Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 09-17-2018, 09:23 PM   #31
TuralyonW3
Immortal

also see James' flippant dismissal of Billy's epic Lollapalooza rant: "um, I don't remember that"

Old 09-17-2018, 09:31 PM   #32
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
ice queen
I don't remember that...

Old 09-17-2018, 09:34 PM   #33
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
I think there was a lot of buildup before those texts she shared though
Me too, we've heard tidbits from both about what was discussed in 2016/2017, but it's still a murky picture regarding why they never met. But when push came to shove, Billy did not say: 'Come here and rehearse so we can see if you can handle it.' He simply said there was no chance of her being the full time bassist.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:38 PM   #34
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

James gets that faraway look whenever Billy starts going on one his long-winded oversharing spiels.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:27 PM   #35
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

James is an employee who was enticed to work again for a company he had left on bad terms. The compensation package was just too good to pass up. No doubt he prepared himself (therapy? Psychiatric medications?) for dealing with his old obnoxious coworkers again.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:31 PM   #36
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
https://www.alternativenation.net/sm...urn-come-back/

I transcribed what Billy said about D'arcy.
i clicked

Thanks for doing that

Yeah, alllllllll that classic horseshit from bill just makes him look more and more petty and wrong about this, continues to lend more credibility to d’arcys version of events

Old 09-17-2018, 10:49 PM   #37
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
James is an employee who was enticed to work again for a company he had left on bad terms. The compensation package was just too good to pass up. No doubt he prepared himself (therapy? Psychiatric medications?) for dealing with his old obnoxious coworkers again.
This sums it up, kids. Well said!

Old 09-17-2018, 11:20 PM   #38
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Zane Lowe pitched him softball questions. If I was asking the questions I would have definitely brought up the extremely negative comments he made about James ("worst person I've ever met, piece of shit") and Jimmy ("go ride around in a fuckin white van") and asked him to clarify.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:55 PM   #39
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Zane Lowe pitched him softball questions. If I was asking the questions I would have definitely brought up the extremely negative comments he made about James ("worst person I've ever met, piece of shit") and Jimmy ("go ride around in a fuckin white van") and asked him to clarify.
If I interviewed Billy right now, it would be something special (that's why they would never book it). I wouldn't even be attacking him, I'm a fan, and I actually think his current situation with D'arcy is bad for him both professionally and personally. If I didn't give a shit about his career or the band I'd kiss his ass and tell him the D'arcy bridge being burned is fine.

I'd definitely bring those insults up as examples for why him acting like D'arcy did this unforgivable thing where 'the bridge is burned forever' is laughable. And I'm not saying some of the insults D'arcy threw out were the right thing to do, it got really rough, but Billy threw out equally nasty insults to his then former bandmates. They were just spread out over several years rather than compacted into two or three months like D'arcy.

Last edited by WeilandFan : 09-18-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:06 AM   #40
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

It'd be interesting to see what D'arcys response is to the comments he made in this interview.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:17 AM   #41
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
and he's been talking up the archives for yeeaaaaars now, it's not new info. just ask frank "rat bastard" quinto.
Exactly.

I'll believe it when I hear it.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:46 AM   #42
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
It'd be interesting to see what D'arcys response is to the comments he made in this interview.
her response is silence. speaks volumes, unlike the douche continuing to sling arrows

Old 09-18-2018, 12:56 AM   #43
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

D'arcy hasn't said anything about the band since April, I think she's over it.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:50 AM   #44
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

According to Billy she must have stopped ranting about him to kiss his ass for forgiveness.
Her boyfriend thought everything was fine between her and Billy before the feud, couldn't even understand his attitudes from the text messages.

Had to laugh about Billy outing himself as a helpless father figure. 'Cause D'arcy told before, he wouldn't be able to be a good father.
At least he noticed his child to be super intelligent. What every parent learns about the own child, if being in a strong relationship to it.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:04 AM   #45
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

What I got from that interview was that he wants to release a "grand work" that'll also feature the songs he's releasing in November. So he'll release them again, but on another album.

Just make 12 songs and record and release them. Then do 12 - 16 more if you want.

If I were interviewing him, and Butt if you get a chance tell him this, "please mix it the way you want it to sound".

As for D'Arcy, I get the gist of his position. Saying that I wouldn't be surprised if she did something in the future with them. "Bridge burned forever" = "worst human being". So things can change in the future.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:05 AM   #46
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

why are you guys still watching bUlly "wild bill" corgan interviews?

Old 09-18-2018, 05:15 AM   #47
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Darcy attempting to reach out after the fact goes along with what I’d heard.. that she felt taken advantage of by Brett buttcannon, while she was feeling upset and vulnerable, and that she was regretting her role in that big fall out, and had wished she never lashed out on the net, got found out and then ultimately interviewed. And this rumor or whatever you wanna call it is coming from someone that is close to her.

The whole thing could have been handled better.. by billy, by her, by the fans. Billy was not being unreasonable in asking her to do a few songs. He had james do that in 2016. It could have been great. But now we just got fuckin bates.

Hope you made some good dough off of this, Brett.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:58 AM   #48
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

D'arcy was upset that Billy had called her a liar upon how she said she got treated at the reunion talk.
That's why she came out with the text messages.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:26 AM   #49
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
Darcy attempting to reach out after the fact goes along with what I’d heard.. that she felt taken advantage of by Brett buttcannon
Didn't realize he had sex with her while she was drunk.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:28 AM   #50
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Talking

Brett posted a new comment from D'arcy about Corgan’s claim:

I don’t want to be in his fucking clown car.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:52 AM   #51
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

"Hero Vibes"

Zane Lowe behaving not like a casual fan:

Old 09-18-2018, 07:19 AM   #52
lightdark
Pledge

Quote:
If I interviewed Billy right now, it would be something special (that's why they would never book it).
LOL. Sure, that's why they would never book it. Nothing to do with the massive part of the whole D'arcy drama that you had, or that you are the literal embodiment of the criticisms that Billy has of the media. It's that he finds your groundbreaking investigative journalism intimidating.

Anyone else want some of what Buttcannon is smoking?

Old 09-18-2018, 07:27 AM   #53
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy needs to open a Netphoria account and come spar with the real fans.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:56 AM   #54
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

"Those aren't fans"

Old 09-18-2018, 08:01 AM   #55
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtSampson View Post
I love James but I've really gotten the vibe that he doesn't give a hot fuck about this tour or being back with the band.
True- i am curious how long james will be a part of the game.
Got the impression that he doesnt care much.
I give them another year and then there will be another breakup.

Let james or jimmy talk more- they are funny. Always billy bolly bully talking sux

Old 09-18-2018, 08:28 AM   #56
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Is Billy losing weight or is he just entering the next stage of aging? His face looks like it is beginning to sag.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:29 AM   #57
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Break up writing is on the wall. Bill wants to record another slog of an album, other band members just to casually release things when it befits them. Bill is already talking like he respects their positions while also implying that they are wrong to hold them.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:42 AM   #58
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

James never talked much though. Jimmy either, but for different reasons.

I'd say James will go along with it as long as he can keep Billy in check - I think now Billy recognises the value of James and will do what he can to keep him on side.

Funny that when doing the introductions Zane said "Billy Corgan" to which he replied "the myth" or something like that. Like he thinks his name is mythical in any sense! He's not John Lennon or even Kurt Cobain if that's what he thinks. This whole Billy Corgan / WPC business, no one cares.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:48 AM   #59
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
why is it incredible exactly? the main thing that was new information to me was bill saying that d'arcy had big time stage fright.

i found it mostly frustrating / annoying because jim and james said hardly anything at all and it was typical bill blathering

not mad at it, just wouldn't use the word incredible to describe it..
So basically, the last Stern interview then, sans all the talk about Asian fusion restaurants.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:50 AM   #60
SPfan79
Pledge

Quote:
D'arcy hasn't said anything about the band since April, I think she's over it.

Where did that quote come from on your site? About her not wanting to be in his clown car?