also, can somebody make a pube joke for me? i'm kinda busy atm, tks

Old 06-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #7653
myosis
Minion of Satan

ok so one pube walks into a pub, goes at the bar and says 'What a lousy place!'

Old 06-07-2018, 08:47 AM   #7654
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

My 12 year old lost his iPhone 8. Left it on the ground in the carpark of our condo, and now it’s gone. It might have been picked up by two different people, because the where’s my iPhone thing showed that it was an a tuition centre a few suburbs away last night. My husband went out to see if he could find it and came across a girl who he thinks looked at him like she had an idea of why he was there. Then it was spotted back at our condo, but we couldn’t find it. Today it was spotted at a landed house outside our condo. So I kinda wonder if the girl my husband saw, freaked out and brought the phone back, left it in a place where we didn’t come across it, and then some new person today picked it up and took it.

I know that my 12 year old should not have had an iPhone 8, my husband’s company has a deal with a telco here in SG so we could get a new handset and monthly plan very cheaply and it was my son’s main/only Christmas gift. And my son shouldn’t have been so careless.

But honestly, everyone around here is at least as rich as we are. Most people are a lot richer. And some asshole kid has still decided to keep this phone for themselves. Like, fuck that. If you find something and it’s not yours, you hand it in to the police station, don’t you?

I always do.

Anyway, just needed to vent. . I will probably feel better if you all tell me that we deserved for this to happen and it’s our own fault and of course people are doing something good and correct when they find a phone that someone has left behind and claim it as their own. Maybe I’m just out of touch. But I always hand things in. .

Old 06-07-2018, 09:05 AM   #7655
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Default :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
ok so one pube walks into a pub, goes at the bar and says 'god god, i haven't seen such a shithole since i emerged!'
fixed

Old 06-07-2018, 09:17 AM   #7656
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
My 12 year old lost his iPhone 8. Left it on the ground in the carpark of our condo, and now it’s gone. It might have been picked up by two different people, because the where’s my iPhone thing showed that it was an a tuition centre a few suburbs away last night. My husband went out to see if he could find it and came across a girl who he thinks looked at him like she had an idea of why he was there. Then it was spotted back at our condo, but we couldn’t find it. Today it was spotted at a landed house outside our condo. So I kinda wonder if the girl my husband saw, freaked out and brought the phone back, left it in a place where we didn’t come across it, and then some new person today picked it up and took it.

I know that my 12 year old should not have had an iPhone 8, my husband’s company has a deal with a telco here in SG so we could get a new handset and monthly plan very cheaply and it was my son’s main/only Christmas gift. And my son shouldn’t have been so careless.

But honestly, everyone around here is at least as rich as we are. Most people are a lot richer. And some asshole kid has still decided to keep this phone for themselves. Like, fuck that. If you find something and it’s not yours, you hand it in to the police station, don’t you?

I always do.

Anyway, just needed to vent. . I will probably feel better if you all tell me that we deserved for this to happen and it’s our own fault and of course people are doing something good and correct when they find a phone that someone has left behind and claim it as their own. Maybe I’m just out of touch. But I always hand things in. .
you already addressed this i know, but it is my personal opinion that a 12 year old has no business whatsoever owning a cutting-edge 800$ cellular communication device.

but seeing as this has already happened, the stolen walmart milk has already been spilled, and it's not that devastating of a loss for you guys - just cut your losses and move on, internally. but as for your child, this may be a good opportunity to teach him the importance of looking after your valuables, and shape his sense of responsibility. to most other people that iphone would have cost blood, sweat & tears. he needs to know that.

you may or may not use the phrase 'you lying little shit fuck you'.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #7657
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly about 12 year olds and iPhones. I told my husband to get the cheapest option and he overruled me and paid $200 out of pocket for the iPhone 8, which no 12 year old needs.

It was completely locked down, no internet access except to whitelisted sites. Basically wikipedia.

Now that it's lost, to replace it with another iPhone 8 will cost the total price of $800 and there's no way we're doing that.

It did actually cost my 12 year old some tears this morning as I directed some bitchslap barrage wording in his direction until he cried actual tears and obviously felt like shit and my rage was somewhat quelled.

But my rage for the piece of shit who picked up the phone, saw the "I've lost this iPhone: please contact XXXXXX" message come up, again and again, and chose to just go "Nah, I don't have to give this back. Finders keepers." - I just can't do anything with that rage.

Fucking social contract breaking savages. It's people like this that force us to spend taxpayer dollars on courts of law and jails. If people just followed the fucking rules and acted like decent people, we could just fucking get along. If you find something that isn't yours, and you see that it has contact details allowing you to return it to the owner...and you just keep it for yourself anyway...you are beshittening human society.

Stupid fucking pieces of thieving pieces of human garbage.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #7658
vixnix
Socialphobic

I may or may not have once been a shoplifting piece of human garbage as a teenager myself, come to think of it. I'm just angry. Please forgive me.

This isn't some ordinary teen stealing stuff for kicks, or some working class kid. It's a rich kid who just feels entitled to everything because it's basically the culture here to just push others out of the way and take as much as you can for yourself; if you don't do that, you're weak. If you find someone else's iPhone 8 that isn't an opportunity to do something good and give it back, it's something you can add to your collection or sell to a rich friend.

I am honestly so over Singapore. Too many fucking people and so many of them are so fucking pushy and rude. Probably a 50/50 split between unashamed ill-mannered assholes and decent people. Expats, locals, it's all the same, there's just this horrible culture here that has absolutely no moral compass and avoids talking about politics because it's boring and impolite and much more fashionable and interesting to talk about where to shop during European getaways and which resorts in South East Asia serve the best alcohol because we all know that it can't be a good holiday without everyone getting drunk every night and forgetting that they're just shells of human beings with no heart or substance.

I think it's beginning to get to me.

The class parent for my son's class at the international school is a really rude piece of work, and I so often want to say, in the WHatsApp group "Oh btw your son told my son that he hates you and your husband and that your helper does everything and he wish he never had to go home because he hates it. Just btw. Might want to look into that." She's so rude and condescending to everyone...I would love to see the look on her face when it all finally comes back to bite her. But we'll probably be long gone, because if I stay here much longer I will actually go insane. I'm so close already.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #7659
Elphenor
Braindead

I had to sell my phone to eat at the end of one month and now I just don't have a phone

Old 06-07-2018, 05:35 PM   #7660
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

no phone?! oh, life so hard for a rich punk.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #7661
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I had to sell my phone to eat at the end of one month and now I just don't have a phone
Really? And where were you on the night of June 6th??

Old 06-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #7662
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

b0lly's got the right take, as per usual. It truly sucks that someone would do that (but really, who's surprised here?), but he shouldn't be carrying a piece of hardware like that and now is a good opportunity for him to learn a tough lesson. That phone's not coming back, and he has no one to blame but himself.

I know it's hard to see through the rage, but this will ultimately be a good thing for him in the long haul.

"It's a stone cold world" - fuzzyroes

Old 06-07-2018, 06:36 PM   #7663
yo soy el mejor

i think parent's are the one who need to learn the tough lesson of not giving a kid that kinda phone. a kid could have lost anything! adults lose phones, too, and it serves them right when it costs $800. sure, he needs to learn to take care of his things. but the cost should not factor into how much trouble he gets. he's not the adult who dropped that kinda dough on a phone for a child.

give a child a $20 phone and i doubt it'd be such a big deal. an inconvenience, at worst.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 06-07-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:43 PM   #7664
Elphenor
Braindead

I was gonna say something like that

kids gonna kid

Old 06-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #7665
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

is David bowie dead yet

Old 06-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #7666
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

my money's on Keith jagger

Old 06-07-2018, 07:29 PM   #7667
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i think parent's are the one who need to learn the tough lesson of not giving a kid that kinda phone. a kid could have lost anything! adults lose phones, too, and it serves them right when it costs $800. sure, he needs to learn to take care of his things. but the cost should not factor into how much trouble he gets. he's not the adult who dropped that kinda dough on a phone for a child.

give a child a $20 phone and i doubt it'd be such a big deal. an inconvenience, at worst.
I think you missed key points of the story, such as the part where they didn't pay full price for it and the wider arc of money not being an issue for them. Aside from vix's righteous rage, no one suffers for the child's mistake more than he does. It's a good learning experience, especially for a kid who will probably grow up to have more opportunities ​and privileges​ than the average person.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:59 PM   #7668
vixnix
Socialphobic

I do completely agree about him not needing the phone. He has another expensive possession, which cost our family nearly five times as much as the phone, which is his trombone. It’s a delicate instrument and easily damaged, and he has taken very good care of it for the last three years, and never left it behind anywhere. He’s usually a good kid.

I made him cry because he is going through that godawful early adolescence where the world revolves around him and he is disdainful basically 100 % of the time and really judgmental about everything. When I informed him that it really was gone, he said “It’s OK, I don’t need another one, I can just get a dumb phone.” And I said “Really? You can just get a dumb phone? With what will you pay for that? Do you have any money?” And he said, between mouthfuls of cereal, like a typical nearly 13 year old boy, full of apathy and ambivalence “Oh yeah, good point.”

Don’t “good point” me, motherfucker.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:05 PM   #7669
Shallowed
Braindead

At least he knows he doesn't need a smart phone. That's pretty refreshing.

Also, "dumb" phones are like, twenty bucks? Does he get pocket money for doing chores and stuff?

Old 06-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #7670
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Don’t “good point” me, motherfucker.
lol

Old 06-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #7671
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
"It's a stone cold world" - fuzzyroes
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/15/36...bbc53759d7.gif

Old 06-07-2018, 10:24 PM   #7673
fuzzyroes
Banned

Now that's my kind of wrassler

Old 06-07-2018, 10:40 PM   #7674
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Looks like a cumshot to me.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:50 AM   #7675
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

that "BEEN THERE - DESTROYED THAT" tshirt makes that gif so much better

Old 06-10-2018, 07:15 AM   #7676
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
At least he knows he doesn't need a smart phone. That's pretty refreshing.

Also, "dumb" phones are like, twenty bucks? Does he get pocket money for doing chores and stuff?
It’s been a long time since I looked for a dump phone so I don’t know, actually....possibly. He doesn’t get paid to do chores. I don’t, so neither does he. The only person who gets paid to clean is our cleaner. The only chores left when she’s done fall into the “cleaning up after yourself” category, and I don’t pay anyone to do that.

I might get him to sort through our homeschooling crap and list a bunch of it for sale and pay him a small amount for that. He also gets paid $3.50/hour to entertain the smaller children of a family we meet with regularly for dinner, so that the parents can have a break while we’re hanging out. So he might be able to earn some money doing that, over the summer break here.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:58 AM   #7677
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
He also gets paid $3.50/hour to entertain the smaller children of a family we meet with regularly for dinner, so that the parents can have a break while we’re hanging out. So he might be able to earn some money doing that, over the summer break here.
How long are these hangout sessions?

Kid time is valuable, too. I hope he realizes those jerks are taking advantage of him for $3.50 an hour. Either he only works, say, 45 minutes and gets ~$2.63 or y'all choose to keep drinking for 4 whole hours while he has to be responsible for and entertain little kids and he gets a lousy $14 for the lost time. SAD.

He should quit or negotiate a better salary.

How much money can he be expected to earn over a summer break? He has to work 6 hours just to make ~20 bucks; he def should not be given a 200 dollar phone 800 dollar phone.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #7678
yo soy el mejor

Does he have to dance wearing a top hat? Do magic tricks?

Old 06-10-2018, 11:39 AM   #7679
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

you get smartphones for 70-80 bucks, too, that's about the max I would put into the hands of a 12 year old.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #7680
ilikeplanets
Braindead

so not ready for a teenage girl. at least i have about 12 years....