Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #61
Eulogy
huh

Can I ask your age?

Old 10-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #62
Tootles
Demi-God

[quote=Eulogy;4102065]I did well in school.

Do you understand that your personal experiences may not be universal?[/QUO

Correct me if I am wrong Eulogy. Are you trying to tell me you had absolutely no one ever discuss with you the importance of doing well in school and getting your education?? My age is irrelevant.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #63
Tootles
Demi-God

Another thought. Most of the people working at minimum wage jobs don't even do THAT job well. Most of the people earning a living wage with nice cars and houses, guess what, they do their jobs well.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #64
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

This seemed relevant.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #65
Eulogy
huh

[quote=Tootles;4102072]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
I did well in school.

Correct me if I am wrong Eulogy. Are you trying to tell me you had absolutely no one ever discuss with you the importance of doing well in school and getting your education?? My age is irrelevant.
No I am not saying that. I'm saying the experiences the two of us apparently had are not universal. Not to mention that not everyone has access to quality education no matter how badly they want it.

Your age is extremely relevant because you seem to lack the ability to see anything from a perspective other than your own. A sure sign of immaturity that you will hopefully outgrow. You can't be older than 19.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #66
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootles View Post
Another thought. Most of the people working at minimum wage jobs don't even do THAT job well. Most of the people earning a living wage with nice cars and houses, guess what, they do their jobs well.
Oh for the love of

Old 10-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #67
hnibos
Braindead

I quit this board. I can't take this hateful idiocy anymore. Bye.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #68
Eulogy
huh

Tootles what do you do for a living

Old 10-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #69
Tootles
Demi-God

What I am saying is hateful?? Or honest. There is no hate, only reality. My age is way more than 19 Eulogy.

The order of things in the world today.

1. Man has idea or thought
2. Man puts idea or thought into action.
3. Man uses his money to put thought into action.
4. Man does permits, builds building, puts everything together starts business
5. Man hires workers.
6. Workers who have had NO money invested, no idea, nothing are given a job.
7. Now comes the fun part. Workers who man hires then complain that they are not getting paid enough.

Eulogy, do you now know at your advancing age that an education is important to doing well financially in life? Have you figured it out now? If you have finally figured it out now, IT IS NOT TOO LATE FOR YOU TO CHANGE, FOR YOU TO GET THE EDUCATION THAT YOU NEED!! Or you can just poo poo the "its too late" part and quit.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #70
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Tootles shrugged.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #71
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootles View Post
What I am saying is hateful?? Or honest. There is no hate, only reality. My age is way more than 19 Eulogy.

The order of things in the world today.

1. Man has idea or thought
2. Man puts idea or thought into action.
3. Man uses his money to put thought into action.
4. Man does permits, builds building, puts everything together starts business
5. Man hires workers.
6. Workers who have had NO money invested, no idea, nothing are given a job.
7. Now comes the fun part. Workers who man hires then complain that they are not getting paid enough.

Eulogy, do you now know at your advancing age that an education is important to doing well financially in life? Have you figured it out now? If you have finally figured it out now, IT IS NOT TOO LATE FOR YOU TO CHANGE, FOR YOU TO GET THE EDUCATION THAT YOU NEED!! Or you can just poo poo the "its too late" part and quit.
Can you actually address anything I said or are you just going to yell at me about my own education? I've had plenty, thanks.

And if you're older than 19 then that's just incredibly depressing and I hate everything.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #72
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

[quote=Tootles;4102072]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
I did well in school.
Not speaking for myself but my gf was asked by her grandparents (who raised her cause her mom was a world travelling drug addict) why she wanted to go to college anyway? Like working class minimum wage should have been enough for her and getting further education just shown she might have thought she was better than them (it wasn't said in those words but implied). So she left home at 17 with no support and tried to make it happen with, unsurprisingly, not so great results (being clever isn't enough). No one discussed the importance of going to college with her (in fact the opposite was debated), she figured it out by herself.

So no actually, not everyone in life got the proper encouragement to do well in school and "get their education". In fact you'll find in a lot of poor communities the point of view of her grandparents is more popular than you'd think.

Last edited by The exploding boy : 10-17-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #73
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Old 10-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #74
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

I love how he says Man

Old 10-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #75
Trotskilicious
Banned

Questioning eulogys academics: also SUPER hilarious

Old 10-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #76
Trotskilicious
Banned

I love these white guys who have this hilarious opinion about working hard and getting good grades. Its perfectly obvious they have no conception of what the inner city or poor neighborhoods are like, especially their schools as well as the fact that more often than not, their parents did nothing to educate them because they were poorly educated too

Its these white men who have no CONCEPTION of their own privlege hoovering up randist platitudes because it buffs their ego. Ive met plenty of ppl who make more than min wage and are stupid and bad at their job. They are invariably white.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #77
Elphenor
Braindead

Yeah Tootles can get fucked

Old 10-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #78
Eulogy
huh

Charlie Weis is being paid millions of dollars by two different institutions

#capitalism

Old 10-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #79
Trotskilicious
Banned

Hahaha charie weiss

Like what about the guys who engineered the sub prime mortgage crisis? They all still make MILLIONS

Old 10-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #80
Mooney
Socialphobic

i can see how raising the minimum wage could lead to inflation, although i've never looked into whether there are any numbers to support this. perhaps not general inflation, but at the very least inflation on plebeian goods. walmart and others have created a sizeable subset of the population (their employees) that simply can't afford to shop anywhere else. if they are forced to pay their employees more, you know they will raise prices to recoup profits. that said, i say raise minimum wage, regardless. you just might get screwed if you are currently making a little more than minimum wage and the labour market doesn't magically scale your wage accordingly within any sort of reasonable time frame.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #81
Elphenor
Braindead

I think you might see a little inflation but Walmart raises too much they'll just get undercut by Target or whatever.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #82
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I think you might see a little inflation but Walmart raises too much they'll just get undercut by Target or whatever.
that's not true.

Walmart is the Nationwide price leader in virtually all mass categories. Target has a pricing policy in most categories to match Walmart, not undercut them. Whenever walmart increases a retail price on something Target matches them and also increases their retail.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #83
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

people who make "minimum" wage and live close to or below the poverty line spend all of their money almost as soon as they get it. Raising the minimum wage from $7 to $10 or even to $15 would only pump that money back into the consumer economy. For the past two decades employers have used stagnant and falling wages as well as productivity gains to reward themselves. When the rich get more money they don't put it immediately back into the economy. They hide it. They hoard it. They spend it on ridiculous shit that doesn't create jobs.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #84
Trotskilicious
Banned

Its such a basic fucking concept youd think ppl would be like oh yea stagnat wages for the poor and middle class is stalking the economy as well as saddlimg students w so much debt that they are doing that instead of buying houses cars and etc

Old 10-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #85
Trotskilicious
Banned

But no middle class douches like pootles are more interested in srlf aggrandization

Old 10-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #86
Trotskilicious
Banned

What political concept makes my dick feel big? Ill go with that one

Old 10-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #87
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
that's not true.

Walmart is the Nationwide price leader in virtually all mass categories. Target has a pricing policy in most categories to match Walmart, not undercut them. Whenever walmart increases a retail price on something Target matches them and also increases their retail.
That's interesting

Gonna have to look that up

Old 10-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #88
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Company A has X money to pay Y workers minimum wage. Increasing minimum wage does not also increase X, it decreases Y. Don't be willfully dense.
"X money" comes from people buying shit, so yes, X does increase. Furthermore the majority of that "X money" pool is appropriated from the worker by the employer. That's the definition of profit. Stiff some workers and reap the benefits.

The "why doesn't every McDonald's worker try harder and become a rich CEO?", is completely moronic and the elites know it, consciously or otherwise.

And if everyone who wanted a job actually had one, the bargaining power of employers would plummet and wages would skyrocket, hence the non-accelerating inflation rate of unemployment.

We acknowledge that unemployment and menial labor are necessary aspects of our society and rhetorically belittle those groups, out of ignorance or intentionally for personal gain. It's disingenuous and immoral.

Also this is the corollary of the "X money does not increase" argument, if you can even call it one:
http://www.newmainetimes.org/media/i...80x435_q85.jpg

Last edited by killtrocity : 10-17-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #89
null123
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
That's the definition of profit. Stiff some workers and reap the benefits.
this is an important thing to understand

Old 10-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #90
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

There is no reason that Sam's Club can't afford to pay their workers like Costco does:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...y-in-the-world