to school, get work permits, and pay taxes. But the "family values" far-right can't even stand not tearing families apart and not sending ICE agents to take people from their homes in the night.

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:23 AM   #133
Shallowed
Braindead
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Location: A vegan's vagina
Posts: 16,581
Default


 
Shallowed is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:41 AM   #134
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 30,507
Default


 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:10 PM   #135
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Trump shows us the "art of the deal" by walking away from a deal with Schumer on DACA, and preferring to have a government shutdown.

Or at least, the far-right congress members who were the last to have his ear before the decision preferred the government shutdown.

DACA is a conservative bill. It doesn't even give these undocumented immigrants, who have lived in America since childhood, many of whom may have lived many years without even knowing they don't have papers, a pathway to citizenship. It just gives them temporary amnesty and allows them to go to school, get work permits, and pay taxes. But the "family values" far-right can't even stand not tearing families apart and not sending ICE agents to take people from their homes in the night.
Republicans are disingenuously hard pushing the narrative that the democrats shut the gov down to favor foreigners over Americans

someone who's lived here since they were a child is an American undocumented or not

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #136
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
You don't actually think he's doing a good job so far, do you?
There's been obvious upsides. The markets are booming, jobs are steadily increasing. A lot of useless red tapes been removed. There's a lot to like if you're an American.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:42 PM   #137
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 29,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
There's been obvious upsides. The markets are booming, jobs are steadily increasing. A lot of useless red tapes been removed. There's a lot to like if you're an American.
bullshit fox news talking point. ask any real economist how much of an influence a president's policies have on the economy in the span of a year (hint: it's basically no correlation). The Wall Street economy is good because of Barack Obama. The real economy has been spiraling downward for decades and Trump's policies are only furthering the divide between rich and poor

 
redbreegull is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #138
Disco King
Minion of Satan
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 5,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
A lot of useless red tapes been removed.
Could you give a few examples?

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #139
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,120
Default

stock markets always boom after tax cuts

it means nothing unless you're someone who lives off of capitol

without progressive wealth redistribution none of that money is "trickling down" to workers and the massive costs will down the line be taken out of programs that benefit the middle class

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:56 PM   #140
reprise85
garbage person
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 30,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
There's been obvious upsides. The markets are booming, jobs are steadily increasing. A lot of useless red tapes been removed. There's a lot to like if you're an American.
jobs were already increasing and are now increasing at a slower rate than before

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:35 PM   #141
Disco King
Minion of Satan
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 5,786
Default

A wealth of evidence also shows that tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy don't actually stimulate the economy or create jobs.

Corporate taxes are the price corporations pay to make profit. Investing in the company through hiring more people is already tax-deductible. So, when you cut corporate taxes, that just creates more incentive to increase profits and shareholder paycheques, and less incentive to create jobs.

The wealthy also don't put their money back into the economy as much as people who need to spend that money for day-to-day expenses do. It goes into their personal investments to make them richer.

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:05 AM   #142
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: The baddest of asses
Posts: 10,060
Default

is it still offline?

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:16 PM   #143
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
A wealth of evidence also shows that tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy don't actually stimulate the economy or create jobs.

Corporate taxes are the price corporations pay to make profit. Investing in the company through hiring more people is already tax-deductible. So, when you cut corporate taxes, that just creates more incentive to increase profits and shareholder paycheques, and less incentive to create jobs.

The wealthy also don't put their money back into the economy as much as people who need to spend that money for day-to-day expenses do. It goes into their personal investments to make them richer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
.

 
FlamingGlobes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #144
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,805
Default

The only thing I hate more than red tape is the environment. And poor people.

 
FlamingGlobes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:19 PM   #145
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
bullshit fox news talking point. ask any real economist how much of an influence a president's policies have on the economy in the span of a year (hint: it's basically no correlation). The Wall Street economy is good because of Barack Obama. The real economy has been spiraling downward for decades and Trump's policies are only furthering the divide between rich and poor
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
jobs were already increasing and are now increasing at a slower rate than before
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post

 
FlamingGlobes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:21 PM   #146
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
stock markets always boom after tax cuts

it means nothing unless you're someone who lives off of capitol

without progressive wealth redistribution none of that money is "trickling down" to workers and the massive costs will down the line be taken out of programs that benefit the middle class
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post

 
FlamingGlobes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #147
Disco King
Minion of Satan
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 5,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
it means nothing unless you're someone who lives off of capitol
Even though this is a grammatical error, it's still kinda true.

Those on Capitol Hill benefit from tax cuts, because their corporate and wealthy donors reward them handsomely for them.

(But still, you mean "capital," though.)

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #148
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,120
Default

Yeah I've done that before and you corrected me I don't know what's wrong with me

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:13 PM   #149
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 12,877
Default

i guess my insurance is safe now. for a couple weeks, at least.

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #150
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster
 
MplsTaper's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,057
Default

Doesn't sound like Don and Melania did much celebrating for their 13th wedding anniversary after the news of Don and Stormy's missionary adventures hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP
POTUS did pick up his Twitter mic, but only to poke Democrats on Capitol Hill on a deal to reopen the government after a brief shutdown, and then to gloat about the pact that was struck. “Big win for Republicans as Democrats cave on Shutdown,” he wrote late Monday.

 
MplsTaper is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Star Wars Episode 7 MyOneAndOnly General Chat Message Board 1073 10-07-2016 11:54 AM
a good new message board meme that could be implemented here dean_r_koontz General Chat Archive 25 11-13-2009 04:09 AM
this <sp3 person is annoying bardy General Chat Archive 52 01-15-2008 02:28 AM
why is sex so important to you guys all the time bardy General Chat Archive 48 12-23-2007 08:33 AM
50,000. Nimrod's Son General Chat Archive 37 05-24-2007 05:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014