1. dredg box set/scrap book release
2. dredg yard sale
3. dredg records/releases a new record
4. dredg tours all of your favorite cities

Until then, we released some new merchandise - https://dredg.merchnow.com
Leitmotif (1998)

El Cielo (2002)

Catch Without Arms (2005)

The Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion (2009)

Old 12-28-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

I am excited for the new dredg album and tour next year. Anyone else? Very curious about the box set as well. El Cielo is one of my all time favorite albums. Love Leitmotif although the production sounds a bit dated. Catch Without Arms and The Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion are good albums. Some songs from each album above.

*crickets*

Edit: I don't consider the album from 2011 a dredg album. Perhaps an experiment with Dan the Automator. Not into that album at all.

Last edited by MplsTaper : 12-28-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:41 PM   #3
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Fuckles and Mr. Squeezy was a load of bullshit. Everything else is good. I do agree about Leitmotif sounding a little dated, but then again, I'm the guy who still occasionally jams The Apex Theory as well.

I feel pretty confident they can pull off another good or great album. Black Map is pretty bitchin', so at least one of the guys still has their chops.

I'm not too keen on boxsets and merch until they get back on track. They have some goodwill to regenerate first.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:09 PM   #4
TuralyonW3
Immortal

quit trying to make dredg a thing

Old 12-31-2018, 07:43 AM   #5
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

No u

Old 12-31-2018, 07:44 AM   #6
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Talking

Old 12-31-2018, 07:44 AM   #7
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

In all fairness, if Incubus can continue to be a thing, why not dredg?

Old 12-31-2018, 10:51 AM   #8
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

I agree the 2011 album was a load of bullshit. Listened to a few songs and that was it.

Oh TuralyonW3, the almighty tastemaker we bow before thee.

Old 01-01-2019, 03:05 AM   #9
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i don’t skip to the next song when bug eyes comes on ��

any other songs you’d recommend based on my like for that one

Old 01-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #10
LoveIsSuicide42
Demi-God

I got super into this band for one semester when I was in school. I have all these memories of walking around the quad and listing to Catch Without Arms and just feeling insanely happy. For me, dredg speaks to simpler times. I'd probably shell out the cash to see them if they came within a reasonable distance, but I don't have much hope for a new album. Their last release was a travesty.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:54 AM   #11
LoveIsSuicide42
Demi-God

Also, if you like Bug Eyes, check out the title track from Catch Without Arms, as well as Not That Simple. Really, that whole album kinda falls into that same style as Bug Eyes, but those two come immediately to mind.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:48 PM   #12
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

The Canyon Behind Her, Sanzen, Triangle, etc.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:02 PM   #13
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Edit: continuing discussion from the albums you listened to today thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post

I mean, c'mon. It's dredg. Always gonna have a special place in my heart for those first two albums especially.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Word is dredg are/were working on a new album.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I heard that as well. I am ready for it. Barring Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy (god, I hate just typing that out) I have enjoyed everything they've put out immensely. Any thoughts on Black Map? I really liked the first album. Second didn't quite click with me, though.
I haven't checked out much Black Map to be honest which is strange since at one point I would've freaked out hearing that Mark from dredg and Chris from Far are in the same band. They came to town February 2018 and I thought about going but it was at a weird venue. Probably should have went any way.

Last edited by MplsTaper : 05-06-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:10 PM   #14
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

I also spared myself from listening to much of Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy and what little I did I blocked out. untr00 fan I guess. Dino had this to say in 2014 but I didn't come across it until last year trying to find info on the pending new album.

Ok, I understand you write firstly for yourself, but how did you perceive all this criticism, which fell on you after your last album?

It just showed how passionate people were about our music. They were very, very let down. It hurt their feelings sincerely to the point they got angry. We understand their disappointment, but after some time that whole hatred, that was going on and on, got a little bit weird. It’s ok to give your opinion, but it’s never good to be so hurtful, in any context of life. You should never try to hurt somebody’s feelings like that. People don’t really understand what happened with the last record. We put ourselves into a different situation, than we ever had, where producer was more of a composer. Dan the Automator is a composer. Usually he works with a rapper or a singer and when he works with bands, it’s kind of the same way as he does with MCs or singers, where he composes the music and has people just to sing on it. He doesn’t want to work with a bunch of people’s opinions, why should he? It’s not that he didn’t listen to us, but we gave him our songs and it’s almost like he remixed them. We gave him tracks, but he did his own thing on them, so the record was a bit of our control.

But you let it happen, right?

Yes, we let it happen, because we needed to try something different. We thought it’d be awesome to try it. To me there are two things to say about this album. First, if those songs were recorded as a live band as Dredg plays, it could have been a record that Dredg fans would have liked. The other thing I took from it is, that Dredg fans want to hear our musicianship. They want to hear Mark play his guitar, me playing my drum kit, Drew play his bass and Gavin sing. They want to hear personalities come through and on that record the personalities weren’t there and that’s what made them angry.

Do you as a band feel that kind of pressure or at least expectations from fans?

I don’t really care, but when I say that, it doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate them. Of course I do, but I can’t let people, who are fans of Dredg guide us. I can’t do that and that’s not what they want us to do, even though they might think so, that’s really not what they want us to do. And again, when I say that, that’s totally no disrespect to our fans. Much love and respect for our fans, always.

http://www.rockoko.pl/en/wywiad-dino-campanella-dredg

Last edited by MplsTaper : 05-06-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:21 PM   #15
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Drew sometime last year:

Quote:
"It's not so easy with us. Basically I have good news: We have written about 20 new songs and have been rehearsing for over a year. We have over 100 hours of unpublished music, all still in demo form, but we have already talked to producers and studios to make it more concrete. " The problem is and remains: life. Private matters that do not allow any discussion, and those are currently chasing a stick into the spokes of a wheel that is currently running smoothly again. "We just can't go on at the moment, we have to be patient," says Roulette. "But the good thing is: we're burning! A new Dredg record, a new tour, all of this will come as soon as possible. The waiting is almost killing us internally. But isn't that also nice? We exactly know again, what we want. It willi be a rock record, surely with a few synths, but essentially what we love about this band - what Dredg stands for. "

Translated from the actual interview with Drew Roulette in the German "visions magazine".
Mark when asked if they had started work on new material in May 2018:

Quote:
“A little bit. I would say more precisely we’ve been in communication a lot. And we’ve been re-organizing and cleaning up and getting our rehearsal and studio space back together so that eventually we’ll dig in hard. The guys back at home are working on some stuff.

We worked on a little bit before I left but hasn’t been serious, serious writing sessions yet. But, we’re hanging out. We’re communicating. Dealing with the business side, B.S. stuff. You know, labels and lawyers and those types of things you have to deal with that are not glamorous. But, yes it is up and running. Slowly but surely.”
Same German interview talking about Drew's art but briefly switching to the topic of new music:

Old 05-06-2020, 01:09 PM   #16
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

All that sounds a little ominous, like a new record is still a few years out.

I was one of the people insanely let down by Chuckles but I don't see the point in haranguing a band over one bad album. Everyone's entitled to one dud. I still remember the day the album came out, picking it up alongside the final Beasties record, which I still spin frequently to this day.

Old 05-15-2020, 01:02 AM   #17
Rocket Launcher
Apocalyptic Poster

The Orph EP, Leitmotif and El Cielo are amazing..Catch Without Arms was pretty good, but from then on it went downhill fast. I hope the new album has some more prog in it again

Old 05-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #18
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I dunno, I thought The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion was a pretty strong showing

Old 05-20-2020, 09:09 PM   #19
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I really connected with that one when it came out and listened to it pretty regularly for the next few years. In a just world, it's the album that would've propelled their career into the stratosphere. I think that's why I felt so burnt by Fuckles and Mr. Wheezy. After making an album with such emotion, such depth they drop...
that.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:10 PM   #20
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I mean, come on. Cartoon Showroom, Down to the Cellar, Information, Ireland? That album's got heart for days.

Old 05-21-2020, 03:55 AM   #21
Rocket Launcher
Apocalyptic Poster

You got a point. I have to listen to Pariah again, it's been some years since my last listen. I remember Ireland being a very pretty song.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:20 AM   #22
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

It's probably closer to Catch Without Arms than El Cielo, but I loved both albums for different reasons so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯