Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-21-2017, 11:50 PM   #31
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
I mean honestly you sound like a 75 year old larry bird fan in a letters column
lmao

I hate to say it B0lly as you're a genuinely nice guy, but he's got a point. I mean, I doubt the legitimacy of some of these NBA games (mostly cause of the refs), but the talents about as sensational and entertaining as it's ever been. To say that this seasons been boring is just not accurate.

If defense and sensationalism is what you're about you should check out the Bucks/Raptors series. The "lowly" Bucks have totally neutered the Raptors offense and Giannis Antetokounmpo is one of the most sensational young players to watch in the league.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:54 PM   #32
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
it can't possibly be true because it takes an insane amount of work & talent & perseverance and dedication to make it to the nba let alone be a star player but you think russ westbrook is "pampered" based on fucking what my dude? the fact that his clothes are ridiculous and he holds the ball a lot? how about steph, kawhi, even james harden who i hate and i think is pretty narcissistic but even these men practice day and night. i hate kobe & think he's a sociopath but my god did he WORK. and lebron? THE MAN IS A FUCKING SAINT

People have been complaining about flashy "image focused" "primadonna" black athletes since muhummad ali first made white people mad, hell it even goes back to jack johnson

don't pretend you were ever talking about manu ginobili, gordon hayward, kelly olynyk or kristaps porzingis. thats just a fuckin joke my man. you're talking about black players specifically. specifically.
look man the fact that it DOES take an amazing amount of talent, perseverance, dedication and working ethic doesn't mean some of these guys arn't getting a bit too full of hot air.

it CAN be possible for bigtime players to have humility in them, i just think they're fewer these days. you still got Kawhi, Russ (even though he's got flamboyant character, but it's his thing and not the same thing as being an arrogant prick), David Robinson (of the 90's you hate so much), Tony Parker, Durant (even though i really loathed his move to GS but that's a diff point). i dunno, AC Green.

and then you do have some pompous hotshit white players, like Kevin Love or even Steph, Blake Griffin (even though they're not completely white i know). i dunno i don't see the point in making this a racial discussion because it ain't. most superstars are black anyway so it's not really a fair comparison. out of the big name white superstars i can think of many are humble, down to earth guys - Nowitzki, Nash, Klay etc but that doesn't mean it's because of their colour at all

Old 04-22-2017, 12:02 AM   #33
fuzzyroes
Banned

yeah, fuck those white guys like Steph Curry and Blake Griffin. I like the nice Utah boys like Gordon Hayward and Joe Ingles

Old 04-22-2017, 12:04 AM   #34
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

you're gonna go down with this ship like you usually do

Quote:
most superstars are black anyway so it's not really a fair comparison. out of the big name white superstars i can think of many are humble, down to earth guys - Nowitzki, Nash, Klay etc but that doesn't mean it's because of their colour at all
yeah don't stop & examine how you might be biased of course just deny it

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 04-22-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:06 AM   #35
Trotskilicious
Banned

I love this bizzaro world narrative that kevin love is "hot shit"

espn's whole narrative was that he wasn't fitting in with lebron because he doesn't like to hang out. kevin love is a quiet, reserved person. If you're talking about faking injuries with the t'wolves, again you're relying on fan rumor hearsay like most of what you've said so far

honestly out of all of the players in the league that i've watched a fair amount kevin love is the one i know the least about as a personality and he's literally the only white guy you can name that is this so-called primadonna player thats so prevalent these days

gordon hayward's haircut is flashier and more image concious than kevin love

come on man

Old 04-22-2017, 12:08 AM   #36
Trotskilicious
Banned

also fuzzy you were arguing his point last year

Old 04-22-2017, 12:11 AM   #37
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i'm honestly open to the option that i'm wrong or biased and you are making good points

nevertheless, this discussion was never about race and i don't really see the point of making it one. basketball is mostly a black sport and it's great that way, all i'm saying is these days it's become much softer and more commercialized, and that comes with a sense of celebrity a lot of players have, be it black or white, and i just don't like it that much

it's all a distraction

Old 04-22-2017, 12:15 AM   #38
Trotskilicious
Banned

by the way i don't know if you saw this in the edit so i moved it and put it here because you need to read it: klay thompson, blake griffin and steph curry all, as far as i know, identify as black or mixed race. they do not identify as white. in america its bad form to tell someone they are white as a matter of fact to score points on an internet message board. to put it mildly, it shows that you may be insensitive to race issues. what? you? no way. nah. c'maaan.

i'm done here

Old 04-22-2017, 12:17 AM   #39
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

oh btw Jeremy Lin

Old 04-22-2017, 12:20 AM   #40
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
by the way i don't know if you saw this in the edit so i moved it and put it here because you need to read it: klay thompson, blake griffin and steph curry all, as far as i know, identify as black or mixed race. they do not identify as white. in america its bad form to tell someone they are white as a matter of fact to score points on an internet message board. to put it mildly, it shows that you may be insensitive to race issues. what? you? no way. nah. c'maaan.

i'm done here
ok, that's fair and i accept it was wrong of me to say so.
i'm not from the US and tbh the black/white people thing and its subtleties is foreign to me. but it's important to me to point out that it's not out of bad intent or racism.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:23 AM   #41
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i still don't see how me not being able to really come up with obviously arrogant white players proves your point though

in fact, what is your point? i was simply saying i don't like what's become of the NBA in recent years and you made it about racism. if i hate black ppl all that much shouldn't i have hated NBA all along?

Old 04-22-2017, 01:17 AM   #42
Trotskilicious
Banned

teh bolly = deandre jordan
gordon hayward = me

Old 04-22-2017, 01:18 AM   #43
Trotskilicious
Banned

thats probably bad defense and not a mismatch per you, and there was probably travelling and a double dribble

Old 04-24-2017, 02:57 PM   #44
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:

i'm done here

Or put another way, you're just another self-loathing, white liberal guilt douche' who's far too oversensitive to race issues.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:58 PM   #45
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i still don't see how me not being able to really come up with obviously arrogant white players proves your point though

in fact, what is your point? i was simply saying i don't like what's become of the NBA in recent years and you made it about racism. if i hate black ppl all that much shouldn't i have hated NBA all along?

Trots needs to stop hanging upside down because the lard in his ass keeps flowing to his head.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:55 PM   #46
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
also fuzzy you were arguing his point last year
I was probably just drunk. I don't like the role that refs have on a game and I think the officiating is one of the main reason for the lack of grit. But to say that thegame is "boring" is just insane. I'd say it's as sensational to watch as ever.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:00 PM   #47
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I was probably just drunk.
that's a good excuse

Old 04-24-2017, 11:05 PM   #48
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
Or put another way, you're just another self-loathing, white liberal guilt douche' who's far too oversensitive to race issues.
I think Trots has a point here. I'm a big fan of all 4 major sports, but I think I notice the racism most prominently in MLB. If it's a Cuban or *******an-republic player playing with swagger people often criticize them for being a showboat and "not playing the game the right way" meanwhile when an actual douchebag like Josh Donaldson plays in the exact same manner everyone praises him for "how excitedly he take the field"

https://i0.wp.com/bluejayhunter.com/...size=815%2C460

It's been a racial problem in sports that's been going on for as long as colored players have been prominent in these leagues.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:07 PM   #49
redbreegull

"colored players"

Old 04-24-2017, 11:07 PM   #50
redbreegull

Canada ain't foreign enough for you to not know there's a problem with that

Old 04-24-2017, 11:14 PM   #51
fuzzyroes
Banned

oh please, you're ignoring the context in which I mentioned it.

You don't even appreciate the competition that takes place in sports so you're totally ignorant of the racial prejudice that I gave an example of.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:15 PM   #52
fuzzyroes
Banned

Should I have said the "non-white" players? would that have been less of a trigger for a sensitive guy such as yourself?

Old 04-24-2017, 11:16 PM   #53
redbreegull

Quote:
Should I have said the "non-white" players? would that have been less of a trigger for a sensitive guy such as yourself?
you are a such a piece of shit.

please go call some black people "colored" and see how they react.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:17 PM   #54
redbreegull

maybe you can livestream it

Old 04-24-2017, 11:20 PM   #55
redbreegull

lol fuzzy did you know negros are genetically predisposed to sportsmanship LOL unfair advantage if I do say so myself

Old 04-24-2017, 11:24 PM   #56
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i would just like to clarify with utmost honesty that i absolutely see black people as complete equals.

it's a touchy subject in the US i know, and phrasing myself accurately in English is hard for me, so i probably fuck it up sometimes. but it's important for me to say i absolutely am not racist. and my criticisms about the current state of the NBA has nothing to do with black star players being black or whatever it is trots was getting at

Old 04-24-2017, 11:25 PM   #57
Elphenor
Braindead

Teh B0lly the resident Nazis showed up to defend you I hope you learned something here

Old 04-24-2017, 11:25 PM   #58
fuzzyroes
Banned

@RBG: You're a negative man, and you're just trying to drag me down to your level so you can have someone to experience some online "drama" with.

Well sorry buddy, I'm not gonna take the bait. I know you're in a bad spot right now, and I sincerely wish for you the best, but I'm just not gonna get in any Netphoria flame wars anymore. It was annoying for people to read, and frankly, it's a waste of my own time.

Stop drinking so much man. It sneaks up on ya without the awareness of what a drunk you end up becoming.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:32 PM   #59
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i would just like to clarify with utmost honesty that i absolutely see black people as complete equals.

it's a touchy subject in the US i know, and phrasing myself accurately in English is hard for me, so i probably fuck it up sometimes. but it's important for me to say i absolutely am not racist. and my criticisms about the current state of the NBA has nothing to do with black star players being black or whatever it is trots was getting at
you are from a totally different place in the world than north america. personally I don't think you said anything which seemed like you were trying to put anyone down based on their race or anything. Having lived in Israel, I understand that it's just a totally different fucking place and I wouldn't expect an Israeli to know the ins and outs of US race relations anymore than I would expect an American to understand the relationship between the Jews and the Arabs. I lived there for several months and I still can't say I have more than a vague understanding of it

Quote:
@RBG: You're a negative man, and you're just trying to drag me down to your level so you can have someone to experience some online "drama" with.
you also probably didn't mean to say anything wrong, but you are FROM North America, you are essentially part of the same culture, and think it's ok to call a person colored? Either you are 80 years old and living under a rock or you are just incredibly ignorant

again, if you want to find out whether I am giving you a hard time for no reason, I invite you to try and call a non-white person "colored" and find out exactly what kind of reaction it will provoke. some people only learn one way.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:35 PM   #60
redbreegull

teh b0lly, a guy from the Middle East, fumbles over talking about race in the US and apologizes for seeming insensitive even though it obviously wasn't intentional and he admits not really understanding

fuzzyroes, a guy from Canada, outrightly uses an offensive and outdated term, then circles the wagons because the problem is sensitivity