Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2017, 02:37 PM   #241
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I have concluded that is all my hair's fault. I am still adjusting to my new-found hirsute glory.

On a more srs note: where the fuck do I go to buy milk?
www.amazon.com

now with same-day delivery

Old 11-25-2017, 02:54 PM   #242
fuzzyroes
Banned

Took man, I'm a total fool myself.. I'll act like a dork to hot supermarket clerks and get weird reactions too... But you just gotta shake it off and not care and forget about it and then the next time you go shopping everything will be cool again.

You seem to be playing up this stuff in your head as it being this big predicament, meanwhile the clerk probably forgot about it a minute later.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:39 PM   #243
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

hate to agree with fuzzy but i do

Old 11-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #244
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Harvest Foods yeah. It was just a silly blunder.

But safeway is bad. They all hate me to various degrees. Well not Nancy, the head. She is a nice lady. But the rest, it's clear that they think I am some sort of cruel flirt amd that's bullshit. Both with Mitchel and Loralee I was just trying to be friendly but they misinterpreted it so I freaked out and ignored them. Also I made some big mistakes like making a cruel smirk in front of the super hot cashier when Mitchel was gawking. And I might have pulled out my WWU folder to try to impress her (opposite effect).

Trust me safeway hates me. i will never go there again. oh and I touched Mitchel's hand and another cashiers BY MISTAKE. now when anyone hands me my receipt its by the very edge blatantly. WTF. christ. i hate being touched. it was a total accident. fuck.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:18 PM   #245
FoolofaTook

Motherfucking supermarket drama.

I have worse things to worry about. saw my neighbor today. she looked sadly amused. but her husband said "Fuck him" loudly by my window yesterday and i have a feeling this isn't over. ah well she took (barsoom!) pleasure in my shame so well i guess it is war.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:21 PM   #246
FoolofaTook

But I regret safeway. i shouldn't have ignore those two. i should have just kept being casually friendly.

i keep doing this, especially with females who like me. there was a stoner chick (!) who came up to me in a parking lot and offered to smoke me out, and a russian (!!) girl and so on. i screwed it all up heh.

countless males but they don't count.

Fulltoke: the reluctant slut!

Old 11-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #247
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Why do you even know the names of these people

is my question

Old 11-25-2017, 07:04 PM   #248
FoolofaTook

I have no car and I eat a lot and cook everything so I go shopping a lot. Plus they have name tags. Also I think Loralee isn't her name.

Nancy was nice to me and called me by my first name first. Mitchell... christ. All I said was "Thank you Mitchell have a good evening." in my usual feminine grew up in southeast asia friendly voice. dude lost his fucking mind.

now here we are.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:04 PM   #249
FoolofaTook

THIS ISN'T FARE

Old 11-25-2017, 07:05 PM   #250
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Complain to their manager. You might get a coupon or something.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:11 PM   #251
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

for a year straight I was starting to sweat entering my local super market. (which I sort of had to use, no car either and the next one an half hour ride on the subway.)
why? there was this guy, I swear he hated me.
I went in there one day, super stressed, and managed to turn my ass to the side in such an idiotic way, that I wiped several packs off the board. he picked them all up, grunting to not help him.
anyway. he always seemed to have the shift when I had the time to go grocery shopping. so in my head, clearly that dude hated me, and clearly he was staring with his grumpy look right at me, every single time.

new years I ended up hitting a party in that neighborhood where he was too. had the exact same grumpy face. I asked someone if he always looked that way when talking to people and the answer was "oh yea, we call him grumpy for a reason, nobody ever saw him smile."

guess who felt really stupid for thinking memememe I am so important, important enough that a store clerk cares! - they don't, they got other shit to do.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:55 PM   #252
FoolofaTook

So you guys think I am making a molehill out of a fountain?

Old 11-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #253
FoolofaTook

I hope so. Maybe I will sneak back in and buy some kimchee in a couple of months.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #254
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

yes, a molehill.

(don't do this to me, I just seriously thought I had "mountain out of a molehill" wrong the entire time lol.)

it's to make a mosquito out of an elephant in German.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #255
FoolofaTook

Hehe. I learned that from Sancho Panza, the god of all mangled proverbs.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:11 AM   #256
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
yes, a molehill.

(don't do this to me, I just seriously thought I had "mountain out of a molehill" wrong the entire time lol.)

van een mug een olifant maken in het Nederlands!

Old 11-26-2017, 02:44 AM   #257
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I have no car and I eat a lot and cook everything so I go shopping a lot. Plus they have name tags. Also I think Loralee isn't her name.

Nancy was nice to me and called me by my first name first. Mitchell... christ. All I said was "Thank you Mitchell have a good evening." in my usual feminine grew up in southeast asia friendly voice. dude lost his fucking mind.

now here we are.
You grew up in southeast Asia? o.O

Old 11-26-2017, 03:18 AM   #258
FoolofaTook

Republika Filipinas

Old 11-26-2017, 04:29 AM   #259
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I hate insomnia, I REALLY should have been asleep 3 hours ago. I need to be up in 3 hours. And I'm physically exhausted but can NOT sleep -___-

Old 11-26-2017, 04:32 AM   #260
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I have a fuck load of Restoril and Ambien but I can't take them right now because I won't get up if I do. I tried taking the Restoril a few times and it doesn't help me fall asleep any faster but makes it harder to get up once my alarm goes off like 2-3 hours after I finally pass out so it's just not worth it. I thought I'd relish in sleep once baby started sleeping through the night (she has!) but now my insomnia just came back. WTF

Old 11-26-2017, 06:06 AM   #261
Cool As Ice Cream

Red face

Quote:
not the other way around?

Old 11-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #262
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
for a year straight I was starting to sweat entering my local super market. (which I sort of had to use, no car either and the next one an half hour ride on the subway.)
why? there was this guy, I swear he hated me.
I went in there one day, super stressed, and managed to turn my ass to the side in such an idiotic way, that I wiped several packs off the board. he picked them all up, grunting to not help him.
anyway. he always seemed to have the shift when I had the time to go grocery shopping. so in my head, clearly that dude hated me, and clearly he was staring with his grumpy look right at me, every single time.

new years I ended up hitting a party in that neighborhood where he was too. had the exact same grumpy face. I asked someone if he always looked that way when talking to people and the answer was "oh yea, we call him grumpy for a reason, nobody ever saw him smile."

guess who felt really stupid for thinking memememe I am so important, important enough that a store clerk cares! - they don't, they got other shit to do.
Jesus, wow. I rarely see the same person twice at my grocery store. If I offended someone, I doubt I'd ever have to face them again.

I guess maybe I don't want to live in a small town after all. Too many disgruntled grocery store clerks.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #263
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

The clerks at my grocery store are paid like shit and treated like dogs by the customers (I've known many people who worked for the company in the past), so I make a point of trying to be friendly towards whoever is ringing me up. Really, it's just making eye contact and saying "thank you" and "have a good night/weekend."

*pats self on back*

Be nice to your grocery store clerks. This has been a PSA.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:54 PM   #264
FoolofaTook

It is too late for that. I am too embarrassed and ashamed to go back.

I really need a cat.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:55 PM   #265
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Snakes are cool pets too.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:22 PM   #266
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post

I guess maybe I don't want to live in a small town after all. Too many disgruntled grocery store clerks.
this was in Berlin but sure. the size of super markets and fluctuation of employees does now quite match the US, doesn't mean it's a small town.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #267
FoolofaTook

So I went today to volunteer at the shelter (lol). Saw Stevie the 14 year old kittykat slumbering in her usual spot under the bushes. Crawled on my hands and knees to give her a chin scratch.

She wakes up gives me a grumpy look AND WALTZES AWAY NONCHALANTLY.

FUCK YOU STEVIE I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON A FURBALL

(Just kidding I will probably walk by tomorrow to see if I can impose upon her again).

Old 12-01-2017, 08:12 PM   #268
redbreegull

I fucking hate republicans

Old 12-01-2017, 09:21 PM   #269
FoolofaTook

THAN WHY DON'T YOU SHOUT IT OUT LOUD BRAH?

Old 12-02-2017, 04:02 AM   #270
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I found out that Sleep are visiting our shores only when somebody mentioned that it's already sold out.

The fact that the venue's sound is the worst in town helps somewhat.