Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
The Omega Concern
Banned

Default The Science of Music by Eric Dollard

Old 06-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
The Omega Concern
Banned

I would like to thank the handful of musicians here would find Dollard's idea of the vibrational wave forms adding to each other (a 'Bach Cosmic Cycle') and that effect on the body and consciousness helpful to some degree. I'm sure everyone here has had that type of experience be it playing or attending a show. Overall this interview gives credence to the notion Music is the last vestige of real magic left from the Sumerian age.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
Music is the last vestige of real magic left from the Sumerian age.
its true

Old 06-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
The Omega Concern
Banned

It explains why the churches have ruled over the planet in so many ways over the last couple millenia or so...they understood better than anyone how music works on the body.

I'd like to dive in further on this idea that Back busted open the Pythagorean mode and changed music forever.

I love the part about how the old 15 to 20 thousand piece pipe organs can't be duplicated anymore...too complicated. The makers of these things were true magicians. Knowing the implications if they got the wave forms wrong (wave sickness to destruction of the building itself), they'd just throw a stick on the floor and listen to the sounds kick off the church and base the angle placement of the organs off that. That's about as transcendent a master craftsman can get that I've ever heard of.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #5
slunken
Virgo

Did you ever look into any of that stuff about say for instance a cat purring at a frequency that's helps promote cell growth and restoration? Bonkers stuff.

Old 06-06-2015, 02:01 AM   #6
The Omega Concern
Banned

yeah...the regenerative powers of sound is remarkable. First concert I ever went to was a Rush concert. I was sick with a 103 temperature the morning of the show. Still rallied to drive my friends (no way I was missing the show) and we partied until I passed out in my seat during the opening act.

It as my first concert and the volumes were overwhelming and I hadn't really eaten all day. I hang in the hallways for a while and every time I step inside the Arena I start slipping into passing out again. Made it to my seat in time for Rush of course and the moment their first notes hit all that sickness just left me. By the time the show was over I felt great. My anticipation of the show combined with the volumes rejuvenated me. The waves worked instantly.