Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2018, 10:48 AM   #61
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

but he writes for the guardian!! and quietus.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #62
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilem View Post
what. this isnt your dick, its an album. who cares how long it is as long as theres substance. wouldn't you rather have good 30 minutes than mediocre 80?
LOL at the notion that this album will have substance.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #63
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

As a member of the twitching ADD generation, a 32 minute run time speaks to me. Knowing how prolific BC is, I'd say eight songs definitely represents some editorial discretion. But would it have killed him to bang out "As Rome Burns" real quick while he was in the studio?

Old 10-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #64
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
what. this isnt your dick, its an album. who cares how long it is as long as theres substance. wouldn't you rather have good 30 minutes than mediocre 80?
exactly.

or to be more on topic: I'd rather have a bad 32 minute album than a bad 80 minute album.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #65
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Shorter albums are just the thing now because the kids all have the ADD

Old 10-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #66
spidrr
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Shorter albums are just the thing now because the kids all have the ADD
and love the vocals loud as fuck.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:12 AM   #67
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
Btw: Leak it or it never happened.
I like my career, thanks.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:41 AM   #68
dustrocck
Demi-God

I think we also have to give credit for comparing a song to the Puff Daddy remix of Ava Adore.

And then contemplate that the Diddy mix is the closest thing he could think of for Knights of Malta.

I'm now pretty curious.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:46 AM   #69
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidrr View Post
and love the vocals loud as fuck.
It's because of the shitty laptop speakers you see

Old 10-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #70
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

For real though James ebowing on 2 songs kinda makes me moist.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:51 AM   #71
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

why is everyone so worked up over an EP that is bound to disappoint? this is b'arcy we are talking about. holding on to this dream that these 8 songs are going to restore your faith in him, or even in his music, is unhealthy. it's going to be kind of blah at best. let go and move on, you'll be thankful.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:52 AM   #72
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrocck View Post
I think we also have to give credit for comparing a song to the Puff Daddy remix of Ava Adore.

And then contemplate that the Diddy mix is the closest thing he could think of for Knights of Malta.

I'm now pretty curious.
It's honestly the only thing I can think of that sounds close to it. And it's not really that close - it's way more 70s. But there's a similarity in the strings and the feel. I actually really love that version btw.

Some people are going to really hate it.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:02 PM   #73
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
but he writes for the guardian!! and quietus.
Why are you like this?

Old 10-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #74
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Star View Post
Why are you like this?
He's just trolling you. Sometimes he's good at it and sometimes it's funny but in this thread he's kinda starting to come off as a dick.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #75
dustrocck
Demi-God

Quote:
It's honestly the only thing I can think of that sounds close to it. And it's not really that close - it's way more 70s. But there's a similarity in the strings and the feel. I actually really love that version btw.

Some people are going to really hate it.
I'd much rather Billy take risks like this than trying to write a bad version of Transformer with Solara.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #76
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Drat about the vocals.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #77
Razor Star
Pledge

I've listened to this album about five times now and I still can't spot something I can say for sure is a James Iha backing vocal.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #78
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I've listened to this album about five times now and I still can't spot something I can say for sure is a James Iha backing vocal.
Question for you... I don't hate Solara but I don't think it's very good or interesting. And Silvery Sometimes is a big ball of meh. Are those two tracks representative of the rest of the album? Like, if you don't like them, do you think there is a chance you still might like the other songs?

Old 10-10-2018, 01:40 PM   #79
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
Question for you... I don't hate Solara but I don't think it's very good or interesting. And Silvery Sometimes is a big ball of meh. Are those two tracks representative of the rest of the album? Like, if you don't like them, do you think there is a chance you still might like the other songs?
I think so... Silvery is more representative than Solara, but I don't think either of them are stand out tracks - Marchin' On is a better heavy track than Solara, Travels is better lush pop than Silvery and Knights of Malta is better and weirder than either.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #80
FoolofaTook

sorry razor. i'll stop. i'm a little off.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:43 PM   #81
FoolofaTook

you don't by any chance happen to have the new mono album?

Old 10-10-2018, 02:14 PM   #82
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Actually my friend who did the art has a friend who works for the Daily Mail and he got an early review copy and wanted to me to pass on his thoughts.

Knights of Malta - A return to the top of their game, could have been on Oceania. The song starts with a seventies Todd Rundgren esque hook that merges seemlessly into Corgan’s signature industrial-goth-with-gay-synth sound that dominated the charts 2005-2015.

Silvery Sometimes - Everyone knows this one. Like 1979 but written by an old dude banging the daughter of the bass player from his old band.

Travels - Let It Come Down meets Because You Are

Solara - Touching ballad and where the title Shiny & Oh So Bright originates. “That’s o’lorra lorra lights, so shiny you’re so bright.” Jimmy’s drums echo the fluidity of Tommy Lees work on MTAE.

Alienation - What if Jesus & The Mary Chain wrote a Blink 182 song and played it through an ass?

Marchin’ On - What would Drum’n’Fife sound like after you ingested all the cleaning products in your home?

With Sympathy - A return to form. Wasn’t expecting this. Their best song since Knights of Malta. Linda, sorry, James sounds great on backing vocals, but thankfully Bill, sorry Rubin, put his lead vocal way up top. Some really beautiful flourishes. Like Annie Lennox on her deathbed fucking a hand dryer.

Seek and You Shall Destroy - What if Cheap Trick wrote a Green Day song and played it through Marilyn Manson’s ass?

**** out of 5.

Absolutely not a 3-star album. Corgan has once again proved he is a 5-star man. SP ARE BACK.

Last edited by VoxUpDoc : 10-10-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #83
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

You know I'm usually on your side Took but my Father always told me sticking up for the underdog is good for my black heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
you don't by any chance happen to have the new mono album?
Excellent question.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #84
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't get the comparisons with 1979 for Silvery Sometimes. For starters, 1979 is good.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:22 PM   #85
Kahlo

Quote:
What I got from this is that you have a very short dick, have some issues around that, but are confident in your performance. Surveys have been sent out to your former lovers.

Dick jokes aside, I quite enjoyed the wiki entry on albums:

"While an album may contain as many or as few tracks as required, in the United States, The Recording Academy's rules for Grammy Awards state that an album must comprise a minimum total playing time of 15 minutes with at least five distinct tracks or a minimum total playing time of 30 minutes with no minimum track requirement.

In the United Kingdom, the criteria for the UK Albums Chart is that a recording counts as an "album" if it either has more than four tracks or lasts more than 25 minutes.Sometimes shorter albums are referred to as "mini-albums" or EPs."

Old 10-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #86
Kahlo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Actually my friend who did the art has a friend who works for the Daily Mail
Stopped reading after this point.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #87
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post

Alienation - What if Jesus & The Mary Chain wrote a Blink 182 song and played it through an ass?
So it sounds like a long fart. That's all you needed to say.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #88
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
I don't get the comparisons with 1979 for Silvery Sometimes. For starters, 1979 is good.
There are some similarities in the pace and rhythm. If you squint a bit.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #89
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
What I got from this is that you have a very short dick, have some issues around that, but are confident in your performance. Surveys have been sent out to your former lovers.

Dick jokes aside, I quite enjoyed the wiki entry on albums:

"While an album may contain as many or as few tracks as required, in the United States, The Recording Academy's rules for Grammy Awards state that an album must comprise a minimum total playing time of 15 minutes with at least five distinct tracks or a minimum total playing time of 30 minutes with no minimum track requirement.

In the United Kingdom, the criteria for the UK Albums Chart is that a recording counts as an "album" if it either has more than four tracks or lasts more than 25 minutes.Sometimes shorter albums are referred to as "mini-albums" or EPs."
Which means by either measure, the Zero single/EP/whatever actually counts as an album!

I'm trying to think of an album that is 15 minutes long with at least 5 tracks on it.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:31 PM   #90
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
There are some similarities in the pace and rhythm. If you squint a bit.
There's a short guitar solo bit that sounds like Stand Inside Your Love. Same tone.