bill is just intolerable

"siamese dream pissed off all the gish fans"

what kind of reality does he live in

Old 09-18-2018, 11:28 AM   #62
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Also if D'arcy reached out sometime after the feud, why not at least have a conversation with her?
Maybe because someone published their personal correspondence?

Old 09-18-2018, 11:30 AM   #63
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLATTER View Post
bill is just intolerable

"siamese dream pissed off all the gish fans"

what kind of reality does he live in
Well I do remember at the time in the music magazines there was a feeling that Siamese Dream was a big "sell out" record, as it was going for a wider audience and certainly didn't sound like an indie record.

Some even speculated that SP were always a major label band, and Gish was released on an indie imprint to get indie "kudos".

Old 09-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #64
SPLATTER
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
Well I do remember at the time in the music magazines there was a feeling that Siamese Dream was a big "sell out" record, as it was going for a wider audience and certainly didn't sound like an indie record.

Some even speculated that SP were always a major label band, and Gish was released on an indie imprint to get indie "kudos".
yea, sure, they lost some indie cred... but it's not even close to say that all the gish fans were pissed about siamese. when in fact 90% of gish fans were in love with siamese, which also was loved by a huge mass of new fans.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #65
DaveKShape
Ownz

It's hilarious how much Billy has changed from the "I'm only interested in doing the band again if it's for the right reasons" in 2016 to whatever he is now. Dudes like Zane Lowe don't help, either.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #66
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe Billy thinks that the Gish fans who told him they were pissed off represented ALL the Gish fans.

I do remember thinking it was a very different album on first listen, more slow songs. By the second listen I was convinced it was an incredible album to religious experience-levels.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:57 AM   #67
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKShape View Post
It's hilarious how much Billy has changed from the "I'm only interested in doing the band again if it's for the right reasons" in 2016 to whatever he is now. Dudes like Zane Lowe don't help, either.
Zane Lowe has always been like that. He's like Jimmy Fallon, "I love everything you've ever done and everything you ever will do".

Old 09-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #68
SPfan79
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Yes. Brett I know you are not responsible for people asking Billy questions about her but something has to be done here. The back and forth is getting annoying. Pointless drama. Those texts being published was bad news. Should have not been done. Why is there an update to your site about her not wanting to be in a clown car with Billy? Did you speak with her again? Ridiculous, not being you but just when the new song hits and the tour over. Seems like the dust would settle and things could have calmed down.

Man the SP news picked up in 2018 and appears there is no stopping toward 2019

Just no more drama, just music, good music

Last edited by SPfan79 : 09-18-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #69
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPfan79 View Post
Yes. Brett I know you are not responsible for people asking Billy questions about her but something has to be done here. The back and forth is getting annoying. Pointless drama. Those texts being published was bad news. Should have not been done. Why is there an update to your site about her not wanting to be in a clown car with Billy? Did you speak with her again? Ridiculous.
D'arcy reached out to me after the Zane Lowe interview comments by Billy last night where he claimed she tried to get back in the band again. She was not pleased at all with what he said.

D'arcy did not say one word in public about Billy (or anyone for that matter) for over 4 months until responding to what he said today.

I think criticizing the text release is valid, but I don't think painting Billy as a victim is a good argument at all based on the insults he hurled at her and James over the years. I don't like Billy and D'arcy's current situation either, it is what it is unfortunately unless they could somehow find a way to bury the hatchet.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:17 PM   #70
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
also see James' flippant dismissal of Billy's epic Lollapalooza rant: "um, I don't remember that"

"Now, my story begins during Lollapalooza, Nineteen Dickety-Two. We had to say 'dickety,' because MTV had stolen our number 'ninety.' I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time, and stepped out on stage, about to embark on a one-hour-and-dickety-minute set. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones…"

Old 09-18-2018, 12:22 PM   #71
SPfan79
Pledge

Quote:
D'arcy reached out to me after the Zane Lowe interview comments by Billy last night where he claimed she tried to get back in the band again. She was not pleased at all with what he said.

D'arcy did not say one word in public about Billy (or anyone for that matter) for over 4 months until responding to what he said today.

I think criticizing the text release is valid, but I don't think painting Billy as a victim is a good argument at all based on the insults he hurled at her and James over the years. I don't like Billy and D'arcy's current situation either, it is what it is unfortunately unless they could somehow find a way to bury the hatchet.
You're the guy to fix it. Probably the only one that could since you are the only person in the world to even talk to her. Would be a great story man. Not your fault but had to ask because I saw the headlines.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:27 PM   #72
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPfan79 View Post
You're the guy to fix it. Probably the only one that could since you are the only person in the world to even talk to her. Would be a great story man. Not your fault but had to ask because I saw the headlines.
Like I said in PM, Billy and James (Billy especially) hold all the cards. They stopped talking to her. As pissed off as D'arcy is, she's the type of person who will talk to anyone.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #73
SPfan79
Pledge

Quote:
Like I said in PM, Billy and James (Billy especially) hold all the cards. They stopped talking to her. As pissed off as D'arcy is, she's the type of person who will talk to anyone.
Its too bad. for your efforts

Thanks for the reply!

Old 09-18-2018, 12:33 PM   #74
Insight_Scoop
Demi-God

Jimmy had some insightful stuff to say and was unfortunately cut off.

It’s interesting how during the zeitgeist era he was just as vocal in interviews. This time around, it seems he knows it’s a battle not worth waging. Seems consistent with what someone posted here months ago about his approach to the band now.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #75
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

For those wondering what we're talking about, D'arcy told me this last night about the interview:

"I don’t want to be in his fucking clown car."

Old 09-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #76
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Quote:
For those wondering what we're talking about, D'arcy told me this last night about the interview:

"I don’t want to be in his fucking clown car."
http://www.nerdsattack.it/wp-content...6/04/darcy.jpg
https://3m84r11gpx1j11puas2g5wfl-wpe...aryclowns2.jpg

Old 09-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #77
DaveKShape
Ownz

Also lol at Billy's comment that people stop him in the airport and say that they refuse to listen to anything the band has done after Lollapalooza '94. That shit sounds so made up. It's either untrue or warped way beyond the original conversation. Also, he's spent years saying "fuck you" to anyone who only yearns for a certain period of the band or whatever. It doesn't even make any sense.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:42 PM   #78
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

it probably happened once

Old 09-18-2018, 01:47 PM   #79
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Billy: I was a rebel and a trailblazer. I pissed people off. I just didn't care man.

Zane: Did you care James?

James: Uh..I don't remember that

Jimmy: Cause it didn't happen.

Billy: You're both fired. Jeff! Get these guys outta here! Jeff!?

Old 09-18-2018, 01:53 PM   #80
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFritz View Post
Is Billy losing weight or is he just entering the next stage of aging? His face looks like it is beginning to sag.
Billy Jowlgan

Old 09-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #81
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

It looked like James was going to say something at the end which was edited out. He moved in to the mic.

Combination of Billy not being able to stop talking plus James being quiet all the time made this tedious, but kinda interesting. Kill me with content.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:13 PM   #82
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Billy has to dominate every conversation. His egomania is just a bit more subtle these days.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #83
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Quote:
Maybe it wasn't more awful from Billy to give his buddy Mancow Muller a humiliating photo of D'arcy for a battered rockstar contest? Not even knowing about the circumstances of her injuries?
And Billy telling intimate stories about D'arcy and Kerry Brown in his Live Journal was not violating any rules of privacy?

Old 09-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #84
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Billy has to dominate every conversation. His egomania is just a bit more subtle these days.
His egomania showed up on the big screens at the shiny and bright tour, in a funny sculpture and at wearing more costumes than the rest of the band together.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:41 PM   #85
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

True true

Old 09-18-2018, 04:28 PM   #86
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Maybe it wasn't more awful from Billy to give his buddy Mancow Muller a humiliating photo of D'arcy for a battered rockstar contest? Not even knowing about the circumstances of her injuries?
Prove any of this.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #87
SPLATTER
Demi-God

if the OP hadn't said 'incredible' i would not have listened.

but i did listen. and it was depressing.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #88
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Quote:
Prove any of this.
Oh, Billy was so clever NOT to tell he gave it to him.
And just to stumble a few days later in his show, NOT talking about the contest and what he thought about it.
But telling with a winy voice, he didn't want to talk about the situation with D'arcy.

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 09-18-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:47 PM   #89
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Talking

Is this the end version of Billy's clown makeup?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnEdMvdWsAERiC4.jpg

Old 09-18-2018, 05:51 PM   #90
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Prove any of this.
It was pretty much proven by the troll Instagram account the picture first appeared on that had hardly any followers two of which were WPC and Airplane Mode.