Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-26-2014, 02:27 AM   #121
Ram27
dumb

I was just listening to this one Nirvana show from 1993, apparently Kurt overdosed before the show and all this nonsense

What bothers me about Nirvana is that since Kurt died, everyone acts like he was so deep and a tortured soul and all this

At least with Billy, he's alive and we can say, what a stupid jackass. The I Am One rants were stupid. Zeitgiest sucked.

If Kurt Cobain put out ZG everyone would go on about "oh what a witty sardonic joke!"

Unplugged was awesome though

Old 11-26-2014, 07:10 AM   #122
dodoz
Demi-God

It's weird to imagine that Cobain would probably be putting out some lame music now, bitching about Foo Fighters in interviews (I wouldn't blame him).

Old 11-26-2014, 07:32 AM   #123
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodoz View Post
It's weird to imagine that Cobain would probably be putting out some lame music now, bitching about Foo Fighters in interviews (I wouldn't blame him).

I've wondered about that album which he apparently was interested in recording >>>

Quote:
Kurt Cobain was interested in recording a solo album of blues covers shortly before his death, Wipers guitarist Greg Sage has claimed.

Sage speaks as part of NME's tribute to Kurt Cobain on the 20th anniversary of the Nirvana frontman's death, on newsstands and available digitally now.

"I heard from some people in [Kurt's] camp in his circle that he wanted to come to Arizona and record at my studio, Zenorecords, and do an album of old blues covers," says Sage. "I thought that would be good for him personally, but how do you go from mega-million LP sales to an album of old blues covers from a corporate point of view? Two weeks later he was gone."

Elsewhere in the issue, musicians who recorded Cobain's favourite albums (including members of Pixies, Marine Girls, Gang Of Four, The Vaselines and The Slits) celebrate his legacy. Courtney Love also talks about her plans to stage a Kurt Cobain-themed musical if she can get the right people involved.
Source:
http://www.nme.com/news/nirvana/76574

Old 11-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #124
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
aaaanyway re: pink and blue pills in the mid 90s i think it's been confirmed through other sources that the blue ones were muscle relaxers so i wouldn't be a bit surprised if the pinkish ones were uppers of some sort. it makes sense. i remember in the 90s seeing things like paxil and ritalin and adderol and all of those are pinkish.
It's really hard to say, based on colors, what pills he was taking. It is popular for downer-type pills to be blue, but that doesn't really mean much. Muscle relaxers in general aren't very intoxicating (with an exception for Soma), however, although there may be some '90s ones I'm not familiar with at all. I didn't take any drugs in the 90s besides Prozac.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:04 AM   #125
dodoz
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
I've wondered about that album which he apparently was interested in recording >>>
So many things have been said : Nirvana was splitting up (but was it for good this time ?), Kurt was to work with Michael Stipe (but people make so much out of this : it could have been one song or something that wouldn't have worked out), Kurt was to record a blues album, Kurt was going to do this, Kurt was doing to do that. He was a mess of a man at the end of his life and probably didn't really know, nor really care, towards the end.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #126
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
if you think that's "embarassing" you probably don't get much joy out of pumpkins live '93-'96
not true, but Billy going gim gim gim gim gim gim gim gim gim gim gim gim NUTHIN for 7 minutes is just goofy